Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Mr Bad Guy - Special edition

forum rss feed
Author

Jazz+ user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jazz+
Deity: 2571 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 16:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Seems like guys on here like Daydop and Cmsdrums are the ones who need to wise up.
Abba always produced clean cut sound on there records, and no muffling like what Freddie has on his new edition of Mr Bad Guy album,
Even "Live Killers" had appalling sound and Roger agreed on that one.
Probably the best Queen album with decent clear sound is "The Game" album
My opinion so do not say i am talking shit because your not god to judge.

dudeofqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 827 posts

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 16:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

K770i, re:

>Abba always produced clean cut sound on there records, and no muffling like what Freddie has on his new edition of Mr Bad Guy album,

You do realise Freddie is dead, don't you? He's responsible for nothing other than the lyrics, vocal recording and title on the album re-mix.

Did you get a copy of the Queen MIH album signed by him too? Genuine rarity that.......

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2747 posts

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 20:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Day dop wrote:

Another example (of many) of a rock album with ropy sound quality is Meat Loaf's Bat Out of Hell. I'm not a Jackson fan but Thriller is a far superior sounding recording. What about all the Lo-fi rock albums that sound like shit compared to well recorded pop albums?

BOOH has a ropy sound quality? What drugs are you on? It ewas produced in the 70's and has one of the best productions of this era. It is a legendary record production AND song wise.How could anyone compare it to Thriller? A pop album that came out years later where the recording equipment was totally different and the music is no pomp rock like Meat Loaf? You self called expert on sound are just a sad joke. I mean it. Pathetic really

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 20:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Other Queen albums that have decent enough sound quality are A Day At the Races, News of The World, and the sound quality of Hot Space isn't too bad either.

NOTW is the worst sounding Queen album after Jazz. They ent for a less pompous sound but the sound quality is very muddy

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 21:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Day dop wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

Other Queen albums that have decent enough sound quality are A Day At the Races, News of The World, and the sound quality of Hot Space isn't too bad either.

NOTW is the worst sounding Queen album after Jazz. They ent for a less pompous sound but the sound quality is very muddy

You are fucking clueless. News of The World doesn't sound "muddy" whatsoever. Fucking hell, you really have no idea. One could argue that News of the World is a little cold sounding, but "muddy"? No, far from it.

Queen albums with sound quality than News of The World (not including live albums).

Queen
Queen II
Sheer Heart Attack
A Night At The Opera
Jazz
A Kind of Magic
The Miracle
Innuendo

Again, that isn't about the music itself. It's about the sound quality, the recording of the album. How clear it is, how punchy it is, how separate the instruments are from one another etc etc etc. Stuff that goes way beyond your tiny brain.

You rally say Queen 1 sounds like Innuendo? You are a troll of the highest order - better to ognore you from now on as it is getting beyond pathetic

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 21:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Day dop wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

BOOH has a ropy sound quality? What drugs are you on? It ewas produced in the 70's and has one of the best productions of this era. It is a legendary record production AND song wise.How could anyone compare it to Thriller? A pop album that came out years later where the recording equipment was totally different and the music is no pomp rock like Meat Loaf? You self called expert on sound are just a sad joke. I mean it. Pathetic really

Bat Out of Hell came out in 1977. And it's well known that the sound quality on that album is poor.

1977, the same year as Fleetwood Mac's Rumours was released. But unlike Bat Out Of Hell, The sound quality on Rumour's is superb.

Dark Side of The Moon came out in 1973. FOUR YEARS EARLIER THAN BAT OUT OF HELL. And Dark Side of the Moon is regarded as one of the best rock recordings quality-wise out there.

Like I said, the idea that a pop recording can't or shouldn't be as good as a rock recording is absolute nonsense. Thriller is a much better recording than Bat out of Hell (again, it's not about the music, I don't even like Jackson's music. It's about sound quality).
Again, Dark Side of the Moon was released in 1973, and that is a WAY better recording than Bat Out of Hell.
So come again about Thriller? Do you see how fucking STUPID you're being yet again? How your brain-farts don't hold up under scrutiny? No, of course you don't. You never do.
It's as though you are incapable of differentiating the music itself and the sound quality. Why am I not surprised?
Despite yet another bullshit claim from you, that " You self called expert", at no point have I called myself an "expert". That said, I'm clearly more clued up than a complete idiot such as yourself. But it'd be difficult for anyone to be as bad (although you do have some competition here from the likes of aristide1).

I'm not surprised you think that Bat Out Of Hell has great sound quality, given that you've been clueless about everything else so far.

An uneducated thick as shit clown such as yourself with an ongoing unhealthy obsession over Adam Lambert is not in a good position to call anyone else "pathetic". You are a prime example of the very word.

You are just a sad shit stirring wankhole who compares Pink Floyd with Michael Jackson. I guess you own neither one record of both artists you sad dick

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 21:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Day dop wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

You are just a sad shit stirring wankhole who compares Pink Floyd with Michael Jackson. I guess you own neither one record of both artists you sad dick

Incorrect yet again.

I made no comparison between Pink Floyd and Michael Jackson.

I also pointed out that Thriller - a pop album - has superior sound quality to Bat Out of Hell.

Then after your brain fart of claiming it was because Thriller was released later, I pointed out that Dark Side of the Moon - an album released FOUR YEARS earlier than Bat Out Of Hell - also has far superior sound quality than Bat Out Of Hell.

Derp!

And no, I don't own Thriller anymore. I used to, hence I know the sound quality on that album is very good. But you wouldn't have to look far to see what people think of the recording...

"Thriller’s cultural and commercial significance is well documented, but Michael Jackson’s masterpiece is also one of the best-recorded and most immaculately produced albums of the 1980s."

https://www.stuff.tv/features/50-essential-albums-audiophiles

As for Dark Side of the Moon, I own a few versions of it. The 30th Anniversary edition on vinyl, and the SACD. I also own the 2011 reissue.

Stop using your wikipedia knowledge you copy and paste. You are already a laughing stock no need to prove it anymore dickhead

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 22:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Day dop wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

Stop using your wikipedia knowledge you copy and paste. You are already a laughing stock no need to prove it anymore dickhead

Incorrect yet again. Find the part I quoted from Wikipedia. Of course you can't. You just spew horseshit.

Here's an idea...
Why not spend the next few years obsessing over Lambert and harassing his fans online?
Your life has been that pointless and meaningless for the last few years, so I'm sure it'll be that pointless and meaningless for the next few years too, if not for the rest of your miserable life.

I would say you're a laughing stock, but that'd be like laughing at a train wreck.

Those 3 loones harass themselves. It is more fun watching a troll being a luaghing stock like yourself. "Innuendo" has a worse sould quality than NOTW lol - funny shit

Posted: 18 Oct 19, 22:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Because it hasn't you stupid dick. Anyone with common sense would say this. But live in your dream bubble - byebye

Jazz+

Posted: 19 Oct 19, 08:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DayDop : You really do not like other peoples opinion on here do you?
You have to attack others to justify your previous reply, tut tut.,
What does it matter what hi-fi system i have it will not make the new mix of Mr Bad Guy any better and it will still sound flat
and going back to Abba's production and mixing, yes there albums always sounded glossier compared to Queen's albums,
i was not comparing Queen with Abba over music content i was merely comparing the sound quality as a whole.
You may think Abba were boring but they were the best pop band in the 70s by miles.
Queen are a rock n roll band and represent the very best of there category !
I think you protest too much because you want to believe you are right and we are all wrong.
This topic would probably be a 50 / 50 split based on opinions.
Personally Justin Shirley Smith has butchered Freddie's brilliant Mr Bad Guy album, and should hang his head in shame.
Never make me boring, Freddie says, well they just have Fred !

dysan user not visiting Queenzone.com
dysan
Deity: 5631 posts

Posted: 19 Oct 19, 09:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As you correctly point out I don't have strong feelings either way so I feel I can assume the role of thread referee and point out that a couple of pages back you shared this link: https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/40/Appeal-to-Popularity

dysan user not visiting Queenzone.com
dysan
Deity: 5631 posts

Posted: 19 Oct 19, 12:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Aye agreed.

Jazz+

Posted: 19 Oct 19, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DayDop Its taken 12 pages or dispute on this topic and yet you are still screaming from the rooftops about how punchier you think Mr Bad Guy is to the original.
Well that is your opinion, but its taken 12 pages of your drivel and you keep repeating again and again........ yawn yawn.........
Sorry if you think Abba are boring but Freddie loved them.

Posted: 19 Oct 19, 15:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

K770i wrote:

DayDop Its taken 12 pages or dispute on this topic and yet you are still screaming from the rooftops about how punchier you think Mr Bad Guy is to the original.
Well that is your opinion, but its taken 12 pages of your drivel and you keep repeating again and again........ yawn yawn.........

It is better to ignore that prick. Which is what I will do from now on. You should as well. AS soon as he has no stage for his drivel anymore he will use mommy's internet in his basement flat for other purposes than to troll on QZ

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this message is...
matt z
Deity: 4475 posts

Posted: 21 Oct 19, 15:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, ...

You can dance. You can jive, having the time of your life.

Derailed thread.

I haven't heard the entire album. The way I'm spending my money these days? I maY not hear it in the next 3 years

"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHT!"

Jazz+

Posted: 21 Oct 19, 16:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Daydop You are still here harassing everyone that disagrees with your ridiculous assumptions of the badly mixed FM album.
Give it rest and move on dude.
Justin Shirley Smith is bad sound mixer and i hope other artists do not have the unfortunate bad luck of working with him.

Posted: 21 Oct 19, 21:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

K770i wrote:

Personally Justin Shirley Smith has butchered Freddie's brilliant Mr Bad Guy album, and should hang his head in shame.
Never make me boring, Freddie says, well they just have Fred !

Nothing left to say really. I listened to it once and doubt I will again

Posted: 21 Oct 19, 21:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

K770i wrote:

I think you should give it up. He is an annoying asshole desperately seeking attention. Case closed

Dr Magus user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 628 posts

Posted: 22 Oct 19, 10:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm looking forward to hearing Mr Bad Guy again.

Posted: 22 Oct 19, 11:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dr Magus wrote:

I'm looking forward to hearing Mr Bad Guy again.

Listen to the original. It has more power and sounds fresher than this flat product just released