Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > The best live singer on the planet!

forum rss feed
Author

MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1453 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 10:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

No idea why that's out of date but you can clearly see that it did chart straight after the strictly live show at #29 and that his album was at #30 but previously at #5.



The site you linked to wasn't an official charts page... the link I gave you was. So, I don't know why they'd have the number before the official chart page! Strange!


Hotdog
MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1453 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 10:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

No idea where you get the idea he has tons of followers.


4+ million on Facebook, over 1 million on Instagram. That's a lot. Sure, not like Taylor Swift. But it's well a lot more than other people with big hits. You can't only compare him to Taylor Swift and those other pop artists.


Hotdog
MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1453 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 10:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:


Which begs the question why you keep going on about billboard as if it's the only chart that matters



Because I'm a US resident and that's the chart I'm going by. It's not as if other charts are much better.


Hotdog
rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 10:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

without having millions of followers streamers.


He has an impressingly large amount of followers, believe it or not. 4 million on his Facebook. If 1 out of every 50 bought his album, he'd be rolling in money and big hits!


He's had that facebook a/c since 2009 and it's likely there's lots of people who followed him while on Idol and just after who now don't actively follow him, all Idol, x factor contestants have a drop off in interest after the show ends and lots of people never bother unfollowing an artist even if they don't carry on buying their music and I've seen tons of comments recently from people who hadn't been actively following him and didn't even realize he was still doing anything - they know now and are checking his new stuff out hence the increase in followers recently.



MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1453 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 10:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Adam has gained more popularity in the UK recently and seems to do less well in the US except for the Hot AC which he's steadlily been increasing on and is now #39.



The Hot AC chart is literally airplay on adult oriented radio. If you're proud of that number, you can say, "Yay, he's getting airplay..."

.... but the people still aren't buying it despite the exposure.

You've said people don't stream. So they don't buy digitally either? They need the physical album? You've said people don't do that anymore, and that I should look at his streaming numbers (which are low, by the way). You contradict yourself over the whole streaming vs digital vs physical.


Hotdog
rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 10:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

No idea why that's out of date but you can clearly see that it did chart straight after the strictly live show at #29 and that his album was at #30 but previously at #5.



The site you linked to wasn't an official charts page... the link I gave you was. So, I don't know why they'd have the number before the official chart page! Strange!


That was a screenshot someone did, it's the exact same chart, this is the actual site they got the figures from, I've changed the date so you can see the single at #29
http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-sales-chart/20191101/7509/

MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1453 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 10:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

He's had that facebook a/c since 2009 and it's likely there's lots of people who followed him while on Idol and just after who now don't actively follow him, all Idol, x factor contestants have a drop off in interest after the show ends



He was on the show for one season... he had three hit albums since then. You mean, maybe after he created three hit albums, people have lost interest? Maybe it's the music that is bugging people from listening to him.


Hotdog
MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1453 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 10:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

That was a screenshot someone did, it's the exact same chart, this is the actual site they got the figures from, I've changed the date so you can see the single at #29
http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-sales-chart/20191101/7509/



Good, there's an official link. Congradulations to Adam Lambert.


Hotdog
rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 10:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Adam has gained more popularity in the UK recently and seems to do less well in the US except for the Hot AC which he's steadlily been increasing on and is now #39.



The Hot AC chart is literally airplay on adult oriented radio. If you're proud of that number, you can say, "Yay, he's getting airplay..."

.... but the people still aren't buying it despite the exposure.

You've said people don't stream. So they don't buy digitally either? They need the physical album? You've said people don't do that anymore, and that I should look at his streaming numbers (which are low, by the way). You contradict yourself over the whole streaming vs digital vs physical.


He has fans of all types, some stream, some buy digital downloads and some buy physical copies, his fans did all three but not in high enough numbers in the US to make higher than around #146 on billboard. Clearly in the UK they did buy and digital download or the song wouldn't have charted at #29 and the EP wouldn't have charted at #5. Also itunes where a lot of people buy music (myself included) has it's own chart where he charted high and has since been up and down the chart, clearly people are buying and downloading on there as well.



MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1453 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 11:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

they know now and are checking his new stuff out hence the increase in followers recently.



I thought you don't care about popularity and increases in followers? Certainly you look more into him, and more often than you act, to notice a difference.


Hotdog
MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1453 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 11:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

the EP wouldn't have charted at #5.



If you read earlier in this thread, you claimed EP's can't even chart in the UK LOL


Hotdog
rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 11:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

He's had that facebook a/c since 2009 and it's likely there's lots of people who followed him while on Idol and just after who now don't actively follow him, all Idol, x factor contestants have a drop off in interest after the show ends



He was on the show for one season... he had three hit albums since then. You mean, maybe after he created three hit albums, people have lost interest? Maybe it's the music that is bugging people from listening to him.


Well that's not what it sounds like from people's comments everywhere but after his album in 2015 he's had four years of nothing much in new music and this is the first time he's put music out independently.


MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1453 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 11:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Also itunes where a lot of people buy music (myself included) has it's own chart where he charted high and has since been up and down the chart, clearly people are buying and downloading on there as well.



iTunes chart is integrated in the Billboard Hot 100 here in the USA. It measures all digital sales, physical sales, and streams... they tally it up and compare to other artists.


Hotdog
rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 11:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

they know now and are checking his new stuff out hence the increase in followers recently.



I thought you don't care about popularity and increases in followers? Certainly you look more into him, and more often than you act, to notice a difference.


I don't need to he has a fan on Twitter who keeps track of every single increase in followers on every social media site, spotify etc and also keeps track of charts and increases and posts them daily/weekly - simple to just look, I don't need to be checking all the time myself although I do when I need proof like the one you didn't believe was right.



MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1453 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 11:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Well that's not what it sounds like from people's comments everywhere but after his album in 2015 he's had four years of nothing much in new music and this is the first time he's put music out independently.


That's why I said Neon Trees is similar to him. Not in terms of style, or genre, but in terms of... Neon Trees did exactly that same thing.

Three albums (with less success than Adam)... then left the label... put out singles (no EP though) independently. 3x as many streams, 3x less followers.

Adam got to tour a lot with Queen, and everyone knows that's a lot of exposure... unless Adam Worshippers can admit, "Yes, most of the audience in Queen concerts go, not for Adam, but for Brian and Roger"


Hotdog
rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 11:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Also itunes where a lot of people buy music (myself included) has it's own chart where he charted high and has since been up and down the chart, clearly people are buying and downloading on there as well.



iTunes chart is integrated in the Billboard Hot 100 here in the USA. It measures all digital sales, physical sales, and streams... they tally it up and compare to other artists.


But the itunes sales and downloads in other countries won't be included, he went high in the UK and No 1 in some countries. Can't remember the No for the US on release.



rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 11:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Well that's not what it sounds like from people's comments everywhere but after his album in 2015 he's had four years of nothing much in new music and this is the first time he's put music out independently.


That's why I said Neon Trees is similar to him. Not in terms of style, or genre, but in terms of... Neon Trees did exactly that same thing.

Three albums (with less success than Adam)... then left the label... put out singles (no EP though) independently.

Adam got to tour a lot with Queen, and everyone knows that's a lot of exposure... unless Adam Worshippers can admit, "Yes, most of the audience in Queen concerts go, not for Adam, but for Brian and Roger"


A lot of the fans go for B & R and the music, the fact they think Adam does a good job won't make them automatically love his solo stuff since it's so different so although he gets exposure he doesn't get tons of new fans that way.


MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1453 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 11:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:


But the itunes sales and downloads in other countries won't be included



I know... and that's why you look at your county's official chart to see how he is doing overall.


Hotdog
rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 11:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@mistercosmicc

Been interesting chatting lol but I'm off to an appointment now so this will have to be resumed laters

MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1453 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Nov 19, 11:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

A lot of the fans go for B & R and the music, the fact they think Adam does a good job won't make them automatically love his solo stuff since it's so different so although he gets exposure he doesn't get tons of new fans that way.


SweetCaroline disagrees.

I know of Queen fans who have gone only to get a glance of seeing Brian and Roger.

I know some people would go just because going to concerts is fun.

Some diehard Queen fans don't mind Adam singing for them (I don't mind if he continues touring with Queen, I wish I had gotten to see the concert in NYC just for the experience and I live so close).

I know Adam has his own fans there, but if you think about it, it dwarfs in comparison to Queen. That's why there's a lot of arguments here, because people come here, his worshippers, and they big him up, and act as though he's the best thing ever... but you're on a page for Queen and Freddie... us here think Freddie's the best thing ever, and critics tend to agree. Queen are huge... they are the biggest, most famous band in the world.


Hotdog