Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > If Freddie was alive...

forum rss feed
Author

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10795 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Oct 19, 20:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Metropolis wrote:

- would Queen still be touring?

I highly doubt it.

- would there have been more albums?

Probably

- would there still be Made In Heaven?

The only reason why the album was made is that Freddie wanted them to do something.

- would there still be a Bohemian Rhapsody movie?

Highly doubtful.

- would Freddie and Monserate Cabelle performed together live at the 1992 Barcelona Olympics?

Possibly.

- would John still have retired?

I don't doubt that. Check any late 80's interview with John, that guy wanted out.

- would Queen have returned to America? (Possibly from the success of Wayne’s World?)

Probably

- would Queen have broke up eventually?

Probably not. Bands who are not able to find new interests or hate each other break up, Queen were brilliant in avoiding that. It's possible John would retire and be replaced by another bass player.

Just some theoretical things that might have happened if Freddie didn’t die from AIDS in 1991 and still is alive today. Which ones do you think could have happened?

Wouldn't the general discussion be better for this?

k-m user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 662 posts

Posted: 19 Oct 19, 23:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Metropolis wrote:

k-m wrote:

Gosh, please stop it. So it happens in showbiz that they keep changing their mind up all the time. Considering how unique Freddie was as a global superstar, I think it's fair to say no-one knew what really came next. And that's what never made him boring, not the hopeless reissues and interviews from 35 years ago. Sorry to be brutal, but this fucking dementia has to end!

It’s just a bit of speculation. I’m sorry if you feel so strongly about me wondering these things and sharing them with the community.

Sorry mate, I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to folk who find snippets of old interviews and quote them like it was some undeniable proof relevant until this day. And people who write elaborate pieces on what "would have been", fantasising about Queen recording such and such albums and doing this and that. It gets pretty tedious at times.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2747 posts

Posted: 20 Oct 19, 06:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well there is a certain guy around doing Queen covers with a ladyboy on vocals for years now telling everyone "Freddie would have loved it". Same thing

dysan user not visiting Queenzone.com
dysan
Deity: 5612 posts

Posted: 20 Oct 19, 09:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Further to my Everett - Wheeler model hypothesis, I think depending how far removed this reality is from the one where Freddie didn't get ill there would be some parallels - for example, the timeline of albums and tours would match. The final album and split by 1995, the big reunion in 2005 and another in 2012.