Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Queen + Adam Lambert review Los Angeles July 20th 2019

forum rss feed
Author

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2710 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Aug 19, 11:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

gandorb wrote:

I agree almost entirely with the review. They are putting a great show, better than the one I saw by them in 80 despite my preference for Freddie over anyone. I saw them last night in Nashville and one of the best shows I have seen, and I was around in the 60s and 70s and saw the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin, etc. The artful presentation, the unbelievable special effects, the astonishing guitar playing by Brian, the almost perfect pacing, and a wonderful setlist that doesn't pander to the American crowd (some deep cuts and several international hits that weren't hits in the US). No one can replace Adam and there will always be a backlash against anyone who tries, but Adam definitely has some highlights in his performance as well. Bravo!

Noone can replace ADAM???Your post was already ridiculous after the "better than with Freddie " Part.....

The line "better than with Freddie" does not appear anywhere in gandorb's post.

He is talking about the show not individual vocal performances and he also says his preference is Freddie.

Maybe you should read what's written, try to understand what's written and answer what's written. I can't work out if you choose not to understand, you don't understand or you're just an idiot.

gandorb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 34 posts

Posted: 17 Aug 19, 12:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I definitely meant to say no one can replace Freddie! Obviously, people could try to replace Adam but I am sure that person would get just as slammed if not more.

gandorb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 34 posts

Posted: 17 Aug 19, 12:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And yes Holly, I did see the Beatles. My family was vacationing in Rome in 1965, and took me (I was7) to see them in some theatre there. One of my biggest memories of the show was just how piercing the screaming was. At one point, I screamed too and then was freaked out because I couldn't hear my scream.

Holly2003 user is on Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5637 posts

Posted: 17 Aug 19, 13:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

gandorb wrote:

And yes Holly, I did see the Beatles. My family was vacationing in Rome in 1965, and took me (I was7) to see them in some theatre there. One of my biggest memories of the show was just how piercing the screaming was. At one point, I screamed too and then was freaked out because I couldn't hear my scream.

That. Is. Awesome!

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."