Bohemian: 713 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jan 20, 22:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

Yikes!

I just took a look at the 5 added dates at the 02...these don't look like they will get close to filling up unless they do some serious discounting!

If they do THAT then they will piss off all the fans that paid for the nose for the original 5 dates. They are in a no-win situation here as they have scheduled too many shows versus limited demand.

Will they just bite the bullet and play to half empty arena or will they slash prices and brace for the blowback from fans that bought the original dates?

Good news - finally people starting to be reasonable. I would even think twice about paying those prices with Freddie on the mic. For a coverband this is a joke as we all know. Will be funny seeing them play to curtains and orange seats. People are fed off now with this endless same ol' with rising prices

You do realize the first five shows were all sold out which is why they added the extra one's, selling out five shows in no time means people definitely aren't fed up with them at all but putting the extra shows on sale right before xmas was a strange move IMO.

They did that because they thought they would squeenze the last money out of their followers. WHich obviously did not work at all.

runner-70 does have a point...this strategy of adding 5 more 02 dates is not turning out well.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3473 posts

Posted: 05 Jan 20, 00:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

Yikes!

I just took a look at the 5 added dates at the 02...these don't look like they will get close to filling up unless they do some serious discounting!

If they do THAT then they will piss off all the fans that paid for the nose for the original 5 dates. They are in a no-win situation here as they have scheduled too many shows versus limited demand.

Will they just bite the bullet and play to half empty arena or will they slash prices and brace for the blowback from fans that bought the original dates?

Good news - finally people starting to be reasonable. I would even think twice about paying those prices with Freddie on the mic. For a coverband this is a joke as we all know. Will be funny seeing them play to curtains and orange seats. People are fed off now with this endless same ol' with rising prices

You do realize the first five shows were all sold out which is why they added the extra one's, selling out five shows in no time means people definitely aren't fed up with them at all but putting the extra shows on sale right before xmas was a strange move IMO.

They did that because they thought they would squeenze the last money out of their followers. WHich obviously did not work at all.

runner-70 does have a point...this strategy of adding 5 more 02 dates is not turning out well.

So they end their QAL live career as it began: A total joke

AngelR user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 95 posts

Posted: 05 Jan 20, 03:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

These extra shows in London will sell - no doubt about it whatsoever. Especially that the Saturday's date is nearly sold out. Prices are crazy though.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2427 posts

Posted: 05 Jan 20, 11:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

The promoters will have mainly decided to add the extra shows and IMO they'll have no problem selling them out in June, there aren't hordes of seats left at most of the nights (can't tell for the 8th as there's no interactive map for some reason) but they've six months to sell the rest and aside from some oddly placed VIP seats which I suspect will revert to normal I think they'll be fine.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5922 posts

Posted: 05 Jan 20, 11:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

The promoters will have mainly decided to add the extra shows and IMO they'll have no problem selling them out in June, there aren't hordes of seats left at most of the nights (can't tell for the 8th as there's no interactive map for some reason) but they've six months to sell the rest and aside from some oddly placed VIP seats which I suspect will revert to normal I think they'll be fine.

I think the shows will sell out. However, promoters don't add shows to a tour. That's ridiculous. They can suggest to the band's management that extra shows are viable but it's the band that decides in the end if they want to play extra shows.

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."