Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > The best live singer on the planet!

forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5032 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Nov 19, 03:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5128 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 19, 03:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Saint Jiub wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Saint Jiub wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

IMO, AL is riding on coattails. It's known he makes pretty good money from the shows. Yep, more money than his solo career without any doubt.
However, that does not mean that I blame Brian and Roger for Freddie's death. Seriously, what the actual hell.
And I've never said only Freddie mattered in Queen. Queen were four members, Freddie, Brian Roger and John.
I'm tired of AL fans and the Glamberts saying things about me and twisting things, some of which I've never would think, let alone say. For the record, no I don't blame Brian and Roger for Freddie's death. Unbelievable you would "ask" and try to pin that on me.

Why is it that every glambert attempts rides your ass and puts words in your mouth?

Every other AL critic is treated reasonably or ignored.

Not putting words in her mouth she openly says Adam's riding coat tails all the time both here and on QOL. And if you read my original comment I wasn't "Saying" she blames them for Freddie's death it was a rhetorical question meaning it's not their fault, it's a euphemism as I've already explained.

I don't quite get why my saying he is riding on coattails so insulting or offensive. I'm not saying you are like that, maybe annoyed. But why?
I think the worst thing you ever "asked" me if I fault Brian and Roger for Freddie's death. And I don't know if you read my posts on QOL, or have interacted with me over there, it's something I've never posted or even felt. But that will be likely be something that someone else will try to pin on me, like almost every thing else she can think of. Rhetorical question to you maybe, but it's not a good one no offense.
There we have it, Glamberts and AL fans ride my ass because I say AL is riding on coattails of Freddie's and Queens's legacy. Wow, ok.

Excellent post Icy

If I didn't know better, I would have thought I posted about AL looking like a tranny, or posted that someone was like Hitler and the Gestapo. Or to use a critically ill parent to have a go at someone for assumpotions about mental health. Funny, I don't remember ever doing any of that.
It all comes down that I say AL is riding on coattails , which is pretty tame compared to other things. Oh well, at least I know something else now. Things I've found out recently, SweetCaroline spams to annoy and I'm hated pretty much because I say AL is riding on coattails. Eye opening eh.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 21 Nov 19, 03:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Forget something?

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 21 Nov 19, 07:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

MisterCosmicc wrote:

Not surprising. What a bunch of morons.

Yep, pretty much cheating. Nothing new, I'm just shocked it's still being done.

Dear god how many times are you gonna go on about that? Who gives a crap it will make zero diffence anyway since the numbers won't be counted on charts, the only reason they do it is to make sure he tours solo, more streams means the promoters will assume more interest for a tour and there's a chance his music will get on playlists if there's more streams but it already did get on playlists at the start so that won't make much difference anyway.

Missed your post earlier so replying now.
As long as numbers are trying to be fudged, I will "go on" @boutique it. First off, it's unfair. Secondly, it doesn't help AL much if at all.
It's done because some of his fans want AL to tour? I don't think so, it's to try to keep his name out there. If they want to AL to tour, fudging numbers isn't the way to do it. Plus, he has been busy touring with Brian and Roger for years now, more than his solo shows. I'd be very successful if he tours for Velvet.
I'm sure if I tried to fudge Elton John's numbers to boost his music, it would be called unfair, and rightly so.
I don't think his numbers will get a big boost after Saturday after the fans streaming.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 19, 10:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

If I didn't know better, I would have thought I posted about AL looking like a tranny, or posted that someone was like Hitler and the Gestapo. Or to use a critically ill parent to have a go at someone for assumpotions about mental health. Funny, I don't remember ever doing any of that.
It all comes down that I say AL is riding on coattails , which is pretty tame compared to other things. Oh well, at least I know something else now. Things I've found out recently, SweetCaroline spams to annoy and I'm hated pretty much because I say AL is riding on coattails. Eye opening eh.

If you can't see how saying Adam is riding coat tails is offensive then I don't know what to tell you, the very definition of the term is offensive.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3476 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 19, 17:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Saint Jiub wrote:

Of course, Jazz+ (Gerry) and runner will never stop posting their redundant drivel ... so there is not much hope.

FU 2 asshat

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5032 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 19, 17:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another Adam solo event for you sweetheart Queen fans to pick on - Pittsburgh, November 22:

http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/music/2019/11/15/Light-Up-Night-schedule-Adam-Lambert-Pittsburgh-Downtown/stories/201911150115

I wish he would sing a Christmas song like “O Holy Night!”

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 21 Nov 19, 18:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

If you can't see how saying Adam is riding coat tails is offensive then I don't know what to tell you, the very definition of the term is offensive.

Well, you are offended by what I say. Why? I think it's much more insulting when some people think AL is the only reason Queen is so popular these days, all out offensive when it's said Queen fans wanted Brian Roger and John to die with Freddie. Tell me what is worse to post on a Queen board.
Very eye opening what you are offended by and not.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 21 Nov 19, 18:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Another Adam solo event for you sweetheart Queen fans to pick on - Pittsburgh, November 22:

http://www.post-gazette.com/ae/music/2019/11/15/Light-Up-Night-schedule-Adam-Lambert-Pittsburgh-Downtown/stories/201911150115

I wish he would sing a Christmas song like “O Holy Night!”

Another solo event for notsosweetcaroline to spam about and promote.
I wish you would STFU.

Posted: 21 Nov 19, 20:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Well, you are offended by what I say. Why? I think it's much more insulting when some people think AL is the only reason Queen is so popular these days, all out offensive when it's said Queen fans wanted Brian Roger and John to die with Freddie. Tell me what is worse to post on a Queen board.

Saying riding coat tails is by definition offensive period.

I've never said AL is the only reason Queen is so popular but there's no question them touring for the last seven years has helped their popularity, new fans discovering them etc but the movie has had a massive impact and brought tons of new fans and new interest in them as a band and increased their music sales.

I've never said Queen fans wanted Roger & Brian to die with Freddie and if you read the original post by SC that's not what was said, context and inference is everything when reading a post.

I'm not responsible for what others post and neither is Adam - my whole point is why piss on everything he does because of a few fans who think the sun rises and sets with him? Even if those comments were said and meant as you've taken them they still don't warrant calling Adam for them.

Posted: 21 Nov 19, 20:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Missed your post earlier so replying now.
As long as numbers are trying to be fudged, I will "go on" @boutique it. First off, it's unfair. Secondly, it doesn't help AL much if at all.
It's done because some of his fans want AL to tour? I don't think so, it's to try to keep his name out there. If they want to AL to tour, fudging numbers isn't the way to do it. Plus, he has been busy touring with Brian and Roger for years now, more than his solo shows. I'd be very successful if he tours for Velvet.
I'm sure if I tried to fudge Elton John's numbers to boost his music, it would be called unfair, and rightly so.
I don't think his numbers will get a big boost after Saturday after the fans streaming.

Adam will tour when he has time between the QAL shows, pretty much most of next year is already booked so releasing side B next year then touring later is his plan, no idea why you'd imagine that won't happen, the guy loves touring and has waited (for various reasons) four years to release new music, he's not gonna do that and not tour it so of course his fans will do whatever they can to make sure that happens or at least try even if their ideas are misplaced.

I'm sure it won't make much difference if they all decide to stream on Saturday, it certainly won't make a difference on the charts but that's not what they're doing it for, more streams means more chance of getting on bigger streaming lists and therefore more people hearing the music who might not othewise. And Adam's fans are far from the only one's who try to fudge the figures, it's well known that being an artist now is far more than just releasing music and a lot rides on their fans being proactive, the industry looks at social media posts, retweets, likes, followers and streaming numbers to decide on popularity and therefore chance of a tour being successful.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 21 Nov 19, 21:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Saying riding coat tails is by definition offensive period.

I've never said AL is the only reason Queen is so popular but there's no question them touring for the last seven years has helped their popularity, new fans discovering them etc but the movie has had a massive impact and brought tons of new fans and new interest in them as a band and increased their music sales.

I've never said Queen fans wanted Roger & Brian to die with Freddie and if you read the original post by SC that's not what was said, context and inference is everything when reading a post.

I'm not responsible for what others post and neither is Adam - my whole point is why piss on everything he does because of a few fans who think the sun rises and sets with him? Even if those comments were said and meant as you've taken them they still don't warrant calling Adam for them.

Queen's music was always being sold, played etc. I think the movie helped geto more Queen new fans way more than Q+AL did.
Context my ass. You go read what she posted. Gee, another one who defends what she does, even at her worst. Go figure. Yet, my saying AL rides on coattails is somehow much worse, go figure.
I don't know what AL would think of some of what he fans say and do. Trying to fudge numbers is wrong, and so is delving in his personal life. Somone that posts here picture of a young AL was linked to days ago, just because someone held it as an example that AL played the gutair.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 21 Nov 19, 21:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I bumped SweetCaroline's post for you, rockchic. In case you do t notice it, here is what she stated...her own words. Context my ass, because she's made it clear what she thinks about Queen fans.

"Queen fans wanted Queen's music and Brian, Roger and John to all die the die the day Freddie died. They can't stand the show has gone on! Unbelievable!"

Posted: 21 Nov 19, 22:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I bumped SweetCaroline's post for you, rockchic. In case you do t notice it, here is what she stated...her own words. Context my ass, because she's made it clear what she thinks about Queen fans.

"Queen fans wanted Queen's music and Brian, Roger and John to all die the die the day Freddie died. They can't stand the show has gone on! Unbelievable!"

I don't 100% know what she meant since I'm not her but my inference of the comment was "Queen fans wanted their music and Brian, Roger and John to die" meaning to retire, stop, go away and not be a band anymore not die as in literally die (be dead). If that's what she meant then fair enough I'll stand corrected but that's not how I read the comment - like I said context and inference.

Posted: 21 Nov 19, 22:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Queen's music was always being sold, played etc. I think the movie helped geto more Queen new fans way more than Q+AL did.
Context my ass. You go read what she posted. Gee, another one who defends what she does, even at her worst. Go figure. Yet, my saying AL rides on coattails is somehow much worse, go figure.
I don't know what AL would think of some of what he fans say and do. Trying to fudge numbers is wrong, and so is delving in his personal life. Somone that posts here picture of a young AL was linked to days ago, just because someone held it as an example that AL played the gutair.

I'm not defending her I'm saying most of what she posts seems to me to be retaliation for the comments about Adam and IMO taking that out on Adam is childish, it's not his fault what his fans post even if she did mean what you thought.

I'd say he'd probably be horified by some of the comments but so would most artists including Freddie if he were here and saw some of the comments Queen fans post on facebook etc, par for the course as a public figure. I don't consider posting that pic of him as a kid as delving into his personal life but it was a pointless post IMO.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5922 posts

Posted: 21 Nov 19, 22:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Glambert cosa nostra in full flow. Black is white, up is down, war is peace etc.

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."

Posted: 21 Nov 19, 22:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^^^ What do you call cosmicc? No mafia if the QAL part of the site was left for QAL fans instead of a constant bitchfest about Adam by people who have no interest in him other than to troll.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 21 Nov 19, 22:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

The Glambert cosa nostra in full flow. Black is white, up is down, war is peace etc.

It's insane isn't it?

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 21 Nov 19, 22:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I don't 100% know what she meant since I'm not her but my inference of the comment was "Queen fans wanted their music and Brian, Roger and John to die" meaning to retire, stop, go away and not be a band anymore not die as in literally die (be dead). If that's what she meant then fair enough I'll stand corrected but that's not how I read the comment - like I said context and inference.

It's right there what she posted, word for word. Of course, she will come back to thank you and say that's exactly what she meant, which is bullshit. She assumed Queen fans wanted Brian, Roger and John to die with Freddie, the very same day even. Context again, my ass. No matter what she does, she will be defended it seems by AL fans and the Glamberts on Queen boards. Something else that she had posted before she doesn't like what some say about AL, context, inference...such bullshit. She was wrong to say that, why is that so hard to admit?

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 21 Nov 19, 22:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I'm not defending her I'm saying most of what she posts seems to me to be retaliation for the comments about Adam and IMO taking that out on Adam is childish, it's not his fault what his fans post even if she did mean what you thought.

I'd say he'd probably be horified by some of the comments but so would most artists including Freddie if he were here and saw some of the comments Queen fans post on facebook etc, par for the course as a public figure. I don't consider posting that pic of him as a kid as delving into his personal life but it was a pointless post IMO.

Tit for tat, because she can't get her own way. How mature.
I'm not ta,ingredients anything out on Adam, not sure where you get that from. My saying he's riding on coattails, is nothing new, I've been giving that view for years.
Posting links to a flight tracker while he was travelling the plane, linking to pics of his mother getting married , putting it out there that he ended a relationship, pic of AL as a young kid and AL with a very young kid, is delving into his personal life, and that's the things SweetCaroline has done on Queen boards. It isn't healthy for one thing to even do it on an an AL board, let alone a Queen board. Pointless? It's creepy.