Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > The best live singer on the planet!

forum rss feed
Author

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 20:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:


It very well may shoot up a bit. Thing is, even that doesn't last.
What's his numbers lately for Velvet?


And every time it shoots up that's new people checking him out and new fans gained, of course it won't last they aren't gonna buy the same EP over and over but the more appearances he does and the more he gains new people interested in him, that's what it's about.



rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 20:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:


I doubt he would be nominamed next year either. ;-)


Who knows or cares, as someone pointed out Queen weren't nominated much either, didn't make any difference to them or the fans who love them.



Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5922 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 20:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

blah blah so I'd say he's doing fine.


Of course you would as that's your role here, Lambert PR, and pulling 'facts' out of your butt when needed.



"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 20:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:


My whole music m world does revolve around Lambert, I'm actually glad that I like other artists Mohan just him. I do think he is a forgettable artist and I doubt 10, 20 years from now that people still will be playing and talking about him.
Ok, I take some of what I said back. I'm sure he matters to his fans.
Why is a pissing contest, look at the thread title...but don't worry I know that was done to annoy because SweetCaroline didn't like what was said about AL. Besides, not as if she has great musical knowlege to know there are better singer gers out there than Lambert.


Plenty of his fans have other artists they listen to they aren't all die hard Adam only fans by any means and he's clearly not forgettable to plenty of people, you only need to see all the comments on Twitter every time he does an appearance, and I'm talking random people who see him not his die hard fans so like I said he may be forgettable to you and some others but in the scheme of things he'll still have his core group of fans who won't be going anywhere and he gains new fans every time he does an appearance.

The pissing contest is the way the Freddie fans are so butt hurt by what people like SC post that they have to constantly put him down to elevate Freddie when there's never been a contest between them in the first place, even Adam has no intention of trying to compete with Freddie.


Twitter isn't my music bible so to speak. I do look sometimes and it's a bit nuts. No music news these last few days, but it's about AL's personal life. Omg, he can make a pie!! Crap like that, so no, twitter isn't my go to.
Hey, I'm not having a go at you here, but it was you who explained why SweetCaroline does what she does here. I always thought it was tit for tat, and you pretty much said it yourself. SweetCaroline has often compared AL to Freddie, yes she basically thinks Lambert is better than Mercury. Um no, and I should be able to disagree about that, a day her other shit she posts on QZ.


To clarify that's my opinion on why SC does what she does, only she knows for sure what her motives and reasons are but that's how it's always looked to me.

I don't have a problem with people posting about Adam being home with family and baking with his stepmom it's sweet and shows the down to earth family oriented guy he is which is one reason his fans love him so much but I was talking about random people who aren't already fans posting about him when they see him on a tv appearance etc and checking him out when they hadn't heard of him before.



rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 20:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

Of course you would as that's your role here, Lambert PR, and pulling 'facts' out of your butt when needed.


I don't need to do Lambert PR just sick of the Lambert put downs when there's no need. What fkn difference does his solo career have to anything anyway, it's his business to worry about and I don't pull facts out of my butt, anything I post can be backed up.

Anyone would think it's Adam himself posting links to stuff and raving about him on here with the crap that gets said about him, the fact is he's humble and doesn't claim to be anything he's not but he's not responsible for what some of his fans choose to say about him so why do people take it out on him?


Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5130 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 20:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:


I doubt he would be nominamed next year either. ;-)


Who knows or cares, as someone pointed out Queen weren't nominated much either, didn't make any difference to them or the fans who love them.



More music will be released up to next year's Grammys, I have a feeling AL won't be nominamed next year. I think Velvet will be lost in the shuffle, plenty of things happen in a year.
As to who cat6es, currently SweetCaroline's griping as she has done every year for nearly a decade now. Her rants about the Grammys and those who get awards. Every year and award season it seems.


rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 20:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:


More music will be released up to next year's Grammys, I have a feeling AL won't be nominamed next year. I think Velvet will be lost in the shuffle, plenty of things happen in a year.
As to who cat6es, currently SweetCaroline's griping as she has done every year for nearly a decade now. Her rants about the Grammys and those who get awards. Every year and award season it seems.


I've no idea if he'd be nominated or not and care even less, for me the grammy's aren't the least bit important but I really don't get why it's even in the comments, SC might care but it makes no difference to anyone else what she thinks about Adam or grammy's etc, he'll either be nominated or not and SC has nothing to do with the nom's so it's a non issue to me.


SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5033 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 20:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam isn’t Taylor Swift or Adele (thank goodness) so he won’t be nominated. The only time he was nominated was for my least favorite song! As Icy proves, it has to be for a tear jerker (Feel Somethin’) or a rap or Carrie Underwood country song!

He and Javi have parted ways so he should put out a Sam Smith woe is me album!



Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5130 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Nov 19, 21:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Adam isn’t Taylor Swift or Adele (thank goodness) so he won’t be nominated. The only time he was nominated was for my least favorite song! As Icy proves, it has to be for a tear jerker (Feel Somethin’) or a rap or Carrie Underwood country song!

He and Javi have parted ways so he should put out a Sam Smith woe is me album!



Oh honey. If AL ever had what Taylor and Adele had, you would be shouting your glee from the rooftops. There is no good reason that you are so bitter and envious of Taylor and Adele, but they have both sold more and done more than AL, that's basically it.
Isn't it enough for you that Taylor added AL in one of her videos? Or you going to hold on the grudge because she's more popular than AL? Pretty obvious.
Um, when did I mention things have to be a tear jerker, rap or country to be nominamed? I never have said any such thing, let alone prove it. Once again, you twist yourself I to knots, or lie straight out about me once again.
Oh AL broke up with his boyfriend, I actually don't care, but why would you even bring that up on Queen board. Do you want to us to feel sorry for him or something? Why would you even delve in his personal life once again? Yesterday a pic of AL as a kid and today you say he split with his boyfriend...which has nothing to do with anything being discussed here.
Sam Smith isn't all woe is me, you'd know that it if you listened to his music. You won't, and you haven't listened to a full album of Sam's because his music makes you want to jump off a bridge, your own words. AL would be lucky if he had a song or two that has connected with many people the way Sam has, or to do what Sam has done. You want to go on about AL's looks and style, but I can say you don't look much beyond that. Say what you want about me, at least I like the music that I do for the actual music, not how sexy, gorgeous, good looking I think someone is.
Was also being woe is me with Feel Something? Even I don't think so, he was being very open and honest. Of course what you say about another artist never goes for AL. He is the one and only one in your mind who matters.
All you prove is how bitter, envious and silly you are.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5033 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5130 posts
add to buddy list send PM

MisterCosmicc user is on Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1453 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Nov 19, 02:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It must be embarressing for Adam to play huge concerts with Brian and Roger, singing songs Freddie made famous, and then go on the road solo playing small concerts. I saw a video of one of his concerts, it didn't look anything extravegant. Songs were subpar, by the way. Poor management and musical direction!


Hotdog
MisterCosmicc user is on Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1453 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Nov 19, 03:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

Adam isn’t Taylor Swift or Adele (thank goodness) so he won’t be nominated. The only time he was nominated was for my least favorite song! As Icy proves, it has to be for a tear jerker (Feel Somethin’) or a rap or Carrie Underwood country song!

He and Javi have parted ways so he should put out a Sam Smith woe is me album!



Oh honey. If AL ever had what Taylor and Adele had, you would be shouting your glee from the rooftops. There is no good reason that you are so bitter and envious of Taylor and Adele, but they have both sold more and done more than AL, that's basically it.
Isn't it enough for you that Taylor added AL in one of her videos? Or you going to hold on the grudge because she's more popular than AL? Pretty obvious.
Um, when did I mention things have to be a tear jerker, rap or country to be nominamed? I never have said any such thing, let alone prove it. Once again, you twist yourself I to knots, or lie straight out about me once again.
Oh AL broke up with his boyfriend, I actually don't care, but why would you even bring that up on Queen board. Do you want to us to feel sorry for him or something? Why would you even delve in his personal life once again? Yesterday a pic of AL as a kid and today you say he split with his boyfriend...which has nothing to do with anything being discussed here.
Sam Smith isn't all woe is me, you'd know that it if you listened to his music. You won't, and you haven't listened to a full album of Sam's because his music makes you want to jump off a bridge, your own words. AL would be lucky if he had a song or two that has connected with many people the way Sam has, or to do what Sam has done. You want to go on about AL's looks and style, but I can say you don't look much beyond that. Say what you want about me, at least I like the music that I do for the actual music, not how sexy, gorgeous, good looking I think someone is.
Was also being woe is me with Feel Something? Even I don't think so, he was being very open and honest. Of course what you say about another artist never goes for AL. He is the one and only one in your mind who matters.
All you prove is how bitter, envious and silly you are.



LOL true. She'd be over the moon and rubbing it in.

Just like one of the Adam Worshippers was whining about Freddie's 'Living On My Own' reaching #1 after he died... "that's not fair!" she bitched. Well, let's not forget that Living On My Own sold more copies in 1985 worldwide, than Adam has sold of all of his singles combined to date worldwide. When Freddie was 37, he had a worldwide hit with Love Kills. Adam has Supah Pow-Wah... which started off okay, until you hear "... my supah pow-wah!"


Hotdog
MisterCosmicc user is on Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1453 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Nov 19, 03:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

itunes



You do realize you don't need to sell as much music on the iTunes chart to have a hit, compared to the Billboard Digital Chart, right? It's because not everyone has iTunes. You should watch the Billboard Digital charts to see his overall sales.


Hotdog
Saint Jiub user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Saint Jiub
Deity: 7831 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Nov 19, 03:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sweet Caroline is Fox News ... Fair and Balanced.


Socialism:



There's one for you, nineteen for me

Should five per cent appear too small

Be thankful I don't take it all
Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5130 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Nov 19, 03:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Saint Jiub wrote:

Sweet Caroline is Fox News ... Fair and Balanced.


Ooo she will love that ;-)

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5130 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Nov 19, 03:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmic, I can get the way you use supa pow wah out of my head. Darn it ;-).

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5130 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Nov 19, 03:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

It must be embarressing for Adam to play huge concerts with Brian and Roger, singing songs Freddie made famous, and then go on the road solo playing small concerts. I saw a video of one of his concerts, it didn't look anything extravegant. Songs were subpar, by the way. Poor management and musical direction!


Well, like I've said better money rolling in for Q+AL, living off other people's legacies than touring his own solo music. Of course, SweetCaroline will come back that he has toured all over with his solo music. It doesn't seem his heart was in in it with his last tour, come to think about it. I think it was a dose of reality for him.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5033 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Nov 19, 04:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He’s performing tomorrow night without Brian and Roger on the James Corden Show on CBS. Adam is doing OK!



Saint Jiub user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Saint Jiub
Deity: 7831 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Nov 19, 05:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

He’s performing tomorrow night without Brian and Roger on the James Corden Show on CBS. Adam is doing OK!



A C-level talk show host that lives off the laurels of Stephan Colbert, has a C-level musical guest that lives off the laurels of Queen+


Socialism:



There's one for you, nineteen for me

Should five per cent appear too small

Be thankful I don't take it all