stevelondon20 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2044 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 12:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ruiner_70 wrote:

Vocal harmony wrote:

ruiner_70 wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

and Adam is free to interpret their music how he feels it so of course his versions will be different than Freddie's as anyone's covering a song would be unless doing an exact copy.

So you basically agree that QAL is a cover/tribute band. FInally.....

You of course have missed out the fact that Freddie himself re interpreted some of his own and other band members songs live. It's something Queen often did.

All good singers have their own way of phrasing and delivering. . .

We understand it's beyond your understanding but make an effort.

New to me that Freddie went on a solo tour...idiot

Can you not read properly? That refers to Queen songs, that Freddie wrote. Not Freddie solo songs. Keep up with things, you might actually learn something.

SpaceGrey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 284 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 13:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

for runner_70 hey, mate. I wrote Greg Brooks about you and I have great info for you, Trust me,don't ask show me the prove something. I'm about the miracle box set. He said that in the box will be two version of "face it alone" and another one with Lambert ( yes, that's right Adam sung it special for you).Are you glad?I said that you are crazy about Lambert and you will be happy if at least one song with his voice is added to the box set.

Young Music Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
Young Music Fan
Bohemian: 643 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 13:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

If Freddie were performing those songs today he would be freeer to interpret the meaning instead of just pumping his fist. Adam has sung only KQ and STL in a more camp way, not the other songs.

This is a good point, AL is performing in the 21st century where homosexuality is more globally accepted. Freddie lived when this issue was not globally accepted (prison or death sentence in some countries and still to this day in a few). If Freddie was alive today he may have been more open on stage perhaps not to the same extent as AL but possibly as open as Elton John.

Young Music Fan

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 13:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Just a Queenfan with taste and common sense and loyalty

More like unloyalty (only a fan up to 1991) and selfishness (making your opinions seem more important than everyone else's opinions).

If every Queen fan from the late 80s/early 90s was like you, I bet you Queen would be a forgotten band or certainly nowhere near as popular as they are today. You are refusing to get that the movie and Q+AL have helped increase Queen's fanbase in the last few years. There are even more loyal fans than on here who also don't like the movie or AL but agree that both have done great things for the popularity of Queen.

Why do you think that your opinion is more important than the millions of other Queen fans from the old and old young? I've never seen one bit of evidence on here that you deserve to be a Queen fan. I think even Freddie would be angry hearing about hearing some of your comments about two of his best friends. The ones he knew since he was a young adult to the day he died.

philip storey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 711 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 15:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie actually only sat at the piano at the start of Somebody To Love and then moved around the stage putting as much emotion into the song as he could.Freddie did not like having to sit at the piano he loved to be able to move around the stage as much as possible.I am beginning to think that this site is beginning to become a place where instead of celebrating Queen is a place of hate and people just ranting and swearing at each other.This is not what this site was made for ,we should of course debate issuses but in a adult way.Some need to get all that hate out of their system in other ways,join a boxing club or something like that.Its the few who spoil things for the rest of us.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3476 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 15:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SpaceGrey wrote:

for runner_70 hey, mate. I wrote Greg Brooks about you and I have great info for you, Trust me,don't ask show me the prove something. I'm about the miracle box set. He said that in the box will be two version of "face it alone" and another one with Lambert ( yes, that's right Adam sung it special for you).Are you glad?I said that you are crazy about Lambert and you will be happy if at least one song with his voice is added to the box set.

Sounds amazing-and now go back to your cell. YOur pills are waiting

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 15:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gen Z Music Fan wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

More like unloyalty (only a fan up to 1991) and selfishness (making your opinions seem more important than everyone else's opinions).

If every Queen fan from the late 80s/early 90s was like you, I bet you Queen would be a forgotten band or certainly nowhere near as popular as they are today. You are refusing to get that the movie and Q+AL have helped increase Queen's fanbase in the last few years. There are even more loyal fans than on here who also don't like the movie or AL but agree that both have done great things for the popularity of Queen.

Why do you think that your opinion is more important than the millions of other Queen fans from the old and old young? I've never seen one bit of evidence on here that you deserve to be a Queen fan. I think even Freddie would be angry hearing about hearing some of your comments about two of his best friends. The ones he knew since he was a young adult to the day he died.

THe movie did QAL did not. But to what price? The BR movie goer now thinks the movie facts are real and Freddie is a dick. THats what those thought that saw the film with me and did not know anything about Queen history.

Most of the old QUeen fans hate QAL. THe diehards do not accept QAL. Look at the audiences. Most diehards do not care and dont post on forums. I do. thats the difference. SHow me ONE diehard who thinks QAL are on par with Queen in their prime. Laughable!
And Brian was never ever Freddies friend. THey were working partners not friends.

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 16:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

philip storey wrote:

Freddie actually only sat at the piano at the start of Somebody To Love and then moved around the stage putting as much emotion into the song as he could.Freddie did not like having to sit at the piano he loved to be able to move around the stage as much as possible.I am beginning to think that this site is beginning to become a place where instead of celebrating Queen is a place of hate and people just ranting and swearing at each other.This is not what this site was made for ,we should of course debate issuses but in a adult way.Some need to get all that hate out of their system in other ways,join a boxing club or something like that.Its the few who spoil things for the rest of us.

THen move your butt to Adamtopia - this is a Queen site. Queen ended in 1991. QAL is not Queen. Case closed

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 17:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SpaceGrey wrote:

Brilliant! You win the Internet for today!

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 17:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gen Z Music Fan wrote:

ruiner_70 wrote:

Great post mate!!!

philip storey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 711 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 17:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Runner I don't know who you think you are,you have just proved my point you are at best a bully,do you have any friends on this site ?Do you have any friends at all ?I think you are a sad person who needs help ,don't tell me what to do.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 18:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Most of the old QUeen fans hate QAL. THe diehards do not accept QAL. Look at the audiences. Most diehards do not care and dont post on forums. I do. thats the difference. SHow me ONE diehard who thinks QAL are on par with Queen in their prime. Laughable!
And Brian was never ever Freddies friend. THey were working partners not friends.

There's tons of what you class as die hard fans who go to the shows, there's plenty who post on facebook but you refuse to accept they can be Queen fans. Twitter is full of comments from fans who saw Queen live in the 70's/80's and are now going to these shows, you'd like to imagine they all think like you but the evidence is very much to the contrary.

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 18:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

ruiner_70 wrote:

There's tons of what you class as die hard fans who go to the shows, there's plenty who post on facebook but you refuse to accept they can be Queen fans. Twitter is full of comments from fans who saw Queen live in the 70's/80's and are now going to these shows, you'd like to imagine they all think like you but the evidence is very much to the contrary.

He just isn't going to accept it is he?

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 19:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

stevelondon20 wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

ruiner_70 wrote:

Glamberts are usually living in denial

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 19:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

stevelondon20 wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

ruiner_70 wrote:

I think with runner_70 no need to chat,, better ignore him.

Because the more discuss with him, the more he likes it

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 19:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

stevelondon20 wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

ruiner_70 wrote:

accept? what do you mean?

He accepts only what he wants

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 19:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

stevelondon20 wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

ruiner_70 wrote:

No he just ignores anything that doesn't play into his rhetoric, confirmation bias at it's finest.

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 19:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

stevelondon20 wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

ruiner_70 wrote:

Glamberts are usually living in denial

when is your next visit to a mental hospital?

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 19:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SpaceGrey wrote:

stevelondon20 wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

ruiner_70 wrote:

accept? what do you mean?

He accepts only what he wants

Accept that it's not just him with an opinion!

Young Music Fan

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 21:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Gen Z Music Fan wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

THe movie did QAL did not. But to what price? The BR movie goer now thinks the movie facts are real and Freddie is a dick. THats what those thought that saw the film with me and did not know anything about Queen history.

1. It's a movie not a documentary, what do you expect?

2. I've addressed that not everyone will like the movie or AL but I'm sure most agree that it's these things which have caused the huge increase in Queen's popularity.

3. Wow, I didn't know you knew Queen personally! It's incredible that you know this without making any assumptions to try to say how much you hate Brian. Because if you're guessing without having known or even met anyone in Queen, you must not be a fan of Queen and are a selfish, jealous, abnormal and disloyal person, and shouldn't be on this site.