Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > The best live singer on the planet!

forum rss feed
Author

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2572 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Dec 19, 20:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

Do people actually believe he’s a diehard Freddie fan? Rock music is definitely not of interest to Adam. His thing is Cher. Madonna. Crap like that.

Rubbish, just because he likes Cher, Madonna etc doesn't mean he's not into other types of music as well, there's tons of rock bands and lots of other alternative stuff he's into.

Posted: 17 Dec 19, 20:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

No message on Freddie’s birthday, no message on the anniversary of Freddie’s death.

So what, there's plenty of them at other times and in previous years, just because he doesn't post every little thing he does and thinks on social media 24/7 doesn't mean a thing, not everyone lives out their lives on instagram.

Posted: 17 Dec 19, 20:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

It’s almost like he talks about Freddie as if Freddie’s some kind of joke. His words on Freddie actually don’t sound genuine to me. Most celebrities say similar things when asked about Queen. Adam should thank Freddie for an income.

Adam also acts that way towards Somebody To Love. Total disrespect. Apparently he doesn’t know the song was very meaningful to Freddie, he’d know it if he was a fan.

He doesn't talk about him as if he's a joke at all and of course he knows what the song meant to Freddie, he's talked about that in interviews.

Posted: 17 Dec 19, 20:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

Adam didn’t even like Brian or Roger’s posts on Freddie’s birthday or anniversary of his death. Adam thinks of performing with Brian and Roger as a job, I think. The benefits are worldwide travel, food, sex, and all expenses paid.

You've clearly lost the plot mate, checking everything he posts even down to whose posts he's liked and when, fgs give it a rest you're pathetic, do you think people have nothing better to do than like posts on bloody instagram, do you think that's the entire content of his life when he's not touring with Queen? He has a solo career, family to see, friends to catch up with after being away touring, you sound insane.

Posted: 17 Dec 19, 20:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Well, I'm sure once Q+AL is over he likely will fit a Queen cover in his solo shows. Damn right he should thank Freddie and the other three members of Queen as well. He wouldn't be where is now without their blood, sweat and tears.
A few things in recent years has made me lose respect for AL...the wanting a part in the biopic, talking about Freddie's sexuality, not a peep from him on the 24th...it's off putting to be honest. I can't look at AL the same way to be honest.

Of course he will, why wouldn't he, who doesn't love Queen music and he's always put the odd Queen cover in his solo shows, can't see a single thing wrong with that.

He's thanked them tons of times, he's said in interview that he's grateful for the opportunity etc, suppose that's not good enough though!!!

As to the rest, jeez can't even be bothered with that bs.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5468 posts

Posted: 17 Dec 19, 21:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Well, I'm sure once Q+AL is over he likely will fit a Queen cover in his solo shows. Damn right he should thank Freddie and the other three members of Queen as well. He wouldn't be where is now without their blood, sweat and tears.
A few things in recent years has made me lose respect for AL...the wanting a part in the biopic, talking about Freddie's sexuality, not a peep from him on the 24th...it's off putting to be honest. I can't look at AL the same way to be honest.

Of course he will, why wouldn't he, who doesn't love Queen music and he's always put the odd Queen cover in his solo shows, can't see a single thing wrong with that.

He's thanked them tons of times, he's said in interview that he's grateful for the opportunity etc, suppose that's not good enough though!!!

As to the rest, jeez can't even be bothered with that bs.

Yea, I'm sure he's thankful because he wouldn't be rolling in the dough with his solo career. Wow, playing at birthday parties, getting asked to do cover songs. One off shows before Q+AL starts touring again.
I think he will be in for a surprise once Q+AL is over. The fact he couldn't keep a big record company like Warner, and now is independent, it's somewhat of a mess.
Ok, don't bother with the rest of my post, but I stand by views on that.

Posted: 17 Dec 19, 21:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Yea, I'm sure he's thankful because he wouldn't be rolling in the dough with his solo career. Wow, playing at birthday parties, getting asked to do cover songs. One off shows before Q+AL starts touring again.
I think he will be in for a surprise once Q+AL is over. The fact he couldn't keep a big record company like Warner, and now is independent, it's somewhat of a mess.

Playing at large birthday parties for extremely rich people, not quite the same as playing a party at the local pub which is how you make it sound. Queen also played their birthday party, do you imagine they did that for peanuts. I'd hardly call being asked to honor Cher, asked to be part of the Elvis special, the Wicked special, the a home for the holiday's special for charity, the Avicii tribute etc as just being asked to do covers, pretty sure most artists are honored when they get asked to do those types of events, really trying to spin those as something worthless!!

One off shows? He's doing a short series of solo shows before he starts the QAL tour again then will be doing a solo tour next year, not sure how many more you'd expect him to fit in before January.

He's gone indie and that's his choice, I don't see it as a mess I see it as him taking control of his career and deciding what he wants to do instead of being pushed by labels in a direction he's not interested in. I doubt he'll be in for any shock after QAL.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 17 Dec 19, 22:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Playing at large birthday parties for extremely rich people, not quite the same as playing a party at the local pub which is how you make it sound. Queen also played their birthday party, do you imagine they did that for peanuts. I'd hardly call being asked to honor Cher, asked to be part of the Elvis special, the Wicked special, the a home for the holiday's special for charity, the Avicii tribute etc as just being asked to do covers, pretty sure most artists are honored when they get asked to do those types of events, really trying to spin those as something worthless!!

One off shows? He's doing a short series of solo shows before he starts the QAL tour again then will be doing a solo tour next year, not sure how many more you'd expect him to fit in before January.

He's gone indie and that's his choice, I don't see it as a mess I see it as him taking control of his career and deciding what he wants to do instead of being pushed by labels in a direction he's not interested in. I doubt he'll be in for any shock after QAL.

I said he played at birthday parties...hell I'd have more respect for him if it was at a pub type thing. Grab the money, AL while he can I guess :/.
I don't remember Queen ever playing at a birthday party, I don't think that was a popular thing to do back then. It's a more recent thing. And yes, I know some other artists do it, but I'm talking about AL.
Out of all the events you mentioned here, I give him props for the Avicii tribute most of all. I liked what he did, thought it was good, and the whole show was amazing, very fitting. Don't know if you watched it, but I could ot have hoped or wanted more.
Believe was also pretty good other than one quibble I have about that.
Wicked, it didn't do a thing for me.
Rocky Horror was cheesy as hell.
Elvis...actually I will have to rewatch that again.
Some of his one off recent tv appearances...some were better than others. One was a cluster fuck I wish he stayed away from.
What he is doing now, I wouldn't call it a tour. So yea, one off shows before the holidays and the next tour. I don't expect him to tour for Velvet to be honest.
If you don't think he will be in for a shock after Q+AL is over, ok, but I do. He has become quite accustomed to it I think. No matter what he does next, I doubt he can pull in crowds the way Q+AL has, or roll in the money.
Good luck to the guy, I think he needs it now and will need it.

MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1679 posts

Posted: 17 Dec 19, 22:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Freddie performing at a birthday party? No.

Adam was dropped from his first major label, and then dropped again by his second major label.

Hotdog
MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1679 posts

Posted: 17 Dec 19, 22:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie specifically told Phoebe that he didn’t want to play at private events, whether corporate, birthday parties, or anything alike. He said he didn’t want to feel like a “puppet.” Phoebe went into it, I forget the exact words, but Freddie didn’t want to feel as if he was a hired singer, being manipulated.

He enjoyed performing for his fans... he knew where the love was.

PS - If rockchic is such a Queen fan, why did she think Freddie performed at birthday parties?

Hotdog

Posted: 17 Dec 19, 22:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I said he played at birthday parties...hell I'd have more respect for him if it was at a pub type thing. Grab the money, AL while he can I guess :/.
I don't remember Queen ever playing at a birthday party, I don't think that was a popular thing to do back then. It's a more recent thing. And yes, I know some other artists do it, but I'm talking about AL.
Out of all the events you mentioned here, I give him props for the Avicii tribute. I li,ed what he did, thought it was good, and the whole show was amazing, very fitting.
Believe was also pretty good other than one quibble I have about that.
Wicked, it didn't do a thing for me.
Rocky Horror was cheesy as hell.
Elvis...actually I will have to rewatch that again.
What he is doing now, I wouldn't call it a tour. So yea, one off shows before the holidays and the next tour. I don't expect him to tour for Velvet to be honest.
If you don't think he will be in for a shock after Q+AL is over, ok, but I do. He has become quite accustomed to it I think. No matter what he does next, I doubt he can pull in crowds the way Q+AL has, or roll in the money.
Good luck to the guy, I think he needs it now and will need it.

He played at their birthday party because the wife is a mega fan and wanted him there, why on earth would he refuse to do that and why shouldn't he earn good money for it if they're willing to pay for an artist they like to come play for them?

I was talking about Brian & Roger playing with Adam at the party for the same people Adam did a solo show for and they also had the Beach Boys, they clearly love having live music, can't see anythng wrong with that. And I know you were talking about Adam, seems it's ok for others but not for him then I take it?

Doesn't matter if you personally liked those events or not I was pointing out they weren't just him getting up doing covers for the sake of it and aside from the Avicii one which was his own song they were obviously events where he'd have to be doing a cover.

The shows he's doing now are one off solo shows the same as he's done in previous years around December, he's giving his fans a taste of his solo music before going off with QAL next year. No idea why you don't expect him to tour his solo music, he's putting the full album out next year and has confirmed he will be touring it as well, his fans have been waiting for a solo tour for four years, you seriously think he's not gonna do one.

He enjoys doing the QAL stuff, he enjoys doing solo stuff and he enjoys a whole host of other things as well and though I've no doubt he'll miss the touring with Brian & Roger when they do eventually stop he'll just do other things, things he's not had time for or been able to commit to because of the tours. He's not exactly short of money so while I'm sure he's happy to be earning money from the QAL tours it's not like he won't be able to earn money from his own projects and he's not gonna run out anytime soon regardless. He doesn't need to pull in crowds like with Queen, lots of artists don't tour huge arena's, Adam likes smaller venues as well, he enjoyst the more intimate shows and so do his fans so there's absolutely no reason for him not to still do that, you think his fans won't still want to see him? I know they will, they can't get enough of seeing him live.

I really don't get how you and cosmicc constantly try to compare what he's doing with the success others have and make out he won't have a career without Brian & Roger, just because he's not on their level of fame and success doesn't make him a failure, far from it. If only artists of Queen's stature are a success there's an awful lot of touring failures out there.

Posted: 17 Dec 19, 22:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

Freddie performing at a birthday party? No.

Adam was dropped from his first major label, and then dropped again by his second major label.

I was talking about Brian & Roger not Freddie and he wasn't dropped from RCA he left, told you that a dozen times at least. No idea about Warner but really couldn't care less, he's gone indie and he's happy end of.

Posted: 17 Dec 19, 22:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

Freddie specifically told Phoebe that he didn’t want to play at private events, whether corporate, birthday parties, or anything alike. He said he didn’t want to feel like a “puppet.” Phoebe went into it, I forget the exact words, but Freddie didn’t want to feel as if he was a hired singer, being manipulated.

He enjoyed performing for his fans... he knew where the love was.

PS - If rockchic is such a Queen fan, why did she think Freddie performed at birthday parties?

I didn't I was talking about the birthday party Brian, Roger and Adam played together earlier this year. And I really don't care about Freddie or Phoebe's opinion of playing private events, everyone has their own ideas on that and some artists do it and some don't, it's for them to decide, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it IMO if it's what they want to do.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 17 Dec 19, 22:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Rockchic, I didn't know and I do t really care the Beach Boys also played at the birthday event. I'm talking about AL, and Brian and Roger aren't Queen they performed under Q+AL so Queen didn't play at the event.
I'm standing by my views, you don't have to agree with me. Thanks for not losing your shit at me.
Be back later.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5172 posts

Iron Butterfly

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5172 posts

Posted: 18 Dec 19, 01:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh no, the NBC write up says there are going to be musical performances on The Voice finale tonight from “A-list artists” — don’t they know that Adam is a C-list or even D-lister? Some people are going to be upset that he has apparently graduated!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 18 Dec 19, 01:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Oh no, the NBC write up says there are going to be musical performances on The Voice finale tonight from “A-list artists” — don’t they know that Adam is a C-list or even D-lister? Some people are going to be upset that he has apparently graduated!

What you didn't copy and paste such a write up o.O.
Your "interest" for The Voice is only because AL is appearing on it. Remember you think that's the show the reason why Levine and Maroon 5 were so popular.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1578 posts

Posted: 18 Dec 19, 03:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1578 posts

Posted: 18 Dec 19, 03:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote