Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > The best live singer on the planet!

forum rss feed
Author

MisterCosmicc user is on Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1453 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 10:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Superpower was #29 on single sales chart here

According to the Official UK singles chart, Supah PowWah failed to chart. Where the Hell did you get that number from?

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 10:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

he's doing ok for an indie -

Not okay for an indie who had three top 10 albums previously.

Take Neon Trees for example. Their work sort of mirrors Adam's, not in terms of style, but the amount of albums. Both three, both now indie. They also have a hard time creating a hit being indie, but their streams are 3x as many as Adam's.

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 10:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

often the highest charting songs on billboard don't have much in sales but make up for it in streaming

And Adam can't even come even close to do that to even hit the 90's. That's terrible for someone who use to have hit albums and singles.

Hotdog
rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 10:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Superpower was #29 on single sales chart here

According to the Official UK singles chart, Supah PowWah failed to chart. Where the Hell did you get that number from?

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/EIUHaOpX0AQ43Zm?format=png&name=900x900

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 10:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

he's doing ok for an indie -

Not okay for an indie who had three top 10 albums previously.

Take Neon Trees for example. Their work sort of mirrors Adam's, not in terms of style, but the amount of albums. Both three, both now indie. They also have a hard time creating a hit being indie, but their streams are 3x as many as Adam's.

So because he was previously with a major label that should make a difference now he's gone indie? And you've just proved my point - Adam has never had huge numbers of followers and a lot of his followers aren't the type who stream music either so he needs exposure to new fans - which he gets every time he does a live appearance and shoots up the itunes chart or the uk chart - that #29 was after his appearance on Strictly - clearly when people see him on a live show they check him out. His followers are increasing gradually each time he does another live appearance so he's going in the right direction.

Just a question - I'm not familiar with Neon Trees but does their singer take huge amounts of time off to front another band by any chance?

Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 10:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's what it says, but that's not the Official UK Charts website...

Here you go
https://www.officialcharts.com/artist/5949/adam-lambert/

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 10:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Adam has never had huge numbers of followers and a lot of his followers

He has a lot more followers than a lot of people who are charting higher... it's as if his own followers aren't buying his music.

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 10:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

a lot of his followers aren't the type who stream music either

You told me last week that no one buys music anymore, they just download it or stream it on Spotify, etc

Hotdog

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 10:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

The charts aren’t about popularity. They are about sales and streams. That’s precisely how the overall measurement is done. Yes, people still make money with music. Yes there’s people who still create number one hits and sell millions. Adam, isn’t one of them, but yes, the Billboard Hot 100 (singles) and Billboard 200 (albums) measure sales (physical and digital)... and streams. They measure the overall spectrum. Streaming is included in those numbers, that’s one of the reasons why 18 of Queen’s singles were top 40 hits again after the movie.

But Queen have 11 million followers on Youtube and are legends who've had a career spanning 40 years with 13 albums before Freddie's death and the two after - Adam can hardly be compared to that. Billboard counts US sales, streams etc as far as I know so the numbers in the UK and other places aren't included. He actually did better in the UK this time, maybe all the promo he did and getting played on radio.

MisterCosmicc wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

often the highest charting songs on billboard don't have much in sales but make up for it in streaming

And Adam can't even come even close to do that to even hit the 90's. That's terrible for someone who use to have hit albums and singles.

And the backing of a major label.

Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

rockchic65 wrote:

Just a question - I'm not familiar with Neon Trees but does their singer take huge amounts of time off to front another band by any chance?

Nope, but they never tour anymore. Only a concert here or there, occasionally. They only promote via Instagram/Facebook and they don't have many followers (32.1K on Instagram, 1.1M on Facebook). They release a lot less music than Adam.

Certainly Adam would gain more interest even while touring with Queen, right?

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 10:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

And the backing of a major label.

Neon Trees releases their music only digitally like Adam these days. No backing of a major label, but their streams are three times as much.

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 10:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

But Queen have 11 million followers on Youtube and are legends who've had a career spanning 40 years with 13 albums before Freddie's death and the two after - Adam can hardly be compared to that. Billboard counts US sales, streams etc as far as I know so the numbers in the UK and other places aren't included. He actually did better in the UK this time, maybe all the promo he did and getting played on radio.

I'm not comparing their sales.

I'm showing you how songs can appear on the chart via downloads and streams.

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 10:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

He actually did better in the UK this time

Not according to the official UK charts.

Hotdog

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 10:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

a lot of his followers aren't the type who stream music either

You told me last week that no one buys music anymore, they just download it or stream it on Spotify, etc

I said in general a lot of people don't buy music and just stream, obviously some still buy music and Adam has fans who do buy but without having millions of followers once they've bought the album that's the sales done, they aren't gonna keep buying it so he needs higher numbers of followers who do both or at least tons of streamers.

Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 10:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Billboard counts US sales, streams etc as far as I know so the numbers in the UK and other places aren't included.

I know that. I'm well aquinted with the UK and US charts. Only an idiot would think Billboard represents both countries.

Hotdog

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 10:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

That's what it says, but that's not the Official UK Charts website...

Here you go
https://www.officialcharts.com/artist/5949/adam-lambert/

No idea why that's out of date but you can clearly see that it did chart straight after the strictly live show at #29 and that his album was at #30 but previously at #5.

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 10:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Adam has never had huge numbers of followers and a lot of his followers

He has a lot more followers than a lot of people who are charting higher... it's as if his own followers aren't buying his music.

No idea where you get the idea he has tons of followers.

Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 10:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

without having millions of followers streamers.

He has an impressingly large amount of followers, believe it or not. 4 million on his Facebook. If 1 out of every 50 bought his album, he'd be rolling in money and big hits!

Hotdog

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 10:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Billboard counts US sales, streams etc as far as I know so the numbers in the UK and other places aren't included.

I know that. I'm well aquinted with the UK and US charts. Only an idiot would think Billboard represents both countries.

Which begs the question why you keep going on about billboard as if it's the only chart that matters - it may be to you in the US but the rest of the world have their own charts and the UK matters to us. Ask Jazz since he used to keep harping on Adam not having UK hits and being unknown here - he seems to think the only chart that's ever mattered is the UK one - seems everyone thinks their own countries chart is the most important. Adam has gained more popularity in the UK recently and seems to do less well in the US except for the Hot AC which he's steadlily been increasing on and is now #39.