Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Rhapsody Tour — January, 2020 — Seoul, Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya

forum rss feed
Author

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3476 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 18:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:
Time marches on and you either go with it or you can stay in the past.

Don't you see your own contradiction you stupid twat? Who is staying in the past? Two old mercenaries playing the 30-40 year old greatest hits for the millionth time. Pure nostalgia act like all those bands who didn't record for ages anymore and just play their tired hits. They are living in the past.

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 18:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Why on earth are you replying to a comment about seats left in a venue with that load of drivel? That has zero to do with the conversation and is nothing anyone has even mentioned.

Because it is about who is going or not going to the shows. Valid answer. Maybe you are too stupid to understand

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 18:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal harmony wrote:

So it was ok for Pink Floyd to tour in the 80's and 90's with a percussionist/drummer. Same for Fleetwood Mac over the last fifteen years but not Queen.

SO you really comparing the drummer of Pink Floyd with Freddie Mercury ???? You really do? Quite laughable don't you think?

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 18:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

snifflese wrote:

You know, I don't think the average fan going to QAL is thinking about legacies and who will be played at the end of the world. I wish that those were the only concerns that I had in my life. Sounds like a major worry for you! Sometimes you just go with the flow and enjoy whatever is going on at the time you are capable of enjoying it. Right now QAL is touring and people go see them because that is what is available. They can't see Freddie and John doesn't want to be seen so, It is QAL or nothing. Most people choose QAL and are thrilled they got to see a magnificent concert honoring Queen played by originals and sung by a singer with an awesome voice. Sometimes it is just as simple as that. They are gilding the Queen's legacy and why you find that so problematic, I will never understand. Time marches on and you either go with it or you can stay in the past. Since there is such a wide availability of Queen's music and videos and you tubes, that is so easy to do. No problem, but you don't have to keep raining on our parade. Go find Runner and the two of you should find a different site for yourselves where you can revel in Freddie and the old Queen music with other like minded souls, or maybe just a different part of this board. That would be the mature thing to do and we would all be happier!

Very well said.

I'm a lifelong American fan that never got to see the original band live. Like you said...it's what's available and I'm just thankful I at least got to see half of Queen in person( twice now). It's better than nothing at all and it's a great show and a lot of fun!

I'd rather cherish the originals than watching a sad second rate copy trying to be the real thing. It is way more rewarding to watch a good tribute act who does not pretend to be the real thing than this tragedy. A friend of mine was at the Martel concert last week . All he said was that he preferred this over QAL any day! And he saw a lot of QAL shows as well

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 18:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

snifflese wrote:

You know, I don't think the average fan going to QAL is thinking about legacies and who will be played at the end of the world. I wish that those were the only concerns that I had in my life. Sounds like a major worry for you! Sometimes you just go with the flow and enjoy whatever is going on at the time you are capable of enjoying it. Right now QAL is touring and people go see them because that is what is available. They can't see Freddie and John doesn't want to be seen so, It is QAL or nothing. Most people choose QAL and are thrilled they got to see a magnificent concert honoring Queen played by originals and sung by a singer with an awesome voice. Sometimes it is just as simple as that. They are gilding the Queen's legacy and why you find that so problematic, I will never understand. Time marches on and you either go with it or you can stay in the past. Since there is such a wide availability of Queen's music and videos and you tubes, that is so easy to do. No problem, but you don't have to keep raining on our parade. Go find Runner and the two of you should find a different site for yourselves where you can revel in Freddie and the old Queen music with other like minded souls, or maybe just a different part of this board. That would be the mature thing to do and we would all be happier!

Why don’t you fuck off to Adamtopia? Everyone knows Adam is your hero. You’re not a Queen fan.

I’ve been on Queenzone for 20 years, I very doubt I’m going anywhere anytime soon.

I do not think any QUeen/Freddie fan goes over to Adamfuckia and raves about Freddie and Slams The goatboy. Here there are annoying glamberts that do just that vice versa. Hard to believe and totally annoying. Delusional Glamtarts who think the goat has any star QUality or will be a "Legend". He will be selling burgers after QAL

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1463 posts

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 20:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who is slamming Freddie? Just because some of us like QAL has absolutely NOTHING to do with Freddie. We are not discussing Freddie since he is not a part of QAL. Can you not wrap your head around that? I am so tired of you calling me names. Just because you don't agree does not mean you have the right to do that. Your behavior is just atrocious. I think all of us who dislike Runner should send a petition together to the powers that be to get rid of such a horrible person. There is no value added with him posting here and his behavior is beyond the pale and needs to be gone.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1463 posts

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 20:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who is slamming Freddie? Just because some of us like QAL has absolutely NOTHING to do with Freddie. We are not discussing Freddie since he is not a part of QAL. Can you not wrap your head around that? I am so tired of you calling me names. Just because you don't agree does not mean you have the right to do that. Your behavior is just atrocious. I think all of us who dislike Runner should send a petition together to the powers that be to get rid of such a horrible person. There is no value added with him posting here and his behavior is beyond the pale and needs to be gone.

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 21:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Why dont you do yourself a favour and fuck off. THis is Queenzone noch Lambertzone. The tool you're lusting for is riding on the coattrails of Freddie Mercury, his career depend solely on him. Read that three times to get it into your lil braincell

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 21:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Why dont you do yourself a favour and fuck off. THis is Queenzone notLambertzone. The tool you're lusting for is riding on the coattrails of Freddie Mercury, his career depends solely on him. Read that three times to get it into your lil braincell

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5031 posts

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 21:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian and Roger could have had Marc Martel as their front man to tour with. They chose Marc for their official tribute band, Queen Extravaganza, but they didn’t want to personally tour with a Freddie soundalike. They liked Adam because he brought his own sound, stage presence and charisma to the collaboration. He got better but Marc did not have much personality and stage presence in the beginning in 2012 when I saw QE at The House of Blues in Ohio.

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 21:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Brian and Roger could have had Marc Martel as their front man to tour with. They chose Marc for their official tribute band, Queen Extravaganza, but they didn’t want to personally tour with a Freddie soundalike. They liked Adam because he brought his own sound, stage presence and charisma to the collaboration. He got better but Marc did not have much personality and stage presence in the beginning in 2012 when I saw QE at The House of Blues in Ohio.

How do you define "stage presence" for fucks sake???? I do not call it stage presence when he is shaking his fat ass on a serious song like STL or lie on a couch playing "the gayest man on earth" during Killer Queen or riding a MOTORbike on a song about normal bycycles or singing WWTLF like reading a phonebook. I could go on forever about this useless tool.
Lamebird has ZERO stagepresence at all and is singing like a whining lil girl - totally powerless. He is literally Mocking Queen and those two money hungry mercenaries don't even notice it. Martel is singing circles around him. He may not be the most flamboyant guy but he is a huble and nice man who REALLY is a Freddie and Queen fan. Lamebird is a manufactured plastic pop singer whose solo career is failing miserably and whose career depends on two guys from a band that is over for 28 years. He is a cover crooner for most of his career and if it wasn't for one legendary Freddie Mercury he would sell burgers on foodtrucks.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 22:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Marc is boring, and no you won’t see him shaking his ass, but you are forgetting that Freddie said to never make him boring. I imagine he meant that about his music, too. Humble? Adam is the epitome of humble! He could be a raging blowhard after spending 9 years touring with Queen, having Hollywood level good looks and a voice that reaches the rafters!

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 22:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Marc is boring, and no you won’t see him shaking his ass, but you are forgetting that Freddie said to never make him boring. I imagine he meant that about his music, too. Humble? Adam is the epitome of humble! He could be a raging blowhard after spending 9 years touring with Queen, having Hollywood level good looks and a voice that reaches the rafters!

he looks like shit (Asian Ladyboy), sounds like shit ( a whining lil girl has more power than him) and is an arrogant twat playing to be humble. His speech that he is not Freddie is so acted that it hurts. And him wearing the crown is the icing on the cake of being a copycat and having no respect for the Queen legacy. And mocking songs like STL does not help either. He is a useless wanker. A Raging blowhard? He might blow some cocks hard if you mean that. HE will always be the hired gun, the stand-in for a legend while failing miserably.

Look at the FB comments on the Queen site today. He is flamed there!

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 22:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Not quite sure why you are suddenly talking about grave robbers, but as far as American English goes, that makes no sense whatsoever. There are cradle robbers, but nothing in the sense that I think you mean it. I would omit that phrase from your vocabulary. Oh, I also checked the urban dictionary as maybe it was a new term, but no, it is just a stupid sounding thing to say.

you obviously have a dictionary for the impaired....

https://dict.leo.org/englisch-deutsch/grave%20robber

PrimeJiveUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 713 posts

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 22:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

snifflese wrote:

Very well said.

I'm a lifelong American fan that never got to see the original band live. Like you said...it's what's available and I'm just thankful I at least got to see half of Queen in person( twice now). It's better than nothing at all and it's a great show and a lot of fun!

I'd rather cherish the originals than watching a sad second rate copy trying to be the real thing.

I do BOTH. I'm a Queen fan. I own every official release from the band(and some "unofficial") and own every solo release from all members. I actually intended to see them with Paul Rodgers all those years ago but could not travel and coordinate it with my work schedule. I actually am a long-time fan of Paul Rodgers and his work with BadCo/Free/The Firm/The Law etc. I was never a "fan" of AL but jumped at the chance to finally see Brian and Roger live on the 2017 tour. It was very much a "bucket list" thing for me to see surviving members of Queen in concert. The show was great...a real blast. When they announced the Rhapsody Tour in 2018 I JUMPED at the chance to do it all over again. Brian and Roger are in their 70's! There's not much time left! At this point every opportunity to see them is precious. It has no bearing whatsoever of how I hold up the original lineup and the god-like albums they made in the '70's and the still-beloved work they did in the 80's/early 90's.

In fact...whenever I want a dose of Queen "live" I usually return to my favorite "live" album Live Killers(still the closest to my heart after all these years).

It's very easy to enjoy both.

P.S.: as a fan that ALWAYS remained loyal to them(member of the Fan Club throughout) but saw them relegated to near-obscurity in the U.S. during the 80's...I am DELIGHTED to see this resurgence and sold-out arenas.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 00:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^^^ Amen!!!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 00:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian on the highlights of the show:

http://www.asahi.com/articles/ASN1P6VJRN1PUCVL01K.html

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 01:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

^^^ Amen!!!

Thank you!!!

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 01:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 06:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

[
P.S.: as a fan that ALWAYS remained loyal to them(member of the Fan Club throughout) but saw them relegated to near-obscurity in the U.S. during the 80's...I am DELIGHTED to see this resurgence and sold-out arenas.

You are the prime example of a blind follower. One can be a fan and be critical. you surely ain't. WHat is "Loyal" ? Buying every crap product they advertise? They have become salesmen now and are no musicians anymore. I have lost all respect for them after QPR (which was ok). They completely sold out and try to rewrite history. And the icing on the cake is the destroying of the QUeen catalogue with this annoying muppet. Sure it breings them $$$ and that is what counts for them. Artististically they could have gone the Robert Plant way - be loyal to your back catalogue and explore new music territories. The chose the $$$ way and have become a laughing stock in the rock world now. sad but true.