Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Brian's lost it again ...

forum rss feed
Author

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 6055 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Sep 19, 08:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I never said that, Holly. You do not need to put untrue remarks in my mouth, OK? You people always spin the remarks in a way that usually wasn't meant by the poster.

You did say it. I quoted you directly.

"Well, the band is as big as ever, playing around the world to ever more fans clamoring to hear them and to rave reviews, which is not what they got years ago. "

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1640 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 19, 13:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They did not get rave reviews from all the articles I have read. They were rather underrated, esp. in regards to the US. People bought all their music, but the reviews were not on board. That is what I have seen written many, many times. I am not a Queen expert like you people, so I don't know. My point was that QAL is not circling the toilet on their way into oblivion. They are extremely well respected and still a best selling band and their reviews are as good or better than ever. I have read Brian mention it before. Don't know what to tell you!

MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1716 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 19, 14:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“They did not get rave reviews from all the articles I have read. They were rather underrated, esp. in regards to the US. People bought all their music, but the reviews were not on board. That is what I have seen written many, many times. I am not a Queen expert like you people, so I don't know. My point was that QAL is not circling the toilet on their way into oblivion. They are extremely well respected and still a best selling band and their reviews are as good or better than ever. I have read Brian mention it before. Don't know what to tell you! ”

Queen were hated by the majority of the press. Even in the USA. One idiot gave a review of their soundcheck as if it was a concert. If you didn’t know that Queen had an issue with the press, you’re not a fan.

Queen had huge concerts. Records Adam will never break.

You act as if Queen didn’t get much attention back then... I’m sorry, but they were hitmakers throughout their lifetime... even during the Hot Space era.

Hotdog
MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1716 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 19, 14:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“and their reviews are as good or better than ever.”

That’s because back in the days of Queen, you had a limited amount of publications. No blogs. Nothing via internet... your reviews you read wouldn’t even exist. Rolling Stone magazine was trash. It doesn’t matter what a journalist says.

It’s about the music.

Hotdog
Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5540 posts

Posted: 20 Oct 19, 20:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Queen fans wanted Queen music and Brian, Roger and John to all die the day Freddie died. They can’t stand that the show has gone on! Unbelievable!

Page 13.
Unbelievable!

stevelondon20 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2275 posts

Posted: 20 Oct 19, 21:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

Queen fans wanted Queen music and Brian, Roger and John to all die the day Freddie died. They can’t stand that the show has gone on! Unbelievable!

Page 13.
Unbelievable!

No need for that at all!

This place used to be great, but now it is an absolute joke.

For serious Queen discussion, please visit

http://www.queenforum.net

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5540 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 19, 21:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Here ya go, rockchick. I don't know how you could defend this.

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 9620 posts

Posted: 30 Nov 19, 13:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jazz+ wrote:Quite intriguing that Brian and Roger still have not recorded with there "Gift from god" singer Adam to make an album yet, because they are terrified it goes tits up which it will.
It will embarrass them greatly when sales tumble like hail stone from the skies! ( That was quite poetic don't you think lol)
No Queen come across as scared deer in the headlights as far as albums go with Adam and i am so glad that they have the sense at least to stop the album from happening.

A-grade moronic post ^ and completely true to form for your usual piss-poor standard of response.
The reason there's been no new Queen songs is simple. Brian and Roger are doing what most rock stars their age are doing: boosting the pension pot.
There's no real money being made from record sales these days. The serious money is made from touring.

Why would any touring band need to record new material, when there's a huge catalogue already available for live performance?

go deo na hÉireann

The best QZ epoch: BG17-00 (Before Gerry 1996-2013)