Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Best in decades

forum rss feed
Author

anadamfan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 159 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 15:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It’s about 90% sold. Regular tickets are mostly gone. VIPs and Platinums ect. are often still available.

Berlin is a bit behind and only about 70-80% or so sold.

stevelondon20 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1604 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 16:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal harmony wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

If I want to hear Queen songs from a band they obviously still call QUeen (despite the "Plus" ) I expect not a free improvisation of the songs with annoying oversinging. Brian Johnsons never tried to find completely new melodie for the Bon Scott songs. Neither did Paul Rodgers in QPR. And it sounded absolutely embarrassing and offputting. and the "Look how high I can sing" has turned even worse. How annoying can this guy get???
Freddie surely changed some songs but it was always true to the original version. What Lamefart does is just adding completely new melodies and squeals in that do not fit a bit

For someone who hates what the band do, hates Brian and Roger for playing like they do, hates the setlists, hates the choice of singer and the singer himself and hates the people who enjoy this collaboration you spend a lot if time watching and listening and commenting on everything they do.

Rockchic's post proves what any person with any musical knowledge, or just an ear, knows. Any artist will interpret any work in their own way. You go on about over singing, showing off and supposedly singing off time. . . Well it's all on display in that clip especially if you have the mind to think like that and be a tin pot critic.

^^^^ agreed x2

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 4146 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 17:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

There were many, many technical issues that got Brian quite frustrated and Adam and the others couldn't hear themselves through their ear monitors which makes harmonizing and synchronizing quite difficult. Their stage is multifaceted and normally their set up crew and sound guys are top notch. These people not so much and having things off makes it difficult to perform. After IWIA things seemed to straighten out and got much more normal. You have to go with what you are dealt with.

Why wouldn't they want a QAL spectacle now, Icy? That is who they are in 2019 and that is who they are representing. You say the weirdest things sometimes. No artist goes on stage not wanting to have a spectacular night. They want to put their best foot forward and do what they do in the best possible way. Of course, this was to emphasize QAL. Although everything through next summer is already sold out, so some people, other than a few of you one here, absolutely love QAL!!!

Erm, because it wasn't their show to begin with? That wasn't the point of the event just to have a usual Q+AL concert.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2059 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 18:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

snifflese wrote:

There were many, many technical issues that got Brian quite frustrated and Adam and the others couldn't hear themselves through their ear monitors which makes harmonizing and synchronizing quite difficult. Their stage is multifaceted and normally their set up crew and sound guys are top notch. These people not so much and having things off makes it difficult to perform. After IWIA things seemed to straighten out and got much more normal. You have to go with what you are dealt with.

Why wouldn't they want a QAL spectacle now, Icy? That is who they are in 2019 and that is who they are representing. You say the weirdest things sometimes. No artist goes on stage not wanting to have a spectacular night. They want to put their best foot forward and do what they do in the best possible way. Of course, this was to emphasize QAL. Although everything through next summer is already sold out, so some people, other than a few of you one here, absolutely love QAL!!!

Erm, because it wasn't their show to begin with? That wasn't the point of the event just to have a usual Q+AL concert.

With all the publicity Global Citizen have been doing around QAL and Adam it's pretty obvious they considered them a huge draw. It wasn't just their show but they were the headliners and the organizers seemed to want them to put on a proper show, they did a pretty full set compared with the other artists.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1219 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 18:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What were they supposed to do? Stand there scratching their butts for 45 minutes? Then you would complain that they obviously didn't practice enough! This was a much shorter set for them. Their normal concert is about 135 minutes minimum, so actually this wasn't even close to the full spectacle.This truly paled in comparison to the normal concert experience. People paid money for the SHOW and they were the headliners! Headliners bear the biggest responsibility for making the event a success. I am sure QAL went out there with the idea of putting on the best spectacle they could for the crowd. Why would you do anything else? You are bringing entertainment to people to support the cause. If it is boring no one is going to watch or contribute. You just don't like that they got a lot of good publicity from this. I guess it is taking away from Freddie somehow. If his hologram had been up there singing for 45 minutes, I am sure it wouldn't have been a problem for you. But it is, because it was QAL and you are never on board no matter what they do.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 18:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

What were they supposed to do? Stand there scratching their butts for 45 minutes? Then you would complain that they obviously didn't practice enough! This was a much shorter set for them. Their normal concert is about 135 minutes minimum, so actually this wasn't even close to the full spectacle.This truly paled in comparison to the normal concert experience. People paid money for the SHOW and they were the headliners! Headliners bear the biggest responsibility for making the event a success. I am sure QAL went out there with the idea of putting on the best spectacle they could for the crowd. Why would you do anything else? You are bringing entertainment to people to support the cause. If it is boring no one is going to watch or contribute. You just don't like that they got a lot of good publicity from this. I guess it is taking away from Freddie somehow. If his hologram had been up there singing for 45 minutes, I am sure it wouldn't have been a problem for you. But it is, because it was QAL and you are never on board no matter what they do.

The bitterness and envy you have for Freddie comes through more and more with every post you make.
This wasn't a Q+AL concert, that wasn't what the event was even for, did you miss that?
This wasn't their best performance by a long shot, IMO.

gandorb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 35 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 19:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

While I didn't think it was their best show, it was really good. Amazingly young and multicultural crowd, jamming to every bit of the concert and singing along. Perhaps the main critique that I agreed with about Adam is his constant camping it up. It comes across more exaggerated when you see close-ups of it on the tv versus in a concert when you can focus on whatever your would like and from a distance. He can be good when he is more straightforward, such as his wonderful performance of WWTLF,

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2747 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 19:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

1) The shorter the better. It was a short shitfest instead of a long one. And it showed that Brian Mays best guitar days are over and that Lamberts oversinging has reached a new low
2) Noone paid any money as the tickets were given away for free - another proof of you being totally clueless
3) Freddie's "hologram" = videoscreen got the loudest cheer as usual. I guess you hated that because you hate Freddie being for famous than Lambert

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 19:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

gandorb wrote:

While I didn't think it was their best show, it was really good. Amazingly young and multicultural crowd, jamming to every bit of the concert and singing along. Perhaps the main critique that I agreed with about Adam is his constant camping it up. It comes across more exaggerated when you see close-ups of it on the tv versus in a concert when you can focus on whatever your would like and from a distance. He can be good when he is more straightforward, such as his wonderful performance of WWTLF,

WWTLF is the prime example of his oversinging. A song that needs emotion and he is doing his usual vocal gymnastics to the max with his godawful thin voice and annoying tone

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1219 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 20:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The problem for you is Adam. You are always talking about not his music, not his place, not some old thing. So now it is not QAL's place to put on a good show because it wasn't their show. What exactly should they have done, per Icy? I am really curious as to what would have been appropriate to fill over 45 mins of air time??? Should they have said we are not worthy and requested a 15 minute time slot? It is never someone's show when they are on TV normally. They do a guest slot here or there and everyone wants to do his best to leave a good impression. I just don't get why this would have been any different. If you can explain what should have happened. I would appreciate it, because I don't undrstand your viewpoint at all.

No,this was not their best show, but there were some real glitches in that show from the technical side, that threw them for a real loop. And that isn't an excuse either, it was pretty obvious something was really off through the first few songs. There are numerous places where they are discussing this.

I could do without some of the over the top mannerisms myself. I do think some of it is performing in a theater or a concert venue as opposed to being on TV. I remember it was an issue on Idol where one of the points they stressed with him was to remember the camera was in his face and he wasn't playing to the back of the theater. Theater is where he had come from. Since they have just come off tour, he is used to those exaggerated mannerisms. Sometime less is more for sure!

By the way, did you notice how much he was sweating?? I think Cosmic said since he doesn't sweat, he is lazy. Sweat was running down his face!!

You are mistaken about free tickets. People on ATOP were talking about the cost. You only got free tickets if you entered some way and had done certain tasks to earn points and then were chosen to receive them.. Most of the people I saw talking about it bought them! They sold them on Stub hub and other ticket sellers. Talk about clueless! You always have to toss in some demeaning remark! You don't like him, fine, but lots of people love him and his voice! I am tired of listening to your godawful posts and your annoying tone!

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 20:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

snifflese wrote:

1) The shorter the better. It was a short shitfest instead of a long one. And it showed that Brian Mays best guitar days are over and that Lamberts oversinging has reached a new low
2) Noone paid any money as the tickets were given away for free - another proof of you being totally clueless
3) Freddie's "hologram" = videoscreen got the loudest cheer as usual. I guess you hated that because you hate Freddie being for famous than Lambert

Actually the normal tickets were free you had to do tasks to win them but the VIP tickets were paid for, around $100 or so.

They had sound and technical issues during rehearsal and soundcheck as told by various people there early and the day before, not sure what they exact problems were but it was obvious that both Brian & Adam couldn't hear themselves a lot of the time. Brian's playing has been brilliant during the recent tour but if you can't hear properly it's easy to lose where you are in the song.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 21:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

The problem for you is Adam. You are always talking about not his music, not his place, not some old thing. So now it is not QAL's place to put on a good show because it wasn't their show. What exactly should they have done, per Icy? I am really curious as to what would have been appropriate to fill over 45 mins of air time??? Should they have said we are not worthy and requested a 15 minute time slot? It is never someone's show when they are on TV normally. They do a guest slot here or there and everyone wants to do his best to leave a good impression. I just don't get why this would have been any different. If you can explain what should have happened. I would appreciate it, because I don't undrstand your viewpoint at all.

No,this was not their best show, but there were some real glitches in that show from the technical side, that threw them for a real loop. And that isn't an excuse either, it was pretty obvious something was really off through the first few songs. There are numerous places where they are discussing this.

I could do without some of the over the top mannerisms myself. I do think some of it is performing in a theater or a concert venue as opposed to being on TV. I remember it was an issue on Idol where one of the points they stressed with him was to remember the camera was in his face and he wasn't playing to the back of the theater. Theater is where he had come from. Since they have just come off tour, he is used to those exaggerated mannerisms. Sometime less is more for sure!

By the way, did you notice how much he was sweating?? I think Cosmic said since he doesn't sweat, he is lazy. Sweat was running down his face!!

You are mistaken about free tickets. People on ATOP were talking about the cost. You only got free tickets if you entered some way and had done certain tasks to earn points and then were chosen to receive them.. Most of the people I saw talking about it bought them! They sold them on Stub hub and other ticket sellers. Talk about clueless! You always have to toss in some demeaning remark! You don't like him, fine, but lots of people love him and his voice! I am tired of listening to your godawful posts and your annoying tone!

Have you ever watched Queen's set at Live Aid? They proved there that they didn't need all the bells and whistles to be be great. Sometimes less is more. I think for a start they tried to fit too much in. It truly wasn't a concert just for Q+AL.
I agree something was off last night. I don't know exactly what happened, but I stand by that it wasn't their best. I'm glad that Brian esp doesn't seem too upset or angry about it, because he takes things to heart at times.
I don't care how much AL was sweating.
All I'm saying here that it wasn't their best performance, it wasnt a Q+AL show and sometimes less is more, and if you think that is demeaning so be it, you only prove you are quick to cry foul again and rage about me again. Over nothing. You are so quick to fly off the handle, even when I've said nothing offensive, but of course you take it that way. Of course.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 21:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

snifflese wrote:

Got to say, I was happily surprised Freddie was shown...that was a great acknowledgment.

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 21:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Have you ever watched Queen's set at Live Aid? They proved there that they didn't need all the bells and whistles to be be great. Sometimes less is more. I think for a start they tried to fit too much in. It truly wasn't a concert just for Q+AL.

Their Live Aid set was 17 mins long while this set was an hour, they were the headliners which wasn't the case with Live Aid and I don't see how they could fit less in without having a shorter set which wouldn't work as they'd obviously been allocated an hour.

kcd123 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 7 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 19, 22:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does anyone know what happened during the first song (I think) when there was an echo? It almost sounded like a backing track malfunction, which I hope wasn't the case. Did that happen live or was it an issue with the live streaming?

MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1113 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 01:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“ There were many, many technical issues that got Brian quite frustrated and Adam and the others couldn't hear themselves through their ear monitors which makes harmonizing and synchronizing quite difficult.”

Oh yeah? Tell that to Freddie who never once used them.

Hotdog
GonnaUseMyPrisoners user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 03:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Multi-act/festivel/benefit/common cause shows are never "full" shows: no band plays a full set. Did you hear how short some of the others were? That said, the best acts cram as much as they can into the impossibly small parameters they're given. (BTW, I really like "H.E.R."... check her set out!) Q+AL did at this show what Queen did at Live Aid: they maximized every second, performed at an amazing level, and won active crowd participation from an audience of MIXED fandom (mostly VERY young, phone-obsessed millennials, American at that, more engrossed in their Instagram feeds than what was on stage), and obviously had a great time. No one really cares that Brian's guitar dropped out at the end of BoRhap - it happens, it's a red herring, an anomale. In 2016, Brian botched one of his parts because Adam made him laugh during either BoRhap or WATC (can't recall which) with his hilarious prostration on the stage in Chicago at the N.A. tour opening (a la "we're not worthy, we're not worthy"... it was FUNNY... the audience lapped it up and I loved every second). It does NOT reflect on the band's skill, the overall excellence of the night's performance, nor Brian's reputation as a guitarist. He's an exemplary musician and human with a sense of humor and he was enjoying life; so was the audience, btw!!! So this show there's some missing guitar bits at the end of BoRhap? First time it's happened in how long? Exactly. Never. So who cares? The guitar thing earlier in the show sounded like one of his feedback loops had been activated backstage when it shouldn't have, so there was extraneous sound in the mix. The band's fault? Nope. That's a press of a button. So who cares? Silly mistake to judge a performer's excellence by anomalies of a merely technical nature. And different singers have different styles, no matter whose catalog they're singing. Adamextends some notes Freddie didn't, but ya know what? God damn, the boy CAN. He's pitch perfect every fuckin' time and while it might not be something you've heard Freddie do, it's damned impressive. Don't buy a ticket if you don't like his style, then maybe with less demand, perhaps I'll be able to afford a ticket next time. Demand for seats literally doubled the prices this tour, so gee, seems to me they're doing SOMETHING right (however painful for me personally).

It's understandable and acceptable many don't agree with my opinion. But some of the arguments against this show have been pathetic. Don't agree, if you wish. But don't whinge about shit that don't matter. Q+AL just played the best show as a unit, they ever have. They were clearly well-oiled from the end North American tour, they cut all the extraneous bullshit between songs (presumably since the show was waaaay over the time allotted, which was acknowledged on camera) and focused on knocking out hit after hit after hit to please the audience, with hardly three seconds between songs, and an ENERGY and PRECISION I haven't witnessed since Live Aid, quite honestly. Kudos, Bri', Rog', and Adam and ensemble. I hate to overstate, but I cried with joy during this show..... Long live the songs and spirit of Queen!

...gonna use my prisoners, gonna give 'em the business...

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 04:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holy wank how delusional can Glamberts get??? Comparing this mess with liveaid? Really??? Back then they had a frontman who could sing and perform without annoying oversinging. Their drummer did not need a backup and their guitar Player did not dress as robot and nailed the solos unlike now. Get a reality check

Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 04:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie captures so many things that Adam Lambert worshippers will never understand.

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 04:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If Adam didn't have Queen, he'd be broke without a possibily of releasing music on label or with a major distributer. Fact.

Adam's spent more on his latest album than he's made on his last 7 singles. If it fails... it's right out of his fucking pocket.

If he was smart, he'd release it himself. He also needs a band....

Hotdog