Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Rhapsody Tour — January, 2020 — Seoul, Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya

forum rss feed
Author

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2991 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 14:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Vocal harmony wrote:


So it was ok for Pink Floyd to tour in the 80's and 90's with a percussionist/drummer. Same for Fleetwood Mac over the last fifteen years but not Queen.


SO you really comparing the drummer of Pink Floyd with Freddie Mercury ???? You really do? Quite laughable don't you think?


Read your own fucking post that I was answering. Where the hell have I compared any drummer with Freddie Mercury. More bullshit from your pea sized brain. If I've done what you say I've done post that comment, prove to me and everyone else that I've done what you say I've done. . .

I'm waiting.

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2991 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 14:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

[
P.S.: as a fan that ALWAYS remained loyal to them(member of the Fan Club throughout) but saw them relegated to near-obscurity in the U.S. during the 80's...I am DELIGHTED to see this resurgence and sold-out arenas.



You are the prime example of a blind follower. One can be a fan and be critical. you surely ain't. WHat is "Loyal" ? Buying every crap product they advertise? They have become salesmen now and are no musicians anymore. I have lost all respect for them after QPR (which was ok). They completely sold out and try to rewrite history. And the icing on the cake is the destroying of the QUeen catalogue with this annoying muppet. Sure it breings them $$$ and that is what counts for them. Artististically they could have gone the Robert Plant way - be loyal to your back catalogue and explore new music territories. The chose the $$$ way and have become a laughing stock in the rock world now. sad but true.


There's a huge difference between not liking something and blindly criticisqing it and the people who enjoy it.

You constantly invent shit to support your argument. Thee are far more old Queen fans who really enjoy the fact they are still going out and producing shows of this caliber, yes runner old fans, fans that saw the original line up. . . Unlike you who probably never saw Queen in the day.

As far as Robert Plant goes he wants to follow his own path, do his own thing, which is great. But if you're going to use Led Zeppelin as an example tell the whole story, Page and Jones and Jason Bonham would have toured if Plant had agreed. I guess in your mind that puts them in the same boat as Brian and Roger.

As far as it being a money making exercise,many nothing else, they've gone to the expense of a huge show at huge cost. They could have taken something half the size out, spent less money and charged the same for tickets and made a lot more out of it.

Stop thinking your view is the only view, stop stating absolute crap as fact and stop acting like a 12 year old. If you don't like it don't be part of it.



Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2991 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 14:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Double post



runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3476 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 20:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal harmony wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

[
P.S.: as a fan that ALWAYS remained loyal to them(member of the Fan Club throughout) but saw them relegated to near-obscurity in the U.S. during the 80's...I am DELIGHTED to see this resurgence and sold-out arenas.



You are the prime example of a blind follower. One can be a fan and be critical. you surely ain't. WHat is "Loyal" ? Buying every crap product they advertise? They have become salesmen now and are no musicians anymore. I have lost all respect for them after QPR (which was ok). They completely sold out and try to rewrite history. And the icing on the cake is the destroying of the QUeen catalogue with this annoying muppet. Sure it breings them $$$ and that is what counts for them. Artististically they could have gone the Robert Plant way - be loyal to your back catalogue and explore new music territories. The chose the $$$ way and have become a laughing stock in the rock world now. sad but true.


There's a huge difference between not liking something and blindly criticisqing it and the people who enjoy it.

You constantly invent shit to support your argument. Thee are far more old Queen fans who really enjoy the fact they are still going out and producing shows of this caliber, yes runner old fans, fans that saw the original line up. . . Unlike you who probably never saw Queen in the day.

As far as Robert Plant goes he wants to follow his own path, do his own thing, which is great. But if you're going to use Led Zeppelin as an example tell the whole story, Page and Jones and Jason Bonham would have toured if Plant had agreed. I guess in your mind that puts them in the same boat as Brian and Roger.

As far as it being a money making exercise,many nothing else, they've gone to the expense of a huge show at huge cost. They could have taken something half the size out, spent less money and charged the same for tickets and made a lot more out of it.

Stop thinking your view is the only view, stop stating absolute crap as fact and stop acting like a 12 year old. If you don't like it don't be part of it.



Those are acting as 12 year olds pretending QAL is the real thing while it is a pure nostalgia crapfest too generate $$ and nothing else. Maylor have become salesmen and are no musicians anymore it seems. Lamebird has never been a musician. He is made for cruiseships to play in front of 75+ year olds

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1463 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 21:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You are so obnoxious. You sound just like a 12 year old who is trying to impress his older teenage friends with his wisecracks and not really succeeding. You don't like it, fine, we get it, no problem. Everyone likes something different, but it is like Groundhog day here, same complaints day after day after day. Go find another place to irritate everyone.

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2991 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jan 20, 18:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Vocal harmony wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

[
P.S.: as a fan that ALWAYS remained loyal to them(member of the Fan Club throughout) but saw them relegated to near-obscurity in the U.S. during the 80's...I am DELIGHTED to see this resurgence and sold-out arenas.



You are the prime example of a blind follower. One can be a fan and be critical. you surely ain't. WHat is "Loyal" ? Buying every crap product they advertise? They have become salesmen now and are no musicians anymore. I have lost all respect for them after QPR (which was ok). They completely sold out and try to rewrite history. And the icing on the cake is the destroying of the QUeen catalogue with this annoying muppet. Sure it breings them $$$ and that is what counts for them. Artististically they could have gone the Robert Plant way - be loyal to your back catalogue and explore new music territories. The chose the $$$ way and have become a laughing stock in the rock world now. sad but true.


There's a huge difference between not liking something and blindly criticisqing it and the people who enjoy it.

You constantly invent shit to support your argument. Thee are far more old Queen fans who really enjoy the fact they are still going out and producing shows of this caliber, yes runner old fans, fans that saw the original line up. . . Unlike you who probably never saw Queen in the day.

As far as Robert Plant goes he wants to follow his own path, do his own thing, which is great. But if you're going to use Led Zeppelin as an example tell the whole story, Page and Jones and Jason Bonham would have toured if Plant had agreed. I guess in your mind that puts them in the same boat as Brian and Roger.

As far as it being a money making exercise,many nothing else, they've gone to the expense of a huge show at huge cost. They could have taken something half the size out, spent less money and charged the same for tickets and made a lot more out of it.

Stop thinking your view is the only view, stop stating absolute crap as fact and stop acting like a 12 year old. If you don't like it don't be part of it.



Those are acting as 12 year olds pretending QAL is the real thing while it is a pure nostalgia crapfest too generate $$ and nothing else. Maylor have become salesmen and are no musicians anymore it seems. Lamebird has never been a musician. He is made for cruiseships to play in front of 75+ year olds


Since you're so knowledge on this subject maybe you could give us a breakdown percentage wise or in actual currency figures of the costs and profits involved in touring at this level. . .



runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3476 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jan 20, 18:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal harmony wrote:

Thee are far more old Queen fans who really enjoy the fact they are still going out and producing shows of this caliber, yes runner old fans, fans that saw the original line up. . . Unlike you who probably never saw Queen in the day.




How do you know???? Or is it just an assumption you make to justify your silly taste?


SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5032 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jan 20, 20:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian and Roger at the Tokyo Queen Exhibition:

http://www.instagram.com/p/B7rLx6cBD5k/?igshid=1xixrkldsimri

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5130 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Jan 20, 21:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am wondering if the the coronavirus virus could affect the shows in this part of the world.

Saint Jiub user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Saint Jiub
Deity: 7831 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 20, 01:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I am wondering if the the coronavirus virus could affect the shows in this part of the world.


... Only if the politics of fear take over.


Socialism:



There's one for you, nineteen for me

Should five per cent appear too small

Be thankful I don't take it all
SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5032 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 20, 01:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They are saying that virus comes from snakes!!! Yikes!!!

PrimeJiveUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 713 posts
add to buddy list send PM

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3476 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 20, 06:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

They are saying that virus comes from snakes!!! Yikes!!!


Or maybe from Graverobbers raping QUeen songs

Young Music Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
Young Music Fan
Bohemian: 643 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 20, 08:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Or maybe from Graverobbers raping QUeen songs


Is Q+AL a tribute act! Wow, I always thought that it contained TWO Queen members who both wrote, performed and produced several Queen songs which are performed in the show...

Or is it a "fan" for a millionth saying his own personal opinion and then pretending that it's not and the overall general opinion of everyone.

---

In my opinion, Queen fans can do anything they want, it's a free world. So, they shouldn't be told what to do by other fans, like saying don't buy the merchandise etc., just because you don't want to or can't doesn't mean that every fan has to.

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2991 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 20, 11:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Vocal harmony wrote:

Thee are far more old Queen fans who really enjoy the fact they are still going out and producing shows of this caliber, yes runner old fans, fans that saw the original line up. . . Unlike you who probably never saw Queen in the day.




How do you know???? Or is it just an assumption you make to justify your silly taste?


Unlike you're unfounded "assumptions" I've actually been present at several Queen+AL gigs, I was also present at a number of Queen+PR gigs and unlike you I was in several arenas at the same time as Freddie, Brian, Roger and John.

To answer your question, That's how I know! And I'm still waiting for your answer regarding my question about your knowledge of touring costs.

At least I can answer your accusations.


SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5032 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 20, 16:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“THAT’S what you call a FLAWLESS concert.”

PrimeJiveUSA, that is so true! I don’t know how they do it but all 4 of the QAL concerts I have attended since 2014 have been that way. They just move along so smoothly. In addition to the talent of the 6 musicians, the stage, lighting, sound and overall operating crew are the best in the business.



PrimeJiveUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 713 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 20, 16:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

“THAT’S what you call a FLAWLESS concert.”

PrimeJiveUSA, that is so true! I don’t know how they do it but all 4 of the QAL concerts I have attended since 2014 have been that way. They just move along so smoothly. In addition to the talent of the 6 musicians, the stage, lighting, sound and overall operating crew are the best in the business.



What made this one so special are these wonderful Korean fans and all of them singing almost word for word makes it so fun. Their enthusiasm is infectious and the band feeds off of it.

I played that video of the full 2nd concert intending to watch just a few minutes and found myself watching the whole thing with a big smile on my face!



runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3476 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 20, 17:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal harmony wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

Vocal harmony wrote:

Thee are far more old Queen fans who really enjoy the fact they are still going out and producing shows of this caliber, yes runner old fans, fans that saw the original line up. . . Unlike you who probably never saw Queen in the day.




How do you know???? Or is it just an assumption you make to justify your silly taste?


Unlike you're unfounded "assumptions" I've actually been present at several Queen+AL gigs, I was also present at a number of Queen+PR gigs and unlike you I was in several arenas at the same time as Freddie, Brian, Roger and John.

To answer your question, That's how I know! And I'm still waiting for your answer regarding my question about your knowledge of touring costs.

At least I can answer your accusations.


When I saw QPR there were ROCK fans in the audience not silly twats raving over a talentfree ladyboy

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1463 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 20, 21:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Get over yourself! If you liked something, I am sure I wouldn't. From videos I saw QPR was extremely dull and his voice did not suit anything but a few of the rock songs. Queen wrote way more different genres of songs and Adam fits all of those much better. Nobody beats him for the ballads or the kitschy songs like KQ. To each his own.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5130 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 20, 22:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Get over yourself! If you liked something, I am sure I wouldn't. From videos I saw QPR was extremely dull and his voice did not suit anything but a few of the rock songs. Queen wrote way more different genres of songs and Adam fits all of those much better. Nobody beats him for the ballads or the kitschy songs like KQ. To each his own.


Nobody beats AL? Freddie did. Freddie always will.