Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > The best live singer on the planet!

forum rss feed
Author

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5120 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Nov 19, 08:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Saint Jiub wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

He’s performing tomorrow night without Brian and Roger on the James Corden Show on CBS. Adam is doing OK!

A C-level talk show host that lives off the laurels of Stephan Colbert, has a C-level musical guest that lives off the laurels of Queen+

C-lebrity ;-)

AngelR user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 95 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 19, 13:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just following his older brothers steps more like....
https://youtu.be/vUrot_XC9Lo

Posted: 19 Nov 19, 13:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://youtu.be/vUrot_XC9Lo

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 19 Nov 19, 14:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AngelR wrote:

More likely AL plugging a song that is nowhere near what Queen did at that time.
One of those things isn't like the other. Queen were pretty popular at that time with a pretty popular song and album . AL not so much.

Posted: 19 Nov 19, 15:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

" do realize you don't need to sell as much music on the iTunes chart to have a hit, compared to the Billboard Digital Chart, right? It's because not everyone has iTunes. You should watch the Billboard Digital charts to see his overall sales."

MisterCosmicc, you do realize you don't need to sell music at all to be on the charts, as hardly anyone buys music nowadays. I only get new CDs or downloads if it's included in a concert tickets price. Streaming is important! Some artists are charting with as little as just over 30 albums sold a week, just bizzare if you compare even to the sales from 10 years ago. All earnings are in touring not album sales.

Adam's last tour was brilliant, by the way. He's amazing live performer. I saw his show in the packed Hammersmith Apollo with many Queen fans, celebrities, thousands of glamberts and press attending. I hope he will tour again sometimes soon.... completely agree with you about poor management and lame music choices. I guess he knows that as his live music arrangements are often in completely different music styles from the records.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5026 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 19, 16:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AngelR, amen to what you posted regarding Adam’s live solo music tours compared to his recordings.

His appearance on Good Morning America for his Original High album is an example of that.

Another example of Adam bringing down the House live was his performance of After Hours from that album. You might not get that effect listening to the CD.

anadamfan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 248 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 19, 16:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam on The Original High-Tour in London. Yes, great memories! Hammersmith was filled to the max.

My favorite part of the tour was the medley of Runnin/Chokehold and Sleepwalker.
http://youtu.be/r87N7QlD8wM

and For your Entertainment was so much fun as well.
http://youtu.be/Yno2mPamRLM

(While watching it I noticed that there were a lot of photographs standing right in front of the stage for the first couple of songs...).

SweetCaroline

Posted: 19 Nov 19, 17:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“INFO|It seems that Adam might sing "Closer To You" on Corden tonight/tomorrow.”

That would be lovely!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 19 Nov 19, 19:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I’m not the only one who thinks he is the best:

“That’s why Adam Lambert is the most impressive, the most outstanding, the most perfect, the most stunning, gorgeous, beautiful, simply the best and greatest vocalist in the whole world! The ONE AND ONLY @adamlambert!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=6K1vL-ghsFE

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 19 Nov 19, 19:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I’m not the only one who thinks he is the best:

“That’s why Adam Lambert is the most impressive, the most outstanding, the most perfect, the most stunning, gorgeous, beautiful, simply the best and greatest vocalist in the whole world! The ONE AND ONLY @adamlambert!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=6K1vL-ghsFE

Want a medal or something? For posting the most stupidest of things because it agrees with you and suits your views. You must want to annoy again, I take it.
You do yourself no favours. How important is looks to some Glamberts, important enough to put how they think he looks before his vocals. Hmm. I wouldn't even put any worth in things like that at all.
By the way, that sounds so much like you, it's funny LOL. From the best live vocalist to the simply the best and greatest vocalist in the whole world...good thing some of us can use our own minds instead of Glambert codes. Who writes this shit and runs to post it here...Oh wait SweetCaroline of course.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2427 posts

Posted: 19 Nov 19, 21:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

It must be embarressing for Adam to play huge concerts with Brian and Roger, singing songs Freddie made famous, and then go on the road solo playing small concerts. I saw a video of one of his concerts, it didn't look anything extravegant. Songs were subpar, by the way. Poor management and musical direction!

So the guy should be embarrassed about working? Very strange attitude you have and so what if his concerts aren't a big production like Queen, plenty artists don't have that level of production and still manage to have fans who love seeing them live, in fact lots of fans like small initmate gigs and so does Adam, he gets to do both, win win, and yes he has done arena's solo in some places. As to songs being subpar that's opinion, just because you don't like his solo music doesn't make it subpar to others.

Posted: 19 Nov 19, 21:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

Living On My Own sold more copies in 1985 worldwide, than Adam has sold of all of his singles combined to date worldwide.

Care to post the sales figures from 85 for that single then we can see, what website are you using to find the figures?

Posted: 19 Nov 19, 21:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Well, like I've said better money rolling in for Q+AL, living off other people's legacies than touring his own solo music. Of course, SweetCaroline will come back that he has toured all over with his solo music. It doesn't seem his heart was in in it with his last tour, come to think about it. I think it was a dose of reality for him.

He does both, he's not living off anyone's legacy he's performing with two original members who still want to play live the music they helped create and since Freddie's no longer able they need a singer, why should they give up what they love to do because of Freddie's untimely death? Was it their fault he died? And why shouldn't Adam tour with them so they can still perform? You don't know the first thing about the guy if you think his heart isn't in doing his own music and performing solo and he was perfectly happy on his last solo tour as he was on the others and will be on the next one.

Posted: 19 Nov 19, 21:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

AngelR wrote:

More likely AL plugging a song that is nowhere near what Queen did at that time.
One of those things isn't like the other. Queen were pretty popular at that time with a pretty popular song and album . AL not so much.

Wow - so first of all he's riding coat tails when he sings with Queen or sings a Queen song solo and then when he goes around singing his own music he's plugging a song that's nowhere near as good as Queen or Freddie and he's not as popular.

Read all these comments back and then wonder why I call it a pissing contest lol!!!!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 19 Nov 19, 21:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Well, like I've said better money rolling in for Q+AL, living off other people's legacies than touring his own solo music. Of course, SweetCaroline will come back that he has toured all over with his solo music. It doesn't seem his heart was in in it with his last tour, come to think about it. I think it was a dose of reality for him.

He does both, he's not living off anyone's legacy he's performing with two original members who still want to play live the music they helped create and since Freddie's no longer able they need a singer, why should they give up what they love to do because of Freddie's untimely death? Was it their fault he died? And why shouldn't Adam tour with them so they can still perform? You don't know the first thing about the guy if you think his heart isn't in doing his own music and performing solo and he was perfectly happy on his last solo tour as he was on the others and will be on the next one.

:-O Come on rockchic, never have I once said that it was Brian's and Roger's fault that Freddie died, or even implied any such thing. Why even "ask" me that? No, it's not their fault that Freddie died. I don't even know why you would ask me or anyone else that, sorry you lose any point to you were trying to make. It's a pissing contest alright, since you want to do it that way. I just don't know where your question is coming from.

Posted: 19 Nov 19, 21:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

:-O Come on rockchic, never have I once said that it was Brian's and Roger's fault that Freddie died. Why even "ask" me that? No, it's not their fault that Freddie died. I don't even know why you would ask me or anyone else that, sorry you lose any point to you were trying to make.

Because constantly harping on about Adam riding coat tails, using them to further his career or making money off it etc etc all implies he shouldn't be doing it and by default they shouldn't be touring with him. Sick of all the fans who seem to think only Freddie mattered and Brian & Roger should curl up and drink cocoa since they'll never be Queen again since 91.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 19 Nov 19, 21:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

:-O Come on rockchic, never have I once said that it was Brian's and Roger's fault that Freddie died. Why even "ask" me that? No, it's not their fault that Freddie died. I don't even know why you would ask me or anyone else that, sorry you lose any point to you were trying to make.

Because constantly harping on about Adam riding coat tails, using them to further his career or making money off it etc etc all implies he shouldn't be doing it and by default they shouldn't be touring with him. Sick of all the fans who seem to think only Freddie mattered and Brian & Roger should curl up and drink cocoa since they'll never be Queen again since 91.

IMO, AL is riding on coattails. It's known he makes pretty good money from the shows. Yep, more money than his solo career without any doubt.
However, that does not mean that I blame Brian and Roger for Freddie's death. Seriously, what the actual hell.
And I've never said only Freddie mattered in Queen. Queen were four members, Freddie, Brian Roger and John.
I'm tired of AL fans and the Glamberts saying things about me and twisting things, some of which I've never would think, let alone say. For the record, no I don't blame Brian and Roger for Freddie's death. Unbelievable you would "ask" and try to pin that on me.

Posted: 19 Nov 19, 22:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

IMO, AL is riding on coattails. It's known he makes pretty good money from the shows. Yep, more money than his solo career without any doubt.
However, that does not mean that I blame Brian and Roger for Freddie's death. Seriously, what the actual hell.
And I've never said only Freddie mattered in Queen. Queen were four members, Freddie, Brian Roger and John.
I'm tired of AL fans and the Glamberts saying things about me and twisting things, some of which I've never would think, let alone say. For the record, no I don't blame Brian and Roger for Freddie's death. Unbelievable you would "ask" and try to pin that on me.

And why shouldn't he make money from the shows, he works hard and if not for him there wouldn't be shows (they need a singer) so of course he gets paid well but no one knows the percentage of the money he makes that comes from QAL as opposed to other sources, he doesn't just tour with Queen he does plenty of projects of his own and not just music so his earnings are far from all Queen related.

I asked that as a question, nowhere did I say you'd actually said that but IMO a lot of fans comments make it seem like Brian & Roger should have thrown in the towel when Freddie died as if they shouldn't want to still do what they love and IMO it's not their fault their career as a band was cut short and it shouldn't stop them still touring if that's what makes them happy.

I'm sure glamberts are just as sick of the petty contest a few Queen fans have got going on constantly putting the guy down for every single thing he does - he can't do a thing right apparently whether with or without Queen, it's always the wrong thing, wrong music, wrong tv show to appear on, wrong thing to be singing on said tv show, wrong project, wrong people to work with on this or that project, wrong timing of releasing a song, wrong song to release etc etc.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 00:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

And why shouldn't he make money from the shows, he works hard and if not for him there wouldn't be shows (they need a singer) so of course he gets paid well but no one knows the percentage of the money he makes that comes from QAL as opposed to other sources, he doesn't just tour with Queen he does plenty of projects of his own and not just music so his earnings are far from all Queen related.

I asked that as a question, nowhere did I say you'd actually said that but IMO a lot of fans comments make it seem like Brian & Roger should have thrown in the towel when Freddie died as if they shouldn't want to still do what they love and IMO it's not their fault their career as a band was cut short and it shouldn't stop them still touring if that's what makes them happy.

I'm sure glamberts are just as sick of the petty contest a few Queen fans have got going on constantly putting the guy down for every single thing he does - he can't do a thing right apparently whether with or without Queen, it's always the wrong thing, wrong music, wrong tv show to appear on, wrong thing to be singing on said tv show, wrong project, wrong people to work with on this or that project, wrong timing of releasing a song, wrong song to release etc etc.

I think Queen ended with Made In Heaven. I don't think Q+AL is Queen. Queen to me will always be Freddie, Brian Roger and John.
That doesn't mean I have faulted, or ever have faulted Brian and Roger for Freddie passing away. Since I've never stated any such thing, why would you even ask me that? It's a hell of a "question" to ask or imply about any Freddie/Queen fan. Sorry, that's messed up. Why would I ever fault them for Freddie's death? That just as crazy as it being said Queen fans wanted Brian Roger and John to die with Freddie. It's wrong, and no matter what I think of Brian and Roger these last few years, doesn't mean I fault them for Freddie's death. I never did, and I never will. If QOL was still working, I'd go tell you to search my posts to see for yourself. Because that is something the AL fans will likely believe about me, and it's something I never thought, said, or posted in all my years on any Queen board, I want that to be clear here and now.
I honestly don't care that the Glamberts on Queen boards are sick of the petty, pissing contest as you put it. Some Glamberts do no favours for themselves or AL Ifans any Glamberts cant take or deal with what is said on Queen boards, then it's not the place for them, to be honest. It's a Queen board first, not an AL worshipping board. Big difference there between the two. Wait until someone runs back here to spam and gush about AL and his Corden appearance later on.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 03:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“@camilagreymusic Tonight tune in!!! Tickling the ivories with @adamlambert on @latelateshow”