Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Brian's lost it again ...

forum rss feed
Author

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2752 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Sep 19, 09:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thats why you are a casual fan who doesnt give s shit who is singing. Die hards want to know everything about their band. QAL do not cater for die hards. As you said it is only half the band. Which does not make them Queen. Die hards hate QAL. It is a wacky freakshow Nothing more. QAL just live because of the Queen name.
And let me ask you.: could you imagine "Rolling Stones Plus AL" if he had died???Never ever. But Queen plus AL is ok?????? No fucking way. It is an insult.....

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2069 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Sep 19, 17:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Thats why you are a casual fan who doesnt give s shit who is singing. Die hards want to know everything about their band. QAL do not cater for die hards. As you said it is only half the band. Which does not make them Queen. Die hards hate QAL. It is a wacky freakshow Nothing more. QAL just live because of the Queen name.
And let me ask you.: could you imagine "Rolling Stones Plus AL" if he had died???Never ever. But Queen plus AL is ok?????? No fucking way. It is an insult.....


I don't need to be die hard about any band or artist to enjoy their music, I don't need to know every little detail to prove something, that's not what music is about for me. There are plenty of Queen fans casual and die hard who are happy with the QAL shows, I can't see a single thing wrong with it, anyone not liking it doesn't need to go, the rest of us are having a great time. I do know a lot about Queen they've always been my favourite band but it wouldn't stop my enjoyment of their music even if I didn't. As to the rolling stones with Adam, no idea, not really a stones fan so I only know a handful of songs but regardless he was asked to work with Brian & Roger and I and plenty others think he fits with them.



runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2752 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Sep 19, 17:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You wont get it will ya? Diehards hate it when this guy destroys the once great songs with bis powerless whining voice. Die hards hate it when he wears the crown and taking himself seriously when this was a pure Freddie thing tongue in cheek. Die hards makes it cringe when he is acting the rock star he isn't as he is a dance pop crooner. Only casual music listeners like you who dont care if they listen to Queen Foreigner or Journey on their way to work on their FM channel dont give a shit and like this trainwreck.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2069 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Sep 19, 21:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

You wont get it will ya? Diehards hate it when this guy destroys the once great songs with bis powerless whining voice. Die hards hate it when he wears the crown and taking himself seriously when this was a pure Freddie thing tongue in cheek. Die hards makes it cringe when he is acting the rock star he isn't as he is a dance pop crooner. Only casual music listeners like you who dont care if they listen to Queen Foreigner or Journey on their way to work on their FM channel dont give a shit and like this trainwreck.


You don't get it clearly since he doesn't take himself seriously and the evidence that there's plenty die hard fans is there after every show, plenty comments from fans who saw Queen back in the 70's/80's and are loving the shows. Really couldn't care less about a few so called fans opinions, like I said don't like it don't watch, it won't change the fact they're gonna still be touring and the fans who do will still be seeing them.



snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1219 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Sep 19, 23:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sucks to be a die hard!!! Nobody cares about your views here! Music is for enjoyment and everyone enjoys something different. Many of us love both Queen and QAL. If you don't, so what? Just quit telling us about it, as we already know that. Get out of the QAL threads and go find a new forum to ruin.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1219 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 03:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nothing wrong with voicing your opinion, but how many ways can you say the same thing? More often than not around here it includes filthy names and calling the Adam fan posters equally filthy names. That also gets frustrating for us. There is most of the forum for you to post about Queen only issues. Why go to the QAL threads and purposefully ruin them with all the ugly remarks? I cannot understand why people do that. There can be no meaningful discussion here about QAL and Adam because it becomes a nasty, bickering hellhole, when it doesn't need to be. Discussion between actual fans of QAL is impossible here and that really is the point of a forum. It boggles my mind what you don't understand about that. I don't go on anything just Queen related including any kind of social media. It isn't my fault what people post there, but on here this is QAL, so it is appropriate to talk about the members if the die hards wouldn't make that impossible.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2752 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 04:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There are 4 QAL loonies in here. Why don't you go to a QAL FBgroup or open a whatsapp group instead of annoying and insulting long term Queen fans. We know that you "dont go on anything Queen related" on here as you dont care for the band and hate their original singer. No Queenfan would go to a AL board and say how he/she loves the original band and hates Lamebird and tell AL fans that their opinion doesnt count. You do exactly that on here when it comes to Queen. So take your fellow loonies with you and drool over the goat somewhere else

Jazz+ user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jazz+
Deity: 2579 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 19, 13:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lambert fans are dense like he is and they dont give two fux, sad little darlings.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1219 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Sep 19, 00:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There is a way to have a polite conversation and that is not what you get here. There are people like runner, to name just one, who make it impossible. I don't think fans of QAL and Adam are invading Queen boards. I stay out of there, but this thread of that board is for QAL and people who enjoy it should be able to discuss here. You guys who say all the ugly things are invading this thread. It is not like you don't have a slew of other places to post on the forum, but you have to come here and be unpleasant. That is no different than Fans on Queen's social media. And I think you forget that a lot of people consider QAL to be part of Queen now (people who are not die hard fans and just think because Brian and Roger are in QAL then it must be associated with Queen! What an idea, huh?) after all the tours of the last 7 years and don't realize they are not allowed there in your view. Roger and Brian release and make comments about QAL, so I guess it can be allowed on Queen's social media. They pretty much determine what is Queen related and QAL shows up there, so if you have a problem, I suggest you contact them. There is no problem with others not feeling QAL. I get it, but the nastiness is what I object to. You folks want to pretend there is no QAL and it didn't happen, but like anything else, Queens history has evolved and is different now. You can't pretend it is not so. As long as Roger and Brian are still Queen founding members, anything they do that includes Queen's music is still an offshoot of Queen, call it what you will. It is like someone divorcing or dying and the other person moves on, that is still the history of the individual even if it has changed over time.

ggo1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 281 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Sep 19, 03:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@runner70 you don't speak for all die hard fans. You dont speak for me. Maybe you are the greatest ever Queen fan, maybe, unlikely, but even if you are you cant speak for everyone. When I was watching Queen play live in the 70s and playing nothing but Queen records for weeks on end, (not healthy incidentally, other music can be good too) maybe you were doing more, maybe like me you travelled across Europe to see them play live because you couldn't get to local shows, maybe you are a bigger fan, but I have no idea how you measure it. but you don't speak for everyone. Truth is some fans who go waaay back think QAL is a travesty, Some don't. There is no right or wrong. It's just disagreeing. Which isn't to say some of the Adam Lambert love on here wouldn't be better served in an Adam Lambert forum, but your self righteousness must be tiring for you. It's got to the point where if I agree with you on any point in other non AL related forums on here I assume I must be wrong.

Presumably you are older than me because I was too young to see them in 73 to 76 I envy you if you went to the shows I couldn't. Punk passed me by, I was a Queen fan, absolutely the uncoolest thing a kid from Liverpool could be in late 70s. Yet here I am, 45 years later still a fan with a basement packed with memorabilia, which triggers great memories. But somehow not good enough a fan for you because I don't get irate at 2 members of a band I love playing their songs live on stage with a younger flamboyant gay man because the guy they'd like to be playing with is no longer alive.

Anyhow point is, stop being stuck so far up your own arse. You embarrass yourself. Do you behave like this in the real world? How about other non Queen related parts of the internet? I've said this before, but the argument that someone is a bigger fan because you like less of the music the band members have produced than other people do is asinine.

It's ok if you only like the band pre 1980, plenty of people agree, it's ok if you don't like anything post 1991 plenty agree with that too, but nobody is right. This is art. You cant be best at liking art, its all a fucking opinion.

I'm sorry I bit at the trolling, broke my own rule but I've typed a lot onto a fucking phone here so I'm pressing send.





rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2069 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Sep 19, 09:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Day dop wrote:

snifflese wrote:

There is a way to have a polite conversation and that is not what you get here. There are people like runner, to name just one, who make it impossible. I don't think fans of QAL and Adam are invading Queen boards. I stay out of there, but this thread of that board is for QAL and people who enjoy it should be able to discuss here. You guys who say all the ugly things are invading this thread. It is not like you don't have a slew of other places to post on the forum, but you have to come here and be unpleasant. That is no different than Fans on Queen's social media. And I think you forget that a lot of people consider QAL to be part of Queen now (people who are not die hard fans and just think because Brian and Roger are in QAL then it must be associated with Queen! What an idea, huh?) after all the tours of the last 7 years and don't realize they are not allowed there in your view. Roger and Brian release and make comments about QAL, so I guess it can be allowed on Queen's social media. They pretty much determine what is Queen related and QAL shows up there, so if you have a problem, I suggest you contact them. There is no problem with others not feeling QAL. I get it, but the nastiness is what I object to. You folks want to pretend there is no QAL and it didn't happen, but like anything else, Queens history has evolved and is different now. You can't pretend it is not so. As long as Roger and Brian are still Queen founding members, anything they do that includes Queen's music is still an offshoot of Queen, call it what you will. It is like someone divorcing or dying and the other person moves on, that is still the history of the individual even if it has changed over time.


I think you need to accept that Queen fans can and will post wherever they like on a Queen forum.

I think perhaps - for your own sake - you might be better off on a Lambert only forum as well.


Nice try but why should she or any of us go to a Lambert forum when we're fans of Queen and Queen with Adam. This is the QAL part of the forum and whether some Queen fans like it or not Adam is for the time being part of QAL and if we want to discuss the collaboration here that's perfectly fine, anyone not liking it is free to go to the Queen only part and if not they're probably best ignored for the most part. The only objective of the few like runner et al is to drive QAL fans away, sorry ain't happening.



rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2069 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Sep 19, 09:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@ ggo1

Totally agree, it's a pity we can't have reasonable discussions about the band without it turning into a war.

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2784 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Sep 19, 15:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote


Silencing Queen fans that don't rate or can't stand Lambert is never going to happen.

Agreed. But silencing Queen fans who enjoy what they are now doing ain't happening either

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2752 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Sep 19, 16:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ggo1 wrote:
This is art.



Anyone saying QAL is art is laughable. So spare uns from your crap dickhead


ggo1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 281 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Sep 19, 19:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And so you show your level of ignorance. Music is an art form, just cause you don't like it doesn't mean it's something else. Clever insult too... very original. Very witty, How did you think of it?

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2752 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Sep 19, 20:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ggo1 wrote:

And so you show your level of ignorance. Music is an art form, just cause you don't like it doesn't mean it's something else. Clever insult too... very original. Very witty, How did you think of it?


QAL is no art form it is a shitfest of the highest order

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2752 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Sep 19, 22:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



ggo1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 281 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Sep 19, 00:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You're really not very bright are you? Must be hard for you having to read and understand cogent arguments. My sympathies for your struggles.

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2784 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Sep 19, 13:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Day dop wrote:

Vocal harmony wrote:


Silencing Queen fans that don't rate or can't stand Lambert is never going to happen.

Agreed. But silencing Queen fans who enjoy what they are now doing ain't happening either


At no point did I argue nor suggest that I want Lambert fans silenced.


Absolutely, I wasn't suggesting you had. I was only making the point that there are Queen fans that fall into both camps, which is what I said and why I agreed with you and didn't direct my comment at you personally.

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2784 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Sep 19, 13:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The thing that some people don't get is that it's entertainment. People will either like it or not. Neither is right or wrong, it's only personal opinion.

I know long standing Queen fans who rebelled agains Q+PR, looking back two or three wish they'd gone to a gig. I also know fans who have been to Q+AL gigs who haven't thought much of it and some who have.

Freddie was such a huge presence I have often thought what if Mr Bad Guy had been huge and he'd left the band and been replaced I wonder what the reaction would have been back then.