Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Brian's lost it again ...

forum rss feed
Author

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1114 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 15:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Until you sit in the audience and hear that fabulous, ringing, immensely huge voice yourself, you can just stuff it with the whiny weak girl's voice crap! You have no clue what you are talking about. Adam' voice could blast you into the next room. Honestly you must need a hearing aid!

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4183 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 16:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No one sings better LIVE than Adam right now. I was comparing people who are alive now. I was not including Freddie which should have been understood. If Freddie was still here and they were still touring around the world doing live shows with HIM that would be a completely different story. So it is silly to still be comparing Adam with someone who isn’t here.

I’m happy for the opportunity to hear this wonderful music in a fantastic and uplifting show. They have decided that after 50 years they do not need to put out new music. They have so many songs in their existing catalog they can’t fit them into two hours now. They don’t need more.

If they come back to the UK and Europe or you live in Australia, New Zealand, Japan or Korea, go to a show! I guarantee you will love it and like me you will be screaming out loud with everyone else in the audience!

john bodega user not visiting Queenzone.com
john bodega
Deity: 12865 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 17:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I dunno. He compromises on a lot of vowel sounds in order to make the notes, he makes an unpleasant, flat, pitch-bend approach to some of those high notes, as though he's 'searching' for them on the way up - and on top of all that, he doesn't always hit 'em. To me, that's not 'best live singer today' material, unless you're an extremely selective listener. I'm not even hating on the guy - live music is almost never perfect, that's part of the attraction. I'm just saying there's millions of performers out there and you're missing out on some good ones if you seriously think that Q+AL is all there is at the top of the pile.

"By now, they have found a new fan for every fan like you"

Cool, so they have twice as many fans. That's not a problem, I like Queen a lot.

john bodega user not visiting Queenzone.com
john bodega
Deity: 12865 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 17:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"go to a show!"

I really, really was considering it and hovering on the Buy button for their next Perth show - truly. Seeing Brian play live would've been a big life moment for me, but aside from me being a newlywed who has to be a little cautious with his money, Roger doesn't hit hard enough for my taste anymore and I don't enjoy the sound Adam makes.

100% stand behind their decision to keep playing, always have - even when they had that Paul Rodgers geezer.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 18:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John, I used to read that Adam “bends” the vowels. Is that what you mean by “compromising” the vowel sounds? It all sounds great to me so I have no idea what that means.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2092 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 18:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

john bodega wrote:

I dunno. He compromises on a lot of vowel sounds in order to make the notes, he makes an unpleasant, flat, pitch-bend approach to some of those high notes, as though he's 'searching' for them on the way up - and on top of all that, he doesn't always hit 'em. To me, that's not 'best live singer today' material, unless you're an extremely selective listener. I'm not even hating on the guy - live music is almost never perfect, that's part of the attraction. I'm just saying there's millions of performers out there and you're missing out on some good ones if you seriously think that Q+AL is all there is at the top of the pile.

"By now, they have found a new fan for every fan like you"

Cool, so they have twice as many fans. That's not a problem, I like Queen a lot.

WHat also annoys me about him is that he is always off when it comes to the timing of the song. He is always a few seconds in front or behind. Tasteless Glamtarts will say he does that on purpose. FOr me it is garbage.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 18:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have purposely been listening to when Adam starts to sing and am personally amazed at how that works so well. Brian is playing all of those riffs and Adam comes in at just the right point!

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2448 posts

Posted: 26 Aug 19, 19:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Never will be a rock legend but he is very amusing trying to be lol

Attachment: 20198261887795820.jpg 63 KB
This has been downloaded 20 time(s).

Posted: 26 Aug 19, 21:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Miracle. wrote:

Never will be a rock legend but he is very amusing trying to be lol

Good shot! Marvelous and magnificent. Even if you' haven't bought a ticket

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 4335 posts

Posted: 27 Aug 19, 00:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That'd be a great t shirt. ^

Too bad it costs so much to get shirts printed

"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHTt!"

Posted: 27 Aug 19, 07:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

matt z wrote:

That'd be a great t shirt. ^

Too bad it costs so much to get shirts printed

The shirts will be cheaper when Lameturd will be on cruise ships again

Miracle.

Posted: 27 Aug 19, 11:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Try this for a Tshirt !

Attachment: 20198271670261516.jpg 36 KB
This has been downloaded 11 time(s).

AlbaNo1 user not visiting Queenzone.com
AlbaNo1
Bohemian: 399 posts

Posted: 27 Aug 19, 21:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The whole sound of QAL is much smoother and produced sounding than Queen were live. Play the Game sounds exactly like the record and not like Freddie reworked it live with raw soul. Absolutely no way Lambert could front them in proper rock band mode.And I’m saying that as one who can enjoy QAL for what it is.

Posted: 28 Aug 19, 04:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AlbaNo1 wrote:

The whole sound of QAL is much smoother and produced sounding than Queen were live. Play the Game sounds exactly like the record and not like Freddie reworked it live with raw soul. Absolutely no way Lambert could front them in proper rock band mode.And I’m saying that as one who can enjoy QAL for what it is.

Sounds like cabaret act in a bad Musical

Miracle.

Posted: 28 Aug 19, 11:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I cannot listen to Adam Lambert in any shape or form.
He still cannot prove his worth particularly with his solo career (if he ever had a one) ! He is a guy who has avoided questions from the public in regards to the lack of talent he has because lets face it without Queen music what or who is Adam Lambert?

princetom user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 785 posts

Posted: 28 Aug 19, 21:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

now. for what i'm capable to judge as a "fan"... never was one of paul rodgers ... he did great... and did it with some ambition of a rock/blues-singer. well done. not everything well done... but some of the gigs ware awesome.
mr. lambert indeed nails songs b his ambition to *nail* them . *whoah" ! ""doin' allright!" ??? c'mon people... he certainly has researched the tim staffel version (2018 :-) AND: excuse me... that mr lambert does it more justice that freddie did ... live... yes indeed... freddie did it all right. all of those songs. but whom else could you imagine to front a band like ... that very queen guys ? this adam-guy is doing great.. and the band rotates the setlist to "eah.. i WANT to hear" .

prince[tOM]

Posted: 28 Aug 19, 22:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

princetom wrote:

now. for what i'm capable to judge as a "fan"... never was one of paul rodgers ... he did great... and did it with some ambition of a rock/blues-singer. well done. not everything well done... but some of the gigs ware awesome.
mr. lambert indeed nails songs b his ambition to *nail* them . *whoah" ! ""doin' allright!" ??? c'mon people... he certainly has researched the tim staffel version (2018 :-) AND: excuse me... that mr lambert does it more justice that freddie did ... live... yes indeed... freddie did it all right. all of those songs. but whom else could you imagine to front a band like ... that very queen guys ? this adam-guy is doing great.. and the band rotates the setlist to "eah.. i WANT to hear" .

Post sober next time

Miracle.

Posted: 29 Aug 19, 13:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Princetom what on earth are you on ???? If you think Adam can do a song more justice than our legend Freddie then i suggest you get your ears syringed.

Posted: 29 Aug 19, 19:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Miracle. wrote:

I cannot listen to Adam Lambert in any shape or form.

You are surely not alone

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2710 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 19, 11:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Miracle. wrote:

Princetom what on earth are you on ???? If you think Adam can do a song more justice than our legend Freddie then i suggest you get your ears syringed.

Well he can sing some of those songs closer to the recoded versions than Freddie did.

He also doesn't suffer from the vocal problems Freddie had, which helps.

The band, with its current line up gets closer vocally then the original line up could purely because they now have six voices on stage rather than three (or four in the 80's).