Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Rhapsody Tour — January, 2020 — Seoul, Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya

forum rss feed
Author

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3476 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 12:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal harmony wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

anadamfan wrote:

An impressive The Show must go yesterday:
http://youtu.be/6T58MwW2OzA

Impressive when it comes to be off timing, singing wrong lyrics and doing celine dion/Aguilera vocal acrobatics. This is gettin worse each tour. That he looks like y second rate Joker does not help either. Maylor are embarassing themselves even more. Bloody awful

Let's look at this for minute.

You hate Lambert, you are no longer a Queen fan you've said that they stopped being Queen in 1991 yet you search the Internet for videos of the current tour, you check setlists and you pass comment on anyone who has anything favourable to say about the shows.

You are purposely seeking out something you dislike just to pass judgment on it, you are appearing to be psychotic, the thing you hate is successful beyond your control and you hate the fact you can do nothing about it. You know that the more you shout the more of an idiot you look but your mentality deficient comprehension of the situation drives you on. . . Ultimately achieving nothing.

The way to look at you is standing on that stage in front of that audience reading out what you post here. . . You are insane enough to do it, but do you think you'd get a positive response.

Go away and speak to someone about getting some help. You need it.

How can I not be a Queen fan when I still love their stuff until 1991??? One has to be a QAL fan to be a Queen fan? Glamtarts telling Queen purists how to be a fan. Can it get more embarrassing???

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1463 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 14:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great, Runner. I am happy you are so passionate about something. But go to a thread where they are discussing the old Queen music and take part there. You have no right to spew off and call people who enjoy QAL names. This thread is for QAL and everything you write is meant to incite and be annoying. I also don't know why you would spend all your time looking at youtubes and QAL streams and Adamtopia if it enrages you so. You must, since you seem to know what is going on currently. Just ignore it, put on the old music and get that blood pressure down. You really come across as unbalanced at this point. Find something positive to do. Most of the others on here enjoyed the Korean concert and are just happy that it is well received and looks like it will be a resounding success. I love to listen to the music as it makes me happy. Why does that annoy you so? I am not a glamtart, thank you very much, but I enjoy this and so do millions of others. That is the point of music. It should not enrage a person like it does you. If something enrages you, it is best to avoid and any doctor will tell you that.

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 15:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What annoys me is that those songs are butchered by the wrong people and for the wrong cause. It is that simple-no rocket science.
My bloodpressure is just fine.
And i never went to Adamfuckintopia

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5033 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 16:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There is no other singer out there right now that can do what Adam does in performing the iconic Queen songs. If he was off key or boring and not hitting those notes right on the nose, the audience would pick up on it and there would be moans and groans instead of cheers and screams of joy!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 16:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don’t remember if “runner” has said he ever attended a live show with Freddie. If not, you can’t compare what QAL is doing “live and dangerous” to the original Queen recordings. I don’t think they had or used ear monitors back in the day at their live shows and I would bet the band was following Freddie’s lead back then and now it could be Adam follows Brian’s lead in some of the songs and the monitors get in the way.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 16:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But I don’t hear what “runner” claims about the timing. It all sounds wonderful to me whether I have been there in person or listening on a live stream or on YouTube.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 16:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice little clip from show #2:

http://www.instagram.com/p/B7gCTZspDTm/

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 17:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I don’t remember if “runner” has said he ever attended a live show with Freddie. If not, you can’t compare what QAL is doing “live and dangerous” to the original Queen recordings. I don’t think they had or used ear monitors back in the day at their live shows and I would bet the band was following Freddie’s lead back then and now it could be Adam follows Brian’s lead in some of the songs and the monitors get in the way.

Stop using May's quotes. Gift from god and "Live and dangerous" up my ass. they played to a backing tape in NYC

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 18:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Vocal harmony wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

anadamfan wrote:

An impressive The Show must go yesterday:
http://youtu.be/6T58MwW2OzA

Impressive when it comes to be off timing, singing wrong lyrics and doing celine dion/Aguilera vocal acrobatics. This is gettin worse each tour. That he looks like y second rate Joker does not help either. Maylor are embarassing themselves even more. Bloody awful

Let's look at this for minute.

You hate Lambert, you are no longer a Queen fan you've said that they stopped being Queen in 1991 yet you search the Internet for videos of the current tour, you check setlists and you pass comment on anyone who has anything favourable to say about the shows.

You are purposely seeking out something you dislike just to pass judgment on it, you are appearing to be psychotic, the thing you hate is successful beyond your control and you hate the fact you can do nothing about it. You know that the more you shout the more of an idiot you look but your mentality deficient comprehension of the situation drives you on. . . Ultimately achieving nothing.

The way to look at you is standing on that stage in front of that audience reading out what you post here. . . You are insane enough to do it, but do you think you'd get a positive response.

Go away and speak to someone about getting some help. You need it.

You still dont get it do you? I could not give two fux (pun intended) if they went on tour with the tool as "Maylor Plus a twat" and doing their own songs.
Here they drag the name Queen thru the Dirt, pretend to be the real thing and destroy their old Classics. How can anybody NOT be angry about this and voice his/her opinion???
It is like if your hubby has a new flame, is calling her the same name as you, pretending it is like before or even better and doing the same thing like you did before. You would be FUCKIN FURIOUS. Exactly whats going on here. Only the clueless glamtarts dont get it

Lets look at this as well. QAL are monumentally successful, the media rave about them, they get great reviews everywhere they go, they get asked to open the Oscars and headline the Australia relief concert, there are thousands of fans seeing their shows and can't wait for them to come back everywhere they go but somehow you think this is "dragging the Queen name through the dirt".

The Queen name is doing brilliantly, they're one of the most streamed bands on Spotify, their albums have been charting again after the movie you also hated, they've got tons of new young fans who will now grow up loving Queen music and hopefully pass that on to their kids so the actual reality is the Queen name couldn't be doing better and their legacy is intact and growing not diminishing.

As to your new flame analogy that makes no sense since Adam isn't calling himself the same name and isn't doing the same thing. Yeah he's touring with their music but the show is different and he's very different from Freddie, it's not like someone replacing Freddie with a clone which is what your analogy was suggesting.

anadamfan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 248 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 18:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I don’t think they had or used ear monitors back in the day at their live shows and I would bet the band was following Freddie’s lead back then and now it could be Adam follows Brian’s lead in some of the songs and the monitors get in the way.

Brian doesn’t use ear monitors. The rest uses them, but there are speakers all over the stage for each of them as well. Like in the old days.

And by the way: It’s the drummer who leads a band. Have you ever noticed Roger’s counting before they start a song? He sets the tempo and has to hold it all together.

The singer is the last one to come in and has to sing to what the others are playing. During rehearsals they can decide on any kind of stuff like tempo, repetitions ect. singers can sing wrong lyrics or come in late, a guitar solo can have bum notes or whatever. You hear a mistake, but can go on. But if the drummer plays a wrong rhythm, the rest of the band is pretty much lost.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 21:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bicycle Race

http://www.instagram.com/p/B7gJs6KhmA1/

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 21:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Bicycle Race

http://www.instagram.com/p/B7gJs6KhmA1/

The song was about a bycycle not a motorbike. JUst another change of song. Laughable seeing this tool on the bike

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 21:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How great is that? With the ticket each audience member got the chance to download an app with a yellow heart. And many many audience members showed that heart during“Somebody to love“.
http://twitter.com/renrensoh/status/1218776745337180160?s=21

I‘m not a fan of such apps, but this is something I haven’t seen before. Seoul rocked and looooved QAL!

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 22:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here is the complete song (Somebody to Love) from the audience. At one point Brian got his phone and started to film the audience. :). The quality of that video is superb!
http://youtu.be/7s7ErQLQlic

Also: Love of my Live (Seoul 20.1.2020) The Koreans are singing almost louder than the South American audiences.
http://youtu.be/CJAhdU-6Z4w

Always two of my favorites:
Don’t stop me now http://youtu.be/j0A50-Fg-4w
(This one includes the applauses for Brian and Roger (and Freddie) at the beginning of the video.)

Under Pressure http://youtu.be/V-6ro99lljo

MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1453 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 22:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam ‘Smelly’ Lambert

Hotdog
MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1453 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 22:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

anadamfan wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

I don’t think they had or used ear monitors back in the day at their live shows and I would bet the band was following Freddie’s lead back then and now it could be Adam follows Brian’s lead in some of the songs and the monitors get in the way.

Brian doesn’t use ear monitors. The rest uses them, but there are speakers all over the stage for each of them as well. Like in the old days.

And by the way: It’s the drummer who leads a band. Have you ever noticed Roger’s counting before they start a song? He sets the tempo and has to hold it all together.

The singer is the last one to come in and has to sing to what the others are playing. During rehearsals they can decide on any kind of stuff like tempo, repetitions ect. singers can sing wrong lyrics or come in late, a guitar solo can have bum notes or whatever. You hear a mistake, but can go on. But if the drummer plays a wrong rhythm, the rest of the band is pretty much lost.

There’s a good video by a professional opera singer reviewing Queen at Live Aid. She said Freddie was leading the band.

https://youtu.be/dvQiSV--hGY

Hotdog

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 22:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

There’s a good video by a professional opera singer reviewing Queen at Live Aid. She said Freddie was leading the band.

https://youtu.be/dvQiSV--hGY

Performance-wise he did for sure. And when Freddie is playing piano at the beginning of BoRhap he’s leading musically as well. It depends on the arrangement of a song, but mostly it‘s drummer, who’s setting the pace.
When there is a more dominant instrument (bass on AOBTD, piano on the BoRhap verses) it‘s that instrument.
Since they are all great musicians, each of them is able to adapt to the playing/singing (and even mistakes) of the others. The great plus of playing live.

Michael Allred user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1782 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 23:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So it was the typical set list again?

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5130 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 23:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Michael Allred wrote:

Yea, I just came here to post about that.

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 23:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Michael Allred wrote:

Same ol songs destroyed by a parody of a singer