Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Brian's lost it again ...

forum rss feed
Author

Makka user not visiting Queenzone.com
Makka
Bohemian: 539 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Jul 19, 02:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Real Wizard wrote:

People are just so short sighted.

Plenty of incarnations of Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Rainbow, Yes, Genesis, AC/DC, Fleetwood Mac, etc. have toured without some of the founding or classic members.

May and Taylor are the founding members. It's their band. Even if it was just Deacon and Taylor and they wanted to call it Queen, they are entitled. And they did it in 1993. Their band. Their choice.

Vote with your wallet all you like, but you don't get to declare what is a band and what isn't. If you think you do, then start your own band. Your opinion about someone else's band isn't going to change a goddamned thing.

Perfectly put!

stevelondon20 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1401 posts

Posted: 17 Jul 19, 06:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Agreed!!

on my way up user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2441 posts

Posted: 17 Jul 19, 07:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian May is clearly an emotional man.
And he's entitled to his emotions!

If he feels that way, it is good to express those feelings. And even if one doesn't agree - which is anyone's right! - then still respect can be shown for his honesty.

I prefer what you see is what you get and with Brian you get what you see. There are some things he is really sensitive about and he has every right to feel that way.

Afterall, he's just like all of us a human being with good and bad in him. And nothing coming from him is half as bad as the dirt I get to read on this forum on a daily basis....

on my way up
Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2448 posts

Posted: 17 Jul 19, 08:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You cannot expect a band to be called the same name when two important figures are gone, otherwise the general public are getting very short changed.
Freddie always said it was not Queen without either one of them.
Call it what you like but it is certainly not Queen anymore and that journalist was spot on for calling it a karaoke tribute because it is.
Brian got mad because he knows deep down that is the truth and his little sneaky scheme has been finally exposed.
No Freddie No John = NO QUEEN.= CAR CRASH .

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2710 posts

Posted: 17 Jul 19, 12:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Denise. wrote:

You cannot expect a band to be called the same name when two important figures are gone, otherwise the general public are getting very short changed.
Call it what you like but it is certainly not Queen anymore and that journalist was spot on for calling it a karaoke tribute because it is.
Brian got mad because he knows deep down that is the truth and his little sneaky scheme has been finally exposed.

Actually as The Real Wizard post shows, it's common place for band lineups to change. Queen are not an exception to that rule.

What was your view on the Taylor/Deacon version of Queen? It sounded less like Queen than this version does.

You keep bringing up the Freddie quote about it being the four of them. . . He also said, at the time of Mr Bad Guy, that "the other three" possessed the ability to replace him if he left. Is that selective memory on your part or did you genuinely forget that. . .

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2710 posts

Posted: 17 Jul 19, 12:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal harmony wrote:

Denise. wrote:

Actually as The Real Wizard post shows, it's common place for band lineups to change. Queen are not an exception to that rule.

What was your view on the Taylor/Deacon version of Queen? It sounded less like Queen than this version does.

You keep bringing up the Freddie quote about it being the four of them. . . He also said, at the time of Mr Bad Guy, that "the other three" possessed the ability to replace him if he left. Is that selective memory on your part or did you genuinely forget that. . .

No Denise, No happystar No Gerry= a shit free forum

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1955 posts

Posted: 17 Jul 19, 12:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Denise. wrote:

No one's being short changed, everyone knows in advance that Freddie and John won't be there and they know exactly what they're getting so if they think it's worth it to them then it's not being short changed. Tribute bands have no original members so they clearly aren't a tribute band regardless of what you want to think.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 20880 posts

Posted: 17 Jul 19, 16:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Denise. wrote:

Well, you are wrong - as evidenced by the fact that every one of those bands I mentioned, including Queen, have toured for years or even decades without founding members, and are doing just fine playing theatres, arenas, and stadiums. And nobody is getting short changed because literally everyone knows who is in the band and who isn't before they buy tickets. Not a single person is buying tickets to see Queen thinking Brian May somehow managed to pull off a resurrection.

A few years back AC/DC toured with one founding member - Angus Young. Axl Rose on vocals, Chris Slade on drums. And a million people thought it was fantastic. A few purists probably complained that it wasn't the Back In Black lineup, but they were in the minority. The same way you are in the minority. Most people are grown up enough to realize that nothing lasts forever, and that music can be bigger than people.

If YOU don't like it, that's fine. But trying to convince everyone who is fine with lineup changes that they're wrong is a completely pointless pursuit. And by projecting your inability to understand this onto Brian and trying to convince people that Brian conning the public out of your way of thinking is the Dunning Kruger effect in full force. You agreeing with the journalist doesn't mean he's right - it's confirmation bias.

All you're doing by repeating the same point ad nausea is making people think you're a complete idiot with the critical thinking skills of a teenager and the demeanour of a petulant child. If you don't like something, then be like 99% of adults in this world and deal with it and move on. Or be a little humble and realize that this forum and the wider world is full of people who are more rational and accepting and less emotionally sensitive than you are when it comes to understanding the complexities of music and the players involved.

grow. the. fuck. up.

Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.

http://www.queenlive.ca
stevelondon20 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1401 posts

Posted: 17 Jul 19, 18:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well said mate ^^^

Miracle.

Posted: 17 Jul 19, 18:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Real Wizard You grow the fuck up and accept the other side of the coin. Even Freddie said it is not Queen without either one of them and your not arguing with Freddie i hope because if you are you have a fucking problem apart from been a complete knob head canadian.

flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1524 posts

Posted: 17 Jul 19, 19:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree Brian does need to chill and ease up on that ego because since Freddie passed away his ego has gone through the roof, his latest hissy fit at the airport over his hair colour on his passport and going on twitter to accuse the airport worker of being ageist is beyond belief.

At least he's not telling the press again how dangerous they are as a band and have quite a few surprises on stage! ( like the same bloody set list ) or standing on stage dressed up as a robot made from cornflake boxes? is it Brian? or is he trying to steal the glitz and glam from the gift of god the one in a billion voice himself big Al.

Joking aside when i see Q+Al on stage they don't seem like a real tight rock band in the slightest they look a mix of the We Will Rock You musical cast and the Extravaganza band, it's all about the money and fame, Sharon Osbourne was a 100% correct what she said about BM and RT. Don't you just love her honesty Brian (Buzz Lightyear ) will be raging.

oo la la
rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1955 posts

Posted: 17 Jul 19, 19:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

flash00. wrote:

I agree Brian does need to chill and ease up on that ego because since Freddie passed away his ego has gone through the roof, his latest hissy fit at the airport over his hair colour on his passport and going on twitter to accuse the airport worker of being ageist is beyond belief.

At least he's not telling the press again how dangerous they are as a band and have quite a few surprises on stage! ( like the same bloody set list ) or standing on stage dressed up as a robot made from cornflake boxes? is it Brian? or is he trying to steal the glitz and glam from the gift of god the one in a billion voice himself big Al.

Joking aside when i see Q+Al on stage they don't seem like a real tight rock band in the slightest they look a mix of the We Will Rock You musical cast and the Extravaganza band, it's all about the money and fame, Sharon Osbourne was a 100% correct what she said about BM and RT. Don't you just love her honesty Brian (Buzz Lightyear ) will be raging.

Brian was having a joke about his hair color, they don't need any more money or fame and Sharon talks utter rubbish most of the time.

user1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 127 posts

Posted: 17 Jul 19, 20:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Denise. wrote:

Brian May lost the plot the day he picked Adam Lambert to piss over the Queen back catalogue.
Any worthy Queen fan would be disgusted at what mess Brian has turned Queen into - a laughing stock with a silly clown as lead singer.
Glad i have never gave my money to those three clowns.
Freddie would have had more sense than May & Taylor to abuse the band with a nobody talent show jerk,

You nailed it.

matt z wrote:
It's tricky but pretty safe to say that QUEEN is not a tribute band. It's an incarnation of the players performing with a new singer

Queen is not, as the band doesn't exist anymore. Brian's tribute band is called Queen+

John Deacon: "I've heard what they did and it's rubbish." "Freddie can never be replaced."

Brian May & Roger Taylor - ruining Queen's legacy since 1998.
Holly2003 user is on Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5637 posts

Posted: 17 Jul 19, 20:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian was having a joke about his hair color, they don't need any more money or fame and Sharon talks utter rubbish most of the time...

...Now, I want the kids in bed by nine, the dog fed, the yard watered, and the gate locked. And get a note to the milkman… no more cheese!

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 20880 posts

Posted: 17 Jul 19, 20:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Denise. wrote:

Real Wizard You grow the fuck up and accept the other side of the coin. Even Freddie said it is not Queen without either one of them and your not arguing with Freddie i hope because if you are you have a fucking problem apart from been a complete knob head canadian.

I recognize and accept your side of the coin while disagreeing with it. It's called civilized dialogue.

What I and the rest of the civilly minded folk here take exception to is not your point of view, but rather your choice to act like a child who just can't deal with the fact that other people see things differently than you do. Dogmatically quoting Freddie Mercury in lieu of individual thought and calling people names because they posed a point of view you haven't thought of is not how to interact with adults.

You don't have the tools. It's like trying to teach calculus to an 8 year old. You're out of your league. Go back to the sandbox.

Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.

http://www.queenlive.ca
The Circle of Eidolon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 107 posts

Posted: 17 Jul 19, 23:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Real Wizard, The Circle of Eidolon have read many of your posts, they are educational, informative and entertaining. They are the result of an educated mind, the mind of someone who knows the subject that their posts talk about.

Your post Real Wizard stands miles apart from the person you are replying to.

You have taken an adult approach and provided Denise a great lesson to learn from. We The Circle of Eidolon do however feel that the lesson, like so many other lessons, will be lost on this character. Denise does not possess the ability to learn or understand anything rational.

Your post Real Wizard is a fine and informative piece of writing. The only mistake you might have made is with the analogy of calculus. . . We The Circle of Eidolon feel sure that the one who calls themself Denise will have no idea what calculus is.

Yet again,. Denise has been handed the framework of a fine lesson. And yet again we The Circle of Eidolon are sure that the framework will not be built upon and nothing will have been learned by Denise.

Real Wizard, you have replied well but we feel you may have done so to no avail

The Circle of Eidolon has spoken.

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 165 posts

Posted: 18 Jul 19, 05:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Circle of Eidolon, I can’t imagine the possibility that anyone is greater than you on a message board. Truly enjoy your responses. I am learning. Sorry to feed the ego, as yours seems perfectly balanced. I just felt I needed to show some appreciation. Thanks!

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 165 posts

Posted: 18 Jul 19, 05:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And of course, well said, Real Wizard. Again, truly a respectable response, and one I can learn from. Thanks!

Miracle.

Posted: 18 Jul 19, 06:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey its ok you guys on here obviously backing yourself up because you know i talk truth and more sense than the The Real Wizard, Vocal Harmony and The self righteous Circle of Eidolon, this counts to nothing but bullying a member on this web site.
You lot are sad people and a bunch of cowards.
I can walk with my head in the air because i am a better person than you lot.
If you cannot get your own way you attack my comments, that says you are a very unbalanced person because you want to show off to all your spineless mates on here and win.
Real Wizard you have an ego larger than Central Park, and i guess you are a loud mouthed buffoon in real life but that is the way you have been brought up so i pity you on that level.
You gave us crappy "New York Dolls" and we gave you "Queen". Think about that one Mr Wizard, you may not be a s clever as you think you are?

Miracle.

Posted: 18 Jul 19, 06:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey its ok you guys on here obviously backing yourself up because you know i talk truth and more sense than the The Real Wizard, Vocal Harmony and The self righteous Circle of Eidolon, this counts to nothing but bullying a member on this web site.
You lot are sad people and a bunch of cowards.
I can walk with my head in the air because i am a better person than you lot.
If you cannot get your own way you attack my comments, that says you are a very unbalanced person because you want to show off to all your spineless mates on here and win.
Real Wizard you have an ego larger than Central Park, and i guess you are a loud mouthed buffoon in real life but that is the way you have been brought up so i pity you on that level.
You gave us crappy "New York Dolls" and we gave you "Queen". Think about that one Mr Wizard, you may not be a s clever as you think you are?