add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Oct 19, 16:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gah! I like those songs

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2752 posts

Posted: 15 Oct 19, 17:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

K770i wrote:

@Dudeofqueen You obviously are no Queen fan and Freddie worked fucking hard on Mr Bad Guy he was very proud of that album and it has got some really strong songs on it.
Mercury always released strong material and i for one appreciate this album even if you don't.

He is a homophobic fuckwhit thats true

Posted: 15 Oct 19, 17:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

K770i wrote:

@Dudeofqueen You obviously are no Queen fan and Freddie worked fucking hard on Mr Bad Guy he was very proud of that album and it has got some really strong songs on it.
Mercury always released strong material and i for one appreciate this album even if you don't.

He is a homophobic fuckwhit thats true

cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3738 posts

Posted: 15 Oct 19, 19:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

cmsdrums wrote:

snelly1 wrote:

Listened to the new mix/re-record on vinyl. A few thoughts, it does sound fuller, better instrument separation, updated drums, bass and more prominent vocals with less reverb.
However, the mix is at times just WEIRD, things pop up suddenly louder seemingly out of nowhere, some synths seem way to loud, stereo field odd at times....nowhere near as good as the Abbey Road remix. Shame as some of these tracks could be real killers in the right hands.

What is the Abbey Road remix release you refer to? Other than the single release of ‘Living On My Own’ I’m not aware of any other release of Mr Bad Guy than the original version and subsequent remaster in the Freddie box set in 2000?

He is talking about the BEatles Re Release that came out 2 weeks ago not about a Queen/Freddie release

Ah I see - thanks!

dudeofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 827 posts

Posted: 16 Oct 19, 09:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70, re:

>He is a homophobic fuckwhit thats true

Even if it was, you're STILL unable to spell fuckwit despite having a couple of stabs at it.

Nice to see you've found a friend though; those Civil Partnerships are wonderful things and I wish you both all the happiness in the world in an ENTIRELY gender fluid, non-homophobic manner. I'll pop a present in the post to you and hope that you'll both be able to use both ends of it to the fullest.

FlorianS user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 330 posts

Posted: 16 Oct 19, 11:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I prefer the new mix. I remember being totally disapointed when I first listened to Mr. Bad Guy back in 92. Still the album is far from being a Masterpiece. but now I enjoy Man made Paradise - a song I could not stand for over 27 years.

Jazz+ user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jazz+
Deity: 2579 posts

Posted: 16 Oct 19, 18:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@dudeofqueen i grant you Delilah was awful but i excuse Fred for that because the great man was dying of Aids.
Mustapha Don try Suicide, Body Language are all great tracks, maybe nit in the concrete set Queen you love but that was the point of these tracks exploring new avenues and new sounds.
Staying Power was another great track and Freddie sounds cool on that track. Remember Queen doing that song at The Milton Keynes gig for The Tube tv show, brilliant.

Posted: 16 Oct 19, 18:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

After the first proper listen:

* The drums sound flat most of the time as expected by those youtube HD clips. I hate MMP and IWBTLY. The ballads sound fine. My Love is dangerous is ok. They try to hard to make the drums sound like ROger (On Fooling around for example). Mr Bad Guy (the song) sounds also way less pompous than it was intended to. Made In Heaven is ok and so is Let's turn it own.
The packing is very cheap. What is the "Special Edition" - only the remix? What if the put some additional pix in the booklet.

Got the Never Bring picture disc as well. Looking rather nice. Cannot hear very much difference in "Great Pretender". "Love Kills" is ok as well. The rest we all heard before.

Still do not think that they should re-touch stuff like this without the "Permission" by its creator. I doubt "Freddie would have loved it". Cash grab surely and even though I did not want to I bought MBG Cd//ALbum and NB PicDisc. All for the Jim beach pension fund......

Last thing: Still think the original MBG version is far superior to the Queen version, which is overblown and very patchy.

Nice to have an evening with this amazing voice again. Since QAL I haven't listened to Queen very much because it always upsets me what they are doing now and I don't like Maylor anymore.

ggo1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 281 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 19, 05:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote "Since QAL I haven't listened to Queen very much because it always upsets me what they are doing now and I don't like Maylor anymore."

Jeez, you'd never know. You should mention it more. :-)

ggo1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 281 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 19, 05:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@k770i. There can be no forgiveness for Delilah. It's only redeeming feature is that it isn't Man On The Prowl. When I get to Hell my punishment will be those two tracks on repeat forever.

dysan user not visiting Queenzone.com
dysan
Deity: 5640 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 19, 12:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Curious amount of editing you do on your posts.

dysan user not visiting Queenzone.com
dysan
Deity: 5640 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 19, 12:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes it's a terrible day today. Wet out and just can't really concentrate on anything.

dudeofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 827 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 19, 16:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Day dop, re:

>It definitely sounds better.

How does a pile of shit sound better than a pile of shit? Maybe it's raining where you are and the sound of the water splashing on your bedroom window is - somehow - improving the sound. Perhaps that's where we've all been going wrong; if we converted each track in to a 192 Kbps MP3 file and then re-constructed the album.

Think you might just have stumbled on something......

Posted: 17 Oct 19, 18:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Day dop wrote:

This made me laugh (because it's so fucking pathetic)...

runner_70 wrote:
Nice to have an evening with this amazing voice again. Since QAL I haven't listened to Queen very much because it always upsets me what they are doing now and I don't like Maylor anymore.

You protest way too much. You know you're never gonna get to suck Lambert's cock no matter how much you obsess over him, right?

You can keep your homophobic remarks to yourself you asshole

Posted: 17 Oct 19, 18:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It sounds patchy and totally flat. Especially IWBTLY's drums now sound like a cheap EDM beat you hear in lame disotheques. Surely not the way Freddie wanted it to sound.

aristide1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 595 posts

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 11:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Day dop wrote:

runner_70 wrote:
It sounds patchy and totally flat. Especially IWBTLY's drums now sound like a cheap EDM beat you hear in lame disotheques. Surely not the way Freddie wanted it to sound.

Again, you're still making the same backward claim ad nauseam.
No matter how many times you say the drums on the new version sound "flatter", it doesn't make it any more true.

Again, you're still making the same backward claim ad nauseam, that this thread is your sole property.
No matter how many times you vigorously reply to various "inconvenient" opinions, it doesn't make it any more true.

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 13:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lol good one

Jazz+ user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jazz+
Deity: 2579 posts

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 13:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@DayDop Runner70 is not moaning about the album but giving his opinion to which we are all entitled too.
You seem pretty adamant that you are right and Runner70 is wrong well i agree with Runner70 the album has been spoilt.
"Man Made Paradise" was always my favourite track on the album but the new mix makes the drums vanish into the background.
There is also a few more tracks that sound limp too.
Any Abba sound mixing guy would have made a better job 100%
Abba's production was always more superior to Queen's which is shocking as Queen were a rock band and Abba a pop group.

cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3738 posts

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 14:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

K770i wrote:

Any Abba sound mixing guy would have made a better job 100%
Abba's production was always more superior to Queen's which is shocking as Queen were a rock band and Abba a pop group.

The same ABBA whose drums sound like cardboard boxes??

Not that I'm in any way agreeing with you that ABBA's production was superior than Queen's (some track-by-track instances might exist but the inclusion of "always" makes that a laughable suggestion), but why shouldn't a pop artist sound better than a rock group? Some of the greatest sounding records in any given era have been 'pop' ones.

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 15:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This daydop guy is the most annoying tool after the AL loonies. It is like "My hamburger restaurant has the best meals on offer" - my gosh