Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Part Three: New thread while Thor and Lee's book is in Publication

forum rss feed
Author

The Black Queen's Kid user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Black Queen's Kid
Champion: 74 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jul 19, 23:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As we celebrate the 4th of July in the States I think our dear friends in the UK should also be celebrating the date! You lucky bastards got rid of our craziness and really dodged a bullet! Love to you all!! ;o)

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts

Posted: 05 Jul 19, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BQK- LOL- that’s a good one!!

Thor and Lee - hope everything out there is ok- was concerned if the earthquake did any damage where you are?? Hope you are safe!!

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts

Posted: 05 Jul 19, 19:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Emdee, Hope you are right! I have only experienced one earthquake I can't really remember what are they like? Do they do alot of damage?I'm sure everything is fine.

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this message is...
matt z
Deity: 4470 posts

Posted: 05 Jul 19, 20:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CHEVYMAN wrote:

Emdee, Hope you are right! I have only experienced one earthquake I can't really remember what are they like? Do they do alot of damage?I'm sure everything is fine.

The earthquake happened near Ridge Crest CA, nearer to death valley but somewhat near Bakersfield.

That's pretty far up north. At least 4 hour drive from San Diego with lead boots on. I doubt it's had much effect on Thor out there. But it may trigger more visits to the stores to purchase earthquake supplies.

My nut job family threw away the earthquake stuff I'd stocked in the old house believing it would "go bad"

(Face Palm)

Thing is. In a desert. When things go down, prices gouge up.

"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHT!"

Posted: 05 Jul 19, 21:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mattz, Isn"t deathvalley were all those murders took place in the sixties.You know Charles Manson murders.I was just curious.A little off the subject.

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 19, 15:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Blackqueenskid....don't worry there are plenty of crazy people left in the UK to make up for the US's independent from us lol. Perhaps some Americans decided to move to the UK and they are the crazy ones here lol

Thor that is a nice temp where you are . It's been very hot in the uk for a few days ...we just aren't good at coping with it.

Hope you are all enjoying the weekend :)

Posted: 07 Jul 19, 16:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Everybody ignore that last post I was on some good after the 4th drinks left to me.So I was gonna throw them away I said no drink them so I did.I could of said alot worse and glad I didnt.Doughnut, I'm wish we had 70 degree weather it is so hot in Oklahoma.I bet you don't even sweat .

doughnut user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 19, 16:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chevyman I do sweat, when we do have hot weather its horrible humid hot.

Posted: 08 Jul 19, 21:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doughnut, I used to sweat alot but since my incident I stay cold all the time even when it's hot I can go outside it can be 100 degrees and to me it just feels about 80 degress.Oklahoma is very humid though.We never experience a very cold winter hardly any big snows.It would be so cool to live in Alaska it stays winter all the time there I think.I bet they wish they saw some warmer temperatures at times.You need to go get in your pool and relax with the kids on those hot days at least till fall weather.

emdee0809 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts

Posted: 09 Jul 19, 02:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Matt Z- earthquakes are scary to me- I never know how far the tremors can be felt- the whole state of California makes me nervous- they keep talking about " the big one" whenever that may occur! I don't want the state to detach itself from the rest of the states!!

Posted: 09 Jul 19, 02:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Emdee, Could that really happen I don't know much about earthquakes .We dont have those in Oklahoma from what I'm aware of.I have only experienced one.How was you trip?Hope you are enjoying yourself .We will be here waiting for your return .

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 541 posts

Posted: 09 Jul 19, 22:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

doughnut...did you receive your copy of "Queen: As it Began"? If so, how do you like it?

When I first began reading books about Freddie or watching YouTube videos, I had no context for the information I was taking in, and therefore, no way of knowing if those sources of information were true or false, or somewhere in-between. Now I enjoy rereading those books and watching the YouTube documentaries multiple times because I’m a better position to evaluate them. Having said that…there are many people on QZ who are positively encyclopedic in their knowledge of Queen/Freddie...that is certainly NOT me. I’m still learning like most of the other people here.

Because we have gotten to know Thor and Lee over these past couple of years, I think their stories about their time with Freddie will mean far more to me and be even richer because they are not just strangers sharing memories!

Posted: 09 Jul 19, 22:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, I totally agree with you on that last one for sure.You made an excellent point.

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 516 posts

Posted: 10 Jul 19, 00:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good post Rainbow. When I first began my Freddie obsession, I read everything I could find and watched endless videos. In fact, note to self, I need to go through that vast collection I have and weed some out. I was like a sponge, taking it in as fast as I could. I'm much more discerning now, and I like to think I can separate the truth from the false, or as Rainbow said, the somewhere in-between.

I recently came across this video that I hadn't seen before. I was especially interested in the section where Brian is talking about the cues they gave each other during performances. For a while now I've been watching videos I know so well with an eye towards trying to see some of those cues. They are truly subtle because the band was the proverbial well-oiled machine, but you can spot them at times. Freddie's cues are more obvious, but I think they had to be. This is probably going to sound weird, but sometimes I like to turn the sound off completely and look at videos without the "interference" of the music. I like watching body language, and interactions between the guys. I'll even watch for how precise Ratty was in his role. If I'm hearing the music, I get caught up in that. No sound is like examining the bare bones.

Here's the link. Was it Galileo who said to take out the "s" in the http to make the link live? I'm going to try that. Hopefully it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeaD3dKkfPM&fbclid=IwAR2uDpgcnf5LRrCZeNSg7UrT1bgp61JBZf1y3jDDHBphv17dvydW7Yf79ks

Galileo1564 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 208 posts

Posted: 10 Jul 19, 01:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes it was I! And although I was referred to as “he” a few times over this or something else (“vignette”) maybe, I’m a “she”. But my screen name is a guy, so perhaps that’s how I became “he”.

Re earthquakes, I experienced two in Toronto during the 33 or so years I lived there. Little ones. One of them made my Mom’s glass shelves shake. It was eerie. The other could only be felt on floors six or higher. I was alone at work on the 6th floor of a building. My chair was shaking. Until I read about the earthquake in the paper, I thought I had imagined the shaking.

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 516 posts

Posted: 10 Jul 19, 01:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Your tip worked Galileo! Thanks so much. I'm so sorry, but I've always thought you were a guy and have probably referred to you that way. LOL, I stand corrected and you will be a "she" from now on!

Galileo1564 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 208 posts

Posted: 10 Jul 19, 01:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

On another online group (where I lurk but never post), a fellow recently posted a picture of himself having a meal with another member, and someone else said “for years I thought you were a woman”!

I’m not even a tomboy, ha ha.

Posted: 10 Jul 19, 02:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Galileo, I thought you were a guy too I'm sorry.You talk and answer questions as good as any guy would.I give it away everyone knows they are talking to a girl not a bit of dude in me at all.So I definitely couldn't fool anyone.I was really trying hard too with screen name and all.Poor me better luck next time.

Posted: 11 Jul 19, 23:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JT,Happy Bdaygirl !Do something special on your day.Hope you have many more blessed years to come you are a good friend and sweet lady have a happy day.

thundergod user not visiting Queenzone.com
thundergod
Royalty: 1716 posts

Posted: 12 Jul 19, 01:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Everyone,
Speaking of earthquakes...watch this hilarious video that Lee sent me today.

https://youtu.be/LjDzOb8a8yc