Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Part Three: New thread while Thor and Lee's book is in Publication

forum rss feed
Author

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1048 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 00:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, you always seem to have the right words .I haven't been here much lately .Everybody seems to be busy though right.Im so glad its fall weather we are getting a cold start in Oklahoma.We are gonna have a nice storm this winter I feel it.I so hope not I live in the country and always lose power for a few days.Wreckers dont come out as far as I live when weather is bad either.I can remember one year a couple tractors turned over trying to rescue cars off the mountain .Hope this text finds you well and hope your enjoying your fall activities.

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 01:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor,
Sorry you missed WWRY- just saw it in Las Vegas last week. Hopefully you will get another shot at seeing it.
I am sure Lee wished you were there but at least you have made Dalton’s weekend!!

Take care!!

FreddieDarling user not visiting Queenzone.com
FreddieDarling
Bohemian: 573 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 07:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor, I am very sorry that your medical predicament has meant that you are unable to attend WWRY. What a shame. I'll bet Lee is sad that you cannot go, too.

I hope that you get the opportunity to go again one day soon when you are feeling better.

Amidds (or was it JB050 who asked this?) I have 5 adult stick insects. I named them Freddie, John, Roger and .....yes, you guessed it, Brian. Haven't named the babies yet, as they are still at a critical stage where they may shuffle off this mortal coil very easily. Guess I should name them names like Jimmy, Louise, Rufus, Rory, Luke, Laura, Oscar and Delilah!

Chevyman I hope you enjoy your retreat next week.Take care and relax.

Katydyd5, hope you are well mate.

And to all the QZ peeps don't forget 4 p.m. GMT today (Sunday October 13th) Greatest Hits Radio Freddie Never Boring programme is on (though to be honest it wasn't that good. I adore Freddie's music, but they played it so bloody loud I couldn't make out all of the interview dialogue! Barely understood poor Jer! Don't forget post code W8 6QN)

Byee

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 384 posts

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 09:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fredfie.yep, it was me—- thanks for the answers!! Love that you have ‘the band’ of stick insects!! Haha.

Ohh Thor. :( that does stink. On top of being at the IV, obeying all directives, being home and possibly a little stir crazy, now this :-/ ....

I echo exactly what everyone else has said....hopefully it will come around again or will create a future travel opportunity... and, Lee (and Dalton?) would go back with you. :)) ... or for now they could reenact one of the numbers for you at home while your getting IV. (Haha) :)).

Hope your feeling better every day!!!

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 14:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam Lambert does an awesome job working with Queen they picked a great guy to work with to honor Freddie and to keep the band going and them busy.They really look to be enjoying themselves that's what it is all about.There will never be another Freddie but I do think he would be pleased to see his band mates go on and enjoy themselves on stage.I know the part where Brian has to do the thing with the hologram of Freddie has to bring him happiness but yet an overwhelming sadness.It just goes to show the ones of us that are now Freddie's age when he died just teens when it happened it's been such a long time.They are definately making memories even today just like they did in those early years I hope they continue it's put a smile on so many faces and that was the intentions from the beginning .I almost forgot to make alot of money I think we all would agree on that one who doesnt need money.

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 19:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow. OMG. OMG. !!
I am eatching the Queen + Be’jart Ballet for Life. I am really looking for the right words. OMG. Please see this. It’s still on and I had to pause it because I needed to come on here and tell ‘someone’ I am experiencing every emotion even ones I didn’t know we had. (Haha). This is extraordinary!!! It is pure art and emotion! The perfect blending of Queen, Mozart, and unbelievable choreography/movement. I just can’t believe what I’m seeing. It’s really beyond words.

I would really love to hear from Lee and Thor if/once they see it. Seriously, OMG.

I am going to gather myself and words to describe what I’m experiencing in it and will write more after its over.

Having a quiet afternoon to watch in one sitting is perfect too.

Jo T. I can’t wait for you to get to watch it when you also have the right timing for you to be able to really focus on it. WOW!!!!!!

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 19:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here are some YouTube links to the trailer : interviews.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zE_sONyX2M0

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8k0M8Zo8QoI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xRshu0AoT8U

Jo T. I so agree with you about how amazing it would be if they recreate this for live your! As I watch I am feeling such a need :)) ok wish. To see it live.

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 19:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I’m trying the ‘remove the ‘s’ trick. They were active links when I copied them :)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zE_sONyX2M0

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8k0M8Zo8QoI

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xRshu0AoT8U

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 21:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie Darling, congratulations on the new babies that were born what are they gonna call you.

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 127 posts

Posted: 14 Oct 19, 00:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh Thor, a shame to say the least, and I know you thought you’d be 80 or 90% healed by now, and going to the show, but sure you’ll see it when it makes another tour.

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 14 Oct 19, 09:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor I am so sorry to hear you can't make it to 'we will rock you'. Hopefully there will be another chance at some point in the future :)

JB050 glad you love the never boring box set and the Ballet that I must watch judging by your reaction :)

freddiedarling the radio documentary was a let down for me really as it wasn't new interviews or information. I guess when you are a mad fan like us there is almost nothing much new to find out. I love listening to Jer speak, her appearance on the One Show was wonderful :)

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 14 Oct 19, 09:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

amidds after listening to Ratty's broadcast and reading his book, I didn't come away with the impression he was a disgruntled ex employee. It's clear that there is no love lost between them for whatever reason but I feel Ratty did a fair and balanced insight in life as a roadie. It's clear he is/was very fond of Freddie and John and doesn't have a bad word to say about them.

All I can put it down to is that Brian isn't keen on people outside of QP writing books and he clearly thinks Ratty did it for negative reasons. If you follow Brian on social media you will have noticed from time to time he can get touchy . He doesn't like to be criticised (who does) but when he is he doesn't handle it well .

Ratty worked with Queen/Freddie for 20 years and even after he ended his job as a roadie, Freddie used him in his new role of photographer .

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 199 posts

Posted: 14 Oct 19, 14:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut thanks for your input. I didn't feel Ratty was disgruntled at all and, I will admit, I don't follow Brian at all. I have heard conjecture that Ratty has been vocal about not liking the direction Queen has gone after Freddie so maybe that had something to do with it. Oh well, to each his own.

JB-what a ringing endorsement! Have you recovered? Did you have to have a cig after lol? You peeps really open my eyes to some things. Every time something comes out or around in theaters, there are so many mixed reviews that I try to wait until you all report in. As I'm not really a ballet fan, was gonna skip the Queen and Be'jart but you really make it sound like a must see!!! Now if you all had just warned me about 40 Years of Queen lol!

Fredfie, I will be most hurt if one of those babies isn't named SniffsU!!! :)

Thor, so sad to hear that your long recovery prevented you from seeing WWRY! I do love the previous suggestion of Lee and Dalton reenacting some of it for you!!

Posted: 14 Oct 19, 16:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, you are so sweet with your suggestions that's a great idea.I bet will do something special for Thor when he is back at it again.Yet again today I'm sending warm words and healing prayers his way hopefully he sees it.We all have him in our thoughts daily get well dude.

Posted: 14 Oct 19, 18:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut and Amidds— I agree re: Ratty. Another book I have to get back to. I admit I have it on kindle and searched for instances of “Freddie”. To read those passages first HAHA!! (True confession) but from what I read and from listening to the interview, I appreciate the insight from his perspective and also didn’t get the feeling he was disgruntled either.

Amidds— that is so hysterical! I don’t think I have recovered yet. LOL. I probably did need a cigarette but quit years ago (darn)- haha. Don’t know what I would have done if I didn’t have this thread/all of you to share that with. I would have had to go talk to strangers at the grocery store.

So beautiful and moving. I need to watch it again.

Donught, Amidds, All— I Hope, if you take my recommendation, that you love it as much as I did. I did flip thru it first time (a theme for me, right? :-)) and didn’t get the full experience until I really focused on it and watched whole thing. It is queen’s music (not being sung on stage by anyone else. In the documentary portion it shows that Elton sang with Queen live on Stage for one of the performances. This taping/ performance doesn’t include that, but it’s shown a little of it in the documentary. I really think

For the box set. I was surprised and a little disappointed that they didn’t include the full Time interview. Anyone else notice that it’s not on YouTube anymore. I realize the one that was on YouTube may have not even been full but was longer.... where Freddie talked about the Queen sound.

Posted: 14 Oct 19, 19:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The longer version is not on YouTube, that is. Can still see shorter versions I think.

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1716 posts

Posted: 14 Oct 19, 19:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bad news again. Heading back to surgery tomorrow for the THIRD time. The knee is still
not healing properly, infection or not. Gosh Darn It...when will this end?

Posted: 14 Oct 19, 20:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh my goodness Thor. I’m so sorry....really feel for you.

Posted: 14 Oct 19, 21:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why isn't it healing?Infection like you said

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 545 posts

Posted: 14 Oct 19, 21:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thor...You carry the well wishes of friends from many different countries who follow this thread. While all we can offer you are words at this moment, know that we pulling for you in a BIG WAY!