Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Maylor are not money hungry???

forum rss feed
Author

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3476 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 21:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

On a daily basis you get:

Coins

Watches in Red SPecial Designs

Pop up shops

you name it

You rarely see Roger but May comes across as more of a salesman advertising for shitty products while his fansheep buy his overpriced crap products. The Queen FB site looks like a Homeshopping site not like a music site. Well - musically they haven't anything new or exciting to offer, archive releases are off the table so they sell subpar products for ridiculous prices. Who on earth is buying this shit?

Oh how the mighty have fallen

stevelondon20 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2044 posts

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 22:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

2 mighty rock stars with big pockets to fill!!!!

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 22:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But c'mon it is really getting ridiculous now don't you think???

philip storey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 711 posts

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 23:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I must admit it is a joke at the sort of crap they are selling at the moment Brian and Roger will do anything to make money.However ask about a "Live Killers Box Set" and its a different story ,"we don't have the time ,they cry".No and why is that because they are touring their Greatest Hits with that in my opinion joke of a singer.It's about time people on this site actually manned up a bit.Adam Lambert is not in the top 1000 rock singers.Freddie Mercury is the greatest showman and rock singer of all time,number 1.Freddie made Queen,Smile were going nowhere until Freddie came along and he turned them into something amazing.Another thing I want to get off my chest is the film,it made Roger and Brian look like saints,it put Freddie as the bad guy.The bit where RT and BM left Freddie's party saying its not our scene is a joke,they liked a good drug ,alcohol bash just as much as Freddie did.The crowning glory was when Brian,John and Roger let Freddie rejoin the band!! What were the three of them going to do ,give Paul Rodgers a ring to see if he was available.John was right in what he did and I respect him for that ,I am afraid we are left with a bloody shambles.I have said my bit,no doubt all the AL fans will say how great he is and its what Freddie would have wanted,i am afraid you are wrong.Queen died on that awful day when Freddie Mercury passed away.

Young Music Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com
Young Music Fan
Bohemian: 643 posts

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 23:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I rarely buy any of the branded products - I've got the cheapest coin because I think it's actually quite good. But the thing you have to remember is that there are Queen fans who love collecting merchandise, just because you're not one doesn't mean you have to ruin it others.

It's the same with AL, not everyone likes him (and I see that) but that doesn't mean you have to spoil it for those who enjoy seeing him live. Think about it, if Q+AL weren't popular then they wouldn't be doing such a huge tour all over the world - if your dislikes from the past few years haven't stopped or changed anything they're doing now then you may as well shut up about it. I'm sure we all know on here which ones despise, which ones love and which ones don't have an issue with AL. What is the blooding point of going on and on about it?

k-m user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 696 posts

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 23:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

philip storey wrote:

I must admit it is a joke at the sort of crap they are selling at the moment Brian and Roger will do anything to make money.However ask about a "Live Killers Box Set" and its a different story ,"we don't have the time ,they cry".No and why is that because they are touring their Greatest Hits with that in my opinion joke of a singer.It's about time people on this site actually manned up a bit.Adam Lambert is not in the top 1000 rock singers.Freddie Mercury is the greatest showman and rock singer of all time,number 1.Freddie made Queen,Smile were going nowhere until Freddie came along and he turned them into something amazing.Another thing I want to get off my chest is the film,it made Roger and Brian look like saints,it put Freddie as the bad guy.The bit where RT and BM left Freddie's party saying its not our scene is a joke,they liked a good drug ,alcohol bash just as much as Freddie did.The crowning glory was when Brian,John and Roger let Freddie rejoin the band!! What were the three of them going to do ,give Paul Rodgers a ring to see if he was available.John was right in what he did and I respect him for that ,I am afraid we are left with a bloody shambles.I have said my bit,no doubt all the AL fans will say how great he is and its what Freddie would have wanted,i am afraid you are wrong.Queen died on that awful day when Freddie Mercury passed away.

I think you overestimate the power of Adam Lambert. Trust me, the general public doesn't really care who's behind the mike now, as long as it's not someone completely unbearable. They just come to the show, think it was great fun and that's it. It's not like they immediately put his poster on the wall. There's a huge psychological barrier to cross and all these projects like QAL, The Doors of the 21st Century or post-Hutchence INXS simply don't cut it. It doesn't affect their legacy. There's a bigger chance the film made a certain impact in that regard and I suspect some did in fact walk out from the theatre thinking that Freddie was a proper arsehole, but I think it's also too few to rewrite history and change the public perception. And don't worry, Roger came across like a proper idiot too, slightly homophobic, kettle-throwing clown. But you know, the film needed a few jokes, they just happened to be at his expense ;-)

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 23:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iam not interested if the general public like the show or not ,the fan's who were there at the beginning,do not like it and don't go.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 00:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

philip storey wrote:

Iam not interested if the general public like the show or not ,the fan's who were there at the beginning,do not like it and don't go.

What BS, there's plenty fans who were there at the beginning who go to their shows, you're in cuckoo land if you think otherwise. Don't like it fine just leave the rest of us who do to enjoy it, like Gen Z music fan said they're still touring seven years later and all the whining by a few fans hasn't and won't change it.

PrimeJiveUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 713 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 02:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL...EVERY "legacy" band is doing this kind of stuff.

Bands don't make money off of their recordings anymore.

This is the only way they make money anymore.

Sad but true.

Makka user not visiting Queenzone.com
Makka
Bohemian: 629 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 02:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You do realise these are things they would be approached to do, not something they would instigate? They are in a lucky position to be offered these things. Bands don't make money from music anymore, they make it from touring and from merch so it's another outlet to make money whilst they can. And to be honest, if I was in their shoes I'd be running with the money too. They were part of the musics creation so why not?

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 06:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

philip storey wrote:

Best QZ Posting of all time

Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Royalty: 1363 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 07:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They indeed ‘smelled’ the coins with the WWRY musical and Bo Rhap movie and trying to milk these projects ALAP .

You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!
Cruella de Vil user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cruella de Vil
Bohemian: 452 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 07:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

On this and similar points, sadly, I have to agree. What valid connection does Brian have to any sport bar a jaunt in the country with a badger or fox, or perhaps cold plunge pool endurance marathons! Bollocks to this one.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2430 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 07:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Makka wrote:

You do realise these are things they would be approached to do, not something they would instigate? They are in a lucky position to be offered these things. Bands don't make money from music anymore, they make it from touring and from merch so it's another outlet to make money whilst they can. And to be honest, if I was in their shoes I'd be running with the money too. They were part of the musics creation so why not?

Exactly, it's not like you can go to the royal mint and say hey I want you to put me on one of your coins, some people have a very strange way of looking at things.

Dim user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 288 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 08:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't want to be devil's advocate but record companies are making money from concerts, ridiculously shit products, compilations albums you name it. The artists have been paid in advance and give their approve to whatever....
I remember when the Roger's Lot came out, he said that he didn't have the box arrived to himself by the company, forgot to mention the Air extra cds with the interviews where also Roger said that was record company decision.
Queen production have been compromised - sold to capitalism haha.

oligneisti user not visiting Queenzone.com
oligneisti
Bohemian: 226 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 08:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am a bit ashamed to say I ordered the Royal Mint coin. I also remember the dry spell when you couldn't get any Queen merch. But fuck the Monopoly cause Monopoly sucks.

master marathon runner user not visiting Queenzone.com
master marathon runner
Royalty: 1531 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 08:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Spot on Philip Storey !!!

Master Marathon Runner

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 11:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cheers MMRunner ,its about time these deluded Q&AL fan's were told the truth.I remember being a 11year old boy ,playing Queen 1 non stop and being so proud to being a Queen fan.When I was old enough I remember going to the NEC and seeing them live ,god it was the most awesome thing I had ever seen.10,000 fans standing which was a record at the time for a standing indoor concert.My friends all know that I am a Queen fan and often ask who is the singer when I mention AL they look blank and ask who he is.There is so much Brian and Roger could have done after Freddie's passing,working on the music they had already made,giving us a album with the two of them doing it under their own names,not a Queen album.Solo work,albums,small tours but not using the Queen name.Some great Box sets and of course the Anthology which we would all like if it was done well.I fear that things are not going to change as Maylor are money mad and blindly think that AL is fantastic,the Queen legacy is being dragged through the gutter and it hurts like hell.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5922 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 13:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/music-legends/queen/?gclid=CjwKCAiAgqDxBRBTEiwA59eENzKDZnQ-4TO7iQTJ_8u4TQaweK2oJC7shd7YCwvAFNFgSw4Yya3nMhoCGvsQAvD_BwE

They look quite tasty but not at £13 a pop.
Must admit, a few years ago as an investment I bought about 25 of those Royal Mail Freddie (and Roger) postage stamps and they didn't increase much in value, so now they just sit there, mocking me :)

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1463 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 14:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How is this different from any other band that does exactly the same thing? CD's bring much less revenue to the artist than years ago.. I have seen figures in general, not specifically Queen, and they pay peanuts. Tours have lots of outgoing costs. The cost of sending all that equipment around the world (close to 20 huge vans full?) must be staggering. Welcome to the 21st century people! I am sure none of you give away your work for nothing. I also don't think Brian and Roger sit up at night and consider what they could be selling to poor diehard Queen fans to cheat them of their money.. I am sure there are offers from other businesses and demands from fans. I personally don't buy it, but the merch lines are huge at the concerts. Fans expect those things even if all you" pure as the driven snow" guys don't think that way. Roger and Brian work hard and if they can still earn quite a bit, more power to them! No one says you have to buy those overpriced tickets and/or merchandise, but many, many fans do!