Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Superpower — Adam Lambert

forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4362 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 09:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Marc Bolan has been deceased for 42 years.

MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1168 posts

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 09:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He’s got Marc Bolan’s videos to watch... speaking of videos, as for watching old Queen concert’s on YouTube, it’s no different (well it’s better) than watching Lambert’s videos on YouTube.

Why because Adam is alive, you must you think he’s better?

Adam is sluggish on stage and doesn’t rock like Freddie... or like any rock star. It’s almost like watching a karaoke act. The movements he does have aren’t something I enjoy... thrusting his hips in an exaggerated manner... making that dumb squished face as if he has no upper teeth. His underbite is in no way appealing. His vocals aren’t rock vocals, nor opera. Simple pop.

Adam’s biggest fan base... teenyboppers and 50+ year old women. He doesn’t have a hardcore rock fan base for a reason. He’s not a rock and roller. Freddie’s a rock GOD. Adam will never ever be one.

Adam’s solo music is the antithesis of Queen music. And even Freddie loved dance music, but not that boring, inhuman sound. Freddie was catchy.

Paul Rodgers has a lot of heat from hardcore Queen fans, but most of them respected him because he actually rocked.

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 10:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie during Hammer To Fall

Attachment: 20199111149429260.jpeg 87 KB
This has been downloaded 18 time(s).

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 10:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam during Hammer To Fall

Attachment: 20199111368862382.jpeg 102 KB
This has been downloaded 19 time(s).

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 10:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam literally stands in the same spot during instrumental breaks on hard rock songs he’s supposed to be performing, all the while making dopey faces and swaying to the music as if he’s listening to a fucked up remix of Wayne Newton track.

That’s not rock and roll.

Hotdog
runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2760 posts

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 11:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He is totally lost when it comes to rock music

Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 13:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who is actually interested in that?

Attachment: 2019911822959691.png 833 KB
This has been downloaded 15 time(s).

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 13:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

=)

Attachment: 20199111292088485.jpeg 39 KB
This has been downloaded 14 time(s).

Hotdog
anadamfan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 160 posts

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 15:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:
Adam’s biggest fan base... teenyboppers and 50+ year old women. He doesn’t have a hardcore rock fan base for a reason.

Lol. You can think about Adam whatever you want. But I‘m sure you‘ve never been to one of his solo concerts. Otherwise you would know that Adam’s audiences are mainly made of 20-50 year olds. Many men among them, though women are definitely the majority. A few hardcore fans are definitely older than that. And yes, there are a visible amount of Queen fans at the concert. Middle aged rockers. Just saying.

But go on in telling everybody, how bad Queen‘s current singer is... we all know, it’s just your opinion, that a few people share and others don’t.

Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 15:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I didn’t say others don’t attend. I said the majority of his fans are teenyboppers and 50+ year old women. I have no interest to see him live. I can look at the comments on his Instagram posts. I know plenty of Queen fans who go to see Brian and Roger.

Hotdog
SweetCaroline

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 16:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Unlike Freddie who was an original member of the band, Adam doesn’t move around much when Brian is playing one of his iconic solos. I believe it is out of respect and to give him the spotlight during those times. Wouldn’t you be really upset if Adam was on the opposite side of the stage purposely upstaging Brian or Roger? It was part of the act that when Brian was playing Freddie was running up a stairway or rolling on the floor or skipping across the stage! It wouldn’t be acceptable for Adam to do that mainly because he is not trying to be a Freddie clone.

Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 16:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam doesn’t move around much at all. If he does, he strolls slowly. It’s as if he isn’t energetic. An instrumental break doesn’t have to be a solo. It can be a few seconds. Adam seems to be out of touch with the beat.

Hotdog

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 16:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

Adam doesn’t move around much at all. If he does, he strolls slowly. It’s as if he isn’t energetic. An instrumental break doesn’t have to be a solo. It can be a few seconds. Adam seems to be out of touch with the beat.

He is also out of touch with the beat when he sings. ALways a few seconds behind or at the front. Sad . He is useless

SweetCaroline

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 16:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Go to a show! It all fits together beautifully and Adam shows total respect to the two iconic gentlemen with whom he is honored to perform. He is very capable of being more animated as he is in his solo shows,

Why don’t you complain about Ed Sheeran or John Mayer and others standing in one place in front of a mic with their guitars? Why is Adam the only male vocalist who gets criticized no matter what he does? He moves too much! He doesn’t move enough! He is not Freddie. He is not Paul. He is Adam! He doesn’t have to constantly punch his fist in the air to get the song across. It comes pretty easy to him!

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 17:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Go to a show! It all fits together beautifully and Adam shows total respect to the two iconic gentlemen with whom he is honored to perform. He is very capable of being more animated as he is in his solo shows,

Why don’t you complain about Ed Sheeran or John Mayer and others standing in one place in front of a mic with their guitars? Why is Adam the only male vocalist who gets criticized no matter what he does? He moves too much! He doesn’t move enough! He is not Freddie. He is not Paul. He is Adam! He doesn’t have to constantly punch his fist in the air to get the song across. It comes pretty easy to him!

Because he is a useless goat sounding god awful fake parrott

philip storey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 641 posts

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 19:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes Caroline Marc Bolan has been dead a long time ,but will Adam Lambert still be remembered like Marc ,Freddie,David Bowie,Iggy Pop and all those with real talent??

Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 19:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ed Sheeran or whatever his name is, I don’t listen to him. But at least he plays an instrument, maybe more.

John Mayer the same thing, I know for a fact John is very talented. My cousin who is a producer went to college with him.

I don’t need to go to the shows, I see the videos. There’s a reason why hard rockers tend to stray away from Adam, and why they went for Freddie.

Ed and John aren’t trying to be hard rockers, by the way.

Hotdog
SweetCaroline

Posted: 11 Sep 19, 19:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

20th Century Boy — Adam:

http://youtu.be/oAl6Ez0O9CQ

SweetCaroline