Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > The best live singer on the planet!

forum rss feed
Author

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 17:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

AngelR wrote:

It's going to be a long wait....Adam Lambert will always stay in the band's history wether you like it or not.

and he's definetly not going to be remembered for singing live for Queen.... that's just fucking rediculous.

Oh but it's not and that's the whole reason you spew your opinion about him every chance, it's blatantly obvious that it gets one or two Queen fans hot under the collar when they realize Adam constantly gets mentioned in the context of Queen in the media, it precedes a lot of comments from the average Joe out there as well and then when he does solo stuff he gets mentioned in his own right - another bug bear you seem to have a problem with, the fact he's known for both equally - on the one hand you don't want anyone to be mentioning him in his own right since that would play into your theory of having hardly any fans and being known only for Queen but on the other hand you don't want him being known for Queen as that means he's talked about as Queen's current frontman, you don't like that either. Bit of a dilemma there, can't win either way!!!

MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1453 posts

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 17:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You don’t read much, do you? You only come in and post links?

That’s what I’m talking about. The world ending. When the world ends, people will still be listening to Freddie sing the very second the world ends. Whether in fear or peace, or if it’s just another day. Queen only grow. They’ll certainly more likely to be listening to a Queen classic than be listening to Supah Pow-Wah on doomsday, and it won’t matter if they know the world is ending or not.

“Fairytales of yesterday will grow, but never die...”

Queen, twenty-four hours a day, are played on hundreds and hundreds of radio stations each minute. Queen music is constantly sold 24/7. This isn’t an over exaggeration, it’s just fact. Look at the charts worldwide. It never stops.

So yes, when the world ends, whether next year, or a hundred years from now, or a thousand, many people will be listening to Freddie as they take their last breath.

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 17:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

MisterCosmicc wrote:

AngelR wrote:

It's going to be a long wait....Adam Lambert will always stay in the band's history wether you like it or not.

and he's definetly not going to be remembered for singing live for Queen.... that's just fucking rediculous.

Oh but it's not and that's the whole reason you spew your opinion about him every chance, it's blatantly obvious that it gets one or two Queen fans hot under the collar when they realize Adam constantly gets mentioned in the context of Queen in the media, it precedes a lot of comments from the average Joe out there as well and then when he does solo stuff he gets mentioned in his own right - another bug bear you seem to have a problem with, the fact he's known for both equally - on the one hand you don't want anyone to be mentioning him in his own right since that would play into your theory of having hardly any fans and being known only for Queen but on the other hand you don't want him being known for Queen as that means he's talked about as Queen's current frontman, you don't like that either. Bit of a dilemma there, can't win either way!!!

It doesn't bother me that the majority of Adam articles are Queen related, in fact, it's amusing... it proves my point even more about Freddie and Queen. Adam's unintentionally being used as a promotional tool for Freddie. Most of the articles are quotes of Adam praising Freddie Mercury.

In fact, it doesn't even bother me that Adam sings for Queen. Maybe I'll even see them someday. He can continure on, I don't mind. What I do mind is when Adam Worshippers thinks that Adam is the reason for Freddie's continuing popularity, or that Adam has revived Queen, or that Adam keeps Freddie's legacy alive. Thats untrue, because Freddie only gets more popular as the years go by. He always did. Fairytales of yesterday will grow, but never die.

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 17:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't even think Adam is a bad singer. I haven't once criticized Adam singing a Queen song (except on Somebody To Love, and it wasn't the singing, it was the sexual references). Have you noticed that yet? I criticize Adam's solo work, but not his singing for Queen. I say he has poor management, and makes poor musical decisions... of course I think even his fans know he's capable of creating crap better than Super Power.

I especially criticize those who think Adam is the reason for Queen's increasing popularity.

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 17:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh and I’ve said Adam doesn’t sing as husky as Freddie on the rock songs... but he doesn’t. Wish he did! If he did, things would be so much better to have a vocalist that actually sounds as if he has a rock and roll bone in his body.

Hotdog
SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5031 posts

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 17:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And, again, Mr. Cosmic, which live QAL shows have you been to? Adam sings rock and roll just fine. My Queen favorites he has performed are Stone Cold Crazy And Machines (Or Back To Humans). His version of Whole Lotta Love is what got Spike and Roger excited about working with him.

Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 17:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I haven’t, I’ve watched plenty of YouTube videos, and I do have ears, I hear the audio. He doesn’t sing like a rock vocalist.

Spike’s not a member of Queen, nice talent, but you act as though he is an official Queen member. When Spike saw Adam, Spike had no idea that he’d even tour with Brian and Roger again.

Hotdog

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 18:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

I don't even think Adam is a bad singer. I haven't once criticized Adam singing a Queen song (except on Somebody To Love, and it wasn't the singing, it was the sexual references). Have you noticed that yet? I criticize Adam's solo work, but not his singing for Queen. I say he has poor management, and makes poor musical decisions... of course I think even his fans know he's capable of creating crap better than Super Power.

I especially criticize those who think Adam is the reason for Queen's increasing popularity.

So if you don't think he's a bad singer why do you constantly put down the one song and not mention all the others he has, are you saying there's not one solitary song he's done that you don't consider rubbish? For the record SP is my least favourite of his recent stuff but I don't disparage every single thing he does because of one song any more than I would have wrote Queen off for Body Language - hardly a masterpiece IMO but they made up for it with other stuff.

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 18:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

Oh and I’ve said Adam doesn’t sing as husky as Freddie on the rock songs... but he doesn’t. Wish he did! If he did, things would be so much better to have a vocalist that actually sounds as if he has a rock and roll bone in his body.

No he doesn't sing as husky as Freddie but I don't judge every singer by Freddie so why would I do that with Adam? There's tons of singers I love and they all sound different, keeps things interesting, I love Freddie but I'd get pretty bored eventually if every singer sang like him and had no other style. Maybe it's me but I don't really want Adam to sing like Freddie, I love his voice as it is and I can listen to the songs sung by Freddie any time I like, for a live show I don't need Adam to change the way he sings, I can honestly say there wasn't a single moment of the show where I thought I wish he'd have sung that more husky or rock. Incidentally despite what you might think he does sound different live, I've listened to the vids from the show I saw and they don't sound anywhere near the same. Same thing with Foreigner, Kelly sounded very different live as well.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3476 posts

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 19:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AngelR wrote:

He will be a sad footnote - not even in Queen history as this is far from Queen.

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 19:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

And, again, Mr. Cosmic, which live QAL shows have you been to? Adam sings rock and roll just fine. My Queen favorites he has performed are Stone Cold Crazy And Machines (Or Back To Humans). His version of Whole Lotta Love is what got Spike and Roger excited about working with him.

If I heard this tool destroying Whole Lotta love I would not tell anybody......

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 19:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

I haven’t, I’ve watched plenty of YouTube videos, and I do have ears, I hear the audio. He doesn’t sing like a rock vocalist.

Spike’s not a member of Queen, nice talent, but you act as though he is an official Queen member. When Spike saw Adam, Spike had no idea that he’d even tour with Brian and Roger again.

He sings like a broadway muppet trying to do a rocksong and is failing miserably. Sad twat

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 19:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

MisterCosmicc wrote:

No he doesn't sing as husky as Freddie but I don't judge every singer by Freddie so why would I do that with Adam? There's tons of singers I love and they all sound different, keeps things interesting, I love Freddie but I'd get pretty bored eventually if every singer sang like him and had no other style. Maybe it's me but I don't really want Adam to sing like Freddie, I love his voice as it is and I can listen to the songs sung by Freddie any time I like, for a live show I don't need Adam to change the way he sings, I can honestly say there wasn't a single moment of the show where I thought I wish he'd have sung that more husky or rock. Incidentally despite what you might think he does sound different live, I've listened to the vids from the show I saw and they don't sound anywhere near the same. Same thing with Foreigner, Kelly sounded very different live as well.

And those "tons of singers" are who? YOu are just obsessed by thins Lamebird thing

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5128 posts

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 19:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Look in the mirror,Icy! You see fault in everyone, but not much in yourself. A little but more introspection might be in order and posting somewhere else other than on a QAL/Adam thread, since all you do is spew hate and negativity. You never have an original thought, it is just throwing crap back at people, accusing them of things that make no difference and a lot of the time, you don't even understand the gist of what they said. Over and out for another few weeks!

Oh look who is back. Says the person who came here and comes here just to fight with me.
See ya, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 19:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AngelR wrote:

In your dreams. I don't think he'd end up with a footnote or a PS.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 19:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

If I heard this tool destroying Whole Lotta love I would not tell anybody......

That's the "example" she holds up when trying to prove AL can sing rock music. She must have posted links to him singing it countless times by now. Not the example I would try to convince people he can sing rock.

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 19:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

And those "tons of singers" are who? YOu are just obsessed by thins Lamebird thing

Do you really want a list?

Miljeko Matijevik, Ronnie James Dio, Joe Lynn Turner, Klaus Meine, Lou Gramm, Steve Perry, Jared Leto, Myles Kennedy, David Draiman, David Coverdale, Bernie Shaw - I'll stop now but there's plenty more.

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 19:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

AngelR wrote:

Oh but he will - it's pretty obvious from the comments on social media and the media posts by music mags and news outlets etc that he'll still be talked about with Queen even after they stop touring.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 19:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

AngelR wrote:

Oh but he will - it's pretty obvious from the comments on social media and the media posts by music mags and news outlets etc that he'll still be talked about with Queen even after they stop touring.

From the ones who think he has replaced Freddie and sings for Queen?
Thing is, will he be talked a out more for his solo music, Q+AL or his covers. What do you think?

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 19:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

From the ones who think he has replaced Freddie and sings for Queen?
Thing is, will he be talked a out more for his solo music, Q+AL or his covers. What do you think?

No one with any sense thinks he's replaced Freddie, he says constantly he's not a replacement and doesn't like being called that. The media occasionally call him the Queen singer but that's likely just the way they word it they don't actually talk about him like that in articles and the average Queen fan definitely doesn't think he's replacing Freddie.

No idea what he'll be most known for and I don't think it matters, he's a singer and he'll be known for his voice whether that be singing solo music, Queen music or any other covers he's done it's the voice that gets talked about in the media and since he's all about the voice I'm sure he'll be happy with that. Would he like huge success with his solo music - yeah as much as any artist would but he's a realist and is happy he's still performing and has a career, anything else is a bonus.