Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Mr Bad Guy - Special edition

forum rss feed
Author

Apocalipsis_Darko user not visiting Queenzone.com
Apocalipsis_Darko
Bohemian: 725 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Oct 19, 20:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have the box to listen well at my computer, but unfortunately, I can't share the link from Universal to listen the songs very well in their own streaming, because if I will do that, I will be in legal trouble.
It happens to me once time with a Spanish artist from EMI. I shared the record with two friends....and there was a lot of tension.
But listening to the cd just was enough to me for today...tomorrow I will listen the audio from Universal and telling my opinion about the new mixes

cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3734 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 19, 21:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Remixing is one thing, but I really don’t like them taking artistic decisions with the arrangements; on ‘Made In Heaven’ for example they have changed the snare beats in the opening to remove intentional repeat ghost notes and also made every other beat a dead hit as opposed to them all carrying a heavy ‘plosive’ effect, as they do intentionally on that part on the original.

Also not sure on why they have replaced intentionally placed drums machine parts with acoustic drum samples (see Foolin’ Around) - I’m not saying that it sounds bad, but it radically changes the original intent and artistic decisions made by Freddie.

Remix or ‘reimagining’??

aristide1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 588 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 19, 22:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Restoration.

aristide1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 588 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 19, 22:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Day dop wrote:
...by someone such as myself who only logs on every now and then.

This explains why you don't know that dysan is a valuable member of this community, non-aggressive, with comments above avereage and good spirit.
When you started to push him around like a dog, just because he expressed a point of view different than yours, it was clear what kind of guy you are.
It was clear for "me" not for "us", because I can speak only for myself, you're right on this aspect.
The others may individually express their disgust.

You should log in more often, not only when you are in the mood for bragging.
A mental case like you is always welcomed for entertainment, although you are so painfully unpleasant that all the fun is already gone.

space ghost user not visiting Queenzone.com
space ghost
Rocker: 35 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 19, 22:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They used in Man Made Paradise a different take in the "but you don't care" part? More lower?

dastard user not visiting Queenzone.com
dastard
Bohemian: 124 posts

Posted: 11 Oct 19, 23:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When listening to the "new" Man Made Paradise while removing the left and right channels, that his voice sounds off.

I compared it to the original and even lined both vocals up in a multitracker. It sounds like the pitch of his voice was altered.

In these samples you could hear at the 8 second mark.
The first are the original lines.

dastard

Posted: 11 Oct 19, 23:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is the new line:

Attachment: 201910111884334410.wav 6 MB
This has been downloaded 34 time(s).

dastard

Posted: 11 Oct 19, 23:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

THIS is the original one

Attachment: 20191011216531900.wav 6 MB
This has been downloaded 24 time(s).

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2747 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 19, 05:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anyone else getting tired of daydops drivel? Everyone has mental issues if you disagree with him. What a twat. He probably is jobless and lives in mommys basement

Biggus Dickus user not visiting Queenzone.com
Biggus Dickus
Bohemian: 520 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 19, 06:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dastard wrote:

When listening to the "new" Man Made Paradise while removing the left and right channels, that his voice sounds off.

I compared it to the original and even lined both vocals up in a multitracker. It sounds like the pitch of his voice was altered.

Well I'm pretty sure they've run all of Freddie's vocals thru autotune or similar for every Queen/FM release for years now.

Posted: 12 Oct 19, 08:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Day dop wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

Anyone else getting tired of daydops drivel? Everyone has mental issues if you disagree with him. What a twat. He probably is jobless and lives in mommys basement

Wrong again. I'm self employed and live in a decent house in a respectable suburb.
I think you could well be projecting when you say, "jobless and lives in mommys basement", considering that you spend an unhealthy amount of time on this forum obsessing over Adam Lambert and harassing his fans.
How do you have time for a job and a home of your own? Seriously.

At what point did I say, suggest, or imply that "Everyone has mental issues if you disagree" with me?
Could you quote me saying, suggestions, or implying that?
No? I thought not.

Ironically, what's eluded you is that it was you who resorted to name calling as you cannot handle disagreement. Even since, you've continued to act in the same manner.
But that's not unusual behaviour for you, is it?

This is the fallacy you repeatedly make...
Read on here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

The difference when it comes to you is that it isn't a question. It's well known that this forum has gone downhill since you've come here, How many people would argue that?
Are you not aware of the saying, "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"?
Have you in recent years just once ever considered that your miserable existence is NOT the fault of Adam Lambert nor his fans? Is it not time for you to finally address that?

Let's see if you can comment again without attacking as you've done with so many people for years now. I highly doubt you can.

Listen to your Mr Bad guy remix you seem to be obsessed with and leave me alone with your bullcrap. Get a life. I really mean it. The MMP remix sounds atrocious and I am not the only one who has that opinion. Live with it.

Chief Mouse user not visiting Queenzone.com
Video Man
Chief Mouse
Deity: 2177 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 19, 10:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The wise one will quit replying.

Posted: 12 Oct 19, 10:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Day dop wrote:

Day dop wrote:
Let's see if you can comment again without attacking as you've done with so many people for years now. I highly doubt you can.

runner_70 wrote:

Listen to your Mr Bad guy remix you seem to be obsessed with and leave me alone with your bullcrap. Get a life. I really mean it. The MMP remix sounds atrocious and I am not the only one who has that opinion. Live with it.

I quoted my comment above, then yours, as you proved me right and it's amusing to rub that in.

So... a new Freddie remix of Mr Bad Guy is released, and as a result, a member creates a thread, and comments on the subject...and in your tiny mind, that equates to being "obsessed"?

Well, no. If you want an example of obsession, then look no further than your very own behaviour across MANY threads for YEARS when it comes to Adam Lambert fans who you regularly pester and harass. That is a prime example of obsession. Derp!

And I find it ironic that you of all people - the person whose spent the last few years of his life dedicating so much time to harassing and trolling people (mainly Lambert fans), on Queenzone - would suggest anyone else needs to "get a life".

As for the last part you wrote, you're making the appeal to popularity fallacy.
https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/40/Appeal-to-Popularity

I don't think it sounds "atrocious" whatsoever. You're being your usual hyperbolic and mellow-dramatic self.

it's certainly not flat sounding as you've repeatedly - and wrongly - stated. I know that as- unlike you - I've listened to it on a decent set-up and made a direct comparison to the original.
Perhaps you ought to have a listen to it via a decent source (CD will do it) on a decent set-up or a decent set of headphones rather than listening to an MP3 on the internet..
How about that?
However, when you eventually get the CD, it'll come as no surprise whatsoever to see you return to this thread claiming that track sounds "atrocious" as well as other hyperbolic codswallop. That's you all over.
As with others who I suspect watch but don't usually voice their view, I've witnessed your clown behaviour on here for a few years now.

You want me to "leave you alone"? (as though you're the victim here, when it's you who came onto this thread and started with the name calling bullshit, as you couldn't handle disagreement)

What if I decide not to leave you alone? What if I decide to do what you've done to other people for years (especially Lambert fans)?

Wouldn't you like a dose of your own medicine so you can see how it feels for all those you harass, pester, and obsess over?

Nice thought?

There is a fine line between twat and asshole. YOu just crossed it. next one will be "sad cunt" I am sure you will succeed there either.- and now bugger off you awful shitface

Posted: 12 Oct 19, 10:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Day dop wrote:

as you couldn't handle disagreement)

What a sad idiot. COming on here claiming that those who dont like the remix need a hearing aid. Fucking loser

Jazz+ user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jazz+
Deity: 2562 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 19, 11:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@ Day Dop : To answer your question no i do not need a hearing aid and i stand by my original answer the album is not greatly improved at all apart from "Foolin Around" and as i stated before the rest of the album is hardly untouched.
"Man Made Paradise" could have been dynamite if the fool that remixed it sat down and tried a few tricks with it.
The drums are 3 miles away and it sounds muffled.
I have an original copy of the Cd and top of the range Denon Hi fi system so please do not make any excuses up to support this badly mixed Cd.

Posted: 12 Oct 19, 11:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

K770i wrote:

@ Day Dop : To answer your question no i do not need a hearing aid and i stand by my original answer the album is not greatly improved at all apart from "Foolin Around" and as i stated before the rest of the album is hardly untouched.
"Man Made Paradise" could have been dynamite if the fool that remixed it sat down and tried a few tricks with it.
The drums are 3 miles away and it sounds muffled.
I have an original copy of the Cd and top of the range Denon Hi fi system so please do not make any excuses up to support this badly mixed Cd.

Amen! Foolin around sounds like a RT Wannabe is trying to drum

SpaceGrey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 217 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 19, 11:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Biggus Dickus wrote:

dastard wrote:

Well I'm pretty sure they've run all of Freddie's vocals thru autotune or similar for every Queen/FM release for years now.

Do you have any evidence?

SpaceGrey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 217 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 19, 11:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can not decide what version I like more 2019 or 1985

Posted: 12 Oct 19, 16:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Day dop wrote:

Chief Mouse wrote:

The wise one will quit replying.

I don't know how people here have put up with it for so many} years on this forum. I've witnessed plenty, but tend to not get involved as I'd barely be considered a part time member here, let alone a full time member, so fortunately, I don't have to deal with it all the time like others. I don't envy folks having to put up with that shit constantly. It was much better before the clown infestation.

It was - absolutely. Before tha clown called day dop (what kinda name is that ???) that came on hear and tried to tell everyone that his opinion is the only one that counts. SOmeone should have told him that it is completely subjective to think of a remix being better or worse. But he is selling hi "elitist" opinion and others who dont like it should get a hearing aid and "don't hear that it is better". It is like saying some girl is more beautiful than the other. Completely stupid!

Jazz+ user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jazz+
Deity: 2562 posts

Posted: 12 Oct 19, 17:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have just heard "The Great Pretender" and that too sounds dull compared to the original. I am sure Abba's producers could have made a much better job of Freddie's work than the clowns that have butchered this release. "Never Boring" has become boring and flat.
Roger Taylor once said that "Live Killers" sounded terrible so this sound production crap has been going on for years in the Queen camp.