Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > The best live singer on the planet!

forum rss feed
Author

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5128 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 04:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

“@camilagreymusic Tonight tune in!!! Tickling the ivories with @adamlambert on @latelateshow”

There we have Spamcaroline. Called it.

MisterCosmicc user is on Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1452 posts

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 04:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AngelR wrote:

" do realize you don't need to sell as much music on the iTunes chart to have a hit, compared to the Billboard Digital Chart, right? It's because not everyone has iTunes. You should watch the Billboard Digital charts to see his overall sales."

MisterCosmicc, you do realize you don't need to sell music at all to be on the charts, as hardly anyone buys music nowadays. I only get new CDs or downloads if it's included in a concert tickets price. Streaming is important! Some artists are charting with as little as just over 30 albums sold a week, just bizzare if you compare even to the sales from 10 years ago. All earnings are in touring not album sales.

Adam's last tour was brilliant, by the way. He's amazing live performer. I saw his show in the packed Hammersmith Apollo with many Queen fans, celebrities, thousands of glamberts and press attending. I hope he will tour again sometimes soon.... completely agree with you about poor management and lame music choices. I guess he knows that as his live music arrangements are often in completely different music styles from the records.

People still sell music. The Hot 100 features artists who have sold many physical copies of their records, up to the millions. By the way, physical copies of albums still outsell digital downloads. People still are millionaires from selling music via physical copies. Vinyl singles are also in these days... something Adam Lambert doesn't care about. He aims to sell his music to teenyboppers, but the old ladies are the ones interested. College students, young adults... they adore vinyl records.

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 04:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

MisterCosmicc wrote:

Living On My Own sold more copies in 1985 worldwide, than Adam has sold of all of his singles combined to date worldwide.

Care to post the sales figures from 85 for that single then we can see, what website are you using to find the figures?

Check out the chart positions worldwide... are you too nervous to go onto a Queen site that doesn't mention Adam?

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 05:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

AngelR wrote:

Just following his older brothers steps more like....
https://youtu.be/vUrot_XC9Lo

More likely AL plugging a song that is nowhere near what Queen did at that time.
One of those things isn't like the other. Queen were pretty popular at that time with a pretty popular song and album . AL not so much.

Wow - so first of all he's riding coat tails when he sings with Queen or sings a Queen song solo and then when he goes around singing his own music he's plugging a song that's nowhere near as good as Queen or Freddie and he's not as popular.

Read all these comments back and then wonder why I call it a pissing contest lol!!!!

Can you name an Adam song that is better than Play The Game?

Hotdog
rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 05:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

Vinyl singles are also in these days... something Adam Lambert doesn't care about. He aims to sell his music to teenyboppers, but the old ladies are the ones interested. College students, young adults... they adore vinyl records.

Already told you he's putting out the full album on vinyl, no point putting out side A or a single on vinyl when he's releasing side B next year and can combine the whole thing as a full vinyl album - if he had you'd be accusing him of trying to cash in by selling the same thing twice.

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 06:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

Check out the chart positions worldwide... are you too nervous to go onto a Queen site that doesn't mention Adam?

Not nervous in the slightest I just don't care enough about chart positions to be well up on where to look for sales from decades ago and since you seem to know exactly how many copies Freddie sold of Living on my own in 85 it makes sense to ask you to post the evidence.

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 06:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

Can you name an Adam song that is better than Play The Game?

I can name several that HIS FANS will think is better than Play The Game just like I can name several U2 songs that a U2 fan might prefer - see how that works.

My point is Adam as a solo artists shouldn't be compared to Queen, he has fans who love his voice and music as do all artists, why compare them to Queen, totally pointless and totally unfair since his solo work is a completely separate thing and nothing to do with Queen. I don't see people comparing other artists songs to Queen stuff but because he's singing with the band he gets compared all the time even when it's his own projects and nothing to do with Queen.

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 06:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Double post

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 06:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

IMO, AL is riding on coattails. It's known he makes pretty good money from the shows. Yep, more money than his solo career without any doubt.
However, that does not mean that I blame Brian and Roger for Freddie's death. Seriously, what the actual hell.
And I've never said only Freddie mattered in Queen. Queen were four members, Freddie, Brian Roger and John.
I'm tired of AL fans and the Glamberts saying things about me and twisting things, some of which I've never would think, let alone say. For the record, no I don't blame Brian and Roger for Freddie's death. Unbelievable you would "ask" and try to pin that on me.

And why shouldn't he make money from the shows, he works hard and if not for him there wouldn't be shows (they need a singer) so of course he gets paid well but no one knows the percentage of the money he makes that comes from QAL as opposed to other sources, he doesn't just tour with Queen he does plenty of projects of his own and not just music so his earnings are far from all Queen related.

I asked that as a question, nowhere did I say you'd actually said that but IMO a lot of fans comments make it seem like Brian & Roger should have thrown in the towel when Freddie died as if they shouldn't want to still do what they love and IMO it's not their fault their career as a band was cut short and it shouldn't stop them still touring if that's what makes them happy.

I'm sure glamberts are just as sick of the petty contest a few Queen fans have got going on constantly putting the guy down for every single thing he does - he can't do a thing right apparently whether with or without Queen, it's always the wrong thing, wrong music, wrong tv show to appear on, wrong thing to be singing on said tv show, wrong project, wrong people to work with on this or that project, wrong timing of releasing a song, wrong song to release etc etc.

I think Queen ended with Made In Heaven. I don't think Q+AL is Queen. Queen to me will always be Freddie, Brian Roger and John.
That doesn't mean I have faulted, or ever have faulted Brian and Roger for Freddie passing away. Since I've never stated any such thing, why would you even ask me that? It's a hell of a "question" to ask or imply about any Freddie/Queen fan. Sorry, that's messed up. Why would I ever fault them for Freddie's death? That just as crazy as it being said Queen fans wanted Brian Roger and John to die with Freddie. It's wrong, and no matter what I think of Brian and Roger these last few years, doesn't mean I fault them for Freddie's death. I never did, and I never will. If QOL was still working, I'd go tell you to search my posts to see for yourself. Because that is something the AL fans will likely believe about me, and it's something I never thought, said, or posted in all my years on any Queen board, I want that to be clear here and now.
I honestly don't care that the Glamberts on Queen boards are sick of the petty, pissing contest as you put it. Some Glamberts do no favours for themselves or AL Ifans any Glamberts cant take or deal with what is said on Queen boards, then it's not the place for them, to be honest. It's a Queen board first, not an AL worshipping board. Big difference there between the two. Wait until someone runs back here to spam and gush about AL and his Corden appearance later on.

And why shouldn't they post about Adam if they want, any normal person would ignore this section who has no interest in Adam so the only reason they're on here is to put the guy down - all because one or two of his over zealous fans post everything he does. Is that Adam's fault? No, no more than it's Brian & Roger's fault that Freddie's not still out there singing with them.

That's the point I was making - I wasn't accusing you or anyone of blaming them for Freddie's death I was pointing out they weren't responsible and they were likely as devasted that firstly their colleauge and friend died and secondly that their whole career was wiped out at the same time and that if they've now found a guy they love working with and gives them the opportunity to still be out there doing what they love it beggars belief that anyone would begrudge them that or constantly be putting them down for that decision.

You're right it's not Queen now it's QAL, they've never pretended to be just Queen and Adam has never once said he's a replacement for Freddie, in fact he just said in an interview the other day that it annoys him when he gets called a replacement but it's all that's available now of the band and there's still a ton of fans out their enjoying what's left and it would be nice if they could talk about it in peace without all the bitching and back biting that goes on here.

Yes it's a Queen board but this section is Queen and Adam related and since Adam is for the time being is part of the Queen family (B & R's words) then it should be ok to post about him. I don't particularly care about discussing his solo stuff on here but clearly cosmicc makes it his lifes work to mention Adam solo all the time, going on and on about solo sales (or lack of) and his solo songs etc so if he (who has no interest in Adam except to call him) can post ad nauseam about him as a solo artist then SC posing a link to something solo shouldn't be a problem. If the trolls weren't so keen to put him down for his solo stuff on this part of the board constantly then maybe SC wouldn't feel the need to keep posting everything he does!!!

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5031 posts

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 06:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Whew, Closer To You! Nice!!!!!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 07:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

IMO, AL is riding on coattails. It's known he makes pretty good money from the shows. Yep, more money than his solo career without any doubt.
However, that does not mean that I blame Brian and Roger for Freddie's death. Seriously, what the actual hell.
And I've never said only Freddie mattered in Queen. Queen were four members, Freddie, Brian Roger and John.
I'm tired of AL fans and the Glamberts saying things about me and twisting things, some of which I've never would think, let alone say. For the record, no I don't blame Brian and Roger for Freddie's death. Unbelievable you would "ask" and try to pin that on me.

And why shouldn't he make money from the shows, he works hard and if not for him there wouldn't be shows (they need a singer) so of course he gets paid well but no one knows the percentage of the money he makes that comes from QAL as opposed to other sources, he doesn't just tour with Queen he does plenty of projects of his own and not just music so his earnings are far from all Queen related.

I asked that as a question, nowhere did I say you'd actually said that but IMO a lot of fans comments make it seem like Brian & Roger should have thrown in the towel when Freddie died as if they shouldn't want to still do what they love and IMO it's not their fault their career as a band was cut short and it shouldn't stop them still touring if that's what makes them happy.

I'm sure glamberts are just as sick of the petty contest a few Queen fans have got going on constantly putting the guy down for every single thing he does - he can't do a thing right apparently whether with or without Queen, it's always the wrong thing, wrong music, wrong tv show to appear on, wrong thing to be singing on said tv show, wrong project, wrong people to work with on this or that project, wrong timing of releasing a song, wrong song to release etc etc.

I think Queen ended with Made In Heaven. I don't think Q+AL is Queen. Queen to me will always be Freddie, Brian Roger and John.
That doesn't mean I have faulted, or ever have faulted Brian and Roger for Freddie passing away. Since I've never stated any such thing, why would you even ask me that? It's a hell of a "question" to ask or imply about any Freddie/Queen fan. Sorry, that's messed up. Why would I ever fault them for Freddie's death? That just as crazy as it being said Queen fans wanted Brian Roger and John to die with Freddie. It's wrong, and no matter what I think of Brian and Roger these last few years, doesn't mean I fault them for Freddie's death. I never did, and I never will. If QOL was still working, I'd go tell you to search my posts to see for yourself. Because that is something the AL fans will likely believe about me, and it's something I never thought, said, or posted in all my years on any Queen board, I want that to be clear here and now.
I honestly don't care that the Glamberts on Queen boards are sick of the petty, pissing contest as you put it. Some Glamberts do no favours for themselves or AL Ifans any Glamberts cant take or deal with what is said on Queen boards, then it's not the place for them, to be honest. It's a Queen board first, not an AL worshipping board. Big difference there between the two. Wait until someone runs back here to spam and gush about AL and his Corden appearance later on.

And why shouldn't they post about Adam if they want, any normal person would ignore this section who has no interest in Adam so the only reason they're on here is to put the guy down - all because one or two of his over zealous fans post everything he does. Is that Adam's fault? No, no more than it's Brian & Roger's fault that Freddie's not still out there singing with them.

That's the point I was making - I wasn't accusing you or anyone of blaming them for Freddie's death I was pointing out they weren't responsible and they were likely as devasted that firstly their colleauge and friend died and secondly that their whole career was wiped out at the same time and that if they've now found a guy they love working with and gives them the opportunity to still be out there doing what they love it beggars belief that anyone would begrudge them that or constantly be putting them down for that decision.

You're right it's not Queen now it's QAL, they've never pretended to be just Queen and Adam has never once said he's a replacement for Freddie, in fact he just said in an interview the other day that it annoys him when he gets called a replacement but it's all that's available now of the band and there's still a ton of fans out their enjoying what's left and it would be nice if they could talk about it in peace without all the bitching and back biting that goes on here.

Yes it's a Queen board but this section is Queen and Adam related and since Adam is for the time being is part of the Queen family (B & R's words) then it should be ok to post about him. I don't particularly care about discussing his solo stuff on here but clearly cosmicc makes it his lifes work to mention Adam solo all the time, going on and on about solo sales (or lack of) and his solo songs etc so if he (who has no interest in Adam except to call him) can post ad nauseam about him as a solo artist then SC posing a link to something solo shouldn't be a problem. If the trolls weren't so keen to put him down for his solo stuff on this part of the board constantly then maybe SC wouldn't feel the need to keep posting everything he does!!!

I don't know why you are being so testy with me.
I know Brian and Roger are not responsible for Freddie dying. Let's get that clear too. I don't recall one Queen fan ever saying anything such thing.
Come on. SweetCaroline would be posting what she does about AL, almost no matter what. It's what she does, somehow she thinks she is his ambassador or PR person. Not as if a pic of a young AL, or the fact he recently ended a relationship has anything to do with anything being discussed here, musically. Some things about the guy should not be posted on any message boards at all, but it is, and it's shared like crazy. SweetCaroline runs here to post such things, just because she's unhappy about what some say about AL, so it's a big case of tit for tat for her. I knew it all along.
SweetCaroline who has not much music knowledge at all claims AL is the best singer on the planet. Are we Queen fans here just supposed to swallow that? No thanks. Are we supposed to agree that AL has replaced Freddie? No thanks. I'm glad most of us here can think for ourselves and make up our own minds.

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 08:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I don't know why you are being so testy with me.
I know Brian and Roger are not responsible for Freddie dying. Let's get that clear too. I don't recall one Queen fan ever saying anything such thing.
Come on. SweetCaroline would be posting what she does about AL, almost no matter what. It's what she does, somehow she thinks she is his ambassador or PR person. Not as if a pic of a young AL, or the fact he recently ended a relationship has anything to do with anything being discussed here, musically. Some things about the guy should not be posted on any message boards at all, but it is, and it's shared like crazy. SweetCaroline runs here to post such things, just because she's unhappy about what some say about AL, so it's a big case of tit for tat for her. I knew it all along.
SweetCaroline who has not much music knowledge at all claims AL is the best singer on the planet. Are we Queen fans here just supposed to swallow that? No thanks. Are we supposed to agree that AL has replaced Freddie? No thanks. I'm glad most of us here can think for ourselves and make up our own minds.

It's no more Adam's fault that he has some fans who post every little detail of his life (I'm sure he'd rather they didn't) than it's Freddie and Queen's fault when people like Happy (insert whatever name he's currently using) post the ridiculous comments he does (like the auto tuning argument) and I'd no more think of blaming Freddie for his ridiculous comments than I would Adam for the crap some of his fans post (believing they're doing him a favour when they aren't). I judge people on what they do and say themselves not what a bunch of fans say about them and nowhere has Adam ever said or implied he's the best singer on the planet nor has he ever called himself a replacement for Freddie (the opposite in every case).

I haven't seen Queen fans directly blame B & R for Freddie's death obviously but the implication from a lot of them is that once Freddie died they should have just hung it up as (Queen was Freddie) and they were just a backing band, that tells me they consider Freddie the only important band member (except maybe John who gets a free pass for being "the only one with principles"). I wasn't talking literally about blaming B & R for his death I was making the point it's not their fault and therefore they have nothing to be blamed for when they choose to still tour and do what they love with the music they helped create. It's a euphemism.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 12:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, you are going to break THIS forum with your longgggggg dissertations about nothing! Do you have to keep quoting other people’s comments? Can’t you just write their name and then answer in 25 words or less like I am doing here? Must you repeat things over and over and over and over?

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 13:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Icy, you are going to break THIS forum with your longgggggg dissertations about nothing! Do you have to keep quoting other people’s comments? Can’t you just write their name and then answer in 25 words or less like I am doing here? Must you repeat things over and over and over and over?

I didn't break anything by the way. Again, careful of what you are implying here.
It bothers you I quote people now, is that the latest black mark you hold against me now. It looks like you hold everything you can possibly think of against me. The latest that I quote posters, and you seem to think I break message boards. Resentment much? Agenda much?
I'm not the only one who repeats myself by the way. You sure have done enough of it. Better than you and your glowing only crap, your pic of AL as a kid that you think proves he plays the guitar lol.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 13:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“Brevity is the soul of wit!” And saves a lot of bandwidth, too!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcdlr-pRwtY

Iron Butterfly

AngelR user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 95 posts

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 16:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's going to be a long wait....Adam Lambert will always stay in the band's history wether you like it or not.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1463 posts

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 16:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Look in the mirror,Icy! You see fault in everyone, but not much in yourself. A little but more introspection might be in order and posting somewhere else other than on a QAL/Adam thread, since all you do is spew hate and negativity. You never have an original thought, it is just throwing crap back at people, accusing them of things that make no difference and a lot of the time, you don't even understand the gist of what they said. Over and out for another few weeks!

Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 16:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AngelR wrote:

It's going to be a long wait....Adam Lambert will always stay in the band's history wether you like it or not.

Queen will always be talked about in the future. However, one thing the average person doesn't mention is Adam Lambert in reference to how great Queen is. If you mention Queen to a stranger, more than likely they'll praise Freddie Mercury, but will make no mention of Adam. That's a fact.

Adam didn't save or revive Queen. Someday he won't be even a memory. Can you imagine a thousand years from now, people talking about how great Queen were, how great Freddie was, and then some idiot in the conversation saying "Oh yeah, they hired that Lambert guy to sing live".... no. That's not the legend of Queen, and the Queen mystique resolves around Freddie Mercury.

I don't even think in a thousand years that many people would even talk about Adam Lambert at all. He has too few of fans that I just don't think in a 1,000 years he'll suddently be legendary. He's made no ground breaking achievments, and he's definetly not going to be remembered for singing live for Queen.... that's just fucking rediculous.

Hotdog
SweetCaroline

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 17:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A thousand years from now? Ha! Ha! Even dear Freddie will be forgotten by then! There might not be a planet by then! Global warming and plastics in the oceans will have destroyed it.