Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Do you like Adam Lambert? Is he a good singer?

forum rss feed
Author

MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1113 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Oct 19, 08:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Why do you think two great musicians like Brian and Roger are so thrilled to perform over 200 shows worldwide with a guy like Adam if he wasn’t a special vocalist able to handle anything in their iconic Queen catalog?

You might not like his tone because it isn’t exactly like Freddie’s but Adam is a dependable, professional musician who can handle the rigors of back to back shows and has the temperament to cope with whatever comes along the way! He wouldn’t have made it past that first show in Kiev if he didn’t have the right attitude, charisma, sense of humor. His voice is NOT grating. In fact some people complain that it is too smooth for rock n roll. I have always considered him a chameleon who can perform any genre of music just like they have said about Freddie. Both Freddie
and Adam have sung opera as well as rock! How many singers can do that?

Hey, we can’t have Freddie so I believe Ada
is the next best thing!

We have Freddie. There’s hundreds and hundreds of videos and songs.

You’ve seen Adam 4 times, SweetCaroline. You must get bored listening to Adam’s songs and videos, there’s not much product compared to Queen and Freddie.

To say that we can’t have Freddie is the dumbest thing you’ve ever said. Ever.

Hotdog
kosimodo user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 721 posts

Posted: 20 Oct 19, 21:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ofcourse he is. Stupid to say otherwise.

Is Alfie Boe a good singer? Ofcpurse he is. Maybe you heard Alfie sing Freddie.. He couldnt.

https://youtu.be/bc-AmpIVJWM

dont tell he cant sing.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2747 posts

Posted: 20 Oct 19, 22:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kosimodo wrote:

Ofcourse he is. Stupid to say otherwise.

Is Alfie Boe a good singer? Ofcpurse he is. Maybe you heard Alfie sing Freddie.. He couldnt.

https://youtu.be/bc-AmpIVJWM

dont tell he cant sing.

He is hitting high notes but that does not make him a great singer. He changes the vocal lines in an annoying way, he lacks emotion and most parts he is not right timing wise. Yes I say he cannot sing this song properly (and all the other Queen songs as well). And his stage performance is utter garbage as well

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1219 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 19, 01:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That is your opinion which you are certainly entitled to. But there are way more people who do think he is a good singer, Queen music aside. I think he is a good singer and sings the Queen catalog well. Everyone has their own opinion, but you are probably in the minority at this point. Go listen to someone else instead of torturing yourself with Adam. I don't understand the infatuation with him and the need to post everywhere negatively. Find something that you might enjoy.