Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Mr Bad Guy - Special edition

forum rss feed
Author

brians wig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2603 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Oct 19, 17:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They couldn't even be arsed to do surround sound mixes for the bluray.
Cheapskate bastards.

Jazz+ user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jazz+
Deity: 2579 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Oct 19, 17:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Exactly who the fuck was on the mixing desk needs shooting.

Jazz+ user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jazz+
Deity: 2579 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Oct 19, 17:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

By the way The Freddie Mercury releases should not be called "Special Edition" it should be called "Fucked up Edition"

*goodco* user is on Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1350 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Oct 19, 18:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jayzus.....this thread caught my eye, and then I look at one or two posts per page, because it's degenerated into yet another ridiculous 'Adam' type thread.

Chill, people.

And, any intelligent in depth response to runner_IQ 70 flies over his head anyway. Not worth the trouble.


"Discretionary posting is the better part of valor." Falstaff
runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2752 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Oct 19, 22:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Day dop wrote:

K770i wrote:

Exactly who the fuck was on the mixing desk needs shooting.


Why? Because you can't hear the difference between the original version and the new version?

Some examples that I mentioned earlier...

1) The alterations to the synths - be it louder / quieter / added reverb etc
2) The rerecorded bass on many of the tracks (2,4,5,7,10,11)
3) The new more organic sounding drums
4) The OTT reverb removed from Freddie Mercury's voice

How are you not able to hear the differences that others here can? And how is it the person at the mixing desks fault that you can't hear what others can?


Stupid idiot. Give it up already you sad wanker

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2752 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 08:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

EVeryone hears those "Difference" you fuckwhit. But some dont agree with you that it is "better". Got it now ?

Jazz+ user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jazz+
Deity: 2579 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 09:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@DayDop Listen we all have opinions so you think the album is different and all for the better i disagree, i think it is a rip off to get fans to buy the album again.
One song has been a great improvement "Foolin Around" the rest of the tracks are either ruined with bad mixing or they sound remain the same. My opinion so i am not ranting about this.
My views to other Queen fans is don't bother buying this album but just enjoy the original copy of Mr Bad Guy the way Freddie approved of it on its release back in 1985.

snelly1 user not visiting Queenzone.com


add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 10:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Listened to the new mix/re-record on vinyl. A few thoughts, it does sound fuller, better instrument separation, updated drums, bass and more prominent vocals with less reverb.
However, the mix is at times just WEIRD, things pop up suddenly louder seemingly out of nowhere, some synths seem way to loud, stereo field odd at times....nowhere near as good as the Abbey Road remix. Shame as some of these tracks could be real killers in the right hands.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2752 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 12:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Day dop wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

EVeryone hears those "Difference" you fuckwhit. But some dont agree with you that it is "better". Got it now ?


Hello again very dim person.

It should come as no surprise to you whatsoever to find that you're incorrect yet again.
For example, did you miss the comment that said, "Sorry guys the only improvement on this album was "Foolin Around" and the rest do not sound any different."?
I think that last part, "the rest do not sound any different", disproves your claim that "EVeryone hears those "Difference"" (btw, "those Difference" is incorrect. It should be "the difference", as I wrote earlier).
.
See? As I said, once again you're incorrect, and I suspect you're so used to being wrong in every way that all you feel you have in your miserable life is people on this forum to take your frustrations out on.

Your original argument was that it sounded "flat", which it does not. Because of disagreement, you had one of your regular tantrums, name calling, throwing out straw man arguments etc, which is the way you've acted on this forum with people ever since you joined.

i suspect this forum is the only place you socialise (for want of a better term). Do you think people here would miss you if you never logged in again?


Hey fuckwhit- I stand by my comment that MMP sounds atrocious and FLAT: Especially the drums. Fooling around is the same thing. While on the original MMP was full of drumreverb and sounded almost as pompous as Queen (No wonder it started out as a Queen song) the new version sounds like being recorded in a Jazz club. Totally flat. No dynamics whatsoever. End of discussion really. YOU seem to like it more - but wtf cares apart from your elitist bullshit opinion. MMP and the whole MBG from 1985 sounds as Freddie wanted it to sound back then. I doubt he would be pleased that 34 years later some unknown people try to mix it how THEY want it to sound. It is almost grave robbery. But that's what Maylor been doing for 28 years now. I think you would also be pleased if they would re-record older albums with Lamebird on vocals. And you would all enlighten us with your stupidity as it "sounds better the before".

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2752 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 12:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

K770i wrote:

@DayDop Listen we all have opinions so you think the album is different and all for the better i disagree, i think it is a rip off to get fans to buy the album again.
One song has been a great improvement "Foolin Around" the rest of the tracks are either ruined with bad mixing or they sound remain the same. My opinion so i am not ranting about this.
My views to other Queen fans is don't bother buying this album but just enjoy the original copy of Mr Bad Guy the way Freddie approved of it on its release back in 1985.


Spot on! I can already read the looney's comments that you are "wrong" again. utterly ridiculous. I doubt he even has the original pressing back from 1985.

Jazz+ user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jazz+
Deity: 2579 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 13:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@ Runner70 At the end of the day trying to interfere with rock history is totally wrong.
What right do they have to twiddle knobs here and there on mixing desks and fuck Freddie's album up?
I think in all honesty its all about Money and Queen fans are the most ripped off people of all bands ever when it comes to merchandise.

pma user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3478 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 15:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think the MBG special edition is an overall improvement, and for those who don't fancy this one, there are many ways to obtain the original version and stick to that one.
Let's face it, this was never a sonic masterpiece of spectacular arrangement, sound engineering, or mixing in the first place. So I accept that the output quality of these new mixes
will not suddenly become spectacular. I think they've done a decent effort at polishing some terrible mixes, and some have worked out better than the others. Personally I would have not objected if they'd just gone and handed the originals for a total re-imaginging to let's say Daft Punk or to a 79-year old Giorgio Moroder to try and achieve that 80's Munich/New York club sound that may have been the desired / intended soundscape of some of the original tracks. Love Kills was/is spectacular in terms of it's programming and the mix (personal opinion), so it's baffling how MBG turned out way worse in those aspects.



"I think now I can make love to your anus without making God angry"



Registered: Friday, January 18, 2002



Apocalipsis_Darko user not visiting Queenzone.com
Apocalipsis_Darko
Bohemian: 725 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 15:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I'm listening right now the new mix of Mr. Bad Guy on wav from the streaming of Universal...
It is my first listening.....with good headphones to listen better...yes, it's more organic and sounds better in general....but I still prefer the original production because it is what Freddie wanted to publish and also I heard it so much that my ears are into the original version.
I have to analyze every song.

cmi user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmi
Royalty: 1171 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 15:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Day dop, respect to you!

Saint Jiub user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Saint Jiub
Deity: 7488 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 16:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

cmi wrote:

Day dop, respect to you!


amen to that


Socialism:



There's one for you, nineteen for me

Should five per cent appear too small

Be thankful I don't take it all
*goodco* user is on Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1350 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 17:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

daydrop......start another thread then! Go through your analysis of each song, and..................don't feed the frickin' troll and get into arguments.

I would love to read about the differences between the original and new release.

I hate the fact that Richard and Your Valentine allow this 'reverse censorship'. Those that might post, do not, because of the 'idiots', or they have just quit following this web site due to this.



"Discretionary posting is the better part of valor." Falstaff
Apocalipsis_Darko user not visiting Queenzone.com
Apocalipsis_Darko
Bohemian: 725 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 18:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But you still believe Freddie gave permission to Jim Beach? hahaha. It's like being an adult and thinks the monster of Lake Less exists...
The album sounds better, yes, but it's a sacrilege what they do with Stefan Wisnett....


montanasz user not visiting Queenzone.com
montanasz
Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 8 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 18:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snelly1 wrote:


However, the mix is at times just WEIRD, things pop up suddenly louder seemingly out of nowhere, some synths seem way to loud, stereo field odd at times....nowhere near as good as the Abbey Road remix. Shame as some of these tracks could be real killers in the right hands.


I got the same impression and felt them quite distracting...and think that alter the feeling of songs.
Although I like the fact Freddie's voice sounds way much clear in this new remix, I miss the reverb from the original among other things...and i think i'll stick to it.

Apocalipsis_Darko wrote:

...but I still prefer the original production because it is what Freddie wanted to publish


amen to that!


PS. btw, hi everyone, i'm a newbie here.




Apocalipsis_Darko user not visiting Queenzone.com
Apocalipsis_Darko
Bohemian: 725 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 19:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well Day dop, I want not to be arrogant, but I talked and met Mack and Mike Moran, closer friends of Freddie, and you must imagine what they think about this...
Don't you see the fuckin bad edition from Times waits....in cd single with cardboard and the picture disc single? And only you can buy it online...If QP would have all the rights, that song would be published as single in a lot of variations, and would be number1 in UK, but....Jim Beach has the rights of image and voice, but not the right of the music and lyrics from that song, and also not In my defense. That's why there are not in spotify in the compilation messenger of the gods....
Why Jim Beach is the secret hero in live aid movie adaptation? It was Trip Khalif...

Apocalipsis_Darko user not visiting Queenzone.com
Apocalipsis_Darko
Bohemian: 725 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Oct 19, 19:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, too much negative....its funny said that. This forum is like the world, there are great persons but a lot of persons trying to be the master of the fuckin universe....