Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Rhapsody Tour — January, 2020 — Seoul, Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya

forum rss feed
Author

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3476 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jan 20, 20:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

Wow, I’ve just been watching that full concert video posted above and it is incredible! The videographer was in a perfect spot in the audience to capture everyone on the main stage, catwalk and B stage. Excellent closeup photography! Next best thing to being there. The thing about the set list is that it flows. And when you are there it just hits you with one great iconic song after another. It just knocks you out and envelops you so that you feel like you are right there in the middle of it all. The majesty of the music and the spectacular lighting and now those floating panels.

Anyone in Europe, don’t miss this new show even if you have seen them before! Whatever you spend to get there is worth it.


Hopefully, your advice is heeded as those 5 additional 02 shows are selling poorly.

I couldn't believe how many unsold seats there were when I looked at the seat maps.

They definitely over-estimated demand by making it 10 shows.



Finally folks had enough of their crappy overpriced covershows. Maylor are only Graverobbers


Well...someones going to take a bath on these additional 5 nearly empty shows. There's a lot of costs associated with these shows and they desperately need to get them at least 80% full or they will be losing serious money.



SOmetimes greed is punished. But as the Glamtarts say that money is no motivation I am sure they will have fun playing to orange seats. 251 Pound for a nosebleed seat lol. Unbelievable. And all that for a pretty lousy cover combo with a goat on vocals plus a backupdrummer


Runner../.why do you bring up the backup drummer?

Are you saying it's a good thing...an additional value?

Or do you think it's a bad thing there is a back up drummer?



It is embarrassing. If you cannot cut it anymore on your own retire. Plain and simple.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5032 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jan 20, 21:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PrimeJiveUSA, do you have a recent link to the ticket sales information for the O2 shows?




runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3476 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jan 20, 21:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If only there was some kind machine with which you could search the web

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1463 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jan 20, 22:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Plus you are a copy cat among other things! Someone else said the very same thing a day or two ago!

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1463 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jan 20, 22:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not quite sure why you are suddenly talking about grave robbers, but as far as American English goes, that makes no sense whatsoever. There are cradle robbers, but nothing in the sense that I think you mean it. I would omit that phrase from your vocabulary. Oh, I also checked the urban dictionary as maybe it was a new term, but no, it is just a stupid sounding thing to say.

PrimeJiveUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 713 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jan 20, 23:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

PrimeJiveUSA, do you have a recent link to the ticket sales information for the O2 shows?




Sweet Caroline...a couple of days ago I was on QOL and clicked the "buy tickets" box and was shocked to see how empty the arena was for the 5 additional shows.

anadamfan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 248 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jan 20, 23:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

Sweet Caroline...a couple of days ago I was on QOL and clicked the "buy tickets" box and was shocked to see how empty the arena was for the 5 additional shows.

No need to be shocked. You can care about that in 5 months. I‘m positive that the tickets are going to sell.

I actually like, that this way some more casual fans get the chance to buy tickets. With immediate sellouts that’s impossible.


rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 06:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

PrimeJiveUSA, do you have a recent link to the ticket sales information for the O2 shows?




Sweet Caroline...a couple of days ago I was on QOL and clicked the "buy tickets" box and was shocked to see how empty the arena was for the 5 additional shows.


The 20th is virtually sold out there's only 5 tickets left, 21st is almost sold out with seats dotted about but not loads. No idea about the 8th, no interactive map but the other two have lots of VIP seats placed randomly which I suspect will revert to normal and no doubt sell out nearer the time so I'd hardly say none are close to selling out at all.



MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1453 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 06:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

PrimeJiveUSA, do you have a recent link to the ticket sales information for the O2 shows?




Sweet Caroline...a couple of days ago I was on QOL and clicked the "buy tickets" box and was shocked to see how empty the arena was for the 5 additional shows.


The 20th is virtually sold out there's only 5 tickets left, 21st is almost sold out with seats dotted about but not loads. No idea about the 8th, no interactive map but the other two have lots of VIP seats placed randomly which I suspect will revert to normal and no doubt sell out nearer the time so I'd hardly say none are close to selling out at all.



In a thousand years when the world ends,

People will say, "Do you like this Queen song?" and of course, Freddie will be on vocals.

Adam only tours with Queen, he won't be remembered for his music with Queen. He never made a hit with them. How can you be remembered without creating a track? Don't be so dense, fruitcake. Adam didn't make "history" with Queen other than getting two old guys out to tour with him (and not the first tour Roger and Brian had with a singer... don't forget Paul Rodgers).

Yes, I laugh about that.

Adam can't sell a fucking record to save his sorry soul... and when the world ends, people'll be listening to Freddie, not Adam.


Hotdog
Young Music Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
Young Music Fan
Bohemian: 643 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 07:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

In a thousand years when the world ends,

People will say, "Do you like this Queen song?" and of course, Freddie will be on vocals.

Adam only tours with Queen, he won't be remembered for his music with Queen. He never made a hit with them. How can you be remembered without creating a track? Don't be so dense, fruitcake. Adam didn't make "history" with Queen other than getting two old guys out to tour with him (and not the first tour Roger and Brian had with a singer... don't forget Paul Rodgers).

Yes, I laugh about that.

Adam can't sell a fucking record to save his sorry soul... and when the world ends, people'll be listening to Freddie, not Adam.


But nobody has said that he will remembered for an enternity, what he is doing is celebrating and reminding people the music of Queen. AL and the movie has helped Queen's music become arguably the most popular it's ever been. So, if you are a Queen fan surely you'd respect that point as it's such a positive thing even if you despise both things. What's more important your opinion or the legacy?

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 08:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

PrimeJiveUSA, do you have a recent link to the ticket sales information for the O2 shows?




Sweet Caroline...a couple of days ago I was on QOL and clicked the "buy tickets" box and was shocked to see how empty the arena was for the 5 additional shows.


The 20th is virtually sold out there's only 5 tickets left, 21st is almost sold out with seats dotted about but not loads. No idea about the 8th, no interactive map but the other two have lots of VIP seats placed randomly which I suspect will revert to normal and no doubt sell out nearer the time so I'd hardly say none are close to selling out at all.



In a thousand years when the world ends,

People will say, "Do you like this Queen song?" and of course, Freddie will be on vocals.

Adam only tours with Queen, he won't be remembered for his music with Queen. He never made a hit with them. How can you be remembered without creating a track? Don't be so dense, fruitcake. Adam didn't make "history" with Queen other than getting two old guys out to tour with him (and not the first tour Roger and Brian had with a singer... don't forget Paul Rodgers).

Yes, I laugh about that.

Adam can't sell a fucking record to save his sorry soul... and when the world ends, people'll be listening to Freddie, not Adam.


Why on earth are you replying to a comment about seats left in a venue with that load of drivel? That has zero to do with the conversation and is nothing anyone has even mentioned.



PrimeJiveUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 713 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 10:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

MisterCosmicc wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

PrimeJiveUSA, do you have a recent link to the ticket sales information for the O2 shows?




Sweet Caroline...a couple of days ago I was on QOL and clicked the "buy tickets" box and was shocked to see how empty the arena was for the 5 additional shows.


The 20th is virtually sold out there's only 5 tickets left, 21st is almost sold out with seats dotted about but not loads. No idea about the 8th, no interactive map but the other two have lots of VIP seats placed randomly which I suspect will revert to normal and no doubt sell out nearer the time so I'd hardly say none are close to selling out at all.



In a thousand years when the world ends,

People will say, "Do you like this Queen song?" and of course, Freddie will be on vocals.

Adam only tours with Queen, he won't be remembered for his music with Queen. He never made a hit with them. How can you be remembered without creating a track? Don't be so dense, fruitcake. Adam didn't make "history" with Queen other than getting two old guys out to tour with him (and not the first tour Roger and Brian had with a singer... don't forget Paul Rodgers).

Yes, I laugh about that.

Adam can't sell a fucking record to save his sorry soul... and when the world ends, people'll be listening to Freddie, not Adam.


Why on earth are you replying to a comment about seats left in a venue with that load of drivel? That has zero to do with the conversation and is nothing anyone has even mentioned.



Haha...I was wondering the same thing!



snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1463 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 13:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You know, I don't think the average fan going to QAL is thinking about legacies and who will be played at the end of the world. I wish that those were the only concerns that I had in my life. Sounds like a major worry for you! Sometimes you just go with the flow and enjoy whatever is going on at the time you are capable of enjoying it. Right now QAL is touring and people go see them because that is what is available. They can't see Freddie and John doesn't want to be seen so, It is QAL or nothing. Most people choose QAL and are thrilled they got to see a magnificent concert honoring Queen played by originals and sung by a singer with an awesome voice. Sometimes it is just as simple as that. They are gilding the Queen's legacy and why you find that so problematic, I will never understand. Time marches on and you either go with it or you can stay in the past. Since there is such a wide availability of Queen's music and videos and you tubes, that is so easy to do. No problem, but you don't have to keep raining on our parade. Go find Runner and the two of you should find a different site for yourselves where you can revel in Freddie and the old Queen music with other like minded souls, or maybe just a different part of this board. That would be the mature thing to do and we would all be happier!

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2991 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 14:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

Wow, I’ve just been watching that full concert video posted above and it is incredible! The videographer was in a perfect spot in the audience to capture everyone on the main stage, catwalk and B stage. Excellent closeup photography! Next best thing to being there. The thing about the set list is that it flows. And when you are there it just hits you with one great iconic song after another. It just knocks you out and envelops you so that you feel like you are right there in the middle of it all. The majesty of the music and the spectacular lighting and now those floating panels.

Anyone in Europe, don’t miss this new show even if you have seen them before! Whatever you spend to get there is worth it.


Hopefully, your advice is heeded as those 5 additional 02 shows are selling poorly.

I couldn't believe how many unsold seats there were when I looked at the seat maps.

They definitely over-estimated demand by making it 10 shows.



Finally folks had enough of their crappy overpriced covershows. Maylor are only Graverobbers


Well...someones going to take a bath on these additional 5 nearly empty shows. There's a lot of costs associated with these shows and they desperately need to get them at least 80% full or they will be losing serious money.



SOmetimes greed is punished. But as the Glamtarts say that money is no motivation I am sure they will have fun playing to orange seats. 251 Pound for a nosebleed seat lol. Unbelievable. And all that for a pretty lousy cover combo with a goat on vocals plus a backupdrummer


Runner../.why do you bring up the backup drummer?

Are you saying it's a good thing...an additional value?

Or do you think it's a bad thing there is a back up drummer?



It is embarrassing. If you cannot cut it anymore on your own retire. Plain and simple.


So it was ok for Pink Floyd to tour in the 80's and 90's with a percussionist/drummer. Same for Fleetwood Mac over the last fifteen years but not Queen.


PrimeJiveUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 713 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 14:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

You know, I don't think the average fan going to QAL is thinking about legacies and who will be played at the end of the world. I wish that those were the only concerns that I had in my life. Sounds like a major worry for you! Sometimes you just go with the flow and enjoy whatever is going on at the time you are capable of enjoying it. Right now QAL is touring and people go see them because that is what is available. They can't see Freddie and John doesn't want to be seen so, It is QAL or nothing. Most people choose QAL and are thrilled they got to see a magnificent concert honoring Queen played by originals and sung by a singer with an awesome voice. Sometimes it is just as simple as that. They are gilding the Queen's legacy and why you find that so problematic, I will never understand. Time marches on and you either go with it or you can stay in the past. Since there is such a wide availability of Queen's music and videos and you tubes, that is so easy to do. No problem, but you don't have to keep raining on our parade. Go find Runner and the two of you should find a different site for yourselves where you can revel in Freddie and the old Queen music with other like minded souls, or maybe just a different part of this board. That would be the mature thing to do and we would all be happier!


Very well said.

I'm a lifelong American fan that never got to see the original band live. Like you said...it's what's available and I'm just thankful I at least got to see half of Queen in person( twice now). It's better than nothing at all and it's a great show and a lot of fun!



MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1453 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 17:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gen Z Music Fan wrote:

MisterCosmicc wrote:

In a thousand years when the world ends,

People will say, "Do you like this Queen song?" and of course, Freddie will be on vocals.

Adam only tours with Queen, he won't be remembered for his music with Queen. He never made a hit with them. How can you be remembered without creating a track? Don't be so dense, fruitcake. Adam didn't make "history" with Queen other than getting two old guys out to tour with him (and not the first tour Roger and Brian had with a singer... don't forget Paul Rodgers).

Yes, I laugh about that.

Adam can't sell a fucking record to save his sorry soul... and when the world ends, people'll be listening to Freddie, not Adam.


But nobody has said that he will remembered for an enternity, what he is doing is celebrating and reminding people the music of Queen. AL and the movie has helped Queen's music become arguably the most popular it's ever been. So, if you are a Queen fan surely you'd respect that point as it's such a positive thing even if you despise both things. What's more important your opinion or the legacy?


Adam Lambert doesn’t remind people people about the music of Queen... they already knew.

I very much doubt that Adam has contributed much to Queen’s popularity.

It’s like a lot of Adam Worshippers here, they haven’t bought a Queen record. All they think about is live music... QAL. People like SweetCaroline think that’s the most important work any of them have done.

Queen’s legacy was in line well before Adam came into the Queen world. Freddie Mercury helped a lot with that.


Hotdog
MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1453 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 17:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

MisterCosmicc wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

PrimeJiveUSA, do you have a recent link to the ticket sales information for the O2 shows?




Sweet Caroline...a couple of days ago I was on QOL and clicked the "buy tickets" box and was shocked to see how empty the arena was for the 5 additional shows.


The 20th is virtually sold out there's only 5 tickets left, 21st is almost sold out with seats dotted about but not loads. No idea about the 8th, no interactive map but the other two have lots of VIP seats placed randomly which I suspect will revert to normal and no doubt sell out nearer the time so I'd hardly say none are close to selling out at all.



In a thousand years when the world ends,

People will say, "Do you like this Queen song?" and of course, Freddie will be on vocals.

Adam only tours with Queen, he won't be remembered for his music with Queen. He never made a hit with them. How can you be remembered without creating a track? Don't be so dense, fruitcake. Adam didn't make "history" with Queen other than getting two old guys out to tour with him (and not the first tour Roger and Brian had with a singer... don't forget Paul Rodgers).

Yes, I laugh about that.

Adam can't sell a fucking record to save his sorry soul... and when the world ends, people'll be listening to Freddie, not Adam.


Why on earth are you replying to a comment about seats left in a venue with that load of drivel? That has zero to do with the conversation and is nothing anyone has even mentioned.



I wrote a lot that you disagree with, your reply screams, “I don’t know where to start!”


Hotdog
MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1453 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 17:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

You know, I don't think the average fan going to QAL is thinking about legacies and who will be played at the end of the world. I wish that those were the only concerns that I had in my life. Sounds like a major worry for you! Sometimes you just go with the flow and enjoy whatever is going on at the time you are capable of enjoying it. Right now QAL is touring and people go see them because that is what is available. They can't see Freddie and John doesn't want to be seen so, It is QAL or nothing. Most people choose QAL and are thrilled they got to see a magnificent concert honoring Queen played by originals and sung by a singer with an awesome voice. Sometimes it is just as simple as that. They are gilding the Queen's legacy and why you find that so problematic, I will never understand. Time marches on and you either go with it or you can stay in the past. Since there is such a wide availability of Queen's music and videos and you tubes, that is so easy to do. No problem, but you don't have to keep raining on our parade. Go find Runner and the two of you should find a different site for yourselves where you can revel in Freddie and the old Queen music with other like minded souls, or maybe just a different part of this board. That would be the mature thing to do and we would all be happier!


Why don’t you fuck off to Adamtopia? Everyone knows Adam is your hero. You’re not a Queen fan.

I’ve been on Queenzone for 20 years, I very doubt I’m going anywhere anytime soon.


Hotdog
MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1453 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 17:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lawmichele wrote:

At the risk of getting yelled at- I'm a relative newby who got into Queen after the movie made me realize what they were ( innovative, creative, talented writers and performers in multi- musical genres, 4 who together are/ were indeed greater than the whole etc). It made me a fan who hated herself for having been too busy with marriage and law school and motherhood and partnership and clients to be aware of them when they were truly them. Now, over a year later, via concerts, music videos, documentaries, interviews, membership in Queen groups and new friendships I have become a crazed Queen and Freddie fan and lover, and fully understand all of the fiction/ dramatic licenses found in the movie.
I attended one Queen/AL concert last year.
One was enough.
I loved the lights and much of the sound and Brian s guitar including the space theme additions etc
I didn't hate AL He has a great voice.
But it wasn't Queen as I had come to know it.

And what I REALLY hated was that AL changed the intent and meaning of what I consider some iconic Freddie songs.
Just one example: He took Somebody To Love which was written and sung by Freddie as an emotional plea for Love , and through leering, winking and dry humping changed it into a search for Somebody to F--k.

One other: he sat fanning himself while in spangles not singing about Killer Queen but ...being her.

Onstage , Freddie was fun and funny and emotional and strong and expressive and camp but never Las Vegas man. That image is just wrong for the music.

Also- from the perspective of someone fairly new at this but also of an age not far off from that of Brian and Roger- I don't think this is a cash grab. I think they sorely and emotionally miss the adulation and excitement of touring as Queen with Freddie. I don't think they need the money. I think they are both suffering from a late onset of a kind if mid life crisis. Being on stage with fans yelling in large groups- screaming fans at the Seoul airport last week- provides an adrenalin rush for two seniors who are trying to avoid any realization of how years literally sprint by as they age and want to travel back in a sort of time warp to a facsimile- but just that, a facsimile- of how things once were.


Excellent post


Hotdog
runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3476 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 18:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

You know, I don't think the average fan going to QAL is thinking about legacies and who will be played at the end of the world.


You are talking about some casual whoi wants to listen to WWRY and writes "Freddy" for Freddie's name. A Die-Hard surely care how his favourite band of the past is portrayed. In QAL's case it is almost if Lambeird is mocking them by completely ridiculing songs that hat a meaning to Freddie like STL (which he turns into "Somebody to Fuck" with a ridiculous DUck Dance). And those two old mercernary men do not even notice that they are becoming a laughing stock. They do not care anymore as long as they can male a buck


It is QAL or nothing.

There are other tribute acts around who are clearly better and bring the spirit of QUeen across in a respectful way. QAL do not belong to those. So i rather chose nothing instad of this shitfest. Seeing RT needing a backup drummer is just sad. Just like a professional cyclist who still wants to perform in professional races but now has to use an ebike. EMbarrassing. If you cannot cut it anymore retire. Just like everybody does-and surely do not pretend it is the real thing!


honoring Queen played by originals and sung by a singer with an awesome voice.


Originals who need backups and an annoying singer, an arrogant twat trying to imitate Freddie and failing miserably. Just look at him with the crown on his ugly head -"Yes I am the King of QUeen" - while Freddie laughed his ass off wearing it (and he never wore it while singing. Mocking again. ANd his voice is unlistenable screeching and oversinging - just disgraceful shitty.


. Go find Runner and the two of you should find a different site for yourselves where you can revel in Freddie and the old Queen music with other like minded souls, or maybe just a different part of this board. That would be the mature thing to do and we would all be happier!


And you wonder why I call you a shit stirring ignorant cunt? Because you are. Telling long time fans to leave a Queen board - really? You should fuck off to Adamtopia or what this shit is called and rave about the annoying ladyboy. QAL has nothing to do with original QUeen apart from the fact that they are badly covering Queen songs