Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Superpower — Adam Lambert

forum rss feed
Author

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 4253 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 19, 21:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I might get attacked or mocked by SweetCaroline for this, but I really like how AL sang Save Me.


I hate him on SM-totally proof of his powerless non existing rock voice


It's ok, I know and understand that not everyone likes it.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 4253 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 19, 22:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I have a question for the Freddie “experts.”

Why did Freddie perform with no top on top? Did he think he had a beautiful physique he wanted to show off? Or did he swear so profusely he decided it is better to have nothing on at all? I know that wasn’t always the case, but what was the reason when he did it? Performing in a hot venue or country? Just curious because I have never heard an explanation.



Another pic of AL showing his chest, this time while apparently performing. Do tell me what is the difference between him and Freddie showing their chests?

Attachment: 20199141409845388.jpg 12 KB
This has been downloaded 10 time(s).


AlbaNo1 user not visiting Queenzone.com
AlbaNo1
Bohemian: 414 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 19, 08:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hair?

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2758 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 19, 09:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AlbaNo1 wrote:

Hair?


ladyboys do not have chest hair

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 4253 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 19, 09:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AlbaNo1 wrote:

Hair?


No ( AL is sometimes shown with a hairy chest ) . Hypocrisy and bitterness about Freddie by SweetCaroline is what it comes down to

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5768 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 19, 11:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Holly2003 wrote:

Day dop wrote:

AlbaNo1 wrote:

And actually Lambert’s voice is just horrible. There’s people like Michael Stipe and Lou Reed who could barely sing that have far better true voices with feeling in them,


I much prefer either Michael Stipe's voice or Lou Reed's to Lambert's thin, grating voice.


There are singers just from American Idol with more character and soul in their performances than Lambert -- people like Phil Phillips and Crystal Bowersox. And they're musicians too.


Daughtry is fkn awesome, IMO.


To be fair, I can't imagine Phil or Crystal singing the Queen catalogue, but they would be great singing parts of it that are best suited to their voices. I suppose that's the problem -- you either have Lambert, who has a bland voice but wide range and so can make an attempt at most Queen songs, or you pick someone like Paul Rodgers who has more character in his voice, but sounds (IMO) ridiculous singing AOBTD or IWTBF. Lambert sings Queen's "pop" songs reasonably well.




"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1220 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 19, 14:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That is what I said. You would be hard pressed to find one singer other than Adam that can sing all of it pretty well. You would have to have several singers on tour and that would be silly. It is easier to have one and Brian and Roger enjoy him as a person, otherwise they wouldn't even be touring according to them. And Adam does certain songs way better than anyone else, so the collaboration makes a lot of sense.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4356 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 19, 15:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Have you all seen The Show Must Go On documentary on ABC? The very beginning of it pointed out that at the Freddie Tribute they needed 20 singers to perform the Queen catalogue. Joe Elliott said that he could only sing the rock numbers. The person they needed for touring had to be flamboyant, have charisma, a killer vocal range and be versatile like Freddie was. So in walks Adam Lambert auditioning with “Bohemian Rhapsody” of all songs in the world! The “Gift From God.” If you insist on a Freddie sound alike, Marc Martel is your man, a Christian music singer with zero stage presence and charisma! As I’ve said many times before, Brian and Roger and Spike, too, should be trusted to know who has been the right man for the job. Adam was perfect in so many ways including that he wasn’t a big name star like George Michael and could afford to spend the time with these guys along with his fledgeling solo career.

Adam more than proved during the Idol show that he could sing anything—rock, pop, funk, ballads, soul, r&b—the phone book!

Adam is fine! If he never gets s Grammy, he will survive like Queen did for so many years!

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5768 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 19, 16:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dogs and cats have a wide vocal range but I don't particularly want to hear them sing Killer Queen.


"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4356 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 19, 18:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I do! I want to hear a dog or a cat try to sing “Killer Queen.” Shish!



MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1164 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 19, 19:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert wouldn’t of been a good tribute if it featured only one singer LOL


Hotdog
runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2758 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 19, 20:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I do! I want to hear a dog or a cat try to sing “Killer Queen.” Shish!



Well all you get is a goat singing it at the moment.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 4253 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Sep 19, 21:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Have you all seen The Show Must Go On documentary on ABC? The very beginning of it pointed out that at the Freddie Tribute they needed 20 singers to perform the Queen catalogue. Joe Elliott said that he could only sing the rock numbers. The person they needed for touring had to be flamboyant, have charisma, a killer vocal range and be versatile like Freddie was. So in walks Adam Lambert auditioning with “Bohemian Rhapsody” of all songs in the world! The “Gift From God.” If you insist on a Freddie sound alike, Marc Martel is your man, a Christian music singer with zero stage presence and charisma! As I’ve said many times before, Brian and Roger and Spike, too, should be trusted to know who has been the right man for the job. Adam was perfect in so many ways including that he wasn’t a big name star like George Michael and could afford to spend the time with these guys along with his fledgeling solo career.

Adam more than proved during the Idol show that he could sing anything—rock, pop, funk, ballads, soul, r&b—the phone book!

Adam is fine! If he never gets s Grammy, he will survive like Queen did for so many years!


Why are you promoting the documentary lately? Do you want a piece of the pie about that too?
AL is a Gift from God...and I've never heard you say anything like that about Freddie who was original and talented in many ways.
AL isn't perfect btw...only a person with blinkers on would think and post that about AL on a Queen board...
You are shameless.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5768 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Sep 19, 10:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Have you all seen The Show Must Go On documentary on ABC?


lol! As I said on another thread:

"So now the tour is over your mantra has changed from 'Go to a show!' to 'Watch The Show Must Go On documentary!'"

And 24 hours later you're at it again!


"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4356 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Sep 19, 17:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam is not shit! Anything but! I agree the Freddie Tribute was wonderful and very special BECAUSE of the many name performers who were there to honor him.

However, they would not have been able to tour with 20 name artists.

I regret that I never saw Freddie and even Paul in person. Now, as TSMGO doc portrays so beautifully, the live music has been able to go on because of the QAL collaboration. It may not be what everyone likes, but nothing is forever and I am happy I have been able to enjoy the energy and magic these 6 guys and their phenomenal crew have put together for thousands to love and remember always!



Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 4253 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Sep 19, 18:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Adam is not shit! Anything but! I agree the Freddie Tribute was wonderful and very special BECAUSE of the many name performers who were there to honor him.

However, they would not have been able to tour with 20 name artists.

I regret that I never saw Freddie and even Paul in person. Now, as TSMGO doc portrays so beautifully, the live music has been able to go on because of the QAL collaboration. It may not be what everyone likes, but nothing is forever and I am happy I have been able to enjoy the energy and magic these 6 guys and their phenomenal crew have put together for thousands to love and remember always!



There you go, stomping your feet, AL isn't shit you say. How defensive you get about the guy.
Do you know the Freddie Tribute was also to raise money and awareness for AIDS? I think you gloat that so it took so many people to sing Queen songs on the day, because you think AL can sing everything, so you gloat some more. The things you gloat and crow about.
You never saw PR in person, funny how you called him bland and boring, isn't it? I'd hate to read your reaction if you saw Freddie live and he showed his chest, wore a onesie or wore ballet slippers, clutch your pearls in shock horror even when you post about it.
I don't think you are aware many, literally millions love Queen with Freddie, a damn lot more than you ever could. Think about that time you want to lie and be ugly enough you say Queen fans wanted Brian Roger and John to die with Freddie...
You dumb sparkle cow . I can't believe you come here being so defensive because someone said AL is shit, and you have acted and said much worse about Queen fans.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4356 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Sep 19, 19:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, get a life already and stop stalking me. Nothing you say changes MY relationship with Queen through the years. Mind your own business and you will be a happier person—maybe !!!



Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 4253 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Sep 19, 19:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Icy, get a life already and stop stalking me. Nothing you say changes MY relationship with Queen through the years. Mind your own business and you will be a happier person—maybe !!!



I'm replying to you, hardly stalking you. You do this every time I call you out on your own bullshit. Glambert tactic.
Your relationship with Queen...wow, what a way to put it, but you are no fan that's for sure.
Why don't you stop bigging up, promoting AL and judging Queen fans? Because you sound so spiteful when you do that.
Don't worry sparkle cow, some of us know your true feelings, so don't come back at me about minding my own business and being a happier person. When I see you post bullshit, I will call you out. If you can't deal with that, gtfo.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2758 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Sep 19, 20:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Adam is not shit! Anything but! I agree the Freddie Tribute was wonderful and very special BECAUSE of the many name performers who were there to honor him.

However, they would not have been able to tour with 20 name artists.

I regret that I never saw Freddie and even Paul in person. Now, as TSMGO doc portrays so beautifully, the live music has been able to go on because of the QAL collaboration. It may not be what everyone likes, but nothing is forever and I am happy I have been able to enjoy the energy and magic these 6 guys and their phenomenal crew have put together for thousands to love and remember always!



Live with it that your fave Ladyboy has more haters than lovers. Only the deaf and blind like this tool. He deserves all the hate for making two legends a laughing stock. Surely he must think "these two old geezers are really mad - they don't even notice that I mock them". The most laughable collaboration in ROck history., From legends to money hungry bastards who would sell Freddie's ashes for a tenner an ounce. Sad story

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4356 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Sep 19, 20:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner, did you call Freddie “ladyboy” or “twat?”