Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > The real reason Queen is touring with Lambert.

forum rss feed
Author

Freddie Jupiter user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 273 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Mar 20, 23:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The real reason queen is touring with lambert is not because they need the money, or because they love playing, or because Lambert is God's gift to humanity and a better vocalist that Freddie. No, the reason they are touring is to allow Brian to continue to propagate the myth that he was the true mastermind of queens success and he wants to show that they can just as big and just as successful without Freddie -- that Freddie is just a footnote in the long history of Queen. A bit important, but no more important than Adam.

That's the sad truth.

flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1576 posts

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 03:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Probably that could be the reason for the Live Aid set Australia (just my opinion folks) if true Brian truly is deluded and out of touch . Brian's ego has gone through the roof since Freddie passed away.

oo la la

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 03:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sadly Brian is mentally very unwell these days. He's always struggled with his mental demons but it definitely does seem to have intensified in old age. I hope he sorts it out and gets better.

*goodco* user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1383 posts

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 03:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And so, Boy Genious, what is your excuse for your obsessive behavior?

"Discretionary posting is the better part of valor." Falstaff

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 03:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't have any excuses. I just feel like discussing this issue with other people. Plus I have more time on my hands due to the insanity going on around me.

miraclesteinway user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 570 posts

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 04:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think this is bullshit. The reason they're touring is because they want to and because there is demand. If it was about Queen being successful without Freddie, there would have been three decades of new music..... and there hasn't been. Only one album that didn't work out well.

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 05:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They tried to make new music; and it turned out positively mediocre. If they could make amazing new music they would, but they can't. Brian's only weapons are touring with crapbert, the queen movie, and insinuations about how crapbert is better than Freddie. That's all he's got.

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 9396 posts

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 06:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dbl post

go deo na hÉireann
brENsKi

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 06:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie Jupiter wrote:They tried to make new music; and it turned out positively mediocre. If they could make amazing new music they would, but they can't. Brian's only weapons are touring with crapbert, the queen movie, and insinuations about how crapbert is better than Freddie. That's all he's got.

you still don't get it, do you? no one makes money out of new music these days.
in the 70/80s bands toured to promote LP sales. these days, the only money made is from touring, movies and tv and advertising placement.

even if they wanted to make new music, there's little inclination/motivation toward doing so. in the modern climate, you'll find most of the bands still recording regularly will be the late 90s/millennium bands, who may have only recorded a handful of LPs so far - there's still "stuff they want to say" - and they can use it to promote their tours.

lots 70/80s major bands have been touring on and off for the last decade or so - and hardly any have produced any new music...they'll release live albums, sure.

stones, who, eagles, aerosmith, kiss, whitesnake, skynyrd, leppard etc have been touring during the last 20 years - how many actual albums have been released?

2004 - aerosmith - honkin'
2006 - who - endless wire
2007 - eagles - road out of eden
2008 - leppard - sparkle lounge
2009 - skynyrd - god and guns
2011 - whitesnake - forevermore
2012 - kiss - monster
2012 - aersmith - another dimension
2016 - stones - blue and lonesome
2019 - whitesnake - flesh and blood
2019 - who - who

you can shape your argument anyway you like, but the truth is that any band around as long as queen, is doing very little in the way of new original recording. there just isn't a reason to do so.

go deo na hÉireann

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 07:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who said anything about money? Also what are you talking about? I honestly don't know.

05.09.46 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bohemian: 153 posts

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 14:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Its all about been constructive and Brian cannot be arsed to be constructive anymore so he tours!
To be honest Freddie and John wrote the most commercial songs in Queen and Brian today has lost the song writing ability .
What in your opinion was the last decent song Brian wrote for Queen ?

brENsKi

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 15:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie Jupiter wrote:Who said anything about money? Also what are you talking about? I honestly don't know.

ok, stop and think. you "honestly don't know" because you ignore any argument that refutes/dismisses your claims..
why do musicans perform? - for money. it's a job.
in the 60/70s and most of the 80s, recorded music made money. these days it doesn't - so there is no incentive to sit down in writing sessions for weeks on end.

on the other hand, there's plenty to be made out of touring.

so if he still enjoys playing music, then touring is a better fit - as proven by the list of bands above. in the same period Queen produced 1 LP.

also, somewhere along the line Brian and Roger have BOTH contributed to in excess of 250 songs. that's almost an LP's worth every two years, so if they don't want to continue to do so - it's their choice. let it rest.

no one tells you what to do, do they? give it a rest.

go deo na hÉireann
brENsKi

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 15:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Enigma wrote:To be honest Freddie and John wrote the most commercial songs in Queen and Brian today has lost the song writing ability .

i tend to disagree. on a worldwide scale:
Freddie wrote TWO of the most commercial songs - WATC and Bo Rhap
John wrote one of the most commercial songs - AOBTD.

Roger had a much bigger slice of commercial success:
Radio Ga Ga
AKOM - huge film hit
One Vision - another film hit
Innuendo
These Are The Days
Heavan For Everyone

go deo na hÉireann
05.09.46 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bohemian: 153 posts

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 17:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Surely "One Vision" was written by all members?
John had "Your My Best Friend" & "Another One Bites The Dust" and Freddie wrote a bundle of massive songs :

Killer Queen
Seven Seas Of Rhye
Bohemian Rhapsody
Somebody To Love
We Are The Champions
Bicycle Race
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Play The Game
Its A Hard Life

Freddie's song writing out did other members in Queen easily and he was without doubt the bands hit maker.

RS_Protos user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 249 posts

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 18:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't care what they do now and if they are not creative anymore, I care that they are not releasing more old material and we all know there's plenty.

They are making plenty of money with concerts etc, so why not release more old material, that's what I don't understand, is it BM controlling this or record companies......

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 21402 posts

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 19:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

RS_Protos wrote:

why not release more old material, that's what I don't understand, is it BM controlling this or record companies......

It's a case by case basis, but typically it's the record companies who call the shots.

Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.

http://www.queenlive.ca
Pokemaniacjunk user not visiting Queenzone.com
Pokemaniacjunk
Bohemian: 126 posts

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 19:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

if they can be as big and successful without Freddie then why are they still playing Freddie's songs?

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 21:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They can't be as successful without Freddie. But that doesn't stop Brian trying to create the perception that they can. Also if they didn't play Freddie's sings it would be positively weird, wouldn't it?

Plus Brian also wants to create the perception that his input was significant, even on Freddie's songs. Remember that cringeworthy moment in the movie when they are recording bohemian rhapsody and Freddie says about Brian's solo "play it like you wrote it", to which Brian responds " I did, I wrote that part", as if to pound it into people that he co-composed one of the greatest hits of al time. In reality the song was entirely composed by Freddie and Brian did a few guitar overdubs here and there and a guitar solo. And even that was probably dome with a lot of input from Freddie.

brENsKi

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 22:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Enigma wrote:

Surely "One Vision" was written by all members?
John had "Your My Best Friend" & "Another One Bites The Dust" and Freddie wrote a bundle of massive songs :

Killer Queen
Seven Seas Of Rhye
Bohemian Rhapsody
Somebody To Love
We Are The Champions
Bicycle Race
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Play The Game
Its A Hard Life

Freddie's song writing out did other members in Queen easily and he was without doubt the bands hit maker.

No. One Vision was Roger's song - that others (Freddie with lyrics) helped with. Go back and listen to Magic Years - Roger even says (jokingly) "that rotter Freddie, change my lyrics"
Freddie wrote lots of early UK (and european/japan) hits, but not worldwide. Even his epic Bo Rhap was not a US no1 first time around.
Like I said, Roger probably wrote as many worldwide hits as Freddie.

Radio Ga Ga / AKOM / One Vision / Innuendo / These Are The Days / Heaven For Everyone - huge worldwide 80/90s hits.

no matter who you choose to "remember it" Roger did the heavy lifting in the 80s, with John helping out. Brian wrote a bit too, Freddie was more or less disinterested in creating music - until he found out he was dying...then he decided to leave some more stuff to be remembered by.

go deo na hÉireann

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 22:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wouldn't be surprised if Freddie changed lyrics and compositions on a lot of songs that were originally conceived as concepts by the other three.

For example Freddie says somewhere that Roger came up with the ideas for AKOM and then pissed off somewhere and it was Freddie who arranged it into that poppy radio friendly tune, which actually ended up very different from the way Roger had initially conceived it.