Bohemian: 643 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 21:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3476 posts

Posted: 19 Jan 20, 21:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gen Z Music Fan wrote:

1. It's a movie not a documentary, what do you expect?

2. I've addressed that not everyone will like the movie or AL but I'm sure most agree that it's these things which have caused the huge increase in Queen's popularity.

3. Wow, I didn't know you knew Queen personally! It's incredible that you know this without making any assumptions to try to say how much you hate Brian. Because if you're guessing without having known or even met anyone in Queen, you must not be a fan of Queen and are a selfish, jealous, abnormal and disloyal person, and shouldn't be on this site.

1) I did not expect blatant lies and insulting of Freddie
2) True but for the price that they have become a laughing stock (QAL) and Queen history is rewritten (movie)
3) I dont hate him I just don't like him - never have. ALways been my least favourite member as he is a twofaced diva. His ego problem was always an issue and when I read his soapbox (ages ago= it was already clear to see that he has some huge personal problems

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2991 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 20, 08:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

philip storey wrote:

Freddie actually only sat at the piano at the start of Somebody To Love and then moved around the stage. . . . .

Actually you're wrong.

Freddie spent most of Somebody to Love sat at the piano. He would leave the Piano for the 3rd verse but return for the guitar solo and 3rd chorus. The only other time he left the piano during that song was for the fourth chorus and sing along section after which he returned to the piano again.

Posted: 20 Jan 20, 08:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

According to sweet caroline he performed the whole song with his fist pumped in the air.

Vocal harmony

Posted: 20 Jan 20, 08:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

philip storey wrote:

Freddie actually only sat at the piano at the start of Somebody To Love and then moved around the stage putting as much emotion into the song as he could.Freddie did not like having to sit at the piano he loved to be able to move around the stage as much as possible.I am beginning to think that this site is beginning to become a place where instead of celebrating Queen is a place of hate and people just ranting and swearing at each other.This is not what this site was made for ,we should of course debate issuses but in a adult way.Some need to get all that hate out of their system in other ways,join a boxing club or something like that.Its the few who spoil things for the rest of us.

THen move your butt to Adamtopia - this is a Queen site. Queen ended in 1991. QAL is not Queen. Case closed

Why don't you move your butt to I'm a mentally deficient numb nut.com

Vocal harmony

Posted: 20 Jan 20, 08:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Vocal harmony wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

and Adam is free to interpret their music how he feels it so of course his versions will be different than Freddie's as anyone's covering a song would be unless doing an exact copy.

So you basically agree that QAL is a cover/tribute band. FInally.....

You of course have missed out the fact that Freddie himself re interpreted some of his own and other band members songs live. It's something Queen often did.

All good singers have their own way of phrasing and delivering. . .

We understand it's beyond your understanding but make an effort.

New to me that Freddie went on a solo tour...idiot

Try reading what people actually post, instead of rushing to post an insult.

Here's the answer to what you posted in language you understand

I never said Freddie toured as a solo artist. . . . Idiot.

Gdp6100 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 8 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 20, 10:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Where on earth are the admin on here??

Can they not delete this absolute idiot and remove him from the forum? He adds nothing of value...just constantly posting on positive posts about Lambert turning the negative.

MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1453 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 20, 12:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lawmichele wrote:

At the risk of getting yelled at- I'm a relative newby who got into Queen after the movie made me realize what they were ( innovative, creative, talented writers and performers in multi- musical genres, 4 who together are/ were indeed greater than the whole etc). It made me a fan who hated herself for having been too busy with marriage and law school and motherhood and partnership and clients to be aware of them when they were truly them. Now, over a year later, via concerts, music videos, documentaries, interviews, membership in Queen groups and new friendships I have become a crazed Queen and Freddie fan and lover, and fully understand all of the fiction/ dramatic licenses found in the movie.
I attended one Queen/AL concert last year.
One was enough.
I loved the lights and much of the sound and Brian s guitar including the space theme additions etc
I didn't hate AL He has a great voice.
But it wasn't Queen as I had come to know it.

And what I REALLY hated was that AL changed the intent and meaning of what I consider some iconic Freddie songs.
Just one example: He took Somebody To Love which was written and sung by Freddie as an emotional plea for Love , and through leering, winking and dry humping changed it into a search for Somebody to F--k.

One other: he sat fanning himself while in spangles not singing about Killer Queen but ...being her.

Onstage , Freddie was fun and funny and emotional and strong and expressive and camp but never Las Vegas man. That image is just wrong for the music.

Also- from the perspective of someone fairly new at this but also of an age not far off from that of Brian and Roger- I don't think this is a cash grab. I think they sorely and emotionally miss the adulation and excitement of touring as Queen with Freddie. I don't think they need the money. I think they are both suffering from a late onset of a kind if mid life crisis. Being on stage with fans yelling in large groups- screaming fans at the Seoul airport last week- provides an adrenalin rush for two seniors who are trying to avoid any realization of how years literally sprint by as they age and want to travel back in a sort of time warp to a facsimile- but just that, a facsimile- of how things once were.

Excellent post

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 20 Jan 20, 13:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

Most of the old QUeen fans hate QAL. THe diehards do not accept QAL. Look at the audiences. Most diehards do not care and dont post on forums. I do. thats the difference. SHow me ONE diehard who thinks QAL are on par with Queen in their prime. Laughable!
And Brian was never ever Freddies friend. THey were working partners not friends.

There's tons of what you class as die hard fans who go to the shows, there's plenty who post on facebook but you refuse to accept they can be Queen fans. Twitter is full of comments from fans who saw Queen live in the 70's/80's and are now going to these shows, you'd like to imagine they all think like you but the evidence is very much to the contrary.

Every Lambert fan seems to refuse to accept that older Queen fans go to see Brian and Roger (not Lambert) performing.

Thus is why they don’t buy Adam’s music. For that, they use the excuse of his poor sales, by saying “he’s indie”

Hotdog
snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1463 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 20, 17:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That has not been the case at any of the 3 tours that I attended. I love to chat and the original Queen fans that I have spoken with at my three shows all said how much they loved Adam and were so happy that the music was brought back to life. I didn't meet anyone who said they were just there for Brian and Roger. Several did say they went originally to see them, but once they heard Adam and how well he works with them, they loved him and would go again. I have also met fans who were originally Queen fans at Adam's solo tours. I do think his music is quite different and there are not as many of those. But it is patently false to imply they only go to see the 2 originals and don't like Adam. I don't know where you are getting your info from, but read the tweets, posts, reviews of original Queen fans and they almost unanimously say how surprised they are that the concert is so wonderful and what an amazing vocalist Adam is. I think you are just reporting what you want to believe and it ain't so, Dude!

Posted: 20 Jan 20, 18:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

That has not been the case at any of the 3 tours that I attended. I love to chat and the original Queen fans that I have spoken with at my three shows all said how much they loved Adam and were so happy that the music was brought back to life. I didn't meet anyone who said they were just there for Brian and Roger. Several did say they went originally to see them, but once they heard Adam and how well he works with them, they loved him and would go again. I have also met fans who were originally Queen fans at Adam's solo tours. I do think his music is quite different and there are not as many of those. But it is patently false to imply they only go to see the 2 originals and don't like Adam. I don't know where you are getting your info from, but read the tweets, posts, reviews of original Queen fans and they almost unanimously say how surprised they are that the concert is so wonderful and what an amazing vocalist Adam is. I think you are just reporting what you want to believe and it ain't so, Dude!

Where do you know that these are diehard QUeen fans from the 70s or 80s??? Most of them hate them now. Every time a QAL story pops up on CLassicrock.com or blabbermouth.net they get flamed - especially Lamebird

Posted: 20 Jan 20, 18:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

Most of the old QUeen fans hate QAL. THe diehards do not accept QAL. Look at the audiences. Most diehards do not care and dont post on forums. I do. thats the difference. SHow me ONE diehard who thinks QAL are on par with Queen in their prime. Laughable!
And Brian was never ever Freddies friend. THey were working partners not friends.

There's tons of what you class as die hard fans who go to the shows, there's plenty who post on facebook but you refuse to accept they can be Queen fans. Twitter is full of comments from fans who saw Queen live in the 70's/80's and are now going to these shows, you'd like to imagine they all think like you but the evidence is very much to the contrary.

Every Lambert fan seems to refuse to accept that older Queen fans go to see Brian and Roger (not Lambert) performing.

Thus is why they don’t buy Adam’s music. For that, they use the excuse of his poor sales, by saying “he’s indie”

That is the different between a proper music/Rock man and a Glambert. We cann easily say that there are crap records or that some had a shitty night. For Glamtarts their idol is flawless, he is shitting gold and it is smelling like roses.

The completely live in denial and are delusional. His solo career tanked and he is a twat. FACT

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1463 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 20, 22:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I go to unbiased sources like ticket master reviews where I read a lot of things from folks who weren't prepared to be wowed. You bring up sources as if they were from the Holy Bible or something, places where people like you don't like change. Just so you know, Adam really hasn't had any off nights and you can take that remark to the bank. He is nothing but consistent. Can't find fault with that amazing show is there is none to find. Some of us are easier pleased than you. I don't think you like anything but maybe it is just Adam. Regardless I know what I know and QAL is hugely popular around the world and most of the people are growing very fond of Adam and his performance with the band. Just give it up and go chill in some dark closet which is where I assume you spend most of your time anyway.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5130 posts

Posted: 20 Jan 20, 23:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

Him being indie is the latest. Someone used to shout that it was because of homophobia why his music wasn't played, being sold. I'd actually believe the indie part, many people had troubles getting the merchandise even. I don't know if that's been sorted out, but Empire has dropped the ball regarding merchandise in the first couple of months.

Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 02:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I go to unbiased sources like ticket master reviews where I read a lot of things from folks who weren't prepared to be wowed. You bring up sources as if they were from the Holy Bible or something, places where people like you don't like change. Just so you know, Adam really hasn't had any off nights and you can take that remark to the bank. He is nothing but consistent. Can't find fault with that amazing show is there is none to find. Some of us are easier pleased than you. I don't think you like anything but maybe it is just Adam. Regardless I know what I know and QAL is hugely popular around the world and most of the people are growing very fond of Adam and his performance with the band. Just give it up and go chill in some dark closet which is where I assume you spend most of your time anyway.

People posting reviews are usually fans who like Queen, and maybe have a Greatest Hits album, but aren’t people that are like, “OMG! Queen is my favorite band, I’m obsessed!”

Hotdog
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 02:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

MisterCosmicc wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

Him being indie is the latest. Someone used to shout that it was because of homophobia why his music wasn't played, being sold. I'd actually believe the indie part, many people had troubles getting the merchandise even. I don't know if that's been sorted out, but Empire has dropped the ball regarding merchandise in the first couple of months.

Indie doesn’t mean poor sales.

Adam promoted his album hard and heavy. Millions and millions and millions saw that he had the EP out.

Hotdog
Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5130 posts

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 04:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

MisterCosmicc wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

Adam promoted his album hard and heavy. Millions and millions and millions saw that he had the EP out.

Millions and millions? I think it was just his fans who cared and tried to push the numbers and spins. I even cared for Feel Something, but Coming In Hot and New Eyes was and is far from his his best work. Superpower was a bit better, but Feel Something was his strongest song.
All my opinion of course.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 06:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Millions and millions? I think it was just his fans who cared and tried to push the numbers and spins. I even cared for Feel Something, but Coming In Hot and New Eyes was and is far from his his best work. Superpower was a bit better, but Feel Something was his strongest song.

Have you listened to the actual EP? Coming in Hot and New Eyes aren't on it, there's better songs than those and I wouldn't rate Superpower as the best on the album even though that's the one he put out as a single, I like the EP and love Feel Something, the other two songs not so much.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 06:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

People posting reviews are usually fans who like Queen, and maybe have a Greatest Hits album, but aren’t people that are like, “OMG! Queen is my favorite band, I’m obsessed!”

Not true, they might be the one's posting on ticketmaster I wouldn't know but there's lots of die hard fans, one's who saw Queen multiple times in the 70's/80's who love these shows and rave about Adam posting on insta, twitter and even facebook. You may prefer to think they aren't interested but that's definitely not the case.

Bicycle
MisterCosmicc

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 06:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

MisterCosmicc wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

MisterCosmicc wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

Yes, millions and millions are subscribed to him. They saw the shit. His American Idol fans grew out of him. He's down to a D rated fanbase LOL. Most of his likes on his posts come from trolls.

Supah-Powah was good at the beginning, then the chorus turned that into a pile of dog shit.

Adam should ditch the rap producers, and get into the pop/rock mode... he'll never last with the shit producers and shit song writers he hires... he's already failed. He NEEDS a BAND.

Hotdog