Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Have you ever written a letter or an email to Brian May ???

forum rss feed
Author

f._mercury_forever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Sep 19, 17:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Have you ever done it ? I sent a letter to Brian three months ago and I´m not sure if he´ll answer me. I was reading about people who sent a letter too and they have got an answer after a month. But they were mostly from London or from England. I´m from Slovakia so I think it can take a long time to letter come to England from there. I´ve also tried to write him an email few times, but I´ve never recieved an answer. I just wanted to know if Brian really answers letters and emails ...

And I´m sorry if there are some mistakes, I´m not very good in English

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 7163 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 19, 18:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He answered a few emails a while ago, always kind and willing to help. Such a gentleman.

John hated Hot Space. Frederick's favourite singer was not Paul Rodgers. Rog didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Wales is not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 vox.
ANAGRAMER user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 830 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 19, 18:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes. If you make a critical comment or arguementative point, he sometimes takes the bait
He doesnt like to be criticised and will respond on soapbox if you can make a salient point

Ive argued with him about animal testing of drugs and he gets quite heated and pompous but stand up to him

The Real Wizard user is on Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 20923 posts

Posted: 21 Sep 19, 19:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't take it personally if he doesn't respond. He's an incredibly kind and generous man, but there are only so many hours in a day - and no doubt each day produces hundreds if not thousands of messages to the point that he needs to employ someone to sift through them.

Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.

http://www.queenlive.ca
The Nosuch Disco user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 83 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 19, 09:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

One of my Teachers at school wrote to him and he responded. This was back in 1993 or something. He asked him about how he got the guitar sound on Save Me. He said it took a long time to get a response, but still a decent thing to do. I'd much rather receive a letter than an email.

mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 4685 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 19, 17:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"I sent a letter to Brian three months ago"

Where?

I sent a letter to Brian maybe 25 years ago via the fanclub but it got sent back with a very polite letter saying Brian was busy but I knew they wanted to say 'are you fucking serious, he is Brian fucking May!'

stevelondon20 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1518 posts

Posted: 22 Sep 19, 21:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He must be overwhelmed with emails. I bet he receives tons of them.

dastard user not visiting Queenzone.com
dastard
Bohemian: 122 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 19, 13:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In 1990 i have sent a letter to John about why he doesn't sing. I never got a personal reply but the question was printed and replied in the fanclub magazine.

k-m user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 654 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 19, 23:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dastard what was the reply? Provide a full quote please.

sgs8789 user not visiting Queenzone.com
sgs8789
Champion: 67 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 00:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I emailed him in Feb/Mar 2006 letting him know I had seen an advertisement at a movie theater, just before the movie "V" came on, for the 2006 QPR North American Tour. I saw them on that tour in San Diego on Apr 1, 2006. Think I got a response back along the lines of "glad to hear the word is getting out about the tour".

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 4033 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 08:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I did, after Jeff Healey passed away. He replied on his soapbox.

philip storey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 638 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 19, 18:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wrote to him and received a hand written reply with a beautiful A4 photograph hand signed in gold pen,its my most prized Queen item by far.