Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Rhapsody Tour 2019

forum rss feed
Author

Diehardqueenie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 27 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 19, 23:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi everyone,

I’m going to see Queen + Adam Lambert in Amsterdam on the 29th of May. Does anyone know if they have a list of songs that they play on the every tour or is it different everytime? If anyone knows which songs they are going to play, please comment it below.

Young Music Fan user is on Queenzone.com
Young Music Fan
Bohemian: 640 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 19, 08:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This setlist was the last one they in the tour and seems most likely:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/queen-adam-lambert/2019/spectrum-center-charlotte-nc-439f2b5b.html

anadamfan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 248 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 19, 09:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It will be almost the same show that they played during the US tour. You can already watch it all on YouTube.

You will get to hear all the songs, that were featured in the movie, hence the title „Rhapsody Tour“. Plus a few of the later songs (like I want it all) and a couple of other songs, they might throw in (Dragon Attack?, Machines?....).

I hope, I will get to hear the Intro with Innuendo!

Posted: 31 Oct 19, 12:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

X

Posted: 31 Oct 19, 13:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Xx

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5026 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 19, 16:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is the great set list from the North American Rhapsody Tour I attended in Columbus, Ohio on August 13, 2019:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/queen-adam-lambert/2019/nationwide-arena-columbus-oh-739ffe15.html

MrFunster user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 620 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 19, 20:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think they play the greatest hits setlist like they always do, and if you are lucky they play bohemian rhapsody ;-)

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5122 posts

Posted: 31 Oct 19, 22:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't expect major changes, if any changes at all.

Young Music Fan

Posted: 01 Nov 19, 08:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I don't expect major changes, if any changes at all.

You can't improve on perfection :)

MrFunster wrote:

I think they play the greatest hits setlist like they always do, and if you are lucky they play bohemian rhapsody ;-)

If Freddie and John were playing with Queen today they would play a Greatest Hits set, in fact most major artists today play their best-known songs.

MrFunster user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 620 posts

Posted: 01 Nov 19, 15:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Check billy joel or toto, always major different setlists

Young Music Fan

Posted: 01 Nov 19, 19:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MrFunster wrote:

Check billy joel or toto, always major different setlists

That's why I used the word "most".

Queen were already playing greatest hits inspired setlists by the start of the eighties.

Posted: 03 Nov 19, 09:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

21st Century Music Fan, thanks for the setlist. I do hope that they’re going to play Innuendo. It’s such a powerful song, especially as the opener for the show. I will be a bit dissapointed if they’re going to leave such a masterpiece out.

Posted: 03 Nov 19, 10:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

About Innuendo: it’s an instrumental intro coming from a tape, not the whole song. It looks and sounds impressive though. Brian and Roger had recorded it with a whole orchestra before the North American Tour this year.

Posted: 03 Nov 19, 10:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes I know, but it’s just such an amazing opener and it indeed sounds so impressive. But Now I’m Here is also an amazing opener so :)

Posted: 03 Nov 19, 10:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

By the way, does anyone know if you can go to the bathroom and then go back in line and just get your own spot back? I heard something about writing a number on your hand and something with someone in front or behind you. Also, I’m to the concert with my sister. I’m going to be there at 10:00 am, but she’s going to be there a few hours later. Is it possible for here to just stand with me or does she have to stand in the back? And is 10:00 am a good time if I want to stand as close to the stage as possible? Sorry for the many questions, but this is my first concert and I really want to be prepared for this cause I’ve been waiting for such a long time.

Posted: 03 Nov 19, 11:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You should be able to a bathroom. When you’re waiting in line, you get to know the people around you. And we all have the same needs. ;) Inside the venue, I wouldn’t leave my spot. You will most probably not get it back.

10 am should be fine.

The numbers thing is a thing of the glamberts I think. They are usually the first at the venue and some like to write a number on the back of your hand, so that the order at the time of entrance is secured. Thing is, this doesn’t work at most venues, because those open many doors at once. That system also relies on the acceptance of the other fans, because the venues don’t care about any numbers. If you’re at the door, they let you in.
If your sister comes later, it shouldn’t be a problem, that she waits with you. But of course that depends on the other fans around you. But usually that’s ok. My friends had waited since early morning last time and I only joined them in the afternoon after work.

AngelR user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 95 posts

Posted: 03 Nov 19, 12:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The numbers thing is a common practice for many GA venues. I go often to O2 London for different bands and it's often the case when fans start queueing up early!
Come for 10am only if you're after the spot by the barriers, about 3 - 4 pm for the second row.
It's going to be tough as the interest to see Queen + AL is all time high at present.
I'd advise you to join Queen/AL fan clubs on Facebook and twitter for more uptodate information.

Posted: 03 Nov 19, 14:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Okay, thank you for your advice AngelR and anadamfan. Only one question: what kind of number do you have to write on your hand?

Posted: 03 Nov 19, 16:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I didn’t write it on my hand. The glamberts, who had been there first wrote numbers on our hands. The number shows the order of arrival at the venue. After some time, they stopped (number 100?).

At a concert with a different artist the venue itself gave out numbers on paper. If that happens, you can be sure, that they will make sure to let fans in order of those numbers.

But it doesn’t happen everywhere. At my Queen concerts the numbers didn’t matter.

AlexRocks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1450 posts

Posted: 06 Dec 19, 18:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They are doing what Black Sabbath did for years and years basically are playing the same twelve songs all of the time. Sigh.