Author

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 20975 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 14:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Paul changed the phrasing/melody all the time http://youtu.be/izMvfxxRbcE?t=164

Stop trying to rationalize with an internet troll. They have an agenda, not an ear for reasoned dialogue.

Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.

http://www.queenlive.ca
SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4317 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 15:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“@DrBrianMay On Top of the World ! Well, it was definitely a Moment ! Thanks Big Apple !!! Bri”

http://www.instagram.com/p/B3B_dfZBRKi/?igshid=1szrbvgg8a56u

The Real Wizard

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 15:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GonnaUseMyPrisoners wrote:

Perhaps against all odds, TEMPOS were up to proper live speed (my biggest beef with recent tours), notes were well-articulated, no lengthy "can we celebrate Freddie together" awkward excuses... just fabulously presented rock & roll, with stunning harmonies and a rich visual presentation... there's just no getting around it - the Global Citizen performance of Q+AL was top notch - or, from another perspective, the best in decades. BRAVO.

I loved the Paul Rodgers era, but I agree - it almost seems like they have spent the last 20 years building up to this moment. After losing America in the 80s, they just headlined a massive festival in Central Park watched by millions on TV.

Queen are currently the biggest band in the world. Soak it in, folks.

Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.

stevelondon20 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1604 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 19, 16:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hell yeah!

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2747 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 19, 04:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Real Wizard wrote:

Perhaps against all odds, TEMPOS were up to proper live speed (my biggest beef with recent tours), notes were well-articulated, no lengthy "can we celebrate Freddie together" awkward excuses... just fabulously presented rock & roll, with stunning harmonies and a rich visual presentation... there's just no getting around it - the Global Citizen performance of Q+AL was top notch - or, from another perspective, the best in decades. BRAVO.

I loved the Paul Rodgers era, but I agree - it almost seems like they have spent the last 20 years building up to this moment. After losing America in the 80s, they just headlined a massive festival in Central Park watched by millions on TV.

It only showed

1) Lameturds shrill vocals have become even more annoying

2) May cannot play properly anymore as he fucks up the solo if BoRhap almost every time

3) Lameturd wearing the crown is still the worst taste ever

4) 72 year olds should not dress as Robots

5) They are obviously using backing tapes now and got fucked when someone pressed play at the wrong time. You are busted

To sum it up: e m b a r r a s s i n g and an insult to what Queen once stood for

Posted: 01 Oct 19, 04:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry to bring it to you first but Queen ended on nov 24th 1991

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5749 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 19, 06:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"72 year olds should not dress as Robots"

Okay, that was funny. But I disagree. All 72 year olds should dress as robots.

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 4151 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 19, 07:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

"72 year olds should not dress as Robots"

Okay, that was funny. But I disagree. All 72 year olds should dress as robots.

No Holly...that would mean AL would sit on those heads too ;-)

Posted: 01 Oct 19, 09:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Over at QOL the case has been closed. It seems we have officially entered the backing tape zone. Welcome to Playbackland. Must be an expensive machine if they charge 350 euro for normal seats.
And please don't tell me it is an "ECHO". The sound came up BEFORE QAL were miming to the track. An Echo comes later. B U S T E D.
Just when you thought they hit Rock bottom along comes this...

Posted: 01 Oct 19, 09:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you need proof watch this when the solo comes up we enter playback land. Sad to watch and an utter disgrace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QCv5tE4DN8&feature=youtu.be

And some pple on here compare it to Live Aid 1985. U N F U C K I N B E L I E V A B L E

Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 488 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 19, 11:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Over at QOL the case has been closed. It seems we have officially entered the backing tape zone. Welcome to Playbackland. Must be an expensive machine if they charge 350 euro for normal seats.
And please don't tell me it is an "ECHO". The sound came up BEFORE QAL were miming to the track. An Echo comes later. B U S T E D.

Yes the case is closed on QOL. It wasn’t a backing tape. The video footage, that set in during the song, is cued to an audio track. As it’s common for such a show.
What is not common and wasn’t intended, was to play the audio track as well as the video along the live performance. You use the recorded audio only for rehearsal purposes.

Blame the Soundsystem of the festival or the technicians. It wasn’t playback and it wasn’t the band‘s fault.

GonnaUseMyPrisoners user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 19, 14:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

And some pple on here compare it to Live Aid 1985. U N F U C K I N B E L I E V A B L E

Nope, "since Live Aid" compared it to EVERYTHING WHICH FOLLOWED Live Aid. Using Live Aid as an immovable landmark.

Intersting it makes everyone happy to jump all over technical things and assume it was "the band's legendary backing tape", rather than something else (connected with the simulcast, or at the mixing board [sealion offered this, essentially], or backstage, etc.).

...gonna use my prisoners, gonna give 'em the business...
The Real Wizard

Posted: 01 Oct 19, 15:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Or you can just put your biases aside and read the explanation posted here. But that would be asking far too much.

You really do spend a lot of your time focused on something you hate. I pity you.

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2784 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 19, 16:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Real Wizard wrote:

Yup and some people are still enjoying it.

Your last comment got me thinking, the show on Saturday night was their biggest audience ever in North America.

Posted: 01 Oct 19, 18:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion wrote:

The video footage, that set in during the song, is cued to an audio track. As it’s common for such a show.
What is not common and wasn’t intended, was to play the audio track as well as the video along the live performance. You use the recorded audio only for rehearsal purposes.

Intended or not it was fucking playback. Common or not it was fucking playback. Idiot.

Posted: 01 Oct 19, 18:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nope, "since Live Aid" compared it to EVERYTHING WHICH FOLLOWED Live Aid. Using Live Aid as an immovable landmark.

Bigger than the iconic Magic Tour, the last with Freddie, bigger than the Freddie Tribute???
P A T H E T I C . It was a shitfest of the highest order

Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 488 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 19, 18:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Intended or not it was fucking playback. Common or not it was fucking playback. ...

It wasn’t. It was a technical failure at the end of the song. Nothing more.

This explanation just doesn’t fit your agenda.

GonnaUseMyPrisoners user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts

Posted: 01 Oct 19, 19:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Runner 70:

Magic Tour was extremely uneven and it's correct saying I'm not a fan of the song selections nor the performances on the whole. Another case released in the cinema, Hungarian Rhapsody, was nearly unwatchable; it depicts a band on the demise and it's embarrassing. But at the same time, if others like it, I'm not here to try to take that away from them.

You'll have to get used to others having different opinions, honestly.

Speaking of which, people were called an idiot for odd reasons but my definition of idiot is more like "Someone who SPENDS AN HOUR or more watching a live performance which they already know they'll hate beforehand, then SPENDS MORE TIME in subsequent days scouring fan sites and message boards to argue about it, over and over and over." That's truly idiotic. Sealion's careful explanation, when read properly, makes it perfectly clear it wasn't playback. Honestly, how daft are you? Never mind, no need to reply further... better yet, start another of your own threads to have another Q+AL bashing party, see how many flies you attract.

...gonna use my prisoners, gonna give 'em the business...

Posted: 01 Oct 19, 20:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Runner 70:

Magic Tour was extremely uneven and it's correct saying I'm not a fan of the song selections nor the performances on the whole. Another case released in the cinema, Hungarian Rhapsody, was nearly unwatchable; it depicts a band on the demise and it's embarrassing. But at the same time, if others like it, I'm not here to try to take that away from them.

You'll have to get used to others having different opinions, honestly.

Speaking of which, people were called an idiot for odd reasons but my definition of idiot is more like "Someone who SPENDS AN HOUR or more watching a live performance which they already know they'll hate beforehand, then SPENDS MORE TIME in subsequent days scouring fan sites and message boards to argue about it, over and over and over." That's truly idiotic. Sealion's careful explanation, when read properly, makes it perfectly clear it wasn't playback. Honestly, how daft are you? Never mind, no need to reply further... better yet, start another of your own threads to have another Q+AL bashing party, see how many flies you attract.

Budapest was the best concert of the magic tour. An active band touring a new album. No AI losers on the mic playing a sad nostalgia show. Go back to your Glamtard world. Idiot.

Posted: 02 Oct 19, 08:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Speaking of which, people were called an idiot for odd reasons but my definition of idiot is more like "Someone who SPENDS AN HOUR or more watching a live performance which they already know they'll hate beforehand,

Who said i watched the whole shitshow? Idiot.