Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Atlanta, GA — August 22, 2019

forum rss feed
Author

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1114 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 19, 15:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He is a ballad singer first and foremost and the high, slightly operatic songs are his forte. The really rock songs are a lot better than in the beginning, but that is the weakest part of his voice. Initially with that first concert in Kiev, I didn't cringe exactly, but it wasn't the best. Since then his lower range has improved, but something like SCC (glad they took it out of the set) was definitely not where he shines! I think he sings the entire catalog extremely well, but there are some genres where he is markedly better than others. I also love Doin" all Right! The harmonies the three of them have together is sonically beautiful. Their voices just mesh! You can have three outstanding singers, but together it just sometimes doesn't work. There is something about the harmonics of those three voices that fits like a glove. I never appreciated Roger's voice like I do now. There is no one that has that slightly raspy hoarse voice and add it to Adam's classically beautiful voice and it just grabs me. You can hear Adam's beautiful trained tenor in that song particularly. Also the UP duet is one of my favorites. DAR reminds me of Come to me, Bend to me. If you haven't heard that one, gandorb, look it up on Youtube. It is gorgeous. That is the music (next to Queen's) that I think Adam should have sung. Along with my Christmas list, I am adding "O Holy NIght " ) my fav Christmas carol to the list!!

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1955 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 19, 15:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I think no matter how much or little you like Adam's voice or how he is as a performer, you will have to give him partial credit for the huge success of the Rhapsody tour. It takes all three, Brian, Roger and Adam and the backup guys to make it work. There is no way you can do a show like that without a skilled singer, no way. The thing I find most remarkable is the fact that Adam's voice sounded every bit as strong, if not stronger, on the last date, as he did on the first appearance in Vancouver. I listened to many of the streams and watched several periscopes, including the last two nights and you could not detect any fatigue or difference in his singing. He holds back a bit at times with some of the biggest notes, but that must be done to conserve the voice. But no one who was a casual concert goer would ever know, as the singing is still spectacular. He was off the charts last night with the biggest riffs and high, held out notes. It truly is amazing, as most singers would have severe vocal strain at that point. Most modern singers couldn't get through a couple of shows with the range required in Queen's catalog. That is for me, the perhaps the most outstanding characteristic of his voice, the ability to do this night after night to the same high standard. I would have to say Brian and Roger didn't miss a step either! They are truly amazing, in particular, Brian who is playing his fingers off and rushing all over that stage. I don't know how he does it! It brought tears to my eyes to see Brian and Roger step forward together, arm in arm, at the end of the show for their bows. It gives me chills to think about these two older gents who still do what they love at their age and bring such joy to everybody!

One other thing I noticed is that Adam can finally sing TSMGO well! That was the one song that I didn't think he really had a handle on. It has been hit or miss over the years and just wasn't there where it should be. But the last few shows it has been spectacular. He is finally inhabiting that song and it is going up to the ranks of WWTLF as one of my favorite songs. It took quite a few years for Adam to do it properly, but that song was the one where I really noticed the most improvement. I will miss listening to the concerts. I do so wish they would release a DVD. I don't get their aversion to doing that as I think it would be a tremendous seller. A girl has to hope. It will be on my Christmas list this year! Are you listening, Santa??


I agree and especially about TSMGO, it was my least favourite until this tour, I noticed he's stopped trying to change it and just pretty much sings it as it was written especially the end which he's now doing straightforward instead of running up the octave. One thing I noticed although I've only listened to odd bits and no streams so I might be missing something but I get the impression on this tour when he's holding back it's more of a less is more mentality, I'm not sure it's to save his voice but just pulling back on the crazy riffs and extended runs he sometimes does and letting the audience sing more, maybe because he was aware there'd be more new fans through the movie and felt it would work better. Just my thoughts I could be wrong. He did say not long ago on a live instagram that just because you can doesn't mean you should.

I always notice Adam's voice seems to just get better rather than worse as a tour goes on, it's almost like the shows are a vocal warm up or workout rather deteriorating his voice like it does for some people. Seems strange but I'm glad it works that way.

As to Brian & Roger, no idea how they keep up, it's incredible really and even when they seem tired by the end of the show they're totally up for it by the next one, must be the adrenaline rush from performing I assume.



Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2448 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 19, 16:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Snifflese Brian & Roger could easily have took lead vocals and your wrong it does not take 3 of them to make the tour successful just two as May & Taylor are rock gods they provide the music and the songs Adam as you keep saying is just a guest.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1955 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 19, 16:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Miracle. wrote:

Snifflese Brian & Roger could easily have took lead vocals and your wrong it does not take 3 of them to make the tour successful just two as May & Taylor are rock gods they provide the music and the songs Adam as you keep saying is just a guest.


He may consider himself a guest but there's no way they could both keep up singing everything for 2 + hours on a full tour anymore so they do need him or another singer and while there's lots of fans who go to see Brian & Roger there are lots of them who comment about Adam after the shows. Brian & Roger could do more toned down shows if that's what they wanted but they're clearly loving doing things the way they are and the fans are having a blast.



snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1114 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 19, 17:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I do agree with you, Rockchic, that Adam has learned the lesson of less is sometimes more! It is one thing you notice when you compare videos from the beginning to now. I mentioned it in a post regarding a youtube Brancelli had posted a few days ago. A vocal coach was critiquing Adam's voice and they were all old Idol and early day's videos. It is very apparent he does not usually sing like that anymore, which is a good thing. Sometimes he was a bit over the top and things like "Satisfaction" and the AMA were shrieky which is a word I never associate with Adam anymore. Oversinging lessens the impact when he does hit a really high note or has a cool riff. You don't even notice it among all the many vocal flourishes. However, he still does tone things down whether it is to preserve his voice or save it for a special show. That is always the case up here in NE as the next show is usually Madison Square Garden (or it was right before it) and he always goes balls to the wall just like in LA at the forum. He sings his heart out in all his shows, but that special high note or the elongation of a riff or going down where he might go up are things he is more apt to do at certain shows. I noticed in the Boston show again that although he sounded spectacular there were a few special things missing. And later on ATOP the ladies were mentioning how Adam was holding back for MSG. That is just the way it is. Often the first night of 2 where he is singing has a few more embellishments. He can't go all out all the time, but there does seem to be a pattern about where he really lets it fly. At first that bothered me, but the differences are minimal and I am sure LA And NY just have this special magic that brings the beast out in all of them. Those are the shows where his parents attend and most of his friends, so there is going to be a little extra something. And, of course, on a back to back (which half of the shows were), they might be a little more tired. That said, The guys put on a fabulous show every night at a standard hardly any other band can meet. I am just happy to be able to attend any show!! Mine was out of this world with Brian leading the way!

Sorry, Miracle, but I just totally disagree with you. Brian and Roger were never the lead singers even back when they were young and had the stamina for it. Nowadays there is no way they could pull something like that off. They need a great singer to produce a great show. They have mentioned it before that to do a show they had to perform at a certain level and they never thought they would, as they didn't have a singer. Unless the show could be like before with a great singer and all the bells and whistles, they didn't want to do it. It is the idea of "if you can't do it right, don't do it all", which is something my Dad taught me also. Too bad more people don't subscribe to that, as there are way too many people satisfied nowadays with mediocrity. Once they found a great singer, they could move on to planning a fabulous show and it became fun again for them. As far as this guest business, Brian has started to introduce Adam as their new brother. I think he is family and part of the group nowadays!!

PrimeJiveUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 519 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 19, 17:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haha.

No way this tour would be as successful with just Brian and Roger and no AL.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2092 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 19, 18:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Miracle. wrote:

Snifflese Brian & Roger could easily have took lead vocals and your wrong it does not take 3 of them to make the tour successful just two as May & Taylor are rock gods they provide the music and the songs Adam as you keep saying is just a guest.


He is the guest at the party no one cares for. That's why his solo career is tanking as well.- SHit voice shit songs. Tasteless QUeen fans tolerate him destroying the Queen catalogue. If he was any good the huge promo would have made him a superstar. He is not. Far from it. He surely is making good money but that's all. Maylor will look back at this and say "What were we thinking" in a few years when Lameturd is long forgotten

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2092 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 19, 18:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I do agree with you, Rockchic, that Adam has learned the lesson of less is sometimes more! It is one thing you notice when you compare videos from the beginning to now. I mentioned it in a post regarding a youtube Brancelli had posted a few days ago. A vocal coach was critiquing Adam's voice and they were all old Idol and early day's videos. It is very apparent he does not usually sing like that anymore, which is a good thing. Sometimes he was a bit over the top and things like "Satisfaction" and the AMA were shrieky which is a word I never associate with Adam anymore. Oversinging lessens the impact when he does hit a really high note or has a cool riff. You don't even notice it among all the many vocal flourishes. However, he still does tone things down whether it is to preserve his voice or save it for a special show. That is always the case up here in NE as the next show is usually Madison Square Garden (or it was right before it) and he always goes balls to the wall just like in LA at the forum. He sings his heart out in all his shows, but that special high note or the elongation of a riff or going down where he might go up are things he is more apt to do at certain shows. I noticed in the Boston show again that although he sounded spectacular there were a few special things missing. And later on ATOP the ladies were mentioning how Adam was holding back for MSG. That is just the way it is. Often the first night of 2 where he is singing has a few more embellishments. He can't go all out all the time, but there does seem to be a pattern about where he really lets it fly. At first that bothered me, but the differences are minimal and I am sure LA And NY just have this special magic that brings the beast out in all of them. Those are the shows where his parents attend and most of his friends, so there is going to be a little extra something. And, of course, on a back to back (which half of the shows were), they might be a little more tired. That said, The guys put on a fabulous show every night at a standard hardly any other band can meet. I am just happy to be able to attend any show!! Mine was out of this world with Brian leading the way!

Sorry, Miracle, but I just totally disagree with you. Brian and Roger were never the lead singers even back when they were young and had the stamina for it. Nowadays there is no way they could pull something like that off. They need a great singer to produce a great show. They have mentioned it before that to do a show they had to perform at a certain level and they never thought they would, as they didn't have a singer. Unless the show could be like before with a great singer and all the bells and whistles, they didn't want to do it. It is the idea of "if you can't do it right, don't do it all", which is something my Dad taught me also. Too bad more people don't subscribe to that, as there are way too many people satisfied nowadays with mediocrity. Once they found a great singer, they could move on to planning a fabulous show and it became fun again for them. As far as this guest business, Brian has started to introduce Adam as their new brother. I think he is family and part of the group nowadays!!

Lametruds voice is as annoying as the forst time he destroyed q Queen song. He cannot deliver a hard rock song (and Queen have plenty of those): His voice in (semi-)Ballads is totally powerless (just listen to "Save me" it sounds like elevator music when he is siniging it - totally lifeless while Freddie was putting his heart and soul in it) and he still annoys the hell out of me while doing his vocal acrobatics espeically in WATC/WWRY and many others . Oversinging at its very worst


runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2092 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 19, 18:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

snifflese wrote:

I do agree with you, Rockchic, that Adam has learned the lesson of less is sometimes more! It is one thing you notice when you compare videos from the beginning to now. I mentioned it in a post regarding a youtube Brancelli had posted a few days ago. A vocal coach was critiquing Adam's voice and they were all old Idol and early day's videos. It is very apparent he does not usually sing like that anymore, which is a good thing. Sometimes he was a bit over the top and things like "Satisfaction" and the AMA were shrieky which is a word I never associate with Adam anymore. Oversinging lessens the impact when he does hit a really high note or has a cool riff. You don't even notice it among all the many vocal flourishes. However, he still does tone things down whether it is to preserve his voice or save it for a special show. That is always the case up here in NE as the next show is usually Madison Square Garden (or it was right before it) and he always goes balls to the wall just like in LA at the forum. He sings his heart out in all his shows, but that special high note or the elongation of a riff or going down where he might go up are things he is more apt to do at certain shows. I noticed in the Boston show again that although he sounded spectacular there were a few special things missing. And later on ATOP the ladies were mentioning how Adam was holding back for MSG. That is just the way it is. Often the first night of 2 where he is singing has a few more embellishments. He can't go all out all the time, but there does seem to be a pattern about where he really lets it fly. At first that bothered me, but the differences are minimal and I am sure LA And NY just have this special magic that brings the beast out in all of them. Those are the shows where his parents attend and most of his friends, so there is going to be a little extra something. And, of course, on a back to back (which half of the shows were), they might be a little more tired. That said, The guys put on a fabulous show every night at a standard hardly any other band can meet. I am just happy to be able to attend any show!! Mine was out of this world with Brian leading the way!

Sorry, Miracle, but I just totally disagree with you. Brian and Roger were never the lead singers even back when they were young and had the stamina for it. Nowadays there is no way they could pull something like that off. They need a great singer to produce a great show. They have mentioned it before that to do a show they had to perform at a certain level and they never thought they would, as they didn't have a singer. Unless the show could be like before with a great singer and all the bells and whistles, they didn't want to do it. It is the idea of "if you can't do it right, don't do it all", which is something my Dad taught me also. Too bad more people don't subscribe to that, as there are way too many people satisfied nowadays with mediocrity. Once they found a great singer, they could move on to planning a fabulous show and it became fun again for them. As far as this guest business, Brian has started to introduce Adam as their new brother. I think he is family and part of the group nowadays!!

Lameturds voice is as annoying as the forst time he destroyed q Queen song. He cannot deliver a hard rock song (and Queen have plenty of those): His voice in (semi-)Ballads is totally powerless (just listen to "Save me" it sounds like elevator music when he is siniging it - totally lifeless while Freddie was putting his heart and soul in it) and he still annoys the hell out of me while doing his vocal acrobatics espeically in WATC/WWRY and many others . Oversinging at its very worst




snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1114 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 19, 23:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yep, Runner. You are a great judge seeing how your butt was never in a seat. Listening to youtubes that aren't really clear is a great way to judge a singer. Your opinion is worth less than zero as far as I am concerned. As are all of your useless remarks.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1114 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 02:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr Gandorb:

This is a wonderful set of videos from the last night. TALC took them and they are the unofficial glambert ladies who were some of the first to become his fans back in the Idol days (TheAdamLambertConnection). Their videos are always stellar and this last show was off the charts. I plan to show this one to my son who is coming home from Japan this week!
I have the ChromeStick thing so that it looks fabulous on the TV and we can pretend we are at the concert together!! Something to look forward to!!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn-NHWcSWQPEKfzcvXZavKvxvz2HReTR-

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2448 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 10:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rockchic65 Head over to www.metalheadzone.com and read about Brian saying its all nearly over!

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2448 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 10:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Snifflese I disagree with you saying Brian & Roger were never lead vocalists well goes to show your not a big Queen fan.
Brian and Roger always had a couple of songs on Queen albums were they took lead vocals and Roger & Brian had successful solo tours where yes they took lead vocals on many many tour dates.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1114 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 13:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Look, I know that. What I meant was they were never the LEAD singer in a Queen show for the entire show. Of course, they each had their own songs within the Queen show, but I am talking about taking on all of Freddie's duties for a Queen show. I also know that they have toured, like with Kerry Ellis, but that isn't Queen music. To take on Freddie's duties and sing for the entire show, a show with the vocal demands of their music, they can't do that anymore. I am a big Queen fan, since the 70's actually, but I can enjoy what is offered now! I am all onboard with the new QAL format since I can finally hear Queen music live. That is a win win for me. I unfortunately never heard Queen live back in the day so I am really enjoying things now. I am sorry I didn't make myself clearer with what I wrote and thanks for being so polite with your post!! That was nice, Miracle! And I am a new fan of Roger's voice. He is so unique with that raspy tone. I loved listening to him this tour!!

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1955 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Aug 19, 15:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Miracle. wrote:

Rockchic65 Head over to www.metalheadzone.com and read about Brian saying its all nearly over!


I checked the articles but they're just taken from his instagram with him saying the tour is nearly over (meaning this tour) and the other one of him saying "I hope there will be a next time" in New Orleans. He's already confirmed in reply to someone that he's on with organizing the European leg of the tour so although it may be the last US tour (who knows) there's definitely the UK/Europe and the one's already booked for next year in Oz etc. I wouldn't be that surprised if they ended it next year tbh but I'm hoping not.



Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2448 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Aug 19, 19:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah i also read somewhere else where it said Queen are considering a farewell tour next summer.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2092 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Aug 19, 21:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Miracle. wrote:

Yeah i also read somewhere else where it said Queen are considering a farewell tour next summer.


How can they do a farewell tour when they ended in 1991? QAL was never a creative band but a cover act.
They can do a "Fuck Off Lamebert" Tour and I am all in. Lamebird may not sing a single note.

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2448 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Aug 19, 11:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam Touring as a solo artist does not get packed out gigs like Queen+ so Adam needs Queen rather than the other way around.
Brian and Roger could easily get sold out venues in a flash by themselves.