Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Brian's lost it again ...

forum rss feed
Author

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 4176 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Sep 19, 19:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Queen fans wanted Queen music and Brian, Roger and John to all die the day Freddie died. They can’t stand that the show has gone on! Unbelievable!

From page 13 of this thread. Unbelievable how heartless and thoughtless SweetCaroline can be. Proof right here.

Jazz+ user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jazz+
Deity: 2576 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 19, 13:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline November 24th 1991 is the day Freddie died and the day Queen officially stopped been Queen.
Sure the name Queen today is just a brand name to sell tickets, plus the spectacle and magic of Freddie Mercury is long gone.
It is a bit like going to a dinosaur museum and not getting the full experience of when Dinosaurs were around well the same with the legend Freddie Mercury none of those kids who go to Queen plus Adam shows will ever know what it was like with Freddie gracing the stage and having the crowds in a frenzy, something Adam still cannot do. Mercury was the master of the stage and two members of Queen still pretend they are Queen and they have got it, but that is untrue they are stripped bare and they look lost on stage now.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1219 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 19, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well Brian and Roger are still performing and that makes it all right. The show is still spectacular whether or not Freddie is part of it. It is still Queen music and half the band is still performing. It must be so hurtful for them to see crap remarks like that as if Freddie were 100% of the band. They still get the crowd in a frenzy just so know. The shows I have been to have rocked and people are dancing and singing and having a wonderful time.

Jazz+

Posted: 19 Sep 19, 15:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Snifflese They know Freddie was 100% of the action at a Queen gig and that is why they still show his face on the big screen.
Freddie was and still is the spirit of Queen he was the heart of Queen and he was the one you always thought about when someone mentions the band Queen.
Sorry but Adam is only a guest so he will never be taken seriously as a front man for Queen and going by his terrible dress sense he needs to get himself a stylist.

Posted: 19 Sep 19, 20:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I doubt very much that Brian ever feels it was all Freddie. You must be smoking something to think such a thought. There was no Queen without all four and I think Brian figured
pretty prominently. He also wrote many of the popular songs and his guitar playing makes it Queen music. I love how you always downplay everyone else. Well, the band is as big as ever, playing around the world to ever more fans clamoring to hear them and to rave reviews, which is not what they got years ago. Somebody must be enjoying them. I don't care if you don't, as there are millions that do. And it wouldn't be a show without Adam. Adam is getting more and more acclaim singing with them as he does a fabulous job. His singing is impeccable.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5751 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 19, 21:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

...and to rave reviews, which is not what they got years ago.

Yeah everyone hated Queen until Lambert came along ...

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4324 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 19, 00:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yup, the shows are spectacular and well balanced. Just enough Freddie to satisfy everyone! But I hope they keep “Machines” in the set list. I like the part where his image is up there bigger than life and you hear him singing the chorus!

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4324 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 19, 00:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“Machines” and “GaGa” in Tacoma:

http://youtu.be/VWllOh9hKcs

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 20 Sep 19, 01:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I doubt very much that Brian ever feels it was all Freddie. You must be smoking something to think such a thought. There was no Queen without all four and I think Brian figured
pretty prominently. He also wrote many of the popular songs and his guitar playing makes it Queen music. I love how you always downplay everyone else. Well, the band is as big as ever, playing around the world to ever more fans clamoring to hear them and to rave reviews, which is not what they got years ago. Somebody must be enjoying them. I don't care if you don't, as there are millions that do. And it wouldn't be a show without Adam. Adam is getting more and more acclaim singing with them as he does a fabulous job. His singing is impeccable.

Might tell your buddy SweetCaroline that, who thinks and says Freddie overshadowed Brian.
I guess you didn't check with her before you made this post.

Posted: 20 Sep 19, 03:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I never said that, Holly. You do not need to put untrue remarks in my mouth, OK? You people always spin the remarks in a way that usually wasn't meant by the poster.

MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1122 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 19, 07:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“There was no Queen without all four”

You said it, not me.

Hotdog
Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5751 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 19, 08:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I never said that, Holly. You do not need to put untrue remarks in my mouth, OK? You people always spin the remarks in a way that usually wasn't meant by the poster.

You did say it. I quoted you directly.

"Well, the band is as big as ever, playing around the world to ever more fans clamoring to hear them and to rave reviews, which is not what they got years ago. "

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."

Posted: 20 Sep 19, 13:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They did not get rave reviews from all the articles I have read. They were rather underrated, esp. in regards to the US. People bought all their music, but the reviews were not on board. That is what I have seen written many, many times. I am not a Queen expert like you people, so I don't know. My point was that QAL is not circling the toilet on their way into oblivion. They are extremely well respected and still a best selling band and their reviews are as good or better than ever. I have read Brian mention it before. Don't know what to tell you!

Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 20 Sep 19, 14:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“They did not get rave reviews from all the articles I have read. They were rather underrated, esp. in regards to the US. People bought all their music, but the reviews were not on board. That is what I have seen written many, many times. I am not a Queen expert like you people, so I don't know. My point was that QAL is not circling the toilet on their way into oblivion. They are extremely well respected and still a best selling band and their reviews are as good or better than ever. I have read Brian mention it before. Don't know what to tell you! ”

Queen were hated by the majority of the press. Even in the USA. One idiot gave a review of their soundcheck as if it was a concert. If you didn’t know that Queen had an issue with the press, you’re not a fan.

Queen had huge concerts. Records Adam will never break.

You act as if Queen didn’t get much attention back then... I’m sorry, but they were hitmakers throughout their lifetime... even during the Hot Space era.

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 20 Sep 19, 14:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“and their reviews are as good or better than ever.”

That’s because back in the days of Queen, you had a limited amount of publications. No blogs. Nothing via internet... your reviews you read wouldn’t even exist. Rolling Stone magazine was trash. It doesn’t matter what a journalist says.

It’s about the music.

Hotdog
Jazz+

Posted: 20 Sep 19, 15:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Quite intriguing that Brian and Roger still have not recorded with there "Gift from god" singer Adam to make an album yet, because they are terrified it goes tits up which it will.
It will embarrass them greatly when sales tumble like hail stone from the skies! ( That was quite poetic don't you think lol)
No Queen come across as scared deer in the headlights as far as albums go with Adam and i am so glad that they have the sense at least to stop the album from happening.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 20 Oct 19, 20:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Queen fans wanted Queen music and Brian, Roger and John to all die the day Freddie died. They can’t stand that the show has gone on! Unbelievable!

Page 13.
Unbelievable!

stevelondon20 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1619 posts

Posted: 20 Oct 19, 21:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

Page 13.
Unbelievable!

No need for that at all!