Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Do you think these 5 added 02 dates

forum rss feed
Author

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 21266 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Dec 19, 00:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BQT8. wrote:

@Real wanker Now i know your taking the piss "King Crimson" the greatest album in the history of progressive rock - really ha ha ha
You are a funny weird guy. Never mind yous lot over there always had pretty strange tastes in music. lol


This has nothing to do with taste.

All you've done is attack the character of someone who is outsmarting you every time you encounter them, and talking only about your personal tastes while not actually offering anything substantial to the discussion.

But what else is to be expected from someone whose IQ is at room temperature? Nearly 3000 posts here and you've yet to exhibit any remote ability to discuss any subject like an adult.



Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.



http://www.queenlive.ca
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 21266 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Dec 19, 00:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote


Attachment: 201912291796840057.jpg 10 KB
This has been downloaded 11 time(s).



Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.



http://www.queenlive.ca
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 21266 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Dec 19, 00:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

I’ve never heard anyone once heard anyone mention King Crimson to me in my life. I know who they are. I’ve never heard a King Crimson song on the radio before in my life.


That's entirely anecdotal.

For the last 40 years radio airplay has not been an indication of quality or longevity. Since about 1978 the radio has become playlists of the same few hundred songs because advertisers will pay more money to stations who play songs that they feel more people will know and thus keep listening so that they'll hear the ads. Less than 1% of good music created since 1978 has made it to the radio. This is not an accurate litmus test for quality.

Indeed, Dee Snider is a very intelligent man - the footage of his day in court with the PMRC is riveting. So he'd be smart enough to be the first to say Twisted Sister hasn't been remotely as influential on the evolution of music as King Crimson has been. If you trace back the history, there are many musical careers of legendary figures that were either launched or given a second wind because of that band or members of it.



Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.



http://www.queenlive.ca
ST16 user not visiting Queenzone.com
ST16
Deity: 3044 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Dec 19, 10:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mistercosmicc You have never heard King Crimson on the radio because they are not important and irrelevant in popular rock n roll now.
Only some idiot by the name of Real Wanker on here thinks they album is the greatest in prog rock ever, well that is his opinion but we are all laughing at the fool.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 21266 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Dec 19, 14:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BQT8. wrote:

You have never heard King Crimson on the radio because they are not important and irrelevant in popular rock n roll now.


Now you're just being a troll.

If you're even remotely interested in what tens of thousands of connoisseurs of music think of the two bands in question, have a look at these two links:

https://rateyourmusic.com/artist/twisted-sister
https://rateyourmusic.com/artist/king-crimson

But of course you won't. Queue your confirmation bias and inability to learn.

Is Bach not important either because he's not on mainstream rock radio?

You are so unbelievably and impossibly stupid.



Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.



http://www.queenlive.ca
ST16 user not visiting Queenzone.com
ST16
Deity: 3044 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Dec 19, 14:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Twisted Sister are still the better band though and can really put on a show!
King Crimson are borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring.

rockchic65 user is on Queenzone.com

Deity: 2427 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Dec 19, 17:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BQT8. wrote:

Twisted Sister are still the better band though and can really put on a show!
King Crimson are borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring.


Wow, glad you rate Twisted Sister so highly, Dee loves Adam, thinks he's amazing, guess you might have to revise your opinion now about one of them lol.



The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 21266 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Dec 19, 17:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

BQT8. wrote:

Twisted Sister are still the better band though and can really put on a show!
King Crimson are borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring.


Wow, glad you rate Twisted Sister so highly, Dee loves Adam, thinks he's amazing, guess you might have to revise your opinion now about one of them lol.



Shhh, don't tell him. He doesn't deal with new information too well.



Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.



http://www.queenlive.ca
ST16 user not visiting Queenzone.com
ST16
Deity: 3044 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Dec 19, 17:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Every one has an opinion so each to there own.
I still rate Twisted Sister and as you said there were one hit wonders which is wrong they had 4 top twenty hits in the UK
They got there big break on a UK TV show "The Tube" and never looked back because they played all over the world and a rock festivals in the 80s
along other Rock & Heavy metal bands like Motorhead, Def Leppard ,Motley Crue, Van Halen and were a very established act by then.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 21266 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Dec 19, 18:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BQT8. wrote:

I still rate Twisted Sister and as you said there were one hit wonders which is wrong they had 4 top twenty hits in the UK


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twisted_Sister#Discography

Wrong again, Gerry. They had ONE. You can't just make up facts because you feel like it.

This isn't about taste or opinions, or even about music. This is about your continued inability to converse like an adult, where you decide you can show some humility now and again and learn from others. If you had the cognitive abilities of an 8 year old, you would be able to look at that link, which is entirely based on facts, and say, "Yes, Wizard, I was wrong. Sorry for spamming this website with my verbal diarrhea. In the future I'll try to fact check my claims before posting them on a forum."

But something tells me you will not be able to do that, yet again.



Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.



http://www.queenlive.ca
The Circle of Eidolon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 124 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 19, 01:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BQT8. wrote:

Every one has an opinion so each to there own. . .
.


The Circle of Eidolon have read this thread and waded through so much that says nothing BQTB.

But at the point we felt all hope was lost yo, BQTB posted the above quoted line, this quote from you says much and yet demonstrates all that is wrong in your thinking and beliefs. . .

BQTB says each to their own yet you BQTB are the first to tell people they are wrong, that they have no right to an opinion if it differs from yours.

The truth is if you truly believe what we The Circle of Eidolon have quoted then you have been wrong in condemning any who disagree with you. If you now choose to disagree with your quote you are still wrong BQTB.

In your attempt to align yourself with a rockstar you look up to you have exposed your weakness, the weakness of a limited shallow mind, a mind that has no depth of reason and no understanding of being morally cornered

You BQTB have no where to run, your argument is lost.

We The Circle of Eidolon have spoken, again we fear that what we say will pass BQTB by like a mid winter's breeze at the end of a cold dark day.


PrimeJiveUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 713 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jan 20, 20:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yikes!

I just took a look at the 5 added dates at the 02...these don't look like they will get close to filling up unless they do some serious discounting!

If they do THAT then they will piss off all the fans that paid for the nose for the original 5 dates. They are in a no-win situation here as they have scheduled too many shows versus limited demand.

Will they just bite the bullet and play to half empty arena or will they slash prices and brace for the blowback from fans that bought the original dates?

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1462 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jan 20, 22:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That would be your tough luck if you had to pay more. It is no different than someone buying on the secondary market and paying three times the price of a ticket compared to the person next to them who bought it at original cost. That has happened to me and it doesn't bother me a bit. That is the nature of purchasing concert tickets in advance or late in the game. They can be many different prices depending. I doubt very much they will be discounting tickets at this point in time. The concert is far enough away that it will more than likely be full by June. They have over 5 months to sell lots of tickets. So far they haven't played to half empty arenas and I doubt they will this go around either. It is way to early to worry about stuff like that.

anadamfan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 248 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jan 20, 23:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

That would be your tough luck if you had to pay more. It is no different than someone buying on the secondary market and paying three times the price of a ticket compared to the person next to them who bought it at original cost. That has happened to me and it doesn't bother me a bit. That is the nature of purchasing concert tickets in advance or late in the game. They can be many different prices depending. I doubt very much they will be discounting tickets at this point in time. The concert is far enough away that it will more than likely be full by June. They have over 5 months to sell lots of tickets. So far they haven't played to half empty arenas and I doubt they will this go around either. It is way to early to worry about stuff like that.

You‘re talking about the American way. In Europe/UK tickets go on sale and the price doesn’t change. Apart from the newer „Platimum Tickets“ on Ticketmaster, that don’t exist on other platforms.

Secondary market tickets are illegal and therefore a big risk to buy. Last year several artists declared those invalid and the buyers weren’t let into the venue. They had lost all their money.

And yes: I do care, if I payed more for a ticket than my neighbor. I even care a lot. Most people here would. Until two years ago there had been two prices: 69£ for a standing ticket and 79£ for a seat. (Plus a few VIP seats. ) I don’t like the changes, to be honest. But it’s not the band who decides about this.

However, I think these tickets will sell. It’s in June and in London that will be full of tourists at the time. London is very expensive as it is. A concert ticket more should be great for many people!


PrimeJiveUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 713 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jan 20, 02:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

anadamfan wrote:

snifflese wrote:

That would be your tough luck if you had to pay more. It is no different than someone buying on the secondary market and paying three times the price of a ticket compared to the person next to them who bought it at original cost. That has happened to me and it doesn't bother me a bit. That is the nature of purchasing concert tickets in advance or late in the game. They can be many different prices depending. I doubt very much they will be discounting tickets at this point in time. The concert is far enough away that it will more than likely be full by June. They have over 5 months to sell lots of tickets. So far they haven't played to half empty arenas and I doubt they will this go around either. It is way to early to worry about stuff like that.

You‘re talking about the American way. In Europe/UK tickets go on sale and the price doesn’t change. Apart from the newer „Platimum Tickets“ on Ticketmaster, that don’t exist on other platforms.

Secondary market tickets are illegal and therefore a big risk to buy. Last year several artists declared those invalid and the buyers weren’t let into the venue. They had lost all their money.

And yes: I do care, if I payed more for a ticket than my neighbor. I even care a lot. Most people here would. Until two years ago there had been two prices: 69£ for a standing ticket and 79£ for a seat. (Plus a few VIP seats. ) I don’t like the changes, to be honest. But it’s not the band who decides about this.

However, I think these tickets will sell. It’s in June and in London that will be full of tourists at the time. London is very expensive as it is. A concert ticket more should be great for many people!


Lots of good points. However, I don't have as much confidence as you do about them selling these tickets. Have you seen how many seats are available for these new dates?

It's bad.



runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3473 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jan 20, 07:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

Yikes!

I just took a look at the 5 added dates at the 02...these don't look like they will get close to filling up unless they do some serious discounting!

If they do THAT then they will piss off all the fans that paid for the nose for the original 5 dates. They are in a no-win situation here as they have scheduled too many shows versus limited demand.

Will they just bite the bullet and play to half empty arena or will they slash prices and brace for the blowback from fans that bought the original dates?

Good news - finally people starting to be reasonable. I would even think twice about paying those prices with Freddie on the mic. For a coverband this is a joke as we all know. Will be funny seeing them play to curtains and orange seats. People are fed off now with this endless same ol' with rising prices


rockchic65 user is on Queenzone.com

Deity: 2427 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jan 20, 09:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:


Lots of good points. However, I don't have as much confidence as you do about them selling these tickets. Have you seen how many seats are available for these new dates?

It's bad.



Can't get the maps to work at the moment but even if it is bad as pointed out it's June with lots of tourists and the fact they put the shows on sale right before xmas probably stopped some people buying who would have done otherwise, people don't always have spare money just before xmas. I think it will sell out fine once people's finances catch back up and tourists will likely snap up last minute one's. End of the day the promoter's must have thought there was every chance of selling all the tickets or they wouldn't have added the extra dates. They'll start doing some promo in the UK as well at some point which will help.



rockchic65 user is on Queenzone.com

Deity: 2427 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jan 20, 09:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

Yikes!

I just took a look at the 5 added dates at the 02...these don't look like they will get close to filling up unless they do some serious discounting!

If they do THAT then they will piss off all the fans that paid for the nose for the original 5 dates. They are in a no-win situation here as they have scheduled too many shows versus limited demand.

Will they just bite the bullet and play to half empty arena or will they slash prices and brace for the blowback from fans that bought the original dates?

Good news - finally people starting to be reasonable. I would even think twice about paying those prices with Freddie on the mic. For a coverband this is a joke as we all know. Will be funny seeing them play to curtains and orange seats. People are fed off now with this endless same ol' with rising prices


You do realize the first five shows were all sold out which is why they added the extra one's, selling out five shows in no time means people definitely aren't fed up with them at all but putting the extra shows on sale right before xmas was a strange move IMO.



rockchic65 user is on Queenzone.com

Deity: 2427 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jan 20, 09:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

Yikes!

I just took a look at the 5 added dates at the 02...these don't look like they will get close to filling up unless they do some serious discounting!

If they do THAT then they will piss off all the fans that paid for the nose for the original 5 dates. They are in a no-win situation here as they have scheduled too many shows versus limited demand.

Will they just bite the bullet and play to half empty arena or will they slash prices and brace for the blowback from fans that bought the original dates?


Just got the map to work and it's not that bad, the 20th is virtually sold out and the rest where the maps have a lot of blue isn't bad when you look at the individual parts. They've put far too many VIP tics in and one's packaged with hotels so they will likely revert to normal tics at some point but other than that I can't imagine they'll have any problem selling those out nearer the time. I'm not gonna count the individual available tickets but most sections don't have that many left.



runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3473 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jan 20, 11:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

Yikes!

I just took a look at the 5 added dates at the 02...these don't look like they will get close to filling up unless they do some serious discounting!

If they do THAT then they will piss off all the fans that paid for the nose for the original 5 dates. They are in a no-win situation here as they have scheduled too many shows versus limited demand.

Will they just bite the bullet and play to half empty arena or will they slash prices and brace for the blowback from fans that bought the original dates?

Good news - finally people starting to be reasonable. I would even think twice about paying those prices with Freddie on the mic. For a coverband this is a joke as we all know. Will be funny seeing them play to curtains and orange seats. People are fed off now with this endless same ol' with rising prices


You do realize the first five shows were all sold out which is why they added the extra one's, selling out five shows in no time means people definitely aren't fed up with them at all but putting the extra shows on sale right before xmas was a strange move IMO.



They did that because they thought they would squeenze the last money out of their followers. WHich obviously did not work at all.