Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > lip syncing?

forum rss feed
Author

thetman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 90 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Oct 19, 23:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

not sure what is goin on here...
around the 2.37 mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A1KMbL-4Ac

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4313 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Oct 19, 00:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can you post that link without the “s” after the “http” so I can bring it up? Thanks!



Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 4145 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Oct 19, 00:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It looks like lip syncing to me.
SweetCaroline, same video has been posted on QOL, so you don't need to pretend you can't watch it.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4313 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Oct 19, 00:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So thetman is the Milkman?

I watched it and I still see Adam singing the song and not lip synching.



Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 4145 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Oct 19, 01:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

So thetman is the Milkman?

I watched it and I still see Adam singing the song and not lip synching.



Good God, you are paranoid through and through. The same video was posted on both Queen boards. Yet you of course think someone is someone else once again . FFS, get the fk over it. How many claims do you make about Queen fans, ,literally 100s by now.

Of course you think AL is not lip syncing...because you are too blind to notice things that go wrong even when pointed out to you. Like how can you deny something didn't go right here ...but I guess you want people to believe everything is perfect. Anything to deflect from that he messed up. So go on, accuse a poster of being someone else, say I'm stalking you, whateve you can think of, just so you can pretend this performance was perfect. It wasn't. Deal with it, because your wannabe son isn't so perfect after all.
Man, you live in fantasy land, I'm not even joking.


snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1219 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Oct 19, 03:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe he had already started getting ill. I mentioned on here somewhere how much he was sweating that night. That could have been the start of the illness. Whatever it is/was, it must have been bad for him to cancel all those performances. Before everyone gets on their high horses, maybe there is a logical explanation and he might have had something pretty bad. I have no clue, but that would be a logical conclusion because nothing else would make sense. It has nothing to do with being perfect. No one is perfect and no one should expect them to be. People mess up, Icy and even the ever wonderful Freddie messed up and that is fine always with you, but others mess up too. That is part of being human, which I have decided you are not, since you never take anyone's feeling into account and always think something bad about everyone.

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this message is...
matt z
Deity: 4469 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Oct 19, 03:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CUT AND PASTEDfrom my own response

Nope. Not at all. It's just some delay that probably happened in processing/uploading the video. There's about a 3 sec sync issue. If i were on something more than a mobile it'd be much clearer. 

The video and audio are just out of sync 




"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHT!"

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this message is...
matt z
Deity: 4469 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Oct 19, 03:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'll watch (*the horror! Shivers ;) ) An additional posting of this video to confirm or deny that it's just a syncing issue with the video.


"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHT!"

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 4145 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Oct 19, 03:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Maybe he had already started getting ill. I mentioned on here somewhere how much he was sweating that night. That could have been the start of the illness. Whatever it is/was, it must have been bad for him to cancel all those performances. Before everyone gets on their high horses, maybe there is a logical explanation and he might have had something pretty bad. I have no clue, but that would be a logical conclusion because nothing else would make sense. It has nothing to do with being perfect. No one is perfect and no one should expect them to be. People mess up, Icy and even the ever wonderful Freddie messed up and that is fine always with you, but others mess up too. That is part of being human, which I have decided you are not, since you never take anyone's feeling into account and always think something bad about everyone.


Apparently he sweats alot when singing, especially the harder songs and longer shows. I don't think him sweating here is unusual. I said maybe he had an off night, it could be possible.
Yes, I know Freddie messed up, i have admitted to that before, but does that make you feel AL is better or something, because you always deflect about Freddie. You are telling me something that I already know.
Oh, you decided I'm not human...wtf are you on? Deflecting again, I figure. Man, you truly think so little of me obviously. You decided I'm ot human, what a fucked up thing to say. Really, you are batshit crazy and a sparkle cow, you are another one to prove that today.
Fact is, some things didn't go right during this performance, whether you admit to that or not. Because some of uss know here, you and SweetCaroline can never admit to certain things. Even with the proof staring you both in the face.
You want to go there about me thinking bad about everyone, that's bullshit and if you read my posts for 10 years like you claim, you'd know that's not true. But hey, that doesn't suit your agenda, does it? You and I had at least some good and civil talks at least, and I thank you for that. Remember though, you came here wanting me to be banned from both Queen boards, and you have no issue with what SweetCaroline says about me. I can't even remember the last time she has shown the least bit of kindness or empathy to me. Keep that in mind if you want to play that game. But you won't of course. You are just livid that I speak my mind, call bullshit out that you and SweetCaroline do. Cause you both have the guts to do it on QOL, because you both are too chicken shit. No wonder why you two run and spread crap here.

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this message is...
matt z
Deity: 4469 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Oct 19, 03:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You know what.

UPON FURTHER REVIEW

1) WATCHING THE SCROLLING SCREEN as a timetable (*it never altered rhythm)

2) hearing audience testimonials (*last 5 seconds you hear "is the audio out of sync"? From a Napoleon Dynamite sounding guy.


3)

THEY MIMED THE PERFORMANCE! !!
HOLY SHIT!

YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!

i take it back.

Goddamm i want my $350 back from four tickets on the last Tour


"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHT!"

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2747 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Oct 19, 04:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Those saying it was "ECHO": Since when does the Echo come BEFORE someone has been singing - clearly lip syncing to a backing tape. Sad!

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this message is...
matt z
Deity: 4469 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Oct 19, 05:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I had thought that Brian's playing looked and sounded "un live" when i saw them first at 2014/Inglewood..... i hope this doesn't go far back into tours and was only owing to staging from the fact they shared the stage with so many others (i.e. precautionary)

Feels like they did it and the pro tools tracks were dropped into the wrong time coding.

That's why Adams vocal (*he never MADE THE PHYSICAL EFFORT OF YELLING PRIOR and the song tempo never stopped while it WAS in sync) emerges from out of nowhere.


This is pretty shocking.

I hope I'm just exhausted or something but it seems to be legit.

Especially the first-hand interjecting comments.
Wowzer!

Thoughts???


"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHT!"

ACCR user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 83 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Oct 19, 05:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

People!!
If you analyze.. probably the situation was that they use a backing vocal tape in case something could be wrong with sound... normally festivals have many problems with the sound.. as you know.. it's not the same preparation of a normal concert.. many artists, changes in audios, equipment, etc...
Could be that this security tape was activated by mistake.. but I guarantee that they was playing-singing live (I was in front row)... and it was an amazing show!!!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 4145 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Oct 19, 06:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

matt z wrote:

I had thought that Brian's playing looked and sounded "un live" when i saw them first at 2014/Inglewood..... i hope this doesn't go far back into tours and was only owing to staging from the fact they shared the stage with so many others (i.e. precautionary)

Feels like they did it and the pro tools tracks were dropped into the wrong time coding.

That's why Adams vocal (*he never MADE THE PHYSICAL EFFORT OF YELLING PRIOR and the song tempo never stopped while it WAS in sync) emerges from out of nowhere.


This is pretty shocking.

I hope I'm just exhausted or something but it seems to be legit.

Especially the first-hand interjecting comments.
Wowzer!

Thoughts???


Whatever it was... not good. Something was off here.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2059 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Oct 19, 07:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ACCR wrote:

People!!
If you analyze.. probably the situation was that they use a backing vocal tape in case something could be wrong with sound... normally festivals have many problems with the sound.. as you know.. it's not the same preparation of a normal concert.. many artists, changes in audios, equipment, etc...
Could be that this security tape was activated by mistake.. but I guarantee that they was playing-singing live (I was in front row)... and it was an amazing show!!!


I agree, I've seen them live and it was 100% live, I can tell lip sync and fake playing when I see it and there's no way Adam would lip sync entire concerts on tour, to my knowledge he's only ever lip synced a performance once and that was forced on him he had no say. Brian & Roger wouldn't fake play, that's a completely ridiculous concept.



21st Century Music Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
21st Century Music Fan
Bohemian: 358 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Oct 19, 07:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's a tape in the background for certain but it's definently not for lip synching. It's a security or reherase tape that they had recorded and someone accidently played it. (Perhaps they were going to change the video on the screen...) I split this point 50/50 for Q+AL supporters and Q+AL haters.

So if it's lip synched, how come Adam's lead vocal suddenly loudens by quite a bit when his microphone gets turned up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well all those who moan at everything they Q+AL are so negative they don't come across as particulary encouraging the enlargening Queen fan base at all. They just care about themselves. If you want Queen to have legendary status and to last forever then this is how you do it.

The haters wait on here everyday hoping that they can't make a really negative point to prove everyone wrong so when an opportunity like this crops up of course they are going to select the worse case scenario.

Believe me I can see some of your negative points about Queen + Adam Lambert are true or at least partly, but you'd shouldn't be that negative as it's doing such a great thing to the band. If you don't agree, selfish...

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 4145 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Oct 19, 07:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

21st Century Music Fan wrote:

It's a tape in the background for certain but it's definently not for lip synching. It's a security or reherase tape that they had recorded and someone accidently played it. (Perhaps they were going to change the video on the screen...) I split this point 50/50 for Q+AL supporters and Q+AL haters.

So if it's lip synched, how come Adam's lead vocal suddenly loudens by quite a bit when his microphone gets turned up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well all those who moan at everything they Q+AL are so negative they don't come across as particulary encouraging the enlargening Queen fan base at all. They just care about themselves. If you want Queen to have legendary status and to last forever then this is how you do it.

The haters wait on here everyday hoping that they can't make a really negative point to prove everyone wrong so when an opportunity like this crops up of course they are going to select the worse case scenario.

Believe me I can see some of your negative points about Queen + Adam Lambert are true or at least partly, but you'd shouldn't be that negative as it's doing such a great thing to the band. If you don't agree, selfish...



Why must it always come back to negativity and haters?
Some Glamberts are worse than the 'big bad Queen fans'. When a Queen fan says someone is like Hitler and the Gestapo, then come back to me. When a Queen fan says on Queen boards that Queen fans didn't accept all because he's gay, and Queen fans wanted Brian Roger and John to die with Freddie, then come back to me.
A Glambert that goes by SweetCaroline here and CNB on QOL posted that and spread that shit and ugly lies on Queen boards. It doesn't do anything for AL, or to help him, that's for sure, and it's things like that which turn people from wanting to support him. And that's due to SweetCaroline aka CNB who has an ax to grind about Queen fans as a whole, not just me. She hates me that's for sure, she's admitted to that, but going by her outbursts about Queen fans, it's safe to say she hates all Queen fans too. What the heck is she even doing here and on QOL...she gotta promote and spam about AL and label Queen fans. Then cry wolf when she can't get her own way. That's it in a nutshell.
Saying AL is a not so good singer, even a bad singer or that he looks like a freak has nothing on SweetCaroline aka CNBs wrath. Just so you know. She will come here thanking you for posting and her innocent act again.
If SweetCaroline thought for a minute that Sam Smith or Adele were lip syncing, she'd be crowing and bitching about it, because she simply thinks they were and are competition for AL. But when something goes wrong for AL or Q+AL she can never admit or even realise it, because she doesn''t "notice". I truly think she wants as many people as possible to think and to state everything is always perfect even when it's not. Something went wrong in Q+AL's set here, it's even more obvious now. I don't know how it can be denied.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2059 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Oct 19, 07:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

matt z wrote:

You know what.

UPON FURTHER REVIEW

1) WATCHING THE SCROLLING SCREEN as a timetable (*it never altered rhythm)

2) hearing audience testimonials (*last 5 seconds you hear "is the audio out of sync"? From a Napoleon Dynamite sounding guy.


3)

THEY MIMED THE PERFORMANCE! !!
HOLY SHIT!

YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!

i take it back.

Goddamm i want my $350 back from four tickets on the last Tour


You can't seriously think they mime and don't play live on tour!! There's no way they lip sync and don't play live on tour and there's a ton of evidence of it on Youtube. Just watched that vid and judging from comments by people at the show and the other one that was posted at the time live it looks like someone activated a playback track part way through and it was out of sync because Adam wouldn't be singing playback so it didn't match what they were doing at the time. There's no way Adam lip sync's performances. They'd been having sound issues the day before and during rehearsal, no idea if they were using a different sound tech than usual but it's obvious something was activated that shouldn't have been IMO.


rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2059 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Oct 19, 07:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ACCR wrote:

People!!
If you analyze.. probably the situation was that they use a backing vocal tape in case something could be wrong with sound... normally festivals have many problems with the sound.. as you know.. it's not the same preparation of a normal concert.. many artists, changes in audios, equipment, etc...
Could be that this security tape was activated by mistake.. but I guarantee that they was playing-singing live (I was in front row)... and it was an amazing show!!!


They will have tracks for the guys who are setting up the lighting, lazers and spotlights etc, everything is so tightly choreographed they'd have to be able to get it all set up without the band there in between gigs so it would be ready and seamless for each show but obviously stuff can go wrong and especially if it was a different sound tech guy. There's no way they don't play/sing live.



snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1219 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Oct 19, 12:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, no fans of Adam and QAL are saying the performance was perfect or any such nonsense. There were issues and personally, I think it had to do with the sound people. I have also seen them live 3 times and there was no lip synching. You can hear when Adam cracks up laughing or makes a remark or Brian snaps a string. No one says they are perfect all the time. That is in your mind as you are always so busy trying to find something wrong with them and their performances. Other people can hear a blooper or some mistake and still say it was magical and perfect. Other people can overlook a tiny little flaw in a great big show where everything was as wonderful as it could be and still say ,"Oh it was "perfect". Your standards are way too high. That is why you can't enjoy anything because nothing is ever perfect.