Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > The real reason Queen is touring with Lambert.

forum rss feed
Author

flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1582 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 03:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Probably that could be the reason for the Live Aid set Australia (just my opinion folks) if true Brian truly is deluded and out of touch . Brian's ego has gone through the roof since Freddie passed away.


oo la la
*goodco* user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1402 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 03:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And so, Boy Genious, what is your excuse for your obsessive behavior?


"Discretionary posting is the better part of valor." Falstaff
miraclesteinway user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 616 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 04:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think this is bullshit. The reason they're touring is because they want to and because there is demand. If it was about Queen being successful without Freddie, there would have been three decades of new music..... and there hasn't been. Only one album that didn't work out well.

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 9755 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 06:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dbl post




go deo na hÉireann

The best QZ epoch: BG17-00 (Before Gerry 1996-2013)

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 9755 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 06:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie Jupiter wrote:They tried to make new music; and it turned out positively mediocre. If they could make amazing new music they would, but they can't. Brian's only weapons are touring with crapbert, the queen movie, and insinuations about how crapbert is better than Freddie. That's all he's got.


you still don't get it, do you? no one makes money out of new music these days.
in the 70/80s bands toured to promote LP sales. these days, the only money made is from touring, movies and tv and advertising placement.

even if they wanted to make new music, there's little inclination/motivation toward doing so. in the modern climate, you'll find most of the bands still recording regularly will be the late 90s/millennium bands, who may have only recorded a handful of LPs so far - there's still "stuff they want to say" - and they can use it to promote their tours.

lots 70/80s major bands have been touring on and off for the last decade or so - and hardly any have produced any new music...they'll release live albums, sure.

stones, who, eagles, aerosmith, kiss, whitesnake, skynyrd, leppard etc have been touring during the last 20 years - how many actual albums have been released?


2004 - aerosmith - honkin'
2006 - who - endless wire
2007 - eagles - road out of eden
2008 - leppard - sparkle lounge
2009 - skynyrd - god and guns
2011 - whitesnake - forevermore
2012 - kiss - monster
2012 - aersmith - another dimension
2016 - stones - blue and lonesome
2019 - whitesnake - flesh and blood
2019 - who - who

you can shape your argument anyway you like, but the truth is that any band around as long as queen, is doing very little in the way of new original recording. there just isn't a reason to do so.


go deo na hÉireann

The best QZ epoch: BG17-00 (Before Gerry 1996-2013)

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 9755 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 15:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie Jupiter wrote:Who said anything about money? Also what are you talking about? I honestly don't know.


ok, stop and think. you "honestly don't know" because you ignore any argument that refutes/dismisses your claims..
why do musicans perform? - for money. it's a job.
in the 60/70s and most of the 80s, recorded music made money. these days it doesn't - so there is no incentive to sit down in writing sessions for weeks on end.

on the other hand, there's plenty to be made out of touring.

so if he still enjoys playing music, then touring is a better fit - as proven by the list of bands above. in the same period Queen produced 1 LP.

also, somewhere along the line Brian and Roger have BOTH contributed to in excess of 250 songs. that's almost an LP's worth every two years, so if they don't want to continue to do so - it's their choice. let it rest.

no one tells you what to do, do they? give it a rest.






go deo na hÉireann

The best QZ epoch: BG17-00 (Before Gerry 1996-2013)

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 9755 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 15:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Enigma wrote:To be honest Freddie and John wrote the most commercial songs in Queen and Brian today has lost the song writing ability .


i tend to disagree. on a worldwide scale:
Freddie wrote TWO of the most commercial songs - WATC and Bo Rhap
John wrote one of the most commercial songs - AOBTD.

Roger had a much bigger slice of commercial success:
Radio Ga Ga
AKOM - huge film hit
One Vision - another film hit
Innuendo
These Are The Days
Heavan For Everyone





go deo na hÉireann

The best QZ epoch: BG17-00 (Before Gerry 1996-2013)

RS_Protos user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 18:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't care what they do now and if they are not creative anymore, I care that they are not releasing more old material and we all know there's plenty.

They are making plenty of money with concerts etc, so why not release more old material, that's what I don't understand, is it BM controlling this or record companies......

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 21555 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 19:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

RS_Protos wrote:

why not release more old material, that's what I don't understand, is it BM controlling this or record companies......


It's a case by case basis, but typically it's the record companies who call the shots.



Queenzone is overrun with trolls and circling the drain - join us here instead:

http://queenforum.net
Pokemaniacjunk user not visiting Queenzone.com
Pokemaniacjunk
Bohemian: 128 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 19:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

if they can be as big and successful without Freddie then why are they still playing Freddie's songs?

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 9755 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 22:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Enigma wrote:

Surely "One Vision" was written by all members?
John had "Your My Best Friend" & "Another One Bites The Dust" and Freddie wrote a bundle of massive songs :

Killer Queen
Seven Seas Of Rhye
Bohemian Rhapsody
Somebody To Love
We Are The Champions
Bicycle Race
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Play The Game
Its A Hard Life

Freddie's song writing out did other members in Queen easily and he was without doubt the bands hit maker.


No. One Vision was Roger's song - that others (Freddie with lyrics) helped with. Go back and listen to Magic Years - Roger even says (jokingly) "that rotter Freddie, change my lyrics"
Freddie wrote lots of early UK (and european/japan) hits, but not worldwide. Even his epic Bo Rhap was not a US no1 first time around.
Like I said, Roger probably wrote as many worldwide hits as Freddie.

Radio Ga Ga / AKOM / One Vision / Innuendo / These Are The Days / Heaven For Everyone - huge worldwide 80/90s hits.

no matter who you choose to "remember it" Roger did the heavy lifting in the 80s, with John helping out. Brian wrote a bit too, Freddie was more or less disinterested in creating music - until he found out he was dying...then he decided to leave some more stuff to be remembered by.



go deo na hÉireann

The best QZ epoch: BG17-00 (Before Gerry 1996-2013)

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 9755 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 22:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie Jupiter wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Freddie changed lyrics and compositions on a lot of songs that were originally conceived as concepts by the other three.

For example Freddie says somewhere that Roger came up with the ideas for AKOM and then pissed off somewhere and it was Freddie who arranged it into that poppy radio friendly tune, which actually ended up very different from the way Roger had initially conceived it.


and no one changed any of his songs? ridiculous. it was a four-man team with equal say on everything. but it doesn't remove the fact of who actually wrote which songs and whose ideas they were. Freddie of most of the 80s - was suffering a self-induced writer's block...mainly brought on by drinking, coke abuse and spending all his energy on shagging everything that moved.
yep, Freddie's masterpieces of that period? KPTOW, MOTP and a solos LP - almost half of which is utterly forgettable.

poor argument. because on that basis, Brian should have a co-write for Bo Rhap and KQ. After all, he did compose those incredible guitar solos.




go deo na hÉireann

The best QZ epoch: BG17-00 (Before Gerry 1996-2013)

Nathan H user not visiting Queenzone.com
Nathan H
Bohemian: 759 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 22:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If Queen were doing this for the money then how come they didn't tour with someone else immediately after John's retirement and before their involvement with Paul Rodgers - they did plenty of WWRY performances and sang with other singers. They obviously didn't want to tour even though they could've. Also, Q+PR ended when it was still successful in Europe - they could've done more tours with PR but they chose not to. If they were really doing it for the money then they would've put aside their differences and continue playing.

Queen didn't do a prope full-length tour with Adam Lambert until 2014 - five years after their first performance together at American Idol. If they really wanted money then they would've got AL to do a tour with them sooner but they let him do his solo stuff first.

Brian is often telling the truth with his input, some here just don't like the idea of the idea of the other members of Queen getting any glory. At the end of the day, Queen were a group and it seems that supposedly fans of Queen (some on here seem to purely be Freddie fans) hate the idea of all four members helping each other on their songs. Freddie would've
left Queen if he didn't like his band mates suggesting and helping him write songs. Also, in some interviews Brian has said he wrote the guitar solo for Boehmian Rhapsody while in others Brian has said they Freddie wrote the guitar solo on Killer Queen.

It just seems that some fans find a point and then reshare it without a context which often has a different conclusion than what the original said.

Nathan H user not visiting Queenzone.com
Nathan H
Bohemian: 759 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 22:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie Jupiter wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if Freddie changed lyrics and compositions on a lot of songs that were originally conceived as concepts by the other three.

For example Freddie says somewhere that Roger came up with the ideas for AKOM and then pissed off somewhere and it was Freddie who arranged it into that poppy radio friendly tune, which actually ended up very different from the way Roger had initially conceived it.


The original version of AKOM was already recorded before Freddie did his "magic". His effort was essentially a remix so with songwriting credits he didn't create or write the song. They are plenty of remixes of songs by other people but the remixer rarely ever gets a credit especially if the original was already recorded and released.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 6129 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 23:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie Jupiter wrote:

It was already recorded? With vocals by whom?


Have you been a Queen fan for long?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASw32qKppMw




"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 6129 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 23:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie Jupiter wrote:

This is a link to a finished version of the song with vocals by Freddie. I said the vocals and the feel of the song is the magic, as the lyrics are pretty mediocre, and you link me to a version of the song with vocals by Freddie WTF?


So you didn't know of the Highlander version of the song i.e. the original? WTF indeed.


"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 6129 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 23:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You asked: "It was already recorded? With vocals by whom?"
I answered because you clearly didn't know the the Highlander version was the first recording. Vocals are by Fred btw, in case you don't know that either.

ps it's a pretty stupid thing to say that corona virus makes people stupider. Stupid must be a pre-existing condition for you.


"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
AlbaNo1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 580 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Mar 20, 23:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Robert Plant knocks out album after album, Roger Daltrey did a great album with Wilko Johnson, Bryan Ferry has released 6 or 7 albums in the last 30 years.

There isn’t a Led Zeppelin biopic or musical. Or Roxy Music. Or Pink Floyd.

Without doubt the output of classic bands decreases from their peak. But how can anyone say Brian’s output has not been disappointing. Rogers has been ok. He always did stuff knowing it wouldn’t sell big. Brian gave it a go in the 90s then completely gave up as a creative artist.

Ian Hunter has done loads of albums. But all the forum establishment did was attack Gerry for not knowing Mott the Hoople. Everyone sidestepped the fact that Hunter has said the film “ wasn’t Fred”.

The fact is on this forum people argue against the person not the post.

Nobody has ever said Brian doesn’t have a right to choose but they have expressed a disappointment in what he has chosen.

AlbaNo1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 580 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Mar 20, 00:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let’s just say , from what clips we see of Queen in the studio Freddie does appear to be dominant but also a team player.

If there was something of value they all contributed.

And as for magnifying the contribution of Brian to the guitar solo in Bo Rhap, bloody hell, that’s also straight out the film .

Saint Jiub user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Saint Jiub
Deity: 8184 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Mar 20, 00:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

brENsKi wrote:

no matter who you choose to "remember it" Roger did the heavy lifting in the 80s,


^

This


Socialism:



There's one for you, nineteen for me

Should five per cent appear too small

Be thankful I don't take it all