forum rss feed
Author

MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1136 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 04:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam has talent, but it's not hard rock. He needs to find his own thing.

I bet millions that Adam worshippers on other forums think of him as the man who revived Queen....

... but it's not true.

Freddie never stops being in the news. He's in the news more than any other member. Daily he's been in the news for decades. Has Adam even had a top 10 hit yet? He's released 10 more singles than Fredddie at 37, than Freddie was at 42... yet Freddie had more success. Blame it on Queen? Adam''s been out for a decade, a huge splash at the beginning. But his music is fucking stupid. Terrible production. Computerized bullshit. His vocals sound emotionaless. He's so upset over people hating on the gay community? Where's his power ballad over it? Where's his jaw dropping hard rock vocals? Where's his lyrics that make people cry?

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 04:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And the idiots can say, "ohhhh but Adam's chart position was higher..." but that doesn't mean shit compared to annual record sales. A #1 is based on a weekly sale. Mr. Bad Guy sold over 100,000 copies in 1985 (in the USA) alone... it charted at only 159. Adam Lambert's last album charted at #3, and sold 42,000 copies to date. Chart position means shit compared to overall annual sales. Chart position is based on strong week of sales. Per-orders right before Adam's album was released? Most likely... by his fans.... then nothing bought by the non-Adam fans. Queen and Freddie had something special, where even non-hardcore fans were interested in their product, even if it wasn't ASAP.

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 04:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Man, if Adam died right now and one of his songs became a #1.

I'd say, "Ohhhh, it's NOT FAIR! You can't count that! It didn't become a #1 until AFTER he died!"

What a moronic statement who said that about Freddie. Can the person who said that, please fuck off and die?

'The Great Pretender' was a #1 in 1987.

The people are fucking idiots... highest chart positions don't mean highest sales. Not even close!

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 05:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fat Bottomed Girls only charted at #24 in the USA, but has sold more than multiple Queen top 10 singles.

These fucking idiots asking if "people knew music" yet can't even decide what is important on charts. Fucking terrible. The "Freddie's #1 doesn't count because it was after he died" statement was disgusting. Hope that cunt tries suicide. #really

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 05:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The fat old women. If they enjoy Adam's fucking disgusting underbite... his fucking jaw that sticks out further than his fucking ugly nose, that's their problem. His talentess, computer generated garbage for music. Adam is the most talentless piece of shit. The sad part is that it's not his fault, he bases his decisions on his idiot fans who are so obsessed with him, that they can't even say, "Well, it's nice Adam, but maybe you should..." No, his worshippers never think anything he does is wrong. He could record himself farting, and to them, it'd be a number hit. It's sad. I feel bad for those that worship him. Adam is so abused by the music industry, and his fans can't even defend him. No wonder the things he does isn't up to him.

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 05:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's the SAD PART.

I don't hate Adam. I don't think he's terrible. But he can never develope his talent while listening to his fans who praise EVERY FUCKING THING he does. Millions of times, I've said, "I think he needs a band"... I really do. He can't write music or play an instrument. Maybe he can find a pop band, all of them write their own parts, it'd be great. He'd sing in a style meant for him instead of meant for some random songwriter.

And shame on those who think Freddie, a multi-instrumentalist, who didn't need co-writers, is beneath Adam Lambert.

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 05:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PS - I have enough Queen songs to last a lifetime or two. For every mood, for everything.

Freddie is current, I don't need to listen to Adam to get my rocks off. If you listen to Adam's songs more than once and tell me shit like that, you're a hypocrite.

Hotdog
rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2083 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 05:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@MisterCosmic

Jesus I've never heard such vitriol as you keep spewing on here, you're the one going on and on about chart positions and claiming Adam can't get hits then don't like it when someone points out Freddie's solo stuff didn't chart high either, that's not putting him down that's stating a basic fact. I personally think chart positions are utter rubbish and don't reflect talent but if that's how you're gonna judge someone then facts are facts. And no one's saying Freddie is beneath Adam that's your paranoia.

As to Adam needing a band I've already said he can't do that while he's touring with Queen, no band is gonna be prepared to wait around while he spends so much time doing other things so that's not even an option.

And you're wrong about his fans saying everything he does is perfect, there's plenty who went onto to his instagram when he released New Eyes to say they didn't like the new sound and wanted him to go back to how he sang before and there's plenty who go on there and tell him he should have his hair how it was on Idol, or in 2015, or he should dress how he did in x y z but end of the day he'll do exactly as he pleases since one thing all of Adam's fans know or should is he hates being told what to do so while he's not stupid he's also not gonna do things just because a fan thinks he should.

His latest project is his own choice so like it or not it's what he decided to do and if he's happy with it so what, and so what if it costs him money, end of the day it's his money to spend how he chooses and if he's taken a gamble on it and it doesn't work out it's his loss no one else's. He has pretty much released it himself, he's using a distribution company but not a label so he's in the driving seat as regards how it's released, the timing, the format etc.

As to your comment about Freddie not using IEM's well they weren't around then so he couldn't have but lots of bands from that era probably wish they were since they wouldn't be experiencing hearing loss the way some are including Roger.

Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 06:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam can't write a song by himself.

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 06:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie's Mr. Bad Guy album sold more copies between the USA and any of Adam's.... worldwide combined.

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 06:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you look at the shit I'm replying to, rockchic65, I'm replying to an ass who tinks chart positions are the most important since sliced bread.

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 06:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"And you're wrong about his fans saying everything he does is perfect, there's plenty who went onto to his instagram when he released New Eyes to say they didn't like the new sound and wanted him to go back to how he sang before and there's plenty who go on there and tell him he should have his hair how it was on Idol, or in 2015, or he should dress how he did in x y z but end of the day he'll do exactly as he pleases since one thing all of Adam's fans know or should is he hates being told what to do so while he's not stupid he's also not gonna do things just because a fan thinks he should."

No one puts down his computer generated crap.

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 06:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"His latest project is his own choice so like it or not it's what he decided to do and if he's happy with it so what, and so what if it costs him money, end of the day it's his money to spend how he chooses and if he's taken a gamble on it and it doesn't work out it's his loss no one else's. He has pretty much released it himself, he's using a distribution company but not a label so he's in the driving seat as regards how it's released, the timing, the format etc. "

You haven't a rock n roll bone in your body. You have no idea how record lavels work. They are testing the sales waters.

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 06:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*labels

Hotdog
anadamfan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 159 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 06:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Someone here sounds, as if he’s drunk.

Chill man. I said I don’t care about chart positions (unlike you).
And I tried to explain, why it makes no sense to compare the numbers of sold albums of an artist in the eighties to an artist today. That goes for any artist. Unfortunately, you don’t seem to get it.

So, you should just be happy about Freddie‘s bigger numbers and his therefore more successful solo career (compared to Adam). And don’t care about what I think about all that.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2083 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 08:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@MisterCosmicc

Well his latest EP isn't computer generated it's live instruments which is a choice since he wants to perform live without having lots of backing tracks etc and the reason some fans don't put his previous computer generated stuff down is there's actually people (younger one's especially) who love EDM etc, you can't generalize with Adam's fans since they are so diverse. One thing they all have in common is loving his voice but they don't all love the style of music he does, far from it, lots of them got into him on Idol where they imagined him going in a rock direction and weren't happy about the pop/EDM stuff but they're loyal because they know he'll rock up the songs live, he's a phenomenal live singer and he throws in covers they'll love as well and they get to see him with Queen. Equally he has fans who want him to get back to his solo music and don't want rock music but love the over processed EDM stuff. It's a problem when you come off a show where you do lots of covers in various genre's, you're gonna attract fans of various types of music and they aren't gonna love everything you do, but then most artists evolve so even Queen had music some fans didn't love as much as others, no one can please everyone all the time.

The label thing is a contradiction, you're claiming he's gonna lose money on this project due to funding it himself but then claiming the "label" (distribution company) are testing the water regarding sales. If he's self funding then it's Adam who's testing the water not the label and whichever way you look at it that's a smart move, why make loads of physical copies that might not sell, especially since it's his first solo album since 2015.

He's putting his music out in various ways, giving free copies and downloads with some merchandise, physical copies are being shipped in October - probably so he could gauge how many people would actually buy physical copies since he assumed people don't do that much anymore especially just for the EP and was only going to release the full album physically at first so this is a later decision based on fans asking him for a physical release.

Adam hasn't claimed to write the songs himself, wouldn't be too easy when you can't play an instrument and he prefers to collaborate anyway but it's very obvious from the lyrics that he wrote most of those and he had a lot of input into how he wanted it to sound. He's lucky he has songwriter friends and people who were happy to collaborate and happy to work with him to get the sound he wanted. That's how bands usually write anyway so it's not different really.

CM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 38 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 09:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So much talent and so much energy wasted in an endless Always The Same Tour.

After Freddie's death, we thought any kind of Queen reunion, even without John would mean new stuff and creative surprises... but not a decade of greatest hits tribute tours.
Paul Rodgers days gave us the chance to expect new things both in the studio and live... but now... no matter where or when the Queen + AL tours and news will be.
Any video from any other Q+AL tour will just be the same.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2752 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 10:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CM wrote:

So much talent and so much energy wasted in an endless Always The Same Tour.

After Freddie's death, we thought any kind of Queen reunion, even without John would mean new stuff and creative surprises... but not a decade of greatest hits tribute tours.
Paul Rodgers days gave us the chance to expect new things both in the studio and live... but now... no matter where or when the Queen + AL tours and news will be.
Any video from any other Q+AL tour will just be the same.

Exactly and still the Maylor sheep and the annoying Glamtarts buy it. QPR was the last interesting thing they did. Especially the PR/Free/Bad Company songs were interesting. This was a real collaboration of ROCK legends. Now you have 2 Ex Queen members who lost the plot and team up with a AI runner up who sucks donkeys balls. And you are right: Apart from 1-2 songs it is ALWAYS the same. Over and over again. How boring can you get. Something Freddie never wanted as he was creative. I would respect them if they called themselves " 2 old guys and a twat" (wich is what they basically are) and do new music. But instead they are riding the dead horse Queen for 28 years now! Unbelievable really

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1219 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 13:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, you can keep your rock legend PR. His voice sounded awful with Queen's music, They didn't even have the Queen vibe and he was as boring as watching paint dry, We all have different opinions and we are all entitled to them. PR also wasn't a threat to Freddie's legacy as no one would ever think he is at all like Freddie. Personally I think the fact that Adam is so good and there are so many people who love him performing with Queen that you feel he is a threat. Otherwise all this vitriol makes no sense. There is no one who will ever be like Freddie. He is a musical icon forever, but Adam can be appreciated for what he brings to QAL and it is quite a lot. Actually if you have a musical ear, Adam does switch up how he sings the same. With him it is never quite the same. He is an amazing live singer! Well I guess there are lots of old bands who are riding dead horse, the vast majority. Yet those are the groups that have huge followings and play to huge crowds. People want to hear the MUSIC, they are flexible enough to roll with the fact that band members die and opt out and just change sometimes.

GonnaUseMyPrisoners user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 13:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lot of mental illness on display on good ol' QZ these days. yikes.

This thread:
Q: Didn't Bri' & Rog' play great?
A: But Hillary's emails!!!

(sigh)

...gonna use my prisoners, gonna give 'em the business...