Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > St. Paul, MN — August 10, 2019

forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4183 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Aug 19, 18:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So many talented artists making these gorgeous fan posters.

http://www.adamlambertlive.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/QAL-190810-StPaul-Albert.jpg

SweetCaroline

SweetCaroline

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 00:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Tonight’s show is #19 out of 26.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 02:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No Machines!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 02:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

No Machines!

Aww.

PrimeJiveUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 519 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 04:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Looks like it's gone for good less than a week before my concert.

I guess they only want to play the same "greatest hits" that have been driven into the ground.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 05:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don’t understand why they would make such a sudden decision after keeping the same set list so long. Wonder if there is a technical difficulty. The show was flowing nicely.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 07:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I don’t understand why they would make such a sudden decision after keeping the same set list so long. Wonder if there is a technical difficulty. The show was flowing nicely.

You might have some idea now when some of us Queen fans were notpleased when some other songs were dropped. You said yourself many times you don't care what they play, because you love it all.
Yes, song choices do matter at least for some of us. What I don't get why you are unhappy Machines is dropped. I doubt you ever heard the song before AL sang it.
I don't think there is a technical difficulty. Maybe AL will say it was dropped because they felt like it.
For people like Queenusa, I hope it's not dropped for good. Even for me, I hope it's not dropped for good, mainly because that means less of Freddie in these shows.
I dare say that you will still enjoy the concert that you will attend.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1955 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 07:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

It seemed to disappear the show after the review which said TSMGO would be better in the encore as well (and they tried that) and most people sat down and didn't know Machines. Not sure that's true but maybe when they're up there they can see it's not going down too well, even a lot of Queen fans seem not to like the original song so maybe it was just killing the energy? I haven't been watching streams so I wouldn't really know, just making a guess.

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 07:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe anyone liking Machines could go and mention on Brian and Roger's instagram's might give them food for thought.

Holly2003 user is on Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5637 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 10:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

You should know by now that they advertise a new and revised setlist to sell tickets, then quickly drop anything new so they can continue playing the safe greatest hits formula.

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 444 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 11:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

It seemed to disappear the show after the review which said TSMGO would be better in the encore as well (and they tried that) and most people sat down and didn't know Machines. Not sure that's true but maybe when they're up there they can see it's not going down too well, even a lot of Queen fans seem not to like the original song so maybe it was just killing the energy? I haven't been watching streams so I wouldn't really know, just making a guess.

It’s easy: at least 90% of the people at these gigs don‘t know the song. It hasn’t even been a single like It’s Late or Spread your Wings. You must know Queen‘s back catalogue to even know it.
It’s also not an upbeat, dancy type song. So the vast majority of people just doesn’t care enough. And I‘m with them. They should have played The Invisible Man instead.

PrimeJiveUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 519 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 13:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually...the song I always held out hope for and that most people know was Flash's Theme.

I think it would go down a storm. It would be a great song to begin an encore with.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 13:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Maybe anyone liking Machines could go and mention on Brian and Roger's instagram's might give them food for thought.

I know a few people have already tweeted Brian about it. Not sure if it will work, IL and SYW wasn't returned to set list, and I doubt Machines will be.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 16:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was sure Machines would last because of the cool image of Freddie being projected. I wonder if Brian thought that takes away from Freddie’s “appearance” in LOML. I just thought it was cool to have something different and powerful in that slot. It fit in nicely after Bicycle Race and AOBTD before they go into I Want It All.

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 18:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion wrote:

It’s easy: at least 90% of the people at these gigs don‘t know the song. It hasn’t even been a single like It’s Late or Spread your Wings. You must know Queen‘s back catalogue to even know it.
It’s also not an upbeat, dancy type song. So the vast majority of people just doesn’t care enough. And I‘m with them. They should have played The Invisible Man instead.

Yeah I did think it was a really odd choice tbh, if they were gonna throw a deeper cut in there's one's that would likely have worked better I imagine.

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 18:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

I know a few people have already tweeted Brian about it. Not sure if it will work, IL and SYW wasn't returned to set list, and I doubt Machines will be.

Yeah you're probably right, I suspect it's gone for good.

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 18:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

Actually...the song I always held out hope for and that most people know was Flash's Theme.

I think it would go down a storm. It would be a great song to begin an encore with.

Yeah they used it as the opener on the 2016 tour I think.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 18:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I was sure Machines would last because of the cool image of Freddie being projected. I wonder if Brian thought that takes away from Freddie’s “appearance” in LOML. I just thought it was cool to have something different and powerful in that slot. It fit in nicely after Bicycle Race and AOBTD before they go into I Want It All.

You are contradicting yourself. On QOL you said if Machines was dropped because of an infringement about Freddie’s image, but here you say that if if the image takes away from LOML. I don't think that's the cases at all. I think the newer Queen fans aren't so aware of it.
I wish Brian and Roger were more open about the songs they decide to play, and why some are dropped.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2092 posts

Posted: 11 Aug 19, 19:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lame Greatest Hits bullshit LasVegas show with an annoying goat on vocals-business as usual