Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Superpower — Adam Lambert

forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4343 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Sep 19, 12:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I posted that clip from MSNBC to show that Adam is being interviewed tonight on Ari Melber’s show regarding Queen/Adam headlining the Global Citizen Festival in Central Park on Saturday!

MisterCosmicc user is on Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1140 posts

Posted: 27 Sep 19, 21:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Physical music sells better than on iTunes still. We’ll look at Billboard next week.

It’s nice to see Queen in the top 40 in many countries on iTunes, though. Freddie’s still selling!

Hotdog
anadamfan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 160 posts

Posted: 27 Sep 19, 22:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It depends on the country. In some countries physical copies are still important, in others they barely exist any longer. You can find some interesting studies online, that survey yearly, how music is bought in different markets. The differences are huge.

In Adam‘s case there is no physical copy of the EP available at the moment. It will be only downloads and streaming, that count.
But according to Adam‘s own words, he‘s not aiming for great chart positions in the first place. Which is good, because with his strategy he will most probably not make the top ranks this time.

Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 27 Sep 19, 23:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Limiting his own sales? What a label he has. No wonder it’s EP’s... they are just testing the waters with him.

Hotdog

Posted: 27 Sep 19, 23:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

Limiting his own sales? What a label he has. No wonder it’s EP’s... they are just testing the waters with him.

You sound like a know-it-all, but you know close to nothing about Adam. Maybe you should go and listen or read some interviews, or at least some of the articles. There are more than enough released everyday atm.
If you go on posting about him, you should at least know, what you’re talking about.

Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 27 Sep 19, 23:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know about the music business and how his last label released him.

Hotdog
rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2089 posts

Posted: 28 Sep 19, 00:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

anadamfan wrote:

It depends on the country. In some countries physical copies are still important, in others they barely exist any longer. You can find some interesting studies online, that survey yearly, how music is bought in different markets. The differences are huge.

In Adam‘s case there is no physical copy of the EP available at the moment. It will be only downloads and streaming, that count.
But according to Adam‘s own words, he‘s not aiming for great chart positions in the first place. Which is good, because with his strategy he will most probably not make the top ranks this time.

Empire have physical copies available and they're available through Adam's own site, he had signed one's available but they've sold out, not sure if there'll be more but not sure why you thought there were no physical copies available.

Posted: 28 Sep 19, 00:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

Nope the label is distribution only and it's down to Adam how he puts the album out and there are physical copies available on Empire and his own website. You keep harping on about the label but he's independent and lots of artists are doing the side A Side B release, it keeps interest going instead of just a single, album release then nothing. He's already released singles which are likely bonus tracks from side B and has said it's being released early next year, he's fitting things in with Queen stuff so it makes more sense to string things out that way since he can't do a solo tour until sometime next year aside from a few one off gigs at the end of the year.

Posted: 28 Sep 19, 00:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

I know about the music business and how his last label released him.

Still haven't provided any proof of that have you? You may be in the business and know about labels etc but I very much doubt you know about what went on with him personally and the fact you can't get the idea that Empire aren't just a label but a distribution company and that's all Adam is using them for makes you less and less credible. Empire started out as distribution only and while they are a label for some artists others like Adam use them for distribution only. He went completely independent to have full control over how he does things so sink or swim it's down to him now.

Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 28 Sep 19, 00:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don’t need to. Ask him during a Q&A.

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 28 Sep 19, 00:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He needs a distribution company to release music digitally?

Hotdog

Posted: 28 Sep 19, 01:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

What? He's releasing music digitally and physically and the distribution company do advertising as well but that's not the same as a label who fund the music/album and then have a say in what you do and the time frame for it. Adam can do what he likes now, he can put out whichever song he chooses as a single, put more than one out if he wants, choose the timing and how he promotes it etc, all they do is facilitate things.

Posted: 28 Sep 19, 01:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

I don’t need to. Ask him during a Q&A.

He's not likely to say anything about labels etc while he's putting out and promoting music, and he's not daft enough to call the label no matter what went on, he doesn't burn bridges.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2752 posts

Posted: 28 Sep 19, 06:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

MisterCosmicc wrote:

What? He's releasing music digitally and physically and the distribution company do advertising as well but that's not the same as a label who fund the music/album and then have a say in what you do and the time frame for it. Adam can do what he likes now, he can put out whichever song he chooses as a single, put more than one out if he wants, choose the timing and how he promotes it etc, all they do is facilitate things.

Of course he can do what he likes to. But noone gives a shit. Except those four loonies on a Queenboard who lust after thins annoying asian ladyboy with his little girl's voice and his shit solo songs

Posted: 28 Sep 19, 08:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:
Empire have physical copies available and they're available through Adam's own site, he had signed one's available but they've sold out, not sure if there'll be more but not sure why you thought there were no physical copies available.

Because Empire sent emails out with the info, that they won’t send these CDs out before mid October. Nothing is available yet. I don’t think, these sales count for next week’s charts, or am I wrong here?

As far as I‘ve seen, the only way to get a CD is through Adam’s/Empire‘s online shop. This doesn’t help in the music markets, where physical copies are still important. You would need the CD in the music shops. On the day of the release, not 2 weeks later.

Posted: 28 Sep 19, 16:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

anadamfan wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Because Empire sent emails out with the info, that they won’t send these CDs out before mid October. Nothing is available yet. I don’t think, these sales count for next week’s charts, or am I wrong here?

As far as I‘ve seen, the only way to get a CD is through Adam’s/Empire‘s online shop. This doesn’t help in the music markets, where physical copies are still important. You would need the CD in the music shops. On the day of the release, not 2 weeks later.

No idea what the reason is why the physical copies don't ship until October but I would imagine if pre-ordered and paid for they would count for sales. Adam originally said the album would be available on CD and Vinyl once both sides were released but not sure if any copies of the EP are going to shops, pretty sure someone said Amazon would be selling physical copies but don't quote me it was a fan and they may have it wrong. He's got physical copies of the EP selling on his own website as well, I think he originally thought people would only want it in digital format until the whole album was out, he seemed surprised when someone asked about a CD a while ago.

youngballantyne user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 39 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 19, 05:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The only thing worse than Adam Lambert is a bunch of old cock hungry queers arguing about his annoying music.

Posted: 05 Oct 19, 08:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

youngballantyne wrote:

The only thing worse than Adam Lambert is a bunch of old cock hungry queers arguing about his annoying music.

Strangely enough most Lamebrd fans are women (at least on QZ)

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4343 posts

Posted: 05 Oct 19, 15:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have two physical copies on order through Amazon!

Posted: 05 Oct 19, 17:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I have two physical copies on order through Amazon!

Why did you buy two?