Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > The best live singer on the planet!

forum rss feed
Author

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5120 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 20:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

From the ones who think he has replaced Freddie and sings for Queen?
Thing is, will he be talked a out more for his solo music, Q+AL or his covers. What do you think?


No one with any sense thinks he's replaced Freddie, he says constantly he's not a replacement and doesn't like being called that. The media occasionally call him the Queen singer but that's likely just the way they word it they don't actually talk about him like that in articles and the average Queen fan definitely doesn't think he's replacing Freddie.

No idea what he'll be most known for and I don't think it matters, he's a singer and he'll be known for his voice whether that be singing solo music, Queen music or any other covers he's done it's the voice that gets talked about in the media and since he's all about the voice I'm sure he'll be happy with that. Would he like huge success with his solo music - yeah as much as any artist would but he's a realist and is happy he's still performing and has a career, anything else is a bonus.


I wish some of his fans knew he wasn't a replacement. Credit to him for saying he hasn't replaced Freddie, but I've noticed lately he has been saying he is the singer for Queen, which I disagree with. He is the singer for Brian and Roger.
I think he will be known for some his covers. The Believe one got much press, and it made Cher emotional, which I think had alot to do with it. His solo music isn't that noteworthy frankly.
To those who think AL is the better all and end all, if not for Brian and Roger and Queen, I doubt he would have the career he does now, if not for that.

MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 20:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam is mentioned these days in reference to Queen because he tours with them. That doesn’t make it legendary, nor does it mean he’ll be remembered for the association for centuries. They weren’t groundbreaking, they released no records. What radio play? What signature songs? Most diehard Queen fans, who contribute greatly to Freddie’s legacy, won’t care if Adam and Queen part ways.

Queen’s legendary songs keep the legacy going. Not their touring...


Hotdog
AngelR user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 95 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 21:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc, Don't you think there's a reason why there's hardly any releases from QAL? Queen fans concentrate on streaming and buying original music as the result. Look at the statistics of Queen sales increases, it's quite impressive what they've achieved especially in the USA since their tours started with AL in 2012, and well before the movie! You can check the numbers on QOL. Not sure why any fan would deny the obvious?


runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3473 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 21:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

And, again, Mr. Cosmic, which live QAL shows have you been to? Adam sings rock and roll just fine. My Queen favorites he has performed are Stone Cold Crazy And Machines (Or Back To Humans). His version of Whole Lotta Love is what got Spike and Roger excited about working with him.



If I heard this tool destroying Whole Lotta love I would not tell anybody......


That's the "example" she holds up when trying to prove AL can sing rock music. She must have posted links to him singing it countless times by now. Not the example I would try to convince people he can sing rock.


The Queen songs are annoying from him but this is the worst I have ever witnessed. SOunds like a drunk drag Queen trying to do WLL Karaoke

MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 21:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, what do you mean?

Queen have been charting regularly in the USA since before Adam. I don’t need any copy and pasted numbers on QOL, Billboard gives a list of numbers. I do find it unlikely that Adam Worshippers would actually bother buying a Freddie product. Bohemian Rhapsody hit #1 on the Hot Digital Songs chart in 2011...

Many people buy the physical copies. Do you know about 12” and 7” versions? Single versions? Edits? Etc? Queen fans love that shit. They love a feeling of buying a physical copy of an album or single and to read the credits and crap.


Hotdog
MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 22:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Regularly Queen are on the digital rock charts for Bohemian Rhapsody, We Will Rock You, We Are The Champions. This has been occurring regularly... since the 90’s. Every year.


Hotdog
Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5120 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 22:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AngelR wrote:

MisterCosmicc, Don't you think there's a reason why there's hardly any releases from QAL? Queen fans concentrate on streaming and buying original music as the result. Look at the statistics of Queen sales increases, it's quite impressive what they've achieved especially in the USA since their tours started with AL in 2012, and well before the movie! You can check the numbers on QOL. Not sure why any fan would deny the obvious?


Yes, it's all because of AL and Q+AL the music is more popular than ever...keep telling yourself that.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5025 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 22:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don’t hear “husky” or gritty in Freddie’s voice. He was a baritone and sang deeper than Adam is able to do but Freddie’s voice was smooth and mellow compared to other rock singers like Joe Elliott or Steven Tyler or Mick Jagger.



Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5120 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 22:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

And, again, Mr. Cosmic, which live QAL shows have you been to? Adam sings rock and roll just fine. My Queen favorites he has performed are Stone Cold Crazy And Machines (Or Back To Humans). His version of Whole Lotta Love is what got Spike and Roger excited about working with him.



If I heard this tool destroying Whole Lotta love I would not tell anybody......


That's the "example" she holds up when trying to prove AL can sing rock music. She must have posted links to him singing it countless times by now. Not the example I would try to convince people he can sing rock.



The Queen songs are annoying from him but this is the worst I have ever witnessed. SOunds like a drunk drag Queen trying to do WLL Karaoke


It's pretty cringe worthy, hardly the best example to try to prove anything. The first time I heard and watched it, I was shocked how bad it was, IMO. Yikes.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5120 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 22:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I don’t hear “husky” or gritty in Freddie’s voice. He was a baritone and sang deeper than Adam is able to do but Freddie’s voice was smooth and mellow compared to other rock singers like Joe Elliott or Steven Tyler or Mick Jagger.



Goes to prove how little you listened to Freddie then, if you don't hear husky or gritty in his voice. I Want It All? Was It All Worth It? Liar? The Prophets Song? Death On Two Legs? Ever hear Freddie sing those. Doubt you ever have.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5025 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 22:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I absolutely LOVE this .....

http://youtu.be/39s9QrsU-XI

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5120 posts
add to buddy list send PM

AngelR user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 95 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 23:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc, I think I said streaming numbers! I'd include iTunes there as well. Check it out on QOL when it's back working, very interesting statistics. Of course the majority of streaming came from younger GP, new fans discovering Queen and checking their music out after/before tour. The BoRha and Don't stop me now and the Greatest Hits album were obvious winners after every tour date.

MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 23:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They are on the charts every year. Before 2012.

Queen had 18 top 40 hits after the movie... surprised Adam didn’t benefit at all.


Hotdog
MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Nov 19, 23:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AngelR wrote:

MisterCosmicc, I think I said streaming numbers! I'd include iTunes there as well. Check it out on QOL when it's back working, very interesting statistics. Of course the majority of streaming came from younger GP, new fans discovering Queen and checking their music out after/before tour. The BoRha and Don't stop me now and the Greatest Hits album were obvious winners after every tour date.


Billboard has a streaming chart =) If it's not top 100, I don't want to hear about it. I know Adam Worshippers doesn't mind letting the world know that Adam hit #994 on the streaming chart, but that's rediculous and embarrassing.

On US Billboard, Queen are currently at #25 on the US Billboard. To chart on the Billboard Top 200, all figures are compiled. Physical, digital, and streaming, too.

You should read into it. A hit on the iTunes chart isn't a big deal unless you're a small-time, hardly known musician/band.

I'm honestly shocked that even Supah Pow-Wah can't hit the top 100 and Velvet A wasn't a hit. If his streaming numbers were even close to other groups's numbers, certainly Adam would chart better. STREAMING IS INCLUDED in the Billboard Top 200.

https://olitunes.com/much-music-need-sell-get-billboard-charts/


Hotdog
Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5120 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Nov 19, 00:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There will be a day set aside this weekend so AL fans and Glamberts if they wish they can can stream to try to push his numbers.
Trying to fudge the numbers...once again.

MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Nov 19, 00:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

There will be a day set aside this weekend so AL fans and Glamberts if they wish they can can stream to try to push his numbers.
Trying to fudge the numbers...once again.


Yes, they think that makes him relevant. Only relevant to their cell phones... and no one else. I'd be pissed off if I was Adam.


Hotdog
Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5120 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Nov 19, 00:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

There will be a day set aside this weekend so AL fans and Glamberts if they wish they can can stream to try to push his numbers.
Trying to fudge the numbers...once again.


Yes, they think that makes him relevant. Only relevant to their cell phones... and no one else. I'd be pissed off if I was Adam.


Putting this here before I'm called a liar again...this is how some try to fudge his numbers. And it doesn't help him.

Attachment: 201911211506161379.png 938 KB
This has been downloaded 7 time(s).


MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Nov 19, 00:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not surprising. What a bunch of morons.


Hotdog
Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5120 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Nov 19, 00:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

Not surprising. What a bunch of morons.


Yep, pretty much cheating. Nothing new, I'm just shocked it's still being done.