Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Freddies Statue Vandalized In Montreux

forum rss feed
Author

philip storey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 711 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 20, 13:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It seems unbelievable but some idiots have splashed blue paint on Freddie's statue in Montreux.What a terrible thing to do to the great man.I can't think why somebody would do that sort of thing.

MrFunster user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 620 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 20, 13:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What a disgrace

MrFunster user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 620 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 20, 13:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A oh, in this forum I have to say : what a fuckin idiots .....

Thistle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4058 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 20, 14:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Punishable by hanging, I reckon. Or firing squad. Really disgusting that someone would do this - but it's not the first time and it won't be the last. The world is full of mindless idiots.

flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1565 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 20, 15:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Off with their heads or at least a punch to the throat, dear me.. yobs.


oo la la
stevelondon20 user is on Queenzone.com

Deity: 2050 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 20, 18:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What kind of sick cunt would do that? Unbelievable.

SpaceGrey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 284 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 20, 19:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well I think Homophobes could done this.

Mr Bump user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 20, 20:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Punishable by hanging, I reckon. Or firing squad."

Seems a bit over the top. I mean, there's a perfectly good lake right there.

A lump of concrete and a length of rope - job done. No mess, no fuss.

Man from Zanzibar user not visiting Queenzone.com
Man from Zanzibar
Champion: 86 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 20, 02:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fucking wankers, fighting with dead people.

Dougie 4 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 194 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 20, 03:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Absolutely shameful

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 9601 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 20, 10:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Source?


We love you Mandy!
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8954 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 20, 10:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Man from Zanzibar wrote:Fucking wankers, fighting with dead people.

Mr Bump wrote:Seems a bit over the top. I mean, there's a perfectly good lake right there.
A lump of concrete and a length of rope - job done. No mess, no fuss.

SpaceGrey wrote:Well I think Homophobes could done this.


Can't believe the out-pouring of anger for something that happened six months ago! This appears to be from July 2019 - and was cleaned up the next morning. A simple google found this: https://metalheadzone.com/queen-legend-freddie-mercurys-statute-vandalised-badly/
There are no 2020 links - so this does not appear to be "news".

Not the first time either, statue as covered in green phosphorescent paint back in 2017.

FWIW - it's not the hanging offence some (here) have claimed. This kind of thing frequently happens to statues of public figures. Vandals, drunks, pranksters, or protesters tend to be the usual culprits - but it's not harming any legacy, as such.

The last comment (quoted above) is a hell of a leap to make. Yes just as easily anyone else "could done" [sic]. Get off your precarious soapbox.





go deo na hÉireann
philip storey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 711 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 20, 11:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would love to go to visit Montreux and see Freddie's statue and look out across the lake,it must be beautiful.Unfortunatley I am not well enough to travel and don't have the money.One day,one day.

stevelondon20 user is on Queenzone.com

Deity: 2050 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 20, 11:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

brENsKi wrote:

Man from Zanzibar wrote:Fucking wankers, fighting with dead people.

Mr Bump wrote:Seems a bit over the top. I mean, there's a perfectly good lake right there.
A lump of concrete and a length of rope - job done. No mess, no fuss.

SpaceGrey wrote:Well I think Homophobes could done this.


Can't believe the out-pouring of anger for something that happened six months ago! This appears to be from July 2019 - and was cleaned up the next morning. A simple google found this: https://metalheadzone.com/queen-legend-freddie-mercurys-statute-vandalised-badly/
There are no 2020 links - so this does not appear to be "news".

Not the first time either, statue as covered in green phosphorescent paint back in 2017.

FWIW - it's not the hanging offence some (here) have claimed. This kind of thing frequently happens to statues of public figures. Vandals, drunks, pranksters, or protesters tend to be the usual culprits - but it's not harming any legacy, as such.

The last comment (quoted above) is a hell of a leap to make. Yes just as easily anyone else "could done" [sic]. Get off your precarious soapbox.




I couldn't find any links online at all regarding it too mate other than the aforementioned ones from 2017 and 2019. I presume that someone had seen it first hand.


SpaceGrey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 284 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 20, 13:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

brENsKi wrote:

Man from Zanzibar wrote:Fucking wankers, fighting with dead people.

Mr Bump wrote:Seems a bit over the top. I mean, there's a perfectly good lake right there.
A lump of concrete and a length of rope - job done. No mess, no fuss.

SpaceGrey wrote:Well I think Homophobes could done this.


Can't believe the out-pouring of anger for something that happened six months ago! This appears to be from July 2019 - and was cleaned up the next morning. A simple google found this: https://metalheadzone.com/queen-legend-freddie-mercurys-statute-vandalised-badly/
There are no 2020 links - so this does not appear to be "news".

Not the first time either, statue as covered in green phosphorescent paint back in 2017.

FWIW - it's not the hanging offence some (here) have claimed. This kind of thing frequently happens to statues of public figures. Vandals, drunks, pranksters, or protesters tend to be the usual culprits - but it's not harming any legacy, as such.

The last comment (quoted above) is a hell of a leap to make. Yes just as easily anyone else "could done" [sic]. Get off your precarious soapbox.






Why are you so angry? I understand that desecrating the monument to your hero causes you nothing but anger, but you do not need to attack commentators. We are also upset and angry.

MercurialFreddie user not visiting Queenzone.com
old fashioned dandy
MercurialFreddie
Royalty: 1088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 20, 13:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was there Philipp, the view is amazing and what was interesting for me to discover that I had been dreaming of visiting the place and seeing the statue for my very own eyes and when I actually did it, it did not move me.

Yes, the statue is the object of adoration but what moved me was the fact that my view was graced by the same landscape that graced Freddie Mercury in the 80's and 90's when he was looking at the lake. This is the connection that really left a mark and I recommend every Queen fan to go there and experience this.

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8954 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 20, 13:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SpaceGrey wrote:Why are you so angry? I understand that desecrating the monument to your hero causes you nothing but anger, but you do not need to attack commentators. We are also upset and angry.


i'm not angry. the thread is angry - it's 75% full of ill-measured angered responses...to something that happened 6 months ago???

you made the leap to "homophobes" - without any evidence at all. not exactly a balanced or adult response of yours, it it?


go deo na hÉireann
Mr Bump user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 20, 15:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FWIW, I'm not angry either.

My post was not intended to be taken seriously, i.e. someone made an over-the-top comment (hanging/firing squad) and I responded with an equally ridiculous comment - in the style of Monty Python's Four Yorkshiremen.

Instead, if I had said:- "The perpetrator(s) should be put in a space cannon and fired at the sun" - would this have made it clearer?

Somebody once said that irony doesn't work on the internet. Maybe they were right.

Thistle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4058 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 20, 15:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I personally think the perpetrators should meet The Iron Sheik. He'd break their backs and make them humble, those son of a bitch, motherfucking assholes.

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8954 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 20, 15:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr Bump wrote:FWIW, I'm not angry either.
My post was not intended to be taken seriously, i.e. someone made an over-the-top comment (hanging/firing squad) and I responded with an equally ridiculous comment - in the style of Monty Python's Four Yorkshiremen.


And you try telling the young folk of today that...and they won't believe you.



go deo na hÉireann