Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > The best live singer on the planet!

forum rss feed
Author

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2427 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 18:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

It's one of my greatest, most honest statements.

You doubt that Freddie will be listened to when the world ends? That's the most idiotic thought you ever had. Considering Freddie is constantly listened to, and gets more fans every year, and radio stations are playing his music 24/7, and people listen to Queen's CD's, cassettes, vinyl records, downloads, videos, all 24/7... Freddie will be listened to as the world ends. People may be in fear, pain, or at peace... but Freddie will be the last thing they hear as they take their last breath.

No I don't doubt Freddie will be listened to for years to come - no idea when the world will end though but to imply that Freddie will be listened to but Adam won't even be a memory is idiotic, he'll be a memory to the people he matters to - just because that's not you doesn't mean he doesn't matter to others, there's plenty people feel exactly the same way about Adam as you and others do about Freddie - in other words it's your pissing contest on Freddie's behalf that's idiotic!!!

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 19:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

What I feel about Freddie is nothing like what some people feel about AL. Do you see me going on about how sexy Freddie looked? Or posting pics of Freddie as a young child? That alone is different, at least I can say I admire and respect Freddie for his talent, and courage instead of how he looked.
Feel Something was the most powerful and honest I've heard AL be, I give him kudos for that.
But will it be playing on radio as a classic pop artist and talked about years from now, I don't think so, and I'm pretty sure his mediocre edm music won't be played, nor will his covers. In many years ways, he is a pretty forgettable artist. Even with Brian and Roger, plus the Queen legacy isn't able to tour make his music sell a great deal of his music. Instead there are some Glamberts always repeating his music and videos just to try to boost his numbers.

I was talking about how Adam's music, voice and him as a person affects people in the same way Freddie did you and others and no doubt lots of artists do their fans, to say he's forgettable is idiotic, he's not the least bit forgettable to the people who love him any more than Freddie is to you - there's plenty people don't care for Queen or Freddie and think he was crap, he's pretty forgettable to them, it's all relative and when you try to make out Adam isn't important to people just because he's not important to you it sounds stupid especially considering the number of comments to the contrary all over his vids, facebook, twitter and plenty random comments on twitter as well, clearly he matters to lots of people but no one artist matters to everyone not even Freddie. Why does it have to be a pissing contest all time - that's what's so pathetic about the whole subject.

AngelR user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 95 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 19:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen had zero Grammys while they were an active band. Not sure if Freddie's solo work was ever nominated? Wasn't it a big flop considering his popularity? Adam Lambert has a Grammy nomination for the best male vocals though. :-)

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5120 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 19:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

What I feel about Freddie is nothing like what some people feel about AL. Do you see me going on about how sexy Freddie looked? Or posting pics of Freddie as a young child? That alone is different, at least I can say I admire and respect Freddie for his talent, and courage instead of how he looked.
Feel Something was the most powerful and honest I've heard AL be, I give him kudos for that.
But will it be playing on radio as a classic pop artist and talked about years from now, I don't think so, and I'm pretty sure his mediocre edm music won't be played, nor will his covers. In many years ways, he is a pretty forgettable artist. Even with Brian and Roger, plus the Queen legacy isn't able to tour make his music sell a great deal of his music. Instead there are some Glamberts always repeating his music and videos just to try to boost his numbers.

I was talking about how Adam's music, voice and him as a person affects people in the same way Freddie did you and others and no doubt lots of artists do their fans, to say he's forgettable is idiotic, he's not the least bit forgettable to the people who love him any more than Freddie is to you - there's plenty people don't care for Queen or Freddie and think he was crap, he's pretty forgettable to them, it's all relative and when you try to make out Adam isn't important to people just because he's not important to you it sounds stupid especially considering the number of comments to the contrary all over his vids, facebook, twitter and plenty random comments on twitter as well, clearly he matters to lots of people but no one artist matters to everyone not even Freddie. Why does it have to be a pissing contest all time - that's what's so pathetic about the whole subject.

My whole music m world does revolve around Lambert, I'm actually glad that I like other artists Mohan just him. I do think he is a forgettable artist and I doubt 10, 20 years from now that people still will be playing and talking about him.
Ok, I take some of what I said back. I'm sure he matters to his fans.
Why is a pissing contest, look at the thread title...but don't worry I know that was done to annoy because SweetCaroline didn't like what was said about AL. Besides, not as if she has great musical knowlege to know there are better singer gers out there than Lambert.

MisterCosmicc user is on Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1430 posts

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 19:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

MisterCosmicc wrote:

I’ve never heard Adam mentioned on the radio except if it was Queen related about touring with Brian and Roger.

Really

http://twitter.com/CapitalOfficial/status/1176132783791575040

So you completely missed all the radio stations he's visited in the last couple of months in the UK, Germany and the US then.

I'm not a UK resident, but I must say... all those visits and still no one would buy his music?!

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 19:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

MisterCosmicc wrote:

It's one of my greatest, most honest statements.

You doubt that Freddie will be listened to when the world ends? That's the most idiotic thought you ever had. Considering Freddie is constantly listened to, and gets more fans every year, and radio stations are playing his music 24/7, and people listen to Queen's CD's, cassettes, vinyl records, downloads, videos, all 24/7... Freddie will be listened to as the world ends. People may be in fear, pain, or at peace... but Freddie will be the last thing they hear as they take their last breath.

No I don't doubt Freddie will be listened to for years to come - no idea when the world will end though but to imply that Freddie will be listened to but Adam won't even be a memory is idiotic, he'll be a memory to the people he matters to - just because that's not you doesn't mean he doesn't matter to others, there's plenty people feel exactly the same way about Adam as you and others do about Freddie - in other words it's your pissing contest on Freddie's behalf that's idiotic!!!

I love how you are so offended by this. However, look at Adam's last six or seven singles... he's already nearly forgotten musically. It'll be even more so in a hundred or a thousand years. Adam Worshippers will be long gone.

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 19:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AngelR wrote:

Queen had zero Grammys while they were an active band. Not sure if Freddie's solo work was ever nominated? Wasn't it a big flop considering his popularity? Adam Lambert has a Grammy nomination for the best male vocals though. :-)

Queen had a nomination for best single in 1980 with Another One Bites The Dust, but lost to Bob Seger's ALBUM, Against The Wind. That doesn't make sense to put a single up against an album, does it? But, that's exactly what happened.

Hotdog
Iron Butterfly

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 19:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

No, Adele is not the best LIVE singer. She has Grammys for her autotuned recordings!

And there you go, off sniping about Adele and her Grammys again.

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 19:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

I love how you are so offended by this. However, look at Adam's last six or seven singles... he's already nearly forgotten musically. It'll be even more so in a hundred or a thousand years. Adam Worshippers will be long gone.

I love how you think you know everything about music yet seem completely oblivious to how music works these days - if you don't have the number of followers of a Swift or Sheeran et al you don't often get an instant hit but that doesn't mean you're forgotten and since when did you have to have a massive hit to have fans who want to see you live on tour? You really sound obsessed and insane about now, you talk about Adam far more than any glambert.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 19:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AngelR wrote:

So is Grammys that important for you as an AL fan?
Let's see if this year AL will be nominated for Grammys, or even one. Somehow I doubt it.
;-)

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 19:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

I'm not a UK resident, but I must say... all those visits and still no one would buy his music?!

So you imagine people constantly buy music now instead of streaming do you? And why does his music shoot up the itunes chart every time he does an appearance like Strictly over here or The Talk in the US?

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 19:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

AngelR wrote:

Let's see if this year AL will be nominated for Grammys, or even one. Somehow I doubt it.
;-)

He's not eligible this year his music was out too late so he definitely won't.

Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 19:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

if you don't have the number of followers of a Swift or Sheeran et al you don't often get an instant hit.

Instant hit, gradual hit. I love how you classify them. Adam doesn't have any hit... and it's not because he doesn't have as many followers as them.

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 20:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

So you imagine people constantly buy music now instead of streaming do you? And why does his music shoot up the itunes chart every time he does an appearance like Strictly over here or The Talk in the US?

Streaming is including in the Billboard Top 200. Just because you're up there on iTunes, it doesn't mean the overall sales aren't well. All streaming is included onto the Billboard Top 200.

Because when people appear at a public event... of course more people will buy it... that's promotion. It doesn't give him hit records now, does it?

Hotdog
Iron Butterfly

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 20:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

AngelR wrote:

;-)

He's not eligible this year his music was out too late so he definitely won't.

I doubt he would be nominamed next year either. ;-)

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 20:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

My whole music m world does revolve around Lambert, I'm actually glad that I like other artists Mohan just him. I do think he is a forgettable artist and I doubt 10, 20 years from now that people still will be playing and talking about him.
Why is a pissing contest, look at the thread title...but don't worry I know that was done to annoy because SweetCaroline didn't like what was said about AL. Besides, not as if she has great musical knowlege to know there are better singer gers out there than Lambert.

Plenty of his fans have other artists they listen to they aren't all die hard Adam only fans by any means and he's clearly not forgettable to plenty of people, you only need to see all the comments on Twitter every time he does an appearance, and I'm talking random people who see him not his die hard fans so like I said he may be forgettable to you and some others but in the scheme of things he'll still have his core group of fans who won't be going anywhere and he gains new fans every time he does an appearance.

The pissing contest is the way the Freddie fans are so butt hurt by what people like SC post that they have to constantly put him down to elevate Freddie when there's never been a contest between them in the first place, even Adam has no intention of trying to compete with Freddie.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 20:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

MisterCosmicc wrote:

It very well may shoot up a bit. Thing is, even that doesn't last.
What's his numbers lately for Velvet?

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 20:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

if you don't have the number of followers of a Swift or Sheeran et al you don't often get an instant hit.

Instant hit, gradual hit. I love how you classify them. Adam doesn't have any hit... and it's not because he doesn't have as many followers as them.

Less followers makes it harder, even the most intellectually challenged could work that out but he's still getting more and more spins on US radio, he's a new entry on the HAC top 40 so he's slowly getting more and more radio play, he's coming back from having no music out for four years and going indie so I don't expect him to jump up the charts but he's getting plenty of appearances and each time more and more people check him out as evidenced by the comments saying they hadn't heard him before etc (especially in the UK) so I'd say he's doing fine.

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 20:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Streaming is including in the Billboard Top 200. Just because you're up there on iTunes, it doesn't mean the overall sales aren't well. All streaming is included onto the Billboard Top 200.

Because when people appear at a public event... of course more people will buy it... that's promotion. It doesn't give him hit records now, does it?

If he shoots up the itunes chart every time he appears somewhere it doesn't take a genius to work out people are checking him out and buying/streaming the music, he sang Superpower and it shot up the itunes chart but so did the album and a bunch of older stuff had a new entry as well, stand to reason those people are likely to check out any further new stuff he puts out as well so it's all gaining new fans - yes that's exactly what promo's about and it's working, it doesn't need to give him a billboard hit it just needs to increase his sales and popularity which it does - billboard isn't the be all and end all of music, there's tons of great bands/musicians not having billboard hits and tons of absolute garbage (IMO) that tops the chart, I know which I prefer.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 20:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Plenty of his fans have other artists they listen to they aren't all die hard Adam only fans by any means and he's clearly not forgettable to plenty of people, you only need to see all the comments on Twitter every time he does an appearance, and I'm talking random people who see him not his die hard fans so like I said he may be forgettable to you and some others but in the scheme of things he'll still have his core group of fans who won't be going anywhere and he gains new fans every time he does an appearance.

The pissing contest is the way the Freddie fans are so butt hurt by what people like SC post that they have to constantly put him down to elevate Freddie when there's never been a contest between them in the first place, even Adam has no intention of trying to compete with Freddie.

Twitter isn't my music bible so to speak. I do look sometimes and it's a bit nuts. No music news these last few days, but it's about AL's personal life. Omg, he can make a pie!! Crap like that, so no, twitter isn't my go to.
Hey, I'm not having a go at you here, but it was you who explained why SweetCaroline does what she does here. I always thought it was tit for tat, and you pretty much said it yourself. SweetCaroline has often compared AL to Freddie, yes she basically thinks Lambert is better than Mercury in every way. Um no, and I should be able to disagree about that, about that her other shit she posts on QZ. It's almost as if she is clinging to the hope she can convert Queen fans to become AL fans. Thing is, she goes the wrong way about it.