Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > The best live singer on the planet!

forum rss feed
Author

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 211 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 06:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is studio, but a great example of Lambert's skill, even showcases some falsetto, but goes right back into it head on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3iu4z2qdA0

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5130 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 06:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

And I'm not even saying definitively Dimash is the best male singer. I'm only using him as evidence Adam is not. And I truly do like Adam and think he is a great singer. I am welcome to other's suggestions for best singer. I'm becoming a fan of Myles Kennedy now thanks to Holly. I guess my point here is that I don't like the premise of this thread, no matter how good a singer is. It's difficult to say who is the best live singer. There are 7 billion people here, so don't neglect Asia when you make that claim. No one really knows. All I can say is, from what I've heard in my lifetime, Dimash is the most skilled singer technically I've had the privelidge to hear. But I'm always welcome to hear more, and I love several vocalists.

I'd give some examples who I think is the best, but SweetCaroline would bitch me out for doing so. Actually, to heck with what she thinks. Gary Cherone is a pretty good singer, and so is Brandon Flowers. George Michael was the best in recent years...I swear he can still blow me away. I think he was the best since 1991.
I love Elton John and Ozzy Osborne, although I wouldn't call them the best, they rank high for me.
It's good you gave the example of Dimash. Nothing about him seems "forced" if that makes sense. He's actually a very good example of a powerful voice with emotion along with it...with is sometimes hard to do.
I don't know why anyone would ever listen and watch just one artist...there is a lot of great music out there. I'm glad you love other artists as well, can you tell me who they are? I'm interested.

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 211 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 07:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

unfortunately, I have a bias against gary cherone, after the van halen thing.That boogie man line killed me for him. I know that's not fair, and I'lll give him another chance. But I haven't listened to him in 20 years because of Van Halen. I know that's bad. I do enjoy Brandon Flowere as well, especially the first 3 Killer albums. My favorite is the "I got soul but I'm no a soldier" song. But Brandon is not the one hitting the high notes there.

Now of course, George Michael. He is above Lambert for me. Just listen to Praying for Time. It's the best performed song ever on American Idol in my opinion. And he was sick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAyiaOtnSCA

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 09:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli wrote:

This is studio, but a great example of Lambert's skill, even showcases some falsetto, but goes right back into it head on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3iu4z2qdA0

One of my faves, love the drop off and the use of different techniques, truly shows his technical skill. That Dimash one, not sure if Adam could do the B5 that way but to be fair it's a completely different style of singing and therefore technique to when Adam's hit B5's so he probably could if doing opera style but 6th octave - doubtful, I've certainly never heard him do 6th octave notes at all though apparently he has in a studio when messing about but that's not the same as doing it live night after night. My guess is he probably could train himself to if he wanted and was prepared to put the work in but he's said numerous times he has no interest in what note he can hit or hitting a certain note for the sake of it, he just doesn't seem bothered by that and is more interested in just singing whatever he's doing the best he can.

I agree about the best singer thing, there's no one best singer IMO there's tons of great singers, some better at certain things than others but overall I listen to lots of music and some aren't technically the best but I still love their voice, really don't see the point in comparing one to another I just listen to what I like and don't really pick them apart but I can appreciate good technical skill even when I'm not necessarily keen on their tone or their style of music.

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 09:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

MisterCosmicc wrote:

When the world ends, thousands and thousands and thousands of people will be listening to Freddie sing.

Adam won’t even be a memory.

You make me think of a few things. When I had monumental things in my life happen , Freddie and Queen is some of the music that I turned too. When my father was dying, DOOL was the song I played over and over, and I was thinking of even playing it at his funeral . Never even crossed my mind to play Lambert, he has no song that "fits" something like that if it makes sense. I do think he will be pretty much forgotten in years to come, but I will say I think he had some promise, but he put Q+AL first. I think he stalled his own career.

So because you and Cosmicc don't rate Adam no one will lol. Tons of Adam's fans get the same feeling from Adam as you do from Freddie, just because none of his songs fit your feelings doesn't mean there's not songs of his that other people don't connect to and his voice makes tons of people feel happy when they're going through a rough patch, in fact there's tons of people who claim he his music and voice help them through all sorts of things, just like there'll be tons of people who say the same about every artist out there, no idea what's so hard to understand about that, so no he won't be forgotten by the people he matters to just like Freddie won't by you.

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 09:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

When the world ends, thousands and thousands and thousands of people will be listening to Freddie sing.

Has to be one of your most idiotic comments yet, really on a roll with the idiocy on this thread!!

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5032 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 10:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When I started this thread, I was referring to the here and now, not to singers who are no longer here or who will be here in the future. Of course, I was not including Freddie or George Michael or anyone else who is deceased. And .... I’m talking about LIVE performances, not those that are recorded.

I’m just waking up so haven’t played the links posted by Brancelli.

One more thing, Miss Icy, I have never said anything derogatory about your parents and you know it. My comments were about YOU, not them!

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5922 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 10:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

When I started this thread, I was ...

... intending to promote Lambert again, and wasn't interested in hearing any other point of view.

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
SweetCaroline

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 10:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When Adam was performing “My Conviction” he was purposely putting on a very female and effeminate voice for the part he was playing, but that isn’t how he normally sings. Also, when I was thinking of the best live performer, it wasn’t based on who could hit the highest notes. Someone posted another link in which Michael Jackson was listed as the No. 1 live performer. Again, he is unfortunately no longer with us and I was talking about the men who are still here, not the best of all time.

When I was playing the “My Conviction” link, some other YouTube links came up that I hadn’t seen before. Here is one of them:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XBHPDGqUWD0&t=267s#menu

SweetCaroline

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 11:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Whoa, just played Dimash singing “Hello.” That was pretty awesome! Hmmm, do I have to eat my words? Maybe we need a sing off!

Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 11:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bit too Satanic for me...

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1453 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 12:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

MisterCosmicc wrote:

Has to be one of your most idiotic comments yet, really on a roll with the idiocy on this thread!!

It's one of my greatest, most honest statements.

You doubt that Freddie will be listened to when the world ends? That's the most idiotic thought you ever had. Considering Freddie is constantly listened to, and gets more fans every year, and radio stations are playing his music 24/7, and people listen to Queen's CD's, cassettes, vinyl records, downloads, videos, all 24/7... Freddie will be listened to as the world ends. People may be in fear, pain, or at peace... but Freddie will be the last thing they hear as they take their last breath.

Hotdog
Iron Butterfly

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 12:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

When I started this thread, I was referring to the here and now, not to singers who are no longer here or who will be here in the future. Of course, I was not including Freddie or George Michael or anyone else who is deceased. And .... I’m talking about LIVE performances, not those that are recorded.

I’m just waking up so haven’t played the links posted by Brancelli.

One more thing, Miss Icy, I have never said anything derogatory about your parents and you know it. My comments were about YOU, not them!

WheNo you started this thread and throughout it, you wanted to spam and promote AL...once again. It's what you do, and as it's now known, you do it on purpose to annoy because you don't like what is said about AL by some.
I mentioned Gary Cherone and Brandon Flowers, both artists that is still alive. I also mentioned George Michael who throughout his life was one of the best pop vocalists ever. If I mentioned Adele, you would have had a shit fit, but I think she's one of the best in recent years. Annie Lennox is another great voice. I guess you will say female artists don't matter or bitch about Adele once again.

You are a hateful bitch, and an old bat for having dragged my parents into your hate for me. You used them to have a go at me. I think you are stuck in your ways, but it's beyond that because of what you say about me, its pure evil and vindictness on your part, Miss Sour Caroline. I don't think you are aware or care about what you say at all since you do it without a thought,but spamming promoting, shit stirring is all you do. Well at least it's known why you do it, and have done it Thank you rockchic for letting that be known. You cant even admit to spamming and promoting AL just because you don't like what some say about AL, that's exactly what I knew you were doing for years, but one of your fellow AL fans let it slip. Pretty bad when someone on the same side as you let's things slip, eh.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 12:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

MisterCosmicc wrote:

You make me think of a few things. When I had monumental things in my life happen , Freddie and Queen is some of the music that I turned too. When my father was dying, DOOL was the song I played over and over, and I was thinking of even playing it at his funeral . Never even crossed my mind to play Lambert, he has no song that "fits" something like that if it makes sense. I do think he will be pretty much forgotten in years to come, but I will say I think he had some promise, but he put Q+AL first. I think he stalled his own career.

So because you and Cosmicc don't rate Adam no one will lol. Tons of Adam's fans get the same feeling from Adam as you do from Freddie, just because none of his songs fit your feelings doesn't mean there's not songs of his that other people don't connect to and his voice makes tons of people feel happy when they're going through a rough patch, in fact there's tons of people who claim he his music and voice help them through all sorts of things, just like there'll be tons of people who say the same about every artist out there, no idea what's so hard to understand about that, so no he won't be forgotten by the people he matters to just like Freddie won't by you.

What I feel about Freddie is nothing like what some people feel about AL. Do you see me going on about how sexy Freddie looked? Or posting pics of Freddie as a young child? That alone is different, at least I can say I admire and respect Freddie for his talent, and courage instead of how he looked.
Feel Something was the most powerful and honest I've heard AL be, I give him kudos for that.
But will it be playing on radio as a classic pop artist and talked about years from now, I don't think so, and I'm pretty sure his mediocre edm music won't be played, nor will his covers. In many years ways, he is a pretty forgettable artist. Even with Brian and Roger, plus the Queen legacy isn't able to tour make his music sell a great deal of his music. Instead there are some Glamberts always repeating his music and videos just to try to boost his numbers.

MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1453 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I’ve never heard Adam mentioned on the radio except if it was Queen related about touring with Brian and Roger. Adam had a lot of strong sales when he first started releasing music, but those fans moved away from his music. Adam is most known right now for American Idol, but even more so for Queen. Adam doesn’t produce, write, or play an instrument. He’s not musically inclined. He’s made no ground breaking achievements. He doesn’t have even one signature song that everyone knows. Adam’s last six or seven singles failed. Why is that? Because his music is terrible and the public isn’t interested.

Adam Lambert won’t even be a memory in 1,000 years. Supah Powah will not be played on the radio in a thousand years.

There will be documentaries and books about Queen, maybe Adam will be mentioned for performing with Queen after Friday died, but by then I doubt it. The main interest in Queen has and always will be Freddie Mercury.

Hotdog
SweetCaroline

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 16:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, Adele is not the best LIVE singer. She has Grammys for her autotuned recordings!

Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 17:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Whereas Lambert has ZERO Grammys for his autotuned recordings!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 17:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Right! He is a better LIVE singer! LOL

Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 18:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's a very narrow corner you've painted yourself into.

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 18:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

I’ve never heard Adam mentioned on the radio except if it was Queen related about touring with Brian and Roger.

Really

http://twitter.com/CapitalOfficial/status/1176132783791575040

So you completely missed all the radio stations he's visited in the last couple of months in the UK, Germany and the US then.