Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > The best live singer on the planet!

forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5026 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Nov 19, 10:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not sure if this was posted previously — full concert, Adam in Pittsburgh, November 22:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jFxiKOAXaxg&feature=youtu.be&t=510

anadamfan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 248 posts

Posted: 29 Nov 19, 16:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian thinks that Adam might be the best singer on the planet: he just posted it last night on Instagram with links to 2 different videos. It doesn’t matter, what we think. As long as Brian and Roger think Adam is the best singer around, he will be their singer.

First post:
http://www.instagram.com/p/B5byplPl3DJ/?igshid=cm501wwxoxai
brianmayforreal
Jeeeeez ! Just stumbled upon this stunning fragment on a fan site. Is this guy the nuts or what ?!! We’ll have the privilege of working with him again soon - once we get back in the saddle mid January for an audacious long haul around the world. This is @adamlambert - and thanks @adamlambert049 for the clip. Bri

Second post:
http://www.instagram.com/p/B5b0BVaFOA6/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
brianmayforreal
You know - I do sincerely wonder if, in the 7.7 Billion people on Planet Earth there is another voice quite like this. Yay ! I’m having an @adamlambert Adam Lambert evening !! Thanks to a fan account @adamlambert049 - thanks ! Wow - reeling from this totally live performance on the James Corden show. And ... do you feel like you’re watching a huge orchestral rock show ? This stupendous sound is just a voice and a piano !!! Yeeeow. Bri

SweetCaroline

Posted: 29 Nov 19, 17:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

anadamfan, I saw Brian’s first Instagram about Adam’s Elvis performance and posted it in the Rhapsody Tour thread because he mentions their getting together again in January, but I didn’t see the second one.

I also saw this previous post from Brancelli from a vocal coach about Adam’s ability to stretch the vowel sounds. I didn’t watch it before and I suggest it should be watched by the people who constantly say Adam and his music are “crap.” ..........

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=2tNb8G6TCQI

anadamfan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 248 posts

Posted: 29 Nov 19, 17:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I also saw this previous post from Brancelli from a vocal coach about Adam’s ability to stretch the vowel sounds. I didn’t watch it before and I suggest it should be watched by the people who constantly say Adam and his music are “crap.” ..........

Why do you care so much about what other people think about Adam? I mean, if I think an artist is crap, I won’t watch a video about him. By pushing Adam into their faces every day, you actually achieve the opposite of what you want.
Brian and Roger love to play with Adam and know what a great singer he is. I‘m going to see them again next year in an arena that is already sold out.
Isn’t that great? No artist on the planet is liked by everyone. That should be ok.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 29 Nov 19, 19:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It IS okay! I just think the naysayers are nuts! LOL

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5122 posts

Posted: 29 Nov 19, 20:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

It IS okay! I just think the naysayers are nuts! LOL

No, it's not ok for you.
You are the one that is nuts. See your outbursts lately. If you don't, the rest of us do. The nut has cracked.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 29 Nov 19, 20:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

anadamfan wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

Why do you care so much about what other people think about Adam? I mean, if I think an artist is crap, I won’t watch a video about him. By pushing Adam into their faces every day, you actually achieve the opposite of what you want.
Brian and Roger love to play with Adam and know what a great singer he is. I‘m going to see them again next year in an arena that is already sold out.
Isn’t that great? No artist on the planet is liked by everyone. That should be ok.

It's her "job" to "promote" what she thinks he is, as the best etc, in every way possible, especially on Queen boards.
I don't know if SweetCaroline is aware that she has actually turned some people off from wanting to support AL. Because she is so pushy and judgemental. I know after she said on QOL that AL isn't accepted there because he is gay, did more harm than even she realises. That turned people away from wanting to support or be a fan of AL's.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 29 Nov 19, 20:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As for Brian hyping up AL once again ...and after AL didn't say or post a word about Freddie on the 24th, it all leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3473 posts

Posted: 29 Nov 19, 21:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Not sure if this was posted previously — full concert, Adam in Pittsburgh, November 22:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jFxiKOAXaxg&feature=youtu.be&t=510>

Playing in front of about 22 pple

Posted: 29 Nov 19, 21:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jFxiKOAXaxg&feature=youtu.be&t=510>

Playing in front of about 22 pple

Posted: 29 Nov 19, 21:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

As for Brian hyping up AL once again ...and after AL didn't say or post a word about Freddie on the 24th, it all leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

May and AL always leave a bad taste in my mouth for ages now

SweetCaroline

Posted: 29 Nov 19, 22:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow, Brian agrees with me — out of 7.7 billion people on the planet, no one has the spectacular voice that Adam has! Right now — live and dangerous!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 29 Nov 19, 22:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Wow, Brian agrees with me — out of 7.7 billion people on the planet, no one has the spectacular voice that Adam has! Right now — live and dangerous!

What an ego you have, it's out of this world. Brian is trying to sell Adam and Q+AL, so are you. It's not as if you are in any way able to judge many other artists. But of course, AL is the best to you. While you try to knock everyone else down.
Live and dangerous. ..as if. Has nothing on what Pink does. Now, that's live and dangerous, not to mention gutsy.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 29 Nov 19, 23:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, thank God Adam has never tried to fly over the audience on a trapeze or other item. A tricycle or motorcycle is more his style and speed. I absolutely adored Pink’s performance of “Glitter In The Air!”

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 30 Nov 19, 00:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Yes, thank God Adam has never tried to fly over the audience on a trapeze or other item. A tricycle or motorcycle is more his style and speed. I absolutely adored Pink’s performance of “Glitter In The Air!”

Every time I watch Pink do it, I get nervous. But it's absolutely amazing I think. I just hope it always goes well. To do that, and to sing is probably the most gutsy rock performances I've seen in years.
And yes, all on video.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1462 posts

Posted: 30 Nov 19, 01:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, why do you always say that Brian and /or Roger are trying to sell Adam and hype him up? And I am not trying to be argumentative, really. Why couldn't Brian really love his voice? I do and I am sure there are many others like me. It may well be that Brian truly thinks Adam has a spectacular voice and isn't doing it for any nefarious purpose. I am not sure you remember, buy when Time for Miracles came out, way before the collaboration, Brian made some comments about Adam's voice and something about he turned to jelly when he heard him singing that song. It is very possible that Brian truly feels that way and I don't know why you always contradict his opinion as if he is lying and it has no merit. It is just like when you tell me and others that we are not Queen fans. That just isn't true, it is just your opinion and has no basis in fact. You can be a fan without being on your level. I don't think Brian would be touring or doing anything that he thinks would tarnish the Queen legacy, nor would he work with someone whom he thought did a less than stellar job singing with the band.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 30 Nov 19, 02:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian’s reaction to “Time For Miracles” is in this link:

http://www.songfacts.com/facts/adam-lambert/time-for-miracles

I don’t know why the song and video were not released as a single.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 30 Nov 19, 03:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Icy, why do you always say that Brian and /or Roger are trying to sell Adam and hype him up? And I am not trying to be argumentative, really. Why couldn't Brian really love his voice? I do and I am sure there are many others like me. It may well be that Brian truly thinks Adam has a spectacular voice and isn't doing it for any nefarious purpose. I am not sure you remember, buy when Time for Miracles came out, way before the collaboration, Brian made some comments about Adam's voice and something about he turned to jelly when he heard him singing that song. It is very possible that Brian truly feels that way and I don't know why you always contradict his opinion as if he is lying and it has no merit. It is just like when you tell me and others that we are not Queen fans. That just isn't true, it is just your opinion and has no basis in fact. You can be a fan without being on your level. I don't think Brian would be touring or doing anything that he thinks would tarnish the Queen legacy, nor would he work with someone whom he thought did a less than stellar job singing with the band.

Because Brian and Roger hype him up and big him up, that's why. If I believed everything they said, I'd be thinking Freddie would be jealous of AL, just one example.even of something I don't believe not for a second.
Loving his voice is one thing, but the constant ( or plenty of it) hyping him up is unsettling because some will take it and gloat about it, see earlier. Oh Brian agrees with me type of thing.
I admit when AL didn't mention Freddie on the 24th, I thought that was awful of him. The least he could have done was to post a few words. There was nothing from AL about Freddie at all. Poor form.
I have a pretty good idea after all this time who really is a Queen fan and who isn't. It's pretty obvious. For example I think rockchic is a Queen fan, and and AL fan, which is a world of difference of what some Glamberts do here on QOL or on the internet.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1462 posts

Posted: 30 Nov 19, 04:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Whatever fits your world view, I guess! For me, I take people at their word and never assume they are lying. If Brian says something, I believe him. You can obviously choose to believe who you want. Just remember there are many levels of Queen fans, from very casual to the people on this forum who are beyond die hards. I can fall in the upper middle half for sure. Although I am also sure that doesn't meet your high standard. I think Queen would have very fans if you only count people like yourself, those who posted on the 24th of Nov. I really don't believe most fans go quite that far.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 30 Nov 19, 04:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Whatever fits your world view, I guess! For me, I take people at their word and never assume they are lying. If Brian says something, I believe him. You can obviously choose to believe who you want. Just remember there are many levels of Queen fans, from very casual to the people on this forum who are beyond die hards. I can fall in the upper middle half for sure. Although I am also sure that doesn't meet your high standard. I think Queen would have very fans if you only count people like yourself, those who posted on the 24th of Nov. I really don't believe most fans go quite that far.

I'm not saying Brian is lying. He's known to hype up the people he works with, especially AL. No need of it at this point.
Yep, it's obvious who is a Queen fan on Queen boards. You were posting here this past weekend, but you couldn't give s word or two about Freddie on the 24th. Someone else here couldn't help but to promote AL up. Doesn't seem like Queen fans to me., especially those who barely post about Queen or Freddie in the first place...on Queen boards.