Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Chart Failure

forum rss feed
Author

MisterCosmicc user is on Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1140 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Oct 19, 22:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“ And why compare Adam and Freddie anyway, you're completely obsessed by how Adam's music is doing but you don't like him or his music so why the interest? Just wanting to put him down - classy.”

Because you keep lying about Adam’s sales by lying about excuses. Streams, pre-orders, indie.


Hotdog
MisterCosmicc user is on Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1140 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Oct 19, 22:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie had ads in Billboard magazine to promote his music.

Adam advertises 24/7 via Instagram and Facebook to millions and millions of people and still can’t create a hit. Being indie is no excuse, it’s the digital age.


Hotdog
MisterCosmicc user is on Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1140 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Oct 19, 22:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think I found out why Adam’s music doesn’t sell anymore. Look at that face. Chris Hanson is waiting.

Attachment: 20191012270134180.gif 6 MB
This has been downloaded 13 time(s).



Hotdog
Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 4210 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Oct 19, 22:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

I think I found out why Adam’s music doesn’t sell anymore. Look at that face. Chris Hanson is waiting.


I'm sure a Glambert here will think that's sexy. Ugh.

MisterCosmicc user is on Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1140 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Oct 19, 22:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lol I know.

The good news is that while Adam’s music is slipping out of the charts, oh so sad, Freddie’s is climbing worldwide, including the USA.


Hotdog
Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 4210 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Oct 19, 23:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

Lol I know.

The good news is that while Adam’s music is slipping out of the charts, oh so sad, Freddie’s is climbing worldwide, including the USA.


Well that should show a Glambert or two here that Freddie legacy is firmly intact, and it doesn't need AL or Q+AL to boost it.
Freddie's legacy lives on.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2089 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 05:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

“ And why compare Adam and Freddie anyway, you're completely obsessed by how Adam's music is doing but you don't like him or his music so why the interest? Just wanting to put him down - classy.”

Because you keep lying about Adam’s sales by lying about excuses. Streams, pre-orders, indie.


How am I lying? Empire have emailed fans saying there was a delay with the CD's but now they're shipping (fact).

He was No 5 & 7 on two download charts (sales) but was low on the charts that include streaming (fact). Back in the day there was no streaming and people just bought music (fact), clearly the music industry having changed alters things a lot so comparing then and now is pointless.

Pre orders don't get included in sales until they're shipped and if the CD's aren't available only from Empire and Adam's website where there was a delay and aren't being actually sold at all from other outlets until Nov 1st then they can't have been included in any sales charts (fact). That article about the pre-order campaign is talking about creating buzz for an album and pre orders are a great idea but clearly you expect the items to be available on the date promised to impact the chart, that isn't always happening and nothing in that article says the pre orders count as sales if the items haven't been shipped by the date of release.

Most indie artist won't have the success on the charts that people like Taylor et al do with the backing of a major label and around 35 - 40 million followers who stream their music, that's just blatantly obvious (fact). There'll be the odd one's who break through but for the most part that doesn't happen.

Queen have 10 million subscribers on Y/tube, Adam has 1.3 million yet you somehow compare that with Freddie and Queen being in the charts, especially after the movie release and all the renewed interest in Queen/Freddie, sounds completely dumb to expect Adam to have the same level of success and no matter how many times he posts about his music on his instagram it won't make much difference since only his fans who already know about it will see it, they've already either bought it, streamed it or don't like it etc.

I'm not lying just stating the obvious. His music might "fail", depends what you class as failure, but why keep going on and on, it's childish IMO and makes you look like someone desperate to keep saying Freddie's better than Adam. There's no reason for comparison but no doubt that won't stop you so as you were!!!

MisterCosmicc user is on Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1140 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 06:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“ Pre orders don't get included in sales until they're shipped“

Wrong. See links above.

Billboard doesn’t track US postage (fact) LOL

I compared Freddie to Adam when Freddie was 37... ‘Love Kills’


Your post offers no explanation on Adam’s poor sales. Fact. Especially considering streaming is included in the Billboard Hot 100, see links above. In fact, the more you say streaming wasn’t available in 1984, the more it looks that Freddie had to work harder to sell his product =)


Hotdog
MisterCosmicc user is on Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1140 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 09:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yesss.... here’s what I’m buying everyone for Christmas

Attachment: 20191013316477414.jpeg 108 KB
This has been downloaded 3 time(s).



Hotdog
rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2089 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 09:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

“ Pre orders don't get included in sales until they're shipped“

Wrong. See links above.

Billboard doesn’t track US postage (fact) LOL

I compared Freddie to Adam when Freddie was 37... ‘Love Kills’


Your post offers no explanation on Adam’s poor sales. Fact. Especially considering streaming is included in the Billboard Hot 100, see links above. In fact, the more you say streaming wasn’t available in 1984, the more it looks that Freddie had to work harder to sell his product =)


If you can't see the impact streaming has had on artists I can't help you, it's blatantly obvious to most people. I did explain that the fact Adam has low numbers of followers means his streaming numbers will be lower than someone with millions of followers - that's just obvious and shouldn't need stating. When someone like Taylor with 40 million followers releases music if even half her fans check it out it will go to the top of the chart, then it will be added to more streaming lists and get played on radio, then more people who don't follow her will hear it. If someone with 1.4 million followers and probably some aren't actively following anymore releases music they won't hit the top of the chart so won't get on tons of big streaming lists and won't get tons of new people hearing their music and won't get added to major radio stations so again not a lot of new listeners to check them out and stream them. I don't have all the answers but I don't think it's necessary to keep putting the guy down either.

Back in the day you heard peoples music on radio more, more people listened to radio then than now since most people just make their own playlists and then you bought an album if you liked their song often without even hearing the rest of it so radio isn't the major player but it does help somewhat. There's pluses and minuses to the streaming situation compared to the way things were in the 80's for people with huge fan bases it's great and that's why it's the same people charting all the time but it makes it pretty boring IMO and it's more a popularity game than about the music.

As to pre orders being included, which links are you talking about because the one I read didn't say they were included it didn't even mention it?


MisterCosmicc user is on Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1140 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 09:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pre-ordered tracks are counted as soon as you order them. It’s a legal
financial exchange which means it’s a sale. Some record companies and artists pre-order albums to reach the charts faster or sooner, or to reach higher positions. You can google it. With your expertise of the music business, I’m surprised you didn’t know that.


Hotdog
MisterCosmicc user is on Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1140 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 09:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“ Back in the day you heard peoples music on radio more, more people listened to radio then than now since most people just make their own playlists and then you bought an album if you liked their song often without even hearing the rest of it so radio isn't the major player but it does help somewhat.”


And there’s 100 artists on the Billboard Hot 100 who have to deal with a lack of listeners tuning into radio stations as well.


Hotdog
rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2089 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 09:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

Pre-ordered tracks are counted as soon as you order them. It’s a legal
financial exchange which means it’s a sale. Some record companies and artists pre-order albums to reach the charts faster or sooner, or to reach higher positions. You can google it. With your expertise of the music business, I’m surprised you didn’t know that.


I don't have time right now to check that out (on my way to a meeting) so will look later but if you're right and they are counted then that would agree with what I said about streaming, he needs lots more followers and especially one's who actually use streaming as a medium.

Either way I don't see the reason to keep going on about his numbers, IMO a lot of the music on the charts isn't what I'd choose to listen to and I prefer to just like what I like regardless if the artist is at the top of the billboard chart or not, I don't use that as a measure of talent personally.



Jazz+ user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jazz+
Deity: 2579 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 09:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rockchic What is at the top of he charts is a sure indication what IS popular and trending at the time, and Adam aint even listed at the very bottom end of the charts ouch !!

MisterCosmicc user is on Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1140 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 09:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“I don't use that as a measure of talent personally.”

You would if Adam was at the top of the charts eight now LOL


Hotdog
Jazz+ user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jazz+
Deity: 2579 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 13:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

noticed all the Lambtit fans not here running to support the creep?

MisterCosmicc user is on Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1140 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Oct 19, 03:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

=)


Hotdog
MisterCosmicc user is on Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1140 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Oct 19, 03:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

After I posted the facts, I noticed.


Hotdog
snifflese user is on Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1219 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Oct 19, 13:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You have nothing to do with it. It is a waste of time to try to discuss with you as it goes nowhere other than nasty remarks about Adam, QAL and the poster. Why bother? You think what you like and that is it. Good for you.

MisterCosmicc user is on Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1140 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Oct 19, 20:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He failed


Hotdog