Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Mr Bad Guy - Special edition

forum rss feed
Author

Jazz+ user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jazz+
Deity: 2566 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Oct 19, 13:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well just got my copy of Mr Bad Guy today from the Queen fan club, and to be honest i am disappointed with "Man Made Paradise" as the drums are distant and flat and if they were brought to the front they would need a lot more trebile and clarity,
Best noticeable track has to be "Foolin Around" i love the drums and percussion have been pushed to the front and you get a sort of Roger Taylor style drumming technique which is fab.
"My Love is Dangerous" has lost the annoying echo and brought Freddie's vocal to the front so that s a great improvement.
The rest of the album is just like the original to me.
Sad though because we know there is a Queen version of "Man Made Paradise" which was a reject from "The Works" album and i would love to hear that one day!

dudeofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 825 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 19, 13:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

K770i, re:

>and you get a sort of Roger Taylor style drumming technique which is fab.

What didn't Brian and Roger just go in to the studio and re-record the whole thing? Oh, yeah, no "Written by Brian May".......

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2747 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 19, 14:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This daydop guy is almost as annoying as the Glamberts in the QAL threads if you criticized the tool. I only heard lmltnt and the MMP snippet. While i liked the first one i hate MMP. It was the best song on the album. The drums Sound flat as fuck. The original Sounds way more pompous than this Stripped back version which does not fit at all. Waiting for my copy but guess will have to wait a while as QP are never able to deliver on release date outside the UK. Send it a few days earlier you sad tossers

ianlasseter user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 26 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 19, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well said Makka .I cannot believe that once something is released,we have people moaning and groaning.For what it's worth,I have listened to it several times,and,in my opinion,it is a great improvement

Apocalipsis_Darko user not visiting Queenzone.com
Apocalipsis_Darko
Bohemian: 725 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 19, 15:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I received the compilation to do a review and yes...Neil the bass player from "Queen" + Lambert replaced at least in two songs the original bass. In love me like there's no tomorrow and made in heaven...

snelly1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 11 Oct 19, 17:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Neil Fairclough has replaced the bass on 6 tracks- 2,4,5,7,10,11

SweetCarolina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 103 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 19, 17:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dont like the sound.

Barcelona album why not the 1988 version? Pffff

And the new Greatest Hits of FM is a overkill..

TRS-Romania user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 674 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 19, 18:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great Pretender

Some interesting instruments popping up in the mix ...

LIKE!

k-m user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 662 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 19, 18:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I must say that just listening to it (Mr Bad Guy SE) on Spotify, even without reading your comments, I feel like buying the bloody thing. Didn't think I'd ever say that as Mr Bad Guy was the one I kind of gave up on looking for (mainly due to its unavailability, but also because I put it on par with Roger's and Brian's albums). But yeah, this sounds good! And let's face it, "Let's Turn It On" sounds fresh, even now, I think only one reviewer (from "Q", correct me if I'm wrong) ever noticed it. It's pretty odd, but many of these songs have got some newly enhanced freshness to them.

Michael Scapp user not visiting Queenzone.com
Michael Scapp
Bohemian: 156 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 19, 18:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My orders (from Amazon) now say that they are being released on Oct 25th. TWO MORE WEEKS! Man!

"Can't you see there is only one me...

...and that me, is me"
Jazz+ user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jazz+
Deity: 2566 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 19, 19:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry guys the only improvement on this album was "Foolin Around" and the rest do not sound any different.
Man Made Paradise does sound muffled and flat, and you barely hear any drums.

Apocalipsis_Darko user not visiting Queenzone.com
Apocalipsis_Darko
Bohemian: 725 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 19, 19:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, also another insult...in Never Boring cd the songs from Barcelona, are from the orchestration version, not the original album...

princetom user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 803 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 19, 19:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

just had a listen to "man made paradise" shared earlier in this thread.
well, well, well.
i have to say that i actually prefer the original version. not for reasons of musical perfectness. but:
* the original version had that kind of feeling a mr.mercury would have liked to share. there's an tensiounous lead vocal. encompanished with some throat yelling but most beautiful background voice. they oppose until they finally meet.
what's annoying, but still gets used to be accepted is the drum sound. most probably it's that prominent for reaching a special audience. it's an upbeat number, isn't it ? isnt't it some kind of track being worth to be played in a disco in munich some 30+ years ago ?i tend to see it that way. and that's what the mix is all about. a great performance with no excuses to the "undermixed" instruments.
* the remixed version stands more for a man on the piano, a relaxed kind of mood of an over-tempurated performer who is hiding his talent behind that well mixed instruments. or: to get it right: the production seems wanting to treat every note of the composition quite right. seems to equalize any acoustic term of that very performer. dominate the art in it. the previously dominant snare has to share its place within the instrumental mix. but: the vocals should have been more prominent.
i hope that makes any sense.
p.s.: that very curt cress plays like a machine. an art of it's own !

prince[tOM]

Posted: 11 Oct 19, 19:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Day dop wrote:

K770i wrote:

Sorry guys the only improvement on this album was "Foolin Around" and the rest do not sound any different.

When did you last get your hearing tested? Or do you wear a heading aid?

You are an annoying twat. First you wine about being attcked as some do not share your opinion and next thing you do is a lame" get a hearing aid". So your opinion is the be-all-end-all?

Posted: 11 Oct 19, 19:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

princetom wrote:

just had a listen to "man made paradise" shared earlier in this thread.
well, well, well.
i have to say that i actually prefer the original version. not for reasons of musical perfectness. but:
* the original version had that kind of feeling a mr.mercury would have liked to share. there's an tensiounous lead vocal. encompanished with some throat yelling but most beautiful background voice. they oppose until they finally meet.
what's annoying, but still gets used to be accepted is the drum sound. most probably it's that prominent for reaching a special audience. it's an upbeat number, isn't it ? isnt't it some kind of track being worth to be played in a disco in munich some 30+ years ago ?i tend to see it that way. and that's what the mix is all about. a great performance with no excuses to the "undermixed" instruments.
* the remixed version stands more for a man on the piano, a relaxed kind of mood of an over-tempurated performer who is hiding his talent behind that well mixed instruments. or: to get it right: the production seems wanting to treat every note of the composition quite right. seems to equalize any acoustic term of that very performer. dominate the art in it. the previously dominant snare has to share its place within the instrumental mix. but: the vocals should have been more prominent.
i hope that makes any sense.
p.s.: that very curt cress plays like a machine. an art of it's own !

You are spot on!

MackMantilla user not visiting Queenzone.com
MackMantilla
Bohemian: 899 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 19, 19:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MercurialFreddie wrote:

What do you guys think about how all of the instruments on the title track have been mixed? There is more depth and I feel like they tried to emphasize the polyphony and let those instruments breathe more. I like it, although the outro sounds different. Way different.
The same goes for the outro of Man Made Paradise. Polyphony is much clearer now and how lead vocals mix with bv's is much more organic... if you know what I mean.

I really like this new mix, so now I'll order this boxset.

Posted: 11 Oct 19, 19:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

on the other hand...
(and i'm writing that to enhance my previous comment, ignoring any intercourse)
on the other hand... they call it "never boring", don't they ? and that snippet alone makes me curious. maybe i'll give it a buy. for taking some wonderful compsitions to a modern age. for pointing out something (like that very bored but most rhytmic, and therefore adorable piano-playing) which one had not a spot on.

prince[tOM]

Posted: 11 Oct 19, 19:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Day dop.
yes i am. but it makes me curious enough to listen to it on a CD on my HiFi.

prince[tOM]

Posted: 11 Oct 19, 20:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Day dop wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

Day dop wrote:

K770i wrote:

I'm curious, do you have hearing problems, or wear a heading aid? I ask this as I know some Queen fans aren't in their younger years (not that you need to be of a certain age to suffer hearing loss.but the older you get, the more hearing goes...).

It's just, I can't think why you'd not be hearing the album clearly, unless somehow you listened to a poor quality MP3 of the album, but I don't see why you would've done that.

You are an annoying twat. First you wine about being attcked as some do not share your opinion and next thing you do is a lame" get a hearing aid". So your opinion is the be-all-end-all?

Firstly, what I asked was a genuine question. not an attack. I was aware that it might come across the wrong way, so I edited it by time you'd replied that. See above, I just added it there.
it might help if you didn't jump to false conclusions in future.

I'll repeat what I previously said, your annoyance is your problem. Ask yourself why you're annoyed. The answer that doesn't lay blame on someone else will be the first step towards you dealing with your problem.

Surely if you take a step back, you'd be able to see it's rich of you to call anyone a twat, considering you're someone who spends a a disproportionate amount of your life harassing Lambert fans online... day in, day out, months on end. Are you not aware that all that screams to everyone else is that you have an unhappy life? I suggest you read up on studies of internet trolls. It'll make for uncomfortable reading for you, but it'll enlighten you.

You're working in your twat title and you win ;) Analyzing people you don't know while being offtopic. Twat of the highest order.

Posted: 11 Oct 19, 20:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Twat bar 3 - listen to your shitty remixes and shut the fuck up